Photo
- - - - -

best regimen for healing the brain after multi-substance abuse/mdma

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 dronez

• 34 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:28 PM

do you guys have any recommendations for supplements to take to help the brain recover from MDMA abuse (which I think may be causing me to have a poor short term memory) and also I have constant brain fog - although I had it before doing drugs (coke, marijuana, lsd) - I think it is much worse now.
I currently don't do any drugs, but I drink alcohol about once a week - should I cut that out completely? I am in law school and need all the help for my memory I can get. please help. thanks.

#2 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:43 PM

get used to it
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • dislike x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 dronez

• Topic Starter
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 08:19 PM

get used to it

Gee very encouraging. Why don't you just tell me to kill myself too?

#4 LIB

• 232 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 10:56 PM

Do you have insurance, and access to "good" doctors? A doctor that will attempt to get to the root of your issues instead of just talking to you for 2-5 minutes and giving you an Rx.

Maybe you gravitated towards substances that made you feel better because your body was functioning less than optimal in the first place.

My cognitive issues were due to mercury and yeast issues. I'm working on both now, and my total health is improving. I'm not saying you have mercury toxicity, just encouraging you to dig deeper. There seems to be many people on here that complain of cognitive issues, throw lots of money at random nootropics, and still aren't very satisfied.

Edited by LIB, 09 November 2009 - 10:56 PM.

#5 dronez

• Topic Starter
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:34 PM

Do you have insurance, and access to "good" doctors? A doctor that will attempt to get to the root of your issues instead of just talking to you for 2-5 minutes and giving you an Rx.

Maybe you gravitated towards substances that made you feel better because your body was functioning less than optimal in the first place.

My cognitive issues were due to mercury and yeast issues. I'm working on both now, and my total health is improving. I'm not saying you have mercury toxicity, just encouraging you to dig deeper. There seems to be many people on here that complain of cognitive issues, throw lots of money at random nootropics, and still aren't very satisfied.

hi,
yes I gravitated towards illicit substances because initially they got rid of anxiety - and in the end they tended to cause it whenever I took them. I have always had OCD and social anxiety - but I think the social anxiety was definitely worse after my experimentation with drugs. The short term memory problems though seem to have happened rather recently however.

Tianeptine has been helping, and ALCAR seems to help too. I was just wondering if anyone else had any knowledge of supplements that support neuron regrowth/generation or supplements that work well for short term memory.

I should probably lay off the alcohol. I may be getting mercury through eating Tuna perhaps.

#6 rollo

• 205 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 12:18 AM

hi,
yes I gravitated towards illicit substances because initially they got rid of anxiety - and in the end they tended to cause it whenever I took them. I have always had OCD and social anxiety - but I think the social anxiety was definitely worse after my experimentation with drugs. The short term memory problems though seem to have happened rather recently however.

Tianeptine has been helping, and ALCAR seems to help too. I was just wondering if anyone else had any knowledge of supplements that support neuron regrowth/generation or supplements that work well for short term memory.

I should probably lay off the alcohol. I may be getting mercury through eating Tuna perhaps.

Seeing a doctor can help, if you have a good one that is...

If for whatever reason you can't see a doctor, a very cheap and very safe supplement to try would be Piracetam. Most responders seem to get some sort of positive effects as far as memory is concerned. For me it has cleared my vision almost beyond belief and i'm find over time that it is also clearing my mind of the gunk that has built up over the years.

Good luck.

#7 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 12:48 AM

do you guys have any recommendations for supplements to take to help the brain recover from MDMA abuse (which I think may be causing me to have a poor short term memory) and also I have constant brain fog - although I had it before doing drugs (coke, marijuana, lsd) - I think it is much worse now.
I currently don't do any drugs, but I drink alcohol about once a week - should I cut that out completely? I am in law school and need all the help for my memory I can get. please help. thanks.

Could be your liver too. Molecules from psychedelic chemicals (and the molecular changes they cause in brain tissue) can hang around for decades. Your best bet is to stop everything and wait for your system to reset itself. A program of regular exercise 3 time weekly can help combined with a modest vitamin regimen. Research detoxification supplements. Drinking is the worst thing you can do right now. Its just my opinion, but its what I would do. I hope that helps you out of it.

#8 LIB

• 232 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:13 AM

Could be your liver too. Molecules from psychedelic chemicals (and the molecular changes they cause in brain tissue) can hang around for decades. Your best bet is to stop everything and wait for your system to reset itself. A program of regular exercise 3 time weekly can help combined with a modest vitamin regimen. Research detoxification supplements. Drinking is the worst thing you can do right now. Its just my opinion, but its what I would do. I hope that helps you out of it.

Can you explain this a little further?

#9 deekz

• 22 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:51 AM

get used to it

Such a pitiful jerk.
  • like x 1
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Agree x 1

#10 doctordog

• 161 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 04:04 AM

do you find Tianeptine has any positive/negative effect on your OCD? i'd like to try it, but heard it can exacerbate anxiety in some cases>

#11 dronez

• Topic Starter
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 04:31 AM

do you find Tianeptine has any positive/negative effect on your OCD? i'd like to try it, but heard it can exacerbate anxiety in some cases>

it seems to have improved my social anxiety - especially when I take higher doses, but my OCD has been exacerbated lately. not sure if it is the tianeptine.

#12 matthias7

• 117 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:01 PM

The physician will do zip for memory.

They will prescribe benzos or busperione if you've developed panic, anticonvulsants ... possibly, mood stabilizers that sort of thing if there's withdrawl from amphets.

If you've low motivation, fatigue, anhediona then its a dopamine and attention thing. There ain't anything. What you're looking at is a withdrawl symptom.

You can do memory nootropics ... might help. You could try for ADHD .. might help a bit. Overloading norephinephrine might be of some use.
The problem here is we don't know the associated symptoms.

Personally I think you need to use a memory system .. you know where you convert letters into numbers and use associated images. Its a way of coping with the problem in the short term. Hopefully long term the system will stabilize and you'll become yourself. Amphats can do some nasty damage, I don't think this is the case here though.

Loss of memory can come from different sources .. shock, low mood, low concerntration.

Don't mess with mass dopamine release. If serotonin, norephinephrine, testost., GABA stuff are messed up they can be reset (except for testos. total shutdown). Dopamine is weird.

#13 Saber

• 110 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 10:22 PM

Can you explain this a little further?

That little bit right there is total bullshit unless he can provide citation.
OP, there is no proof whatsoever that LSD cause memory damage. You sound like one of those people that take what they can get their hands on without doing any proper research beforehand.
Unless you repeatedly abuse MDMA and cocaine, in all probability there is very little damage.

#14 medicineman

• 750 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 11:26 PM

Dear friend,

it is unfortunate that some of our fellow posters have been a bit nasty... Your situation is more common than you think.... No medication that you get from a doctor is going to restore the damage done immediately.. Remember, ecstasy does not damage your ability to reason nor does it hinder your ability to perform complex tasks. The fear of MDMA abuse is mainly damage to memory consolidation and short term memory. I assume you probably know of the imaging studies and memory task studies done on previous abusers of MDMA, and unfortunately, unlike cannabis, the results are conclusive.. the good news is, the damage is minimal, and only affects certain areas. There is a study (I think) showing that short term recall is compromised 6 months or a year after follow up post-mdma use..

First of all, you can do the tried and tested, and proven to work methods, of learning new tasks, taking up reading, learning new topics... Become a voracious reader and learner. set aside time, everyday to read and contemplate. Read about complex issues, and be flexible. A good place to start is a book which will confuse you at times, but is excellent, is the elegant universe, by brian greene. Do you play an instrument, or do you know any foreign languages??? If yes, than improve on it, learn new things associated with your instrument, new tunes on the piano, etc. if not, take up a foreign language, or an instrument...

have you tried the dual-nback??? although anecdotal, there is some evidence that it might improve working memory, which is probably the most important aspect of your cognition.... search brain workshop in google...

exercise.... 20 minutes of mild-moderate aerobic exercise has been the ONLY PROOF of in-vivo neurogenesis, and has been found to be as effective, if not, more than anti-depressants for mood problems.... I cannot emphasize how important this step is....

avoid alcohol if it is a problem, if not, have ONLY ONE UNIT a day.... consumption of one unit a day of alcohol has its benefits, being anti-oxidative, and the fact that occasional light drinkers are less likely to suffer cognitive problems than complete abstainers or heavy drinkers.... avoid amphetaminergic drugs LIKE THE PLAGUE...... avoid benzos and any sedative drugs....

try basic supplements,,, DHA, omega 3, multivit/min, you cant go wrong with these.....

The part that you probably wanted all along... This forum is full of concoctions of drugs and nootropics, and many of the members here are well versed (many, not all, you will know from the post, im sure).... start light, acetylcarnitine and piracetam maybe.... Avoid cholinergics for now, they are like an increase in memory, on lease.

do you have an addiction problem??? address that. there is non-medical help available in many places.... maybe NA or a local addiction clinic... if you do have mood problems that are problematic, i would try the exercise routine, and if ineffective, than medical help may do it (although anti-depressants have been shown to exhibit minimal benefit over placebo, sometimes none, while aerobic exercise has been shown to exhibit clinically significant benefit over placebo)\

and no, drugs dont stay in your system for decades... the longest i know of is marijuana, which may linger for 4-6 weeks maximum....... if that was the case, than 50% of healthcare workers would get fired tomorrow following routine drug tests......

I will agree with the last poster regarding LSD. Even in medical school, we are taught that LSD has no known long term effects, nor dependence, nor any issues.. and in medical school, if any doctors are here will know, EVERYTHING not licensed by some big shot company, IS EVIL. And regarding the mercury, I wouldnt go that direction yet.....

#15 csrpj

• 411 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:35 AM

Dear friend,

it is unfortunate that some of our fellow posters have been a bit nasty... Your situation is more common than you think.... No medication that you get from a doctor is going to restore the damage done immediately.. Remember, ecstasy does not damage your ability to reason nor does it hinder your ability to perform complex tasks. The fear of MDMA abuse is mainly damage to memory consolidation and short term memory. I assume you probably know of the imaging studies and memory task studies done on previous abusers of MDMA, and unfortunately, unlike cannabis, the results are conclusive.. the good news is, the damage is minimal, and only affects certain areas. There is a study (I think) showing that short term recall is compromised 6 months or a year after follow up post-mdma use..

First of all, you can do the tried and tested, and proven to work methods, of learning new tasks, taking up reading, learning new topics... Become a voracious reader and learner. set aside time, everyday to read and contemplate. Read about complex issues, and be flexible. A good place to start is a book which will confuse you at times, but is excellent, is the elegant universe, by brian greene. Do you play an instrument, or do you know any foreign languages??? If yes, than improve on it, learn new things associated with your instrument, new tunes on the piano, etc. if not, take up a foreign language, or an instrument...

have you tried the dual-nback??? although anecdotal, there is some evidence that it might improve working memory, which is probably the most important aspect of your cognition.... search brain workshop in google...

exercise.... 20 minutes of mild-moderate aerobic exercise has been the ONLY PROOF of in-vivo neurogenesis, and has been found to be as effective, if not, more than anti-depressants for mood problems.... I cannot emphasize how important this step is....

avoid alcohol if it is a problem, if not, have ONLY ONE UNIT a day.... consumption of one unit a day of alcohol has its benefits, being anti-oxidative, and the fact that occasional light drinkers are less likely to suffer cognitive problems than complete abstainers or heavy drinkers.... avoid amphetaminergic drugs LIKE THE PLAGUE...... avoid benzos and any sedative drugs....

try basic supplements,,, DHA, omega 3, multivit/min, you cant go wrong with these.....

The part that you probably wanted all along... This forum is full of concoctions of drugs and nootropics, and many of the members here are well versed (many, not all, you will know from the post, im sure).... start light, acetylcarnitine and piracetam maybe.... Avoid cholinergics for now, they are like an increase in memory, on lease.

do you have an addiction problem??? address that. there is non-medical help available in many places.... maybe NA or a local addiction clinic... if you do have mood problems that are problematic, i would try the exercise routine, and if ineffective, than medical help may do it (although anti-depressants have been shown to exhibit minimal benefit over placebo, sometimes none, while aerobic exercise has been shown to exhibit clinically significant benefit over placebo)\

and no, drugs dont stay in your system for decades... the longest i know of is marijuana, which may linger for 4-6 weeks maximum....... if that was the case, than 50% of healthcare workers would get fired tomorrow following routine drug tests......

I will agree with the last poster regarding LSD. Even in medical school, we are taught that LSD has no known long term effects, nor dependence, nor any issues.. and in medical school, if any doctors are here will know, EVERYTHING not licensed by some big shot company, IS EVIL. And regarding the mercury, I wouldnt go that direction yet.....

can you say a little more about it. i am in a similar position to OP. i'm a really big fan of piracetam, but i get the headaches if not taken with choline...

#16 dronez

• Topic Starter
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 03:43 AM

Avoid cholinergics for now, they are like an increase in memory, on lease.

thank you for your lengthy and positive reply. I tend to obsess over damage done to my brain and really don't need to assume the worst. what do you mean by 'cholinergics are like an increase in memory on lease?
law school is def. expanding my brain - but it is hard to keep up with it. very hard. I may have to go on part time - its like I am comprehending the material but having a hard time regurgitating it.

#17 dronez

• Topic Starter
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 03:51 AM

OP, there is no proof whatsoever that LSD cause memory damage. You sound like one of those people that take what they can get their hands on without doing any proper research beforehand.
Unless you repeatedly abuse MDMA and cocaine, in all probability there is very little damage.

hi! yea, I tended to (in the past) just take whatever I heard would make me feel good/get rid of my anxiety/aid my creativity. It took a while for me to see the darkside. I never used mdma weekly or even monthly - but I did have a few occasions where I took high dosages, mixed with alcohol and other drugs. I know this was really impulsive and not smart at all but I hadn't done all that much research into it at the time. I did coke for about 8 months - mainly on weekends - when I started using during the week I quit. I haven't used coke in 5 years or so but have done mdma at least once a year for the past 6 years (no more than 3 times a year - spread out). I don't plan on doing it again. I never really drink during the week - usually only weekends and I have totally quit marijuana (I used at least once a week for about a year or two) because it started giving me panic attacks.

I know this isn't an illegal drug forum and understand some people's concern that I may be promoting drug use. I am not. Quite the opposite. I think drugs are easy to abuse and once they are abused cause more problems than they solve. Just looking for whatever help I can get to be able to function and succeed and not have to work some dead-end job because my memory is shot.

#18 LIB

• 232 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 03:55 AM

hi! yea, I tended to (in the past) just take whatever I heard would make me feel good/get rid of my anxiety/aid my creativity. It took a while for me to see the darkside. I never used mdma weekly or even monthly - but I did have a few occasions where I took high dosages, mixed with alcohol and other drugs. I know this was really impulsive and not smart at all but I hadn't done all that much research into it at the time. I did coke for about 8 months - mainly on weekends - when I started using during the week I quit. I haven't used coke in 5 years or so but have done mdma at least once a year for the past 6 years (no more than 3 times a year - spread out). I don't plan on doing it again. I never really drink during the week - usually only weekends and I have totally quit marijuana (I used at least once a week for about a year or two) because it started giving me panic attacks.

I know this isn't an illegal drug forum and understand some people's concern that I may be promoting drug use. I am not. Quite the opposite. I think drugs are easy to abuse and once they are abused cause more problems than they solve. Just looking for whatever help I can get to be able to function and succeed and not have to work some dead-end job because my memory is shot.

Do you have any other health problems/symptoms? I just tend to think there is something larger going on here that needs to be addressed, that is effecting your cognitive. The brain really does have an amazing ability to repair itself.

#19 dronez

• Topic Starter
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:20 AM

Do you have any other health problems/symptoms? I just tend to think there is something larger going on here that needs to be addressed, that is effecting your cognitive. The brain really does have an amazing ability to repair itself.

do you think axons can repair themselves?

I have always had some sort of anxiety - though didnt know how to label it until I was about 17 (im 25 now). I was officially diagnosed with OCD - I used to have to shower 7 times a day. now my OCD is minor but I sometimes get extremely nervous talking to people. I can't really think of anything else it could be other than genetics/drug use.

I hit my head skateboarding when I was 14 - but I didnt go unconscious or anything.

#20 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:23 AM

i wasnt trying to come off as nasty i was just in a rush... for myself & most of the people i know the side effects of mdma abuse do not go away. if you have pre-existing problems you should deal with those first.

things that were helpful for me were exercise, meditation, staying mentally active, perika st johns wort, caffeine in small (<100mg) doses and himilaya herbs mindcare...

st johns wort stimulates neurite growth and increases serotonin receptor density, as do some of the herbs in mindcare. exercise enhances the proliferation of neural stem cells and stimulates neurite growth. meditation stimulates neurite growth and increases neuronal plasticity.

i wouldnt drink to excess either.. maybe limit yourself to a glass of wine or two.

low doses of kava have miraculous anxiolytic effect for me.

Edited by ajnast4r, 11 November 2009 - 04:28 AM.

#21 dronez

• Topic Starter
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:41 AM

i wasnt trying to come off as nasty i was just in a rush... for myself & most of the people i know the side effects of mdma abuse do not go away. if you have pre-existing problems you should deal with those first.

things that were helpful for me were exercise, meditation, staying mentally active, perika st johns wort, caffeine in small (<100mg) doses and himilaya herbs mindcare...

st johns wort stimulates neurite growth and increases serotonin receptor density, as do some of the herbs in mindcare. exercise enhances the proliferation of neural stem cells and stimulates neurite growth. meditation stimulates neurite growth and increases neuronal plasticity.

i wouldnt drink to excess either.. maybe limit yourself to a glass of wine or two.

low doses of kava have miraculous anxiolytic effect for me.

how heavily did you abuse? did you use other substances?

why perika st johns wort as opposed to other brands?

#22 1kgcoffee

• 737 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:47 AM

Huh... I was under the impression extacy is one of the safer recreational drugs?

#23 csrpj

• 411 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 05:15 AM

Huh... I was under the impression extacy is one of the safer recreational drugs?

it also depends a lot whether it's pure mdma or pills (often mixed with meth). a lot of the damage is attributed to the other stuff mixed with the mdma.

#24 The Likud Is Behind It

• 112 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:48 PM

Might want to look into inosine for regrowth of connections between neurons. I'm taking it right now as an experiment. I haven't noticed anything, but I don't think the effects would rise to the level of being noticed anyway. It can't hurt.

#25 medicineman

• 750 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:19 PM

when i mentioned cholinergics, I did not mean piracetam. I meant cholinesterase inhibitors,such as Huperzine and galantamine..... These drugs function to create an acute rise in levels of acetylcholine, and afterward, your back to square one, or worse than square one, cuz you will probably have more active Achisterase chopping away at your acetylcholine.... My mistake for using the incorrect terminology, I meant avoid acetylcholinesterase inhibitors......

as for neurogenesis,,,, many many drugs, including anti-depressants and Calcium channel blockers have been found to facilitate neurogenesis in vitro or in rats..... In vivo, the only imaging proof available is post exercise, and post-SSRI usage ONLY IN DEPRESSED INDIVIDUALS (i think) that does not mean some of the stuff such as ashwaghanda or royal jelly dont cause an increase in the various neurotrophic factors, its more likely that funding for such research is not making anyone any money, and as you know mainstream medicine is not about primary prevention as much as it is about secondary prevention... but, the fact exists, some drugs DO increase various factors required to cause neurogenesis, some off my head are:

Royal jelly, rosemary, curcumin, ashwaghanda, SSRI's, Calcium channel blockers, huperzine, and many more I cant remember...
Aniracetam I think in one study, has shown to raise levels of BDNF (correct me if I am mistaken) and piracetam may have properties which enhance hippocampal neurogenesis.... Here is the study:

Expert Opin Ther Pat. 2009 May;19(5):727-30.
Nootropic agents stimulate neurogenesis. Brain Cells, Inc.: WO2007104035.

Taupin P. Dublin City University, School of Biotechnology, Glasnevin, Dublin 9, Ireland. philippe.taupin@dcu.ie

The application is in the field of adult neurogenesis, neural stem cells and cellular therapy. It aims to characterize the activity of nootropic agents on adult neurogenesis in vitro. Nootropic agents are substances improving cognitive and mental abilities. AMPA (alpha-amino-3-hydroxyl-5-methyl-4-isoxazole-propionate) and nootropic agents were assessed for the potential to differentiate human neural progenitor and stem cells into neuronal cells in vitro. They were also tested for their behavioural activity on the novel object recognition task. AMPA, piracetam, FK-960 and SGS-111 induce and stimulate neuronal differentiation of human-derived neural progenitor and stem cells. SGS-111 increases the number of visits to the novel object. The neurogenic activity of piracetam and SGS-111 is mediated through AMPA receptor. The neurogenic activity of SGS-111 may contribute and play a role in its nootropic activity. These results suggest that nootropic agents may elicit some of their effects through their neurogenic activity. The application claims the use of nootropic agents for their neurogenic activity and for the treatment of neurological diseases, disorders and injuries, by stimulating or increasing the generation of neuronal cells in the adult brain.

PMID: 19441945

Regarding curcumin, MMSE were distributed to elderly, and they were divided among two groups, one which ate curcumin based foods regularly, the others who didnt, and the first group scored higher... That is extremely anecdotal, as many factors could have played at that,,, but look up the benefits of curcumin, and you will be convinced that it might not make you an einstein, but it is an excellent Life enhancing molecule. I know in Ireland and England, they are using it in clinical trials against various blood malignancies, and in America, a patent may come out soon on one specific composition of curcumin..... It has anti-lipofuscin activity, and facilitates neurogenesis....

Caffeine in studies has been shown to inhibit hippocampus neurogenesis after 4 weeks of consumption... I cannot live without caffeine, so I chose to accept that cost.....

#26 Pike

• 517 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:28 AM

well good for you! these kinds of threads are a nice change of pace compared to the "OMG HELP ME TRIP THE FUCK OUT W/NOOTZ PLZ!!!!" threads that have plagued the board recently.

off the top of my head, and IIRC, MDMA has a big negative effect on shriveling up your dendrites and axons. If you don't want to necessarily mess with nootorpics that are considered drugs, you could opt for Acetyl-L-Carnitine-Arginate, which has shown some help in dendrite extension (but only in elderly, could help for you though). downside is that it can be a bit pricey.

i know hydergine is supposed to do well for dendrite extension, but it's also an ergot, so would most definitely be something that would have to be cycled.

biggest suggestion I'd give is something already mentioned: drop the alcohol. if you have any cognitive problems, any alcohol use (besides perhaps 1 unit or so a day) certainly will not be helping you.

St. John's Wort has could help for some general neurotransmitter help. But if you're on any medications at all, avoid it.

oh, and +1 on AVOIDING the acetylcholinesterase-inhibitors

#27 The Likud Is Behind It

• 112 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:46 AM

Can you elaborate further on your dislike of achestrase-inhibitors? Couldn't they be used in moderation like anything else, or is there something uniquely avoidable about them that isn't true of things that encourage ach production?

Edited by bmud, 12 November 2009 - 03:53 AM.

#28 dronez

• Topic Starter
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:53 AM

well good for you! these kinds of threads are a nice change of pace compared to the "OMG HELP ME TRIP THE FUCK OUT W/NOOTZ PLZ!!!!" threads that have plagued the board recently.

off the top of my head, and IIRC, MDMA has a big negative effect on shriveling up your dendrites and axons. If you don't want to necessarily mess with nootorpics that are considered drugs, you could opt for Acetyl-L-Carnitine-Arginate, which has shown some help in dendrite extension (but only in elderly, could help for you though). downside is that it can be a bit pricey.

i know hydergine is supposed to do well for dendrite extension, but it's also an ergot, so would most definitely be something that would have to be cycled.

biggest suggestion I'd give is something already mentioned: drop the alcohol. if you have any cognitive problems, any alcohol use (besides perhaps 1 unit or so a day) certainly will not be helping you.

St. John's Wort has could help for some general neurotransmitter help. But if you're on any medications at all, avoid it.

haha. yea I'm definitely not looking to trip out on noots. just trying to get my memory back up to speed and survive law school without looking like a stammering stuttering idiot. I keep hearing about hydergine - what all is it good for?

#29 matthias7

• 117 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 07:23 PM

I think perhaps beyond this Bluelight is the place to answer the outstanding questions here.

There's some good stuff here and we've given it as good a shot as we can. Neurogenesis ain't easy - melatonin possibly.

Short term its about getting the brain to use smarter technique. Long term fatty acids, good nutrition, excercise may help - may help alot.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 03:24 AM

what i take

fish oil
st johns wort kira
kalms stres pills
CDP choline
Piracetam

I have no clue what they do, although i feel less depressed. I can't find my dose on piracetam. I have almost finished CDP but can't say if i felt much, maybe better putting thought on paper, not sure. Any other choline noots apart from CDP that might be helpful?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users