• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

1st time phenylethylamine user..... my experience....

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 PR2

• 23 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 07:13 PM

Guys,

Just wanted to share my experience today of using my 1st ever drug / nootropic whatever you wish to call it

Took 1.5g of PEA along with a little B multivit, 1 g Vit C and a little grape juice.

After around 15 minutes I felt a very strange floaty feeling and a strange horniness, these feelings lasted around 15 mins and then went away.

I then popped another 1.5g of PEA along with a little B multivit, 1 g Vit C and more grape juice.

10 minutes later my whole head / face became extremely tingly (like nice pins + needles) and my face + torso became 'blotchy' and I felt very 'awake' and clear minded. Again I felt floaty and the strange horniness was again present. My vision became super clear and my mind and body felt very 'clean'. This lasted around 15 minutes again and since then I've felt very clearheaded if a little tired.

Overall a very strange but nice feeling for my 1st step into this world

Can I ask the board if this experience will 'die down' with successive usage?
Is there any way to prolong the high (other than with selegiline etc)?

and most importantly-

Does the use of PEA 'correct' imbalances within the brain on a permanent basis or is the effect only there as long as the substance is within my system?

Thank you all for your time
PR2

#2 Galantamine

• 209 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 10:07 PM

Guys,

Just wanted to share my experience today of using my 1st ever drug / nootropic whatever you wish to call it

Took 1.5g of PEA along with a little B multivit, 1 g Vit C and a little grape juice.

After around 15 minutes I felt a very strange floaty feeling and a strange horniness, these feelings lasted around 15 mins and then went away.

I then popped another 1.5g of PEA along with a little B multivit, 1 g Vit C and more grape juice.

10 minutes later my whole head / face became extremely tingly (like nice pins + needles) and my face + torso became 'blotchy' and I felt very 'awake' and clear minded. Again I felt floaty and the strange horniness was again present. My vision became super clear and my mind and body felt very 'clean'. This lasted around 15 minutes again and since then I've felt very clearheaded if a little tired.

Overall a very strange but nice feeling for my 1st step into this world

Can I ask the board if this experience will 'die down' with successive usage?
Is there any way to prolong the high (other than with selegiline etc)?

and most importantly-

Does the use of PEA 'correct' imbalances within the brain on a permanent basis or is the effect only there as long as the substance is within my system?

Thank you all for your time
PR2

Imbalance? PEA creates a temporary high.

Selegiline + PEA will decrease metabolism.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 shifter

• 716 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 11:44 PM

with 5mg selegiline per day, I had that feeling last hours.

I think the dose you took was on the excessive side and you will build up a tolerance like that.

I think PEA is just for the seldom uses though. I would not recommend it for everyday use like other supplements.

Also make sure you have a good blood pressure monitor handy :) The euphoria is most likely accompanied by a massive spike in blood pressure. All you have to do to lower your blood pressure though is get the heart pumping faster.

One odd thing I noticed though. Is the tingling, enhanced vision etc a result of the higher blood pressure? Once I got my blood pressure back to normal, most of that was gone.

#4 nick774

• 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 06:55 AM

Interesting report.

I, too, have tried phenylethylamine in similar doses and your experiences were very similar to mine. 30 minutes after ingesting 1.5 grams of phenylethylamine I would have this strange pleasurable feeling, and my skin would get red and blotchy. It felt really nice, and I would even talk to myself, and I was very relaxed -- everything seemed to 'slow down.' However, sometimes, I wouldn't experience any effects from ingesting the PEA; it seemed to only work on an empty stomach for me. The effects were very short-lived, seeming to last 10-25 minutes. However, PEA is definitely not placebo.

However, I too am curious if phenylethylamine actually provides any cognitive benefits as a nootropic. The 'high' produced from ingested high doses is indeed nice, but I am interested if it actually enhances mood, attention, focus, alertness, etc (as described on the bottle I had purchased). With a chemical structure very similar to amphetamine, it seems that the purported effects should be the expected effects.

Has anyone experienced any cognitive benefits whatsoever from phenylethylamine?

#5 PR2

• Topic Starter
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 12:00 PM

Interesting report.

I, too, have tried phenylethylamine in similar doses and your experiences were very similar to mine. 30 minutes after ingesting 1.5 grams of phenylethylamine I would have this strange pleasurable feeling, and my skin would get red and blotchy. It felt really nice, and I would even talk to myself, and I was very relaxed -- everything seemed to 'slow down.' However, sometimes, I wouldn't experience any effects from ingesting the PEA; it seemed to only work on an empty stomach for me. The effects were very short-lived, seeming to last 10-25 minutes. However, PEA is definitely not placebo.

However, I too am curious if phenylethylamine actually provides any cognitive benefits as a nootropic. The 'high' produced from ingested high doses is indeed nice, but I am interested if it actually enhances mood, attention, focus, alertness, etc (as described on the bottle I had purchased). With a chemical structure very similar to amphetamine, it seems that the purported effects should be the expected effects.

Has anyone experienced any cognitive benefits whatsoever from phenylethylamine?

Thanks for your replies guys, much appreciated :)

I woke this morning feeling very nicely refreshed and rested (very, very unusual for me!!). I tried 2g PEA this time with a little vit B and vit C and remained in bed. This time the effects took 35 minutes to kick in. I had exactly the same feelings as described in my original post however this time the physical effects (head tingles + skin blothces) were not as pronounced or as long lasting. The mental effects however were just as good as yeterday :)
I then had a small breakfast + hit the gym for a run (I run pretty much most mornings) + have to say I felt double double good :) The run was a breeze :)

A couple of hours has now passed + I feel very nice still - not stoned or buzzed, just very relaxed + clear minded. There is a definite 'lift' in my brain - it feels 'cleaner' and more 'tuned in' if that makes sense to you guys?

Is it safe to take PEA every morning (I would drop my doasge to 1gram only)? if not, how often would be ok (in terms of how many days per week)?

Thanks as always to the forum
PR2

#6 stayin_alive

• 84 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 02:39 PM

Are you serious? at low dose PEA (20 mg) I derive a decent benefit of sustained attention but certainly not a high and certainly not for hours. I take 10 mg deprenyl daily (5 in the am, and 5 around noon.) For full blown euphoria it's greater than 100 mg PEA and it lasts less than or just at 20 mins.

Can you be specific about your dosage and timing? Are you swallowing your seleg? how much PEA and how long after you dose your Sel do you take your PEA?

#7 PR2

• Topic Starter
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 04:36 PM

Are you serious? at low dose PEA (20 mg) I derive a decent benefit of sustained attention but certainly not a high and certainly not for hours. I take 10 mg deprenyl daily (5 in the am, and 5 around noon.) For full blown euphoria it's greater than 100 mg PEA and it lasts less than or just at 20 mins.

Can you be specific about your dosage and timing? Are you swallowing your seleg? how much PEA and how long after you dose your Sel do you take your PEA?

Hey guys,

Did 2g on an empty stomach this morning + WOW :)

The effects came on after only 6 minutes this time + were VERY pronounced - much more of a buzz than the 1st day when I did 1.5g and another 1.5g 15 minutes or so after.

This time, the rush was very very strong with the 'pins and needles' being very strong. I felt very floaty + happy :)

Anyone explain why it came on so damn fast this time?

Again, today as with the last 2 days I've felt great all day following using the substance :)

#8 moo

• 38 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:48 PM

Hey guys,

The effects came on after only 6 minutes this time + were VERY pronounced - much more of a buzz than the 1st day when I did 1.5g and another 1.5g 15 minutes or so after.

This time, the rush was very very strong with the 'pins and needles' being very strong. I felt very floaty + happy :)

Again, today as with the last 2 days I've felt great all day following using the substance :)

It came on so fast because your membrane is now permeable to PEA + when it starts working it has already established connections to cross (i.e. its been over to your place before and now it knows how to get there more easily). I would speculate that this won't last forever though. At least in my case the first few experiences with a substance are always the most telling and magical. It's like a honeymoon period- you spend some real quality time together and then you get to know each other and if things really work out you stay together and establish a working relationship. :)
  • dislike x 1

#9 PR2

• Topic Starter
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 07:28 PM

Hey guys,

It came on so fast because your membrane is now permeable to PEA + when it starts working it has already established connections to cross (i.e. its been over to your place before and now it knows how to get there more easily). I would speculate that this won't last forever though. At least in my case the first few experiences with a substance are always the most telling and magical. It's like a honeymoon period- you spend some real quality time together and then you get to know each other and if things really work out you stay together and establish a working relationship. ;)

Diggin your input my friend :) does that mean that I could now take less of the substance and still get the same effect because my brain is more susceptible to it + happy to 'allow' it to enter + work its magic?

btw - I read a few post on here saying PEA is a placebo effect........ even as a total noob I can tell you guys it most certainly is not :)

#10 Cuil

• 56 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 10:56 PM

I found a local source for pea and an mao-b inhibitor.

For pea, I will use chocolate and blue-green algae

For mao-b inhibition, I will try piperine, patented as bioperine.

I will report how the combo works.

Getting both from vitamin shoppe

Edited by Cuil, 03 August 2009 - 10:57 PM.

#11 Galantamine

• 209 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 11:44 PM

I found a local source for pea and an mao-b inhibitor.

For pea, I will use chocolate and blue-green algae

For mao-b inhibition, I will try piperine, patented as bioperine.

I will report how the combo works.

Getting both from vitamin shoppe

Piperine will not be an effective MAO-B inhibitor.

#12 stayin_alive

• 84 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 03:14 AM

Did 2g on an empty stomach this morning + WOW ;)

And how long was this WOW lasting?

#13 shifter

• 716 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:20 AM

5mg selegiline swallowed each day. I would leave it under my tongue for a minute first. I would then take on an emptyish stomach roughly just under a gram of PEA. Sometimes I took an additional 5mg tablet 10mins prior to the PEA. The euphoria, sharper vision, increased alertness, increased confidence and a smile you couldn't help do was there for hours. The tingling was there for much longer than 15 minutes but not there for teh whole night. There were 2 brands I tried and 1 was better than the other

1 of them came in a powder you ordered by the gram. (forget the brand). It Came in coarse looking crystal flakes. The other was from Unique Nutrition and came in capsules but in a fine powder. The one from Unique Nutrition did not work as well I thought, but still hit the spot.

Gelatin capsules, worked in about 15minutes. (what I put the powder in) Vegicaps (from unique Nutrition), took 45-60 minutes to kick in. I've put it in water once but apart from the foul taste I wouldn't recommend it. Cant imagine it being good for teeth!

Things to note on my experiences
Topping up on the dose after your initial dose, does not to much if anything. You will not get a reoccurance of the pins and needles. You may just have the spaced out feeling last a bit longer. Not really worth it.

While shyness overcome and increased confidence was there at the start, toward the end, it almost felt as if I were more shy than before I took it.

Apart from the temporary high blood pressure, it the initial buzz it 'felt' as though I would not breathe unless I controlled it. It didn't feel as if it was an autonomic unconcious action anymore. Maybe it was just me being super alert about everything. But I would not take this before bed to see if you have super cool dreams (probably couldn't sleep on it anyway) :)

Blood pressure was easy to manipulate. Before taking it, Blood pressure was 130/70 with 66 beats a minute. After taking it, rocketed to 180/112, still same heart rate. 40 pushups later (normally puffed out after 20 lol) blood pressure 50/80 and heart rate 144 beats a minute. Still felt okay an not light headed, but did feel it when I stood up. After that, the PEA experience was gone. It was like the euphoria was dependent on the high blood pressure or a low heart rate or both.

Taking a gram is excessive enough. Anymore is a waste and may lead to tolerance issues as well as your brain having to mop up the harsh crap its broken into. This is not a supplement to be taken daily unless its at very low doses, and at those dose levels, kind of pointless without an MAO-B inhibitor.

Its been a looong time since I've taken it though, addiction is definatly not an issue :) I do laugh however when people I've hung out with spend nearly triple digit figures getting wasted on alcohol for their buzz (and thats a depressent!). While the combination of selegiline + PEA equalled about $1 and I was the one with a smile on my face all night ;)

#14 PR2

• Topic Starter
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:20 AM

And how long was this WOW lasting?

Lasted around 20 minutes :) :) :) and very nice it was to ;)

#15 PR2

• Topic Starter
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:24 AM

Guys, thanks again for all your input + anecdotes, very helpful to me as a new guy ;)

I have some piracetam on its way (having researched it thoroughly on here and being impressed by its potential). Is it ok to take piracetam + PEA on the same day / at the same time?

If so, is it best to take one before the other? at different times in the day? what dosage of both will work well together?

thanks agaon everyone
PR2

#16 stayin_alive

• 84 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 11:16 AM

Guys, thanks again for all your input + anecdotes, very helpful to me as a new guy ;)

I have some piracetam on its way (having researched it thoroughly on here and being impressed by its potential). Is it ok to take piracetam + PEA on the same day / at the same time?

If so, is it best to take one before the other? at different times in the day? what dosage of both will work well together?

thanks agaon everyone
PR2

Be EXTREMELY CAREFUL WITH PEA if using an MAO-B inhibitor. PEA is great stuff but if you read the anecdotes you''ll see it's a very short blast. I certainly achieved a greater high than that of crack, but it's not something I wish to duplicate nor was I trying to get that sort of a high. For me the low doses are very nice.

As far as Piracetam, I don't know of any reason why they would be contraindicated.

#17 moo

• 38 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:51 PM

Hey guys,

It came on so fast because your membrane is now permeable to PEA + when it starts working it has already established connections to cross (i.e. its been over to your place before and now it knows how to get there more easily). I would speculate that this won't last forever though. At least in my case the first few experiences with a substance are always the most telling and magical. It's like a honeymoon period- you spend some real quality time together and then you get to know each other and if things really work out you stay together and establish a working relationship. ;)

Diggin your input my friend :) does that mean that I could now take less of the substance and still get the same effect because my brain is more susceptible to it + happy to 'allow' it to enter + work its magic?

btw - I read a few post on here saying PEA is a placebo effect........ even as a total noob I can tell you guys it most certainly is not :)

I think when your tolerance for high doses leaves you will be able to take significantly lower doses and get good effects. I don't think it will continue to be as wonderful as the first times you've taken it, but I think it will continue to be a good experience for you because you've found something that goes with your chemical makeup. If you overdo it you could change your relationship with PEA and it could lose a lot of what you like about it- at least for for a while.

PEA is definitely not placebo. It is "intrinsically a stimulant" - it is the archetypal stimulant skeleton structure.

Phenylethylamine + 1 carbon = phenylisopropylamine or a-methylphenylethylamine (amphetamine)
Almost any modification produces an interesting and sometimes very powerful substance.

All things considered though, it may not be of any interest to some people because it is already naturally present in the body and if the particular person has enough of it available then what good does adding anymore of it do? Also if that person is taking something like amphetamine or used to taking stuff like that they are unlikely to noticed PEA's effects.

Since you find PEA to be good to you have you considered DPA or DPLA supplementation (give your body more building blocks to create its own PEA with)?

I'm interested to hear about your piracetam experiences in the future. I would give it at least two weeks (that's how long it took to work for me). Though for some people it happens quickly. It is definitely safe to take piracetam and PEA on the same day. I have been wanting to try phenylpiracetam for a while. You would probably find it interesting. Structurally, it's as if PEA and piracetam had a baby together. I'm about to try aniracetam for the first time- it also has a PEAish structure- not what phenylpiracetam has though. Anyway, keep us up to date.

#18 PR2

• Topic Starter
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 06:10 PM

I think when your tolerance for high doses leaves you will be able to take significantly lower doses and get good effects. I don't think it will continue to be as wonderful as the first times you've taken it, but I think it will continue to be a good experience for you because you've found something that goes with your chemical makeup. If you overdo it you could change your relationship with PEA and it could lose a lot of what you like about it- at least for for a while.

PEA is definitely not placebo. It is "intrinsically a stimulant" - it is the archetypal stimulant skeleton structure.

Phenylethylamine + 1 carbon = phenylisopropylamine or a-methylphenylethylamine (amphetamine)
Almost any modification produces an interesting and sometimes very powerful substance.

All things considered though, it may not be of any interest to some people because it is already naturally present in the body and if the particular person has enough of it available then what good does adding anymore of it do? Also if that person is taking something like amphetamine or used to taking stuff like that they are unlikely to noticed PEA's effects.

Since you find PEA to be good to you have you considered DPA or DPLA supplementation (give your body more building blocks to create its own PEA with)?

I'm interested to hear about your piracetam experiences in the future. I would give it at least two weeks (that's how long it took to work for me). Though for some people it happens quickly. It is definitely safe to take piracetam and PEA on the same day. I have been wanting to try phenylpiracetam for a while. You would probably find it interesting. Structurally, it's as if PEA and piracetam had a baby together. I'm about to try aniracetam for the first time- it also has a PEAish structure- not what phenylpiracetam has though. Anyway, keep us up to date.

Thanks again guys, its great to log in + see more advice and guidance :) I have a couple more queries that have come to light following the more recent additions to the thread:-

1. Does my nice reaction to PEA mean I don't have enough of it already present in my brain? I do suffer with feeling 'flat' (not depressed) quite often........

2. in terms of PEA + piracetam 'having a baby together' - this sounds very interesting - what kind of feelings should I expect on this combination? I understand piracetam to be good for memory, clarity, stable mood etc and already know how nice PEA makes me feel, so should I just expect more of the same kind of feelings or will there be different new elements given the introduction of piracetam to my mix?

3. Do I need to be aware of any pitfalls / sides associated with the combination?

Massive thanks again guys, this is a top place to be involved with ;)

Edited by chrono, 26 August 2010 - 01:35 PM.
quote trimming

#19 moo

• 38 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 06:59 PM

What I meant by piracetam and PEA having a baby together was this: http://en.wikipedia....Phenylpiracetam

There may be a synergistic effect between the two but I guess you get to find that out ;)
They definitely won't synthesize phenylpiracetam in vitro (I wish...).
Side effects of piracetam: for some people headache or brainfog (A lot of users seem to think this is choline-related).
I get fog from piracetam after continued use and I can't seem to avoid it- even with choline supplementation.
Pramiracetam works wonders for me however. If piracetam is not right for you, you shouldn't give up before you try
the other racetams (prami-, ani-, oxi-).

Has PEA taken away any of your "flat" feeling other than during it's immediate effects (i.e. the next day)?
Unfortunately it's hard to know what's up with PEA because it hasn't been properly assayed at all receptors.
I would still wager your flat feeling is dopamine or alpha-adrenergic related because substitued phenethylamines
work on these systems.

Dopamine is actually a slightly modified phenethylamine molecule:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dopamine
http://en.wikipedia....henylethylamine
Take a look at how closely related they are.

BTW, my fiance finds piracetam to really help her mood (she has a similar mood issue).

#20 PR2

• Topic Starter
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 07:25 PM

What I meant by piracetam and PEA having a baby together was this: http://en.wikipedia....Phenylpiracetam

There may be a synergistic effect between the two but I guess you get to find that out ;)
They definitely won't synthesize phenylpiracetam in vitro (I wish...).
Side effects of piracetam: for some people headache or brainfog (A lot of users seem to think this is choline-related).
I get fog from piracetam after continued use and I can't seem to avoid it- even with choline supplementation.
Pramiracetam works wonders for me however. If piracetam is not right for you, you shouldn't give up before you try
the other racetams (prami-, ani-, oxi-).

Has PEA taken away any of your "flat" feeling other than during it's immediate effects (i.e. the next day)?
Unfortunately it's hard to know what's up with PEA because it hasn't been properly assayed at all receptors.
I would still wager your flat feeling is dopamine or alpha-adrenergic related because substitued phenethylamines
work on these systems.

Dopamine is actually a slightly modified phenethylamine molecule:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dopamine
http://en.wikipedia....henylethylamine
Take a look at how closely related they are.

BTW, my fiance finds piracetam to really help her mood (she has a similar mood issue).

Thanks Moo, you're a diamond :)

It has taken away the flat feeling during the day and replaced it with a clearness (a poor description but best I can do!) a nice kind of nothing-bothers-me type of feeling.

I havent used PEA today (no other substances either) and found I feel slightly flat again + a bit overly introspective. I have today though had my 1st 'tingles' in the old johnson (my other post refers to some sexual / libido issues) for quite some time following erotic thoughts :) so something is definitely wrong somewhere + the PEA from the last 3 days has done something to 'correct' this...........

your (and everyone's) further thoughts more than welcome.............

thanks

#21 shifter

• 716 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 03:25 AM

I find that when on 5mg on selegiline per day, I would get the tingles sensation if I hear a song that I liked. As PEA is created from a pleasurable emotional response, perhaps when I hear a song or anything that would make me feel good, the PEA that is created isn't nearly instantly destroyed (because I'm taking the MAOI-b) so floats around in my brain in greater amounts and for longer than normal.

Could be totally wrong, but just a thought.

#22 moo

• 38 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 06:04 PM

@PR2: If PEA is really doing the trick right now you should look into phenylalanine supplementation- That would probably be a more sustainable way to increase levels of PEA in your body. Plus- you could always keep PEA around for an extra boost. Also there could be other PEA derivatives that might be better because of an increased half-life. According to Alexander Shulgin the PEA molecule is easily broken down in the body by MAO, but if a substituent is added anywhere on the molecule it's half-life is significantly increased. These substances are out there, but I am not familiar with them. I guess the other option is always MAO-inhibitors like selegiline. There is actually a substance that mimics selegiline but with phenethylamine as its base structure, but to my knowledge it is still experimental and unavailable: http://www3.intersci...l...=1&SRETRY=0

@shifter: With 5mg of selegiline per day you are probably building up a store of metabolite amphetamines. Your response to music could be the effects of dopamine reuptake inhibition. Obviously, the deprenyl is going to prevent MAO metabolism of PEA as well, but in this case we are talking "chocolate" vs. amphetamine. I put my money on the amphetamine lol.

#23 PR2

• Topic Starter
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 02:20 PM

@PR2: If PEA is really doing the trick right now you should look into phenylalanine supplementation- That would probably be a more sustainable way to increase levels of PEA in your body. Plus- you could always keep PEA around for an extra boost. Also there could be other PEA derivatives that might be better because of an increased half-life. According to Alexander Shulgin the PEA molecule is easily broken down in the body by MAO, but if a substituent is added anywhere on the molecule it's half-life is significantly increased. These substances are out there, but I am not familiar with them. I guess the other option is always MAO-inhibitors like selegiline. There is actually a substance that mimics selegiline but with phenethylamine as its base structure, but to my knowledge it is still experimental and unavailable: http://www3.intersci...l...=1&SRETRY=0

@shifter: With 5mg of selegiline per day you are probably building up a store of metabolite amphetamines. Your response to music could be the effects of dopamine reuptake inhibition. Obviously, the deprenyl is going to prevent MAO metabolism of PEA as well, but in this case we are talking "chocolate" vs. amphetamine. I put my money on the amphetamine lol.

Thanks Moo,

Have now added 1mg per day of selegiline (from ratiopharm) to the mix as of today. Wont be taking PEA today. Not sure if I can feel much from the selegiline other than a very 'level' kind of feeling (is that likely atfter just 1 mg?).

I understand PEA works by blocking dopamine reduction for up to 2 weeks - would the 1 mg I have taken today be a high enough dosage to cause that effect?

If I take 2g of PEA tomorrow upon wakening is that safe considering I now have selegiline in my blood/body/brain? I dont want to dabble in this combo if its going to cause any issues.

Also have piracetam en route - is that perfectly safe to take alongside PEA + selegiline? if not I think I'd drop the selegiline + go with PEA and piracetam..........

Thanks as ever

#24 stayin_alive

• 84 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 04:32 PM

If I take 2g of PEA tomorrow upon wakening is that safe considering I now have selegiline in my blood/body/brain? I dont want to dabble in this combo if its going to cause any issues.

Also have piracetam en route - is that perfectly safe to take alongside PEA + selegiline? if not I think I'd drop the selegiline + go with PEA and piracetam..........

Thanks as ever

If you have any MAO-b inhibition going on, 2 grams is way too much. MAO inhibition is greatest somewhere between 24 and 48 hrs after ingestion of deprenyl. However I'm not clear on how much inhibition your dep dose is going to provide.

#25 moo

• 38 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 10:52 AM

Let's see: PEA + Piracetam is definitely safe. Piracetam + Selegiline is definitely safe. PEA + Selegiline is a grey area. If you read anecdotal reports you will find a lot of people getting "high" off of that combination- some people compare it to MDMA or amphetamines. That being said- I don't think there are any deaths or hospitalizations associated with this combo- but there are a lot of people who became very over-stimulated and regretted it. You are probably going to have to experiment and figure this one out yourself if you are going to be taking selegiline. You would probably need to start at a low dose of PEA (like 50 - 100 mg) and work your way up until you either experience discomfort or find your optimal dose. In all likelihood it's safe to take your standard dose of PEA after your first 1mg dose of selegiline because MAOb shouldn't be significantly inhibited yet, but you probably don't want to risk the discomfort (especially if you have to go to work or something like that). There is a report somewhere on here of someone having a bad experience with 1.25 mg of deprenyl + 600 mg of PEA (I would suspect he was on a daily dose of 1.25 mg selegiline).
It sounds like PEA does the trick for you so maybe just combining that with piracetam is the safer, better (more enjoyable) option. Selegiline is an intense undertaking so maybe you should hold onto that in case PEA and piracetam doesn't work out for you. With selegiline hopefully you wouldn't need PEA because it should increase your natural levels of it.

#26 PR2

• Topic Starter
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 11:54 AM

Splendid guidance Moo, thank you :)

Took 250mg of PEA this morning (to test the waters following 2 days of 1mg of selegiline) + didn't feel anything so I think I can assume that MAO-B isnt completely 'selegilined' by the 1mg doses I've taken so far.

Gonna leave the selegiline for a while + wait for the piracetam to arrive + then experiment with that + PEA for a while :)

#27 Cuil

• 56 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 04:31 AM

Where are you guys getting the selegeline? I was getting jumex from this place in africa last year, but it is so expensive! Any source that is cheaper than a dollar per 5mg pill?

#28 moo

• 38 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 05:19 AM

Where are you guys getting the selegeline? I was getting jumex from this place in africa last year, but it is so expensive! Any source that is cheaper than a dollar per 5mg pill?

Personally, I purchase from nubrain. (is this allowed? if not I am sorry).

#29 stayin_alive

• 84 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 02:39 PM

Splendid guidance Moo, thank you :p

Took 250mg of PEA this morning (to test the waters following 2 days of 1mg of selegiline) + didn't feel anything so I think I can assume that MAO-B isnt completely 'selegilined' by the 1mg doses I've taken so far.

Gonna leave the selegiline for a while + wait for the piracetam to arrive + then experiment with that + PEA for a while :p

It's smart taking it slow. Ten mg had a great difference in response. I have not experienced the highest threshold of a "high." I have taken deprenyl at 10 mg/day for some time before taking PEA. For PEA I began at 10 mg and each subsequent dose (3 total in a day, 4 hours apart, two of those one hour after deprenyl) and at one point it was quite speedy, the next 10 mg had me soaring - kind of a scary high for me - I'm an old guy but know well the high of meth, coke and crack. I'd say it was very much crack like if not somewhat higher. That is not an experience I really want to duplicate so I haven't experimented with higher doses.

The PEA dose that had me crack like was 130 mg. As previously stated 120 mg didn't result in anything close to 130 mg.

On the other hand, taking 130 on a day with no deprenyl (that is simply by MAOi) - did not result in the same experience.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 shifter

• 716 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:55 AM

I stuffed up taking my liquid selegiline once (selepryl). It was a while since I took it but I ended up taking one 'eye dropper' worth instead of 1 drop (each drop being roughly 1mg). I wanted to take 2mg so I loaded up the 2nd eye dropper worth but then thought it didn't seem right.

I then realised it 1mg PER DROP. I had almost 20 drops! It was a weird head rush but nothing to write home about.

As I'm only 27, I just take 1-2mg every couple of days. Thats probably enough to do the job

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users