• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

how much choline to take with piracetam?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 csrpj

• 411 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:15 PM

yes, i have done the research... and surprisingly as it would seem, there doesn't seem to be a conclusive answers (despite others asking this same question).

so, how much choline bitartrate should i take with my piracetam? would the same ratio apply to the other racetams (namely ani and oxi)? unrelated, but i was also wondering weather it matters much if i take piracetam on empty vs. full stomach? and lastly, is it best i mix the choline with the piracetam, or just as long as i have choline in my system in general?

Edited by csrpj, 18 August 2009 - 09:16 PM.

#2 Piracetam

• 33 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:32 PM

I used a 2:1 ratio with choline bitartrate and found it ineffective. I'd suggest a different choline source or increasing the ratio.

Edited by Kamil P, 18 August 2009 - 09:33 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 jakesteele

• 17 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:12 PM

I used a 2:1 ratio with choline bitartrate and found it ineffective. I'd suggest a different choline source or increasing the ratio.

Which one's 2 and which one's 1?

#4 Piracetam

• 33 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:43 PM

I took twice the dosage of choline than of piracetam. I didn't find it too bad, but I was burned out (lack of choline I assume) about 3-4 hrs after dosage.
I'd suggest getting a better choline source. I have yet to try Alpha-GPC; You can find it here: http://www.bodybuild...re/bs/agpc.html . I've read that DMAE is a cheap and effective choline source as well (I will be trying it soon).

Meanwhile, you can try taking more of the choline bitartrate, and also eat choline-rich foods such as eggs and nuts. Each person is different hence you need to find what works best for you.

#5 csrpj

• Topic Starter
  • 411 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 02:47 AM

OK, so besides still trying to figure out how much choline bitartrate, i'm wondering -- how much alpha GPC would i take for a unit amount of piracetam?

#6 Piracetam

• 33 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 03:46 AM

I'm not really sure; I'd try 250mg-500mg per 1g-2g. Take into consideration that it's pricey.

Try out the choline bitartrate and see how it goes.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 Pike

• 517 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 07:38 AM

the reason why there's no set answer is because not everyone needs extra choline. some people don't get the piracetam-headaches that others do when taken without choline. i, for one, did get the headaches, and did supplement a bit of choline. for me, however, i preferred to use a simpler source: lecithin. Recently, i've ordered some CDP choline, and plan on just keeping it to a low dose: 250mg a day, once every day or two, and thinking about starting piracetam again.

when i was using piracetam, about 8:1 was my "headache threshold" but more often than not, i used a 4:1 pracetam-to-choline ratio.

simply put, don't bother with the extra choline if you're not getting brain-fog or headaches.

edit: however, if you DO decide to use choline, Centrophenoxine was my favorite!

Edited by Pike, 19 August 2009 - 07:39 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users