• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Which drug/drugs make others say "you look younger"?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Poll: Which drug/drugs make others say you look younger? Specify dosage if it's unusual (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Melatonin 0.3-3mg

1. Carnosine 50-1000mg (1 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

2. Phenytoin 50-300mg (1 votes [20.00%])

3. Antidepressant (Please specify name and the dose) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. S-Adenosyl-L-Methionine >400mg (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Low Dose Aspirin (1 votes [20.00%])

6. Acetyl-L-Carnitine (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Lipoic acid and combos of (0 votes [0.00%])

8. Multivitamin/Multimineral supplements (Please name or give an idea of ingridients) (0 votes [0.00%])

9. Antioxidant combos that include (0 votes [0.00%])

10. My skin cream which has (0 votes [0.00%])

11. Something Else (Please specify) (2 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 accurate_atheist

• 23 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 06:57 PM

Which drug/drugs(upto 10) makes you feel younger or others say so? Scientists say that people born now-a-days will atleast live to be 200! Yet noone die's of old age, people die in old age of diseases. So have we found this magic bullet? I'm waiting to know with fingers crossed. So many people die of cancer without any nanotech.[/b] As the post 'antideps increase lifespan' seems to be popular I am hopeful for this topic. My antiaging stack has Metformin 500mg, Melatonin 1mg, Phenytoin 100mg (it coarsens skin, but I have epilepsy), Carnosine (out of supply), antioxidant that includes natural carotenoids, Vit C,E, Folate, B6, B12, antidepressant Remeron, St. john's wort [may not be antiaging], Selegiline (5mg/week), Lipoic acid 200mg with Chromium,Benfotiamine,Methylcobalamin, My skin cream with tretinoin 0.05%, an appetizer Cyproheptadine (may be I was attempting calorie restriction! and got anorexic). These I have been taking for 15 years. i need a benzodiazepine, have quit smoking six months, limited drinking[where's all the resveratrol, someone treat me to red wine?], other stuff in multivit/multimineral includes choline, iodine, zinc, manganese, calcium, magnesium, selenium, inositol [all are 'normal' doses], Lithium and valproate-I'll try to quit phenytoin and rely on valproate [no one assures if safe]. I also take aspirin coated tabs 81mg and green and black tea. Of late I've become poor and cannot really afford to import from European Pharmacies. I'll end with a tip, if you do not find carnosine, supplementing with beta-alanine, one of the two aminos of the 'wonder dipeptide' greatly increases body's carnosine. I'm not advocating any drug and would like to know from you.

#2 Canetti

• 7 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 01:42 AM

I actually had a "pub friend" who has seen me twice a week on a regular basis for a number of years suddenly exclaim this about three months after I began taking 500 mg. metformin once nightly around 11 pm. He actually began questioning me on what was going on, since he was somewhat confounded by his own observation. I was, needless to say, rather enthused by this observation.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users