• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Project: enhancing the legendary Aging Network Model by Legendary Phar

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mixter

• 788 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 03:38 PM

Most people here will know John Furber's company Legendary Pharmaceuticals and his pioneering effort in aging research from a systems biology perspective.

I sadly forgot that I had talked to John during SENS4, and he told me he is looking to improve his well-known and frequently updated Systems Biology of Human Aging Network Model (see picture below; chances are good that you've encountered it before). Ideally, John Furber would like to enhance this model with cross-references to various biomedical and genomic databases, citations and other types of rich meta-data. An image-map of this model would not work, however, since the model is updated on a frequent basis and hence its graphical representation changes.

Possibilities to do this might range from XML-based representations and using OWL (semantic web ontology web language) to any better design ideas you might have. Your mission, if you accept it :p would be to talk with John and decide on the specifics of implementation. Additional biological/bioinformatics knowledge is optional but would mean you'd be involved in deciding which databases and other meta-data could be linked to the model. You would start as volunteer programmer on a basis of honorable acknowledgement, however I'm sure that it would greatly increase chances of working with Legendary Pharma, as well as being well-known and appreciated in the life-extension community. Feel free to discuss here and/or contact me or John Furber directly (johnfurber at LegendaryPharma dot com).

The first person willing and able to do this would get the lead on this project. This task would require some commitment to help maintaining the model, but should be of easy-medium diffculty for anyone with programming and web development skills.

If you're not able to do this, please consider asking any friends with programming skills, time and motivation. Thank you! :p

Posted Image

Edited by Mixter, 31 October 2009 - 03:44 PM.

#2 cloudcell

• Life Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 December 2020 - 01:26 AM

Hello Mixter, I have spoken to John in 2014 about his map and he allowed me to convert it to a machine readable format, which I did. If you are interested, I published it in Cytoscape format here.

Six years passed and I came across a different approach that might revitalize this idea. We are running a project of documenting open scientific problems here: www.solcat.io/w and we have decided to start with life extension as a scientific domain with most usefullness.

If anybody else happens to be interested in in this project, any help is welcome.

Thank you very much in advance.

• like x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert

#3 cloudcell

• Life Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 October 2021 - 02:21 AM

Hello Mixter and everyone reading this thread.

My team has released USOLVE -- a knowledge management platform https://usolve.io.

The goal of the first reference database is precisely this: to expand the map built by John Furber. We have already accomplished documenting every node of the latest map in semantic wiki format and went beyond having written a large number of articles on COVID.

The articles are based on peer reviewed research papers and are being written by writers who have Doctorate-level academic degrees.

We built the front-end that allows any user to choose a problem area (subject) they are interested in, click on a tickbox beside a subject and then click the 'submit' button and the platform provides a list all the associated solutions to that particular subject in the order of their importance.

Depending on the direction of the search, there is a way to choose a subject and list all the associated problems that branch out from the initially selected subject.

I would like to create a discussion about this platform's approach and invite contributions to this platform so we could expand it further on a new level.

Our ultimate goal is to build the largest systems biology map whose components are supported by curated articles based on the latest scientific research you can trust.

We have a telegram channel https://t.me/usolve, a Discord channel https://discord.gg/EH8GDYh2, and a FB group:  https://www.facebook...100747640407451.

Please join if you want to contribute now or in the future, or if you simply want to stay in touch and be aware of the latest exciting news about the platform.

I will make a separate post about the project with information about what the platform offers and what is needed to accomplish its mission.

Looking forward to getting feedback.

Cheers,

Alexander.

Edited by cloudcell, 22 October 2021 - 03:37 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users