Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Pure Cycloastragenol is NOW AVAILABLE!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 MoodyBlue

• 144 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 12:41 AM

Why contemplate wasting thousands of dollars on TA-65 when Revgenetics has now released the same thing for only $69.98 for a 30 day supply? If everything that "saxiephon" says is true in this post then "Astral Fruit-C" is the same thing as TA-65: http://www.imminst.o...&...st&p=261490. Here is Revgenetics' product: http://store.revgene...lfruit-c-30.htm.

Who's going to take the gamble? For those of you who haven't read Life Extension's article about TA-65, the big thing that some scientists worry about concerning telomerase activation is the possibility that it will up-regulate the telomerase in cancerous cells in which it is not yet up-regulated. See the full article here: http://www.lef.org/m...tivation_01.htm. It sounds both very risky and tempting at the same time.

Just remember, if the cure for aging is finally here, it doesn't imply immortality. Even teenagers die in accidents, etc..

#2 newshadow

• 28 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:42 PM

Why contemplate wasting thousands of dollars on TA-65 when Revgenetics has now released the same thing for only $69.98 for a 30 day supply? If everything that "saxiephon" says is true in this post then "Astral Fruit-C" is the same thing as TA-65: http://www.imminst.o...&...st&p=261490. Here is Revgenetics' product: http://store.revgene...lfruit-c-30.htm.

Who's going to take the gamble? For those of you who haven't read Life Extension's article about TA-65, the big thing that some scientists worry about concerning telomerase activation is the possibility that it will up-regulate the telomerase in cancerous cells in which it is not yet up-regulated. See the full article here: http://www.lef.org/m...tivation_01.htm. It sounds both very risky and tempting at the same time.

Just remember, if the cure for aging is finally here, it doesn't imply immortality. Even teenagers die in accidents, etc..

Most of the literature indicates that not only does telomerase not cause cancer but it prevents it.In addition to that not all cancerous cells express telomerase.Measures can also taken to destroy cancer cells in the initial stages with other supplements.However you are correct at this stage it does entail some risk....Im in.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Johnny B

• 5 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 10:36 AM

Question: Is there any new research that shows astral fruit or TA 65 as effective in conserving or lengthening telomeres?

#4 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 01:23 PM

Question: Is there any new research that shows astral fruit or TA 65 as effective in conserving or lengthening telomeres?

This is a good summary, in our main thread on the subject.
  • like x 1

#5 zorba990

• 1,601 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 07:35 PM

Yes thanks for making this available!

#6 Johnny B

• 5 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:35 PM

Check out this article on age reversal in Mice achieved by a Harvard scientist:

http://www.guardian....ing-mice-humans

"What we saw in these animals was not a slowing down or stabilisation of the ageing process. We saw a dramatic reversal – and that was unexpected," said Ronald DePinho, who led the study, which was published in the journal Nature.

#7 stephen_b

• 1,735 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 06:03 AM

The treatment (what it was exactly the news article did not say) reversed "aging" damage in mice genetically altered not to express telomerase. These mice weren't old, but prematurely aged, which might not be the same thing. Might be promising though.
  • like x 2

#8 saxiephon

• 79 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:24 PM

Check out the following more complete WSJ article:
http://online.wsj.co...4209242180.html

Can someone determine what the estrogen based compound is?

#9 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:33 PM

Astragalus extracts are sometimes referred to as estrogen mimetics, and some components of the extract has been found to activate telomerase, at least in vitro. Probably one of the astragalus compounds discussed in this thread,

#10 Moonlitnight

• 39 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:13 PM

I've got my hands on some LivLong formula containing the following:

Cycloastragenol 5 mg, astragoloside IV (98%) 35 mg and astragalus 0.5% 250 milligrams. It's compounded by Finlandia Pharmacy and is less than $100 a month. Will try to get my telomeres measured prior to use.

#11 Ampa-omega

• 335 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:20 PM

i believe that was a tamoxifen type drug perhaps analog.

"To reverse the effects of aging, the mice treated with a promoter drug (4-OHT) to increase telomerase activity and lengthen the telomeres."

keep in mind these are rats not humans, also they were not normal old rats, they were "premature aged induced".
  • like x 1

#12 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:35 AM

i believe that was a tamoxifen type drug perhaps analog.

"To reverse the effects of aging, the mice treated with a promoter drug (4-OHT) to increase telomerase activity and lengthen the telomeres."

keep in mind these are rats not humans, also they were not normal old rats, they were "premature aged induced".

This paper is widely misunderstood, and the "estrogen" connection keeps coming up. The compound was 4-hydroxy tamoxifen (4-OHT), but the DePinho group didn't use 4-OHT to lengthen telomeres, they used it to control levels of P53 in a mouse that had been genetically modified to have no telomerase. The interesting news there is the involvement of P53 and PGCs in the effects of telomere dysfunction, not anything having to do with hormones.
  • like x 3

#13 sub7

• 304 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:46 PM

The linked article talks about TA-65.
Has anyone used this?

By the way, how come there isn't more posts in this thread?
As far as I can see, this is huge news. Lengthening telomarase at a reasonable cost? Woooov... not sure if it will work as intended, but worthy of discussion surely, no?

#14 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:20 PM

sub7...

see this thread here (this should be the last page):
http://www.longecity.../page__st__1280

It is 65 pages long, over 1,292 posts and over 250,000 views so far and it began January 2008.. and continues to provide great information.

Yes... it's all about astragalus and telomerase.
If you have time, try to read the whole thread if possible.

Cheers
A

#15 sub7

• 304 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:00 PM

Thank you very much Anthony...
I was sure the topic had been brought up before.
Will read it right away, though not sure if I can make it through the entire thread.

Thank you very much

#16 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 09:43 PM

Has anyone used this?

As far as I can see, this is huge news. Lengthening telomarase at a reasonable cost? Woooov... not sure if it will work as intended, but worthy of discussion surely, no?

surely yes.
Haven't used it yet but I just ordered it online after reading Anisor's post.
The product LivLong is compounded and filled by hand in an organic herbal pharmacy in Vancouver and the developer of
the product owns the pharmacy and is very available to discuss it with you. Very nice man. 70 years old. Give him a call.
BTW it's $78.99 for 30 capsules. Free shipping if you order two boxes.

#17 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:54 AM

One study found that 180 g of astragalus illyricus contained 15, 50, and 5 (±10%) mg of cycloastragenol glycosides 1, 2, and 3, respectively.

Thus, one could get about 7 mg of assorted cycloastragenol glycosides by ingesting 18 g (about 30 capsules of common astragalus extracts). It is commonly supposed astragalus has common health benefits besides its affects upon telomeres. From 15 capsules daily of astragalus root extract, one could get 3.5 mg. That's a bit cheaper if you ask me than purchasing the pure stuff, and I'm calling the pioneers of this "medicine" capitalists.
  • dislike x 1

#18 GregLong

• 7 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:53 PM

One study found that 180 g of astragalus illyricus contained 15, 50, and 5 (±10%) mg of cycloastragenol glycosides 1, 2, and 3, respectively.

Thus, one could get about 7 mg of assorted cycloastragenol glycosides by ingesting 18 g (about 30 capsules of common astragalus extracts). It is commonly supposed astragalus has common health benefits besides its affects upon telomeres. From 15 capsules daily of astragalus root extract, one could get 3.5 mg. That's a bit cheaper if you ask me than purchasing the pure stuff, and I'm calling the pioneers of this "medicine" capitalists.

Interesting, but are you sure that your figures are not off by a figure of about ten?
I have seen studies calculating the Astragoloside IV content per 30 grams of root at about 4.5mg ( see Jim Green's website) or about 27mg in 180 grams. Therefore,70 mg of cyclo would seem very high. On the flip side,there are studies that seem to indicate that polysaccaharide content may have alot to to with the astragoloside content per gram. What study are you quoting? Also, since astragalus extracts usually utilize at 10:1 condensing ratio wouldn't 18grams give you the full benefit of the 180 grams of root?

#19 Methos000

• 144 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:01 PM

Could you provide a link to the study?
Who is manufacturing extracts of the astragalus illyricus subspecies? It doesn't exactly sound 'common'.

#20 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:14 PM

http://www.sciencedi...305197810000827

3.1. Extraction and isolation
Dried-powdered roots of A. illyricus(180 g) were extracted with 2 L MeOH, the extract was dried to give a reddish-brown
syrupy extract (29 g) and this was subjected to further purification as described below.
Isolation of 1-3. A portion of the MeOH extract (15 g) was chromatographed on a reversed-phase column (RP-18 silica)
using step-gradient elution withwater/MeOH (10% increment) to give 16 fractions. The fraction eluting with 90% MeOH (1.9 g)
was purified twice on silica gel with DCM/MeOH (9:1 to 7:3) to give compounds 1 (15.0 mg) and 2 (48.5 mg) and a subfraction,
which was again chromatographed on the same solvent system to afford 3 (4.1 mg) Fig. 1.

<Fig. 1>

3.2. Identification of purified compounds
Cycloastragenol glycosides 1-3 were identified unambiguously on the basis of their spectral data acquired from low
resolution ESI-MS and NMR experiments. Comparison of experimental data with those reported in the literature ascertained
the identity of the A illyricus saponins as astraverrucin I (1) (Pistelli et al., 1997), astragaloside III (2) (Kitagawa et al., 1983;
Hirotani et al., 1994a, 1994b; Zhou et al., 1995) and cyclounifolioside B (3) (Kucherbaev et al., 2002).

Let's remember this is a different form of Astragalus than is normally sold in stores.

A

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 12 November 2011 - 06:20 PM.

#21 yorwos

• 5 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:23 AM

well its nowhere close to 80$ at the moment its @220

#22 summer stars

• 26 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:59 PM

There's no way I could afford this even at "only" $70 a month, but I'm wondering, at what age should you consider taking a telomerase activator? I'm in my mid-20s so I figure I have plenty of time to watch for new developments in longevity research (hopefully!) and I don't feel like I'm missing the boat, but when should I start to contemplate taking something like astragalus components?

#23 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:50 PM

There's no way I could afford this even at "only" $70 a month, but I'm wondering, at what age should you consider taking a telomerase activator? I'm in my mid-20s so I figure I have plenty of time to watch for new developments in longevity research (hopefully!) and I don't feel like I'm missing the boat, but when should I start to contemplate taking something like astragalus components?

You don't need to engage in telomere extension in your mid twenties. However, you might want to live in such a way as to not shorten your telomeres any more than necessary. That means basic healthy living; good diet, get all the micronutrients you need, sleep, exercise, avoid undue stress. By the time you would benefit from telomerase activation, there will probably be some pretty good therapies. For the time being, you might want to concentrate on education and getting a good job so you will be able to afford those and other anti-aging treatments in the future.
  • like x 5

#24 zorba990

• 1,601 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 10:30 PM

Has anyone used this?

surely yes.
The product LivLong is compounded and filled by hand in an organic herbal pharmacy in Vancouver and the developer of
the product owns the pharmacy and is very available to discuss it with you. Very nice man. 70 years old. Give him a call.

Interesting. I get worried about the purity of chinese herbal extracts these days. Do you have a sense of purity in relation to this product? It certainly seems more reasonable than TA-65.

#25 zorba990

• 1,601 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:50 PM

Has anyone used this?

surely yes.

Interesting. I get worried about the purity of chinese herbal extracts these days. Do you have a sense of purity in relation to this product? It certainly seems more reasonable than TA-65.

Looks like Revgenetics has reversed positions again and are now releasing another cylo product, stem cell 100. Any thoughts?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#26 koala_muncher

• 56 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:19 AM

Hey guys, what is the state of play with these cycloastragenol  compounds?  Have we found any vendor-independent evidence for their efficacy either in vitro or in animal or humans?  Has anyone replicated the RevGenetics TA-65 T cell study?  Any good healthspan mice results out yet?  Any further analysis on what is different about TA-65 that confers it's supposed superior benefits?  Can anyone produce before and after telomere length tests to demonstrate success or otherwise?

I've been scouring the literature and I've lucked out so far.  Perhaps someone else has been more successful.

Cheerio

KMuncher

------------------

Edited by koala_muncher, 02 May 2014 - 02:22 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users