• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Vitamin K

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

Poll: Vitamin K (26 member(s) have cast votes)

Vitamin K

1. yes (25 votes [96.15%])

Percentage of vote: 96.15%

2. no (1 votes [3.85%])

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

Vote

#1 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:17 AM

Vitamin K

#2 ajnast4r

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:21 AM

my suggestion is 120mcg 60% ai as k1 and 40% as k2 mk7

Edited by ajnast4r, 29 October 2009 - 02:21 AM.

#3 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:50 AM

Why is k1 needed at all ?

A combination of MK4 and MK7 should cover all the bases.

#4 ajnast4r

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:16 AM

Why is k1 needed at all ?

A combination of MK4 and MK7 should cover all the bases.

i believe k1 has functions that k2 does not although im not overly familiar with vitamin k metabolism... i believe there is some retroconversion between the two?

#5 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:59 AM

i believe k1 has functions that k2 does not although im not overly familiar with vitamin k metabolism... i believe there is some retroconversion between the two?

I think K1's sole function is clotting blood, but K2 many other functions too.

Humans do convert K1 to MK4, but that conversion can be blocked ...

#6 nameless

• 2,268 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:58 AM

Is there a real need for any K1? K1 is very easily gotten from diet.

A mix of MK-4 and MK-7 would be nice, perhaps at doses mimicking the Rotterdam study, or natto usage by Japanese. I think the MK-7 dose should be at least 45mcg, to make it worthwhile.

#7 shazam

• 197 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:38 AM

Is there a real need for any K1? K1 is very easily gotten from diet.

A mix of MK-4 and MK-7 would be nice, perhaps at doses mimicking the Rotterdam study, or natto usage by Japanese. I think the MK-7 dose should be at least 45mcg, to make it worthwhile.

Yes on this last point. I'm going to have to do a little more research on K to really contribute here, though. Also, I'm not sure if such a low dose of MK-4 would do shit. This is an area I'm not too certain of. I'm planning on using LEF's formula (at least until this gets made and is reasonably priced, like, beats life force multiple or isn't too much more expensive than now reasonable, as opposed to orthocore ridiculous), but looking at LEF's formula, it does seem a little arbitrary. Still, I like both K2s in it, and it's cheaper than spinach if you're gonna get it for the K2 anyway (though not the same). If you DO include Mk4, make sure it's at least 2mg.

I do hear things about making sure to be cautious about your intake, since they can all (meaning K1 as well) convert to mendione in the liver and increase your risk of cancer... apparantly, though more research is needed, so this may be more of a cautionary view.

I heard this secondhand from somebody I ask for advice every once in a while (I think he posts here, his blog is return2health at blogspot if you can't find the study from a google search).

If in light of this you do want to limit the K2 a little, I'd probably still include both Mk4 and Mk7, but in lower amounts. At LEAST 60mcg (tack a little on why not) of MK7, and at least 300mcg, but under 1mg of MK4. Who knows if that will do anything. There's so much promise in Mk4 I kinda don't wanna see it go, but if I had to choose between the two, I dunno, I can't finish that sentence without more information.

Anyway, a yes vote for both the K2 forms.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users