Photo
- - - - -

Centrophenoxine vs DMAE

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Johann

• 372 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:57 PM

Any users of both? I have used DMAE and appreciate the effect it provides. Is Centro that much
better?

#2 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 07:12 PM

yae nice question as i am curious regarding the two as well. I have finished a bottle of CDP and cannot say i felt anything noticiable but i think it had an effect, i seem more motivated. But i'd like to try one of the above mentioned two.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Pike

• 517 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 01:53 PM

DMAE is okay. it's like comparing chef boyardee's overstuffed beef ravioli to homemade fettucini alfredo. both are mouthwatering and delicious, but one simply cannot be compared to the other.

centro was my first nootropic (along w/piracetam). it has made its way back into my regimen, and i think i'll be keeping it there. i take 250mg in the morning w/breakfast. when i first used it, i was using it rather haphazardly and experimented its use for different activities. turned out to be a great work-out supplement!

Edited by Pike, 01 December 2009 - 01:53 PM.

#4 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:06 PM

DMAE is okay. it's like comparing chef boyardee's overstuffed beef ravioli to homemade fettucini alfredo. both are mouthwatering and delicious, but one simply cannot be compared to the other.

centro was my first nootropic (along w/piracetam). it has made its way back into my regimen, and i think i'll be keeping it there. i take 250mg in the morning w/breakfast. when i first used it, i was using it rather haphazardly and experimented its use for different activities. turned out to be a great work-out supplement!

So u prefer centro? Isent it much more expensive than DMAE though?

#5 Imagination

• 350 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:24 PM

I've only tried DMAE which I take everyday. I was curious about centro as i heard it is much better, where do they sell it though?

#6 Algear Linebra

• 27 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 01:52 AM

Both are great. If i had to pick one it would actually be DMAE. DMAE and pir is the shit for me brain, after moda that is. :-D

#7 acantelopepope

• 221 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:07 AM

I actually find DMAE better, and I would reject said pasta analogy. lol.

Centrophenoxine is really only better for the "life extensionists" IMO, as it removes more "lipofuscin."

And it tastes like ass.

#8 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:22 AM

Centrophenoxine is really only better for the "life extensionists" IMO, as it removes more "lipofuscin."

And it tastes like ass.

Could you give me a good source for dmae where i could buy it please?

#9 immortali457

• 480 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:36 AM

And it tastes like ass.

I've been using the powder from beyondacentury for many years now. Great stuff and great price.

#10 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:52 AM

And it tastes like ass.

I've been using the powder from beyondacentury for many years now. Great stuff and great price.

Oh thanks. Is powder more powerful than the pill?

#11 acantelopepope

• 221 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:08 AM

And it tastes like ass.

Oh thanks. Is powder more powerful than the pill?

Bulknutrition has always been okay to me, and it's cheap. Powder is more cost effective, it has nothing to do with efficacy. Just take it in tomato juice or lemonade (minute maid works well).

Remember that 1g DMAE citrate = 333mg actual DMAE

#12 Imagination

• 350 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 07:43 PM

What are you dosing dmae per day, in the powder form in tea spoon size?

I picked up some bulk stuff, it was a lot cheaper and it's definately as effective as the caps I was taking.

#13 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:35 PM

hahahaha u want some swagger? Then try these Swagger pills!

http://www.bulknutri...roducts_id=8192

The name cracked me up lol...but the ingridients look good, it could potentially be effective, who knows. No reviews yet as i assume it's a new product. Share your views on it :-D

#14 pycnogenol

• 1,164 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:47 PM

hahahaha u want some swagger? Then try these Swagger pills!

http://www.bulknutri...roducts_id=8192

The name cracked me up lol...but the ingridients look good, it could potentially be effective, who knows.
No reviews yet as i assume it's a new product. Share your views on it

Funny. It's also Out of Stock. Thank goodness for that! :-D

Edited by pycnogenol, 02 December 2009 - 11:48 PM.

#15 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:51 PM

Where do you boy your centro Pike?

#16 425runner

• 158 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:10 AM

Sorry for being so ignorant, but would DMAE be a replacement for Alpha GPC? In other words, is it a source of choline or why would I want to take it? Thanks!

#17 medicineman

• 750 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:12 PM

nope, not even close to being a replacement.... Before consuming dmae, you should know that rat babies fed choline deficient diet with dmae died within hours.... this points to dmae most likely being non-cholinergic, or even anti-cholinergic...

dmae interferes with choline metabolism in another study....

it has failed numerous trials for cognition, and has exhibited slight anti-depressant effects, which i am sure exercise would have been more effective at...

quail fed dmae exhibited shorter life spans in a japanese study.

ditch it...... personal experience has completely failed with dmae. nothing in terms of memory or cognition, and slight stimulating effect. in the end, no draw man.

#18 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:14 PM

nope, not even close to being a replacement.... Before consuming dmae, you should know that rat babies fed choline deficient diet with dmae died within hours.... this points to dmae most likely being non-cholinergic, or even anti-cholinergic...

it has failed numerous trials for cognition, and has exhibited slight anti-depressant effects, which i am sure exercise would have been more effective at...

ditch it...... personal experience has completely failed with dmae. nothing in terms of memory or cognition, and slight stimulating effect. in the end, no draw man.

What do you recomend instead?

#19 425runner

• 158 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:24 PM

A good old piracetam, alpha GPC, ALCAR stack along with some r-ala to catch free radicals. Idebenone is a good supplement as well - currently under my investigation ;-)

What do you recomend instead?

#20 Johann

• Topic Starter
  • 372 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 02:43 PM

I just got some CDP Choline for the first time the other day and it is amazing! I can't believe that
I have been missing out on such a powerful supp. And to think what kind of effects I've been missing w/ my Aniracetam stack.

I like DMAE but for different reasons; I also do not take it every day but more like once or twice every two weeks.

#21 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 09:53 AM

I believe that most of the nootropic effects that people feel on piracetam is because they are stacking it with alpha GPC or CDP Choline.

I just took 500mg of CDP Choline and the effect is dramatic. I never felt that on piracetam, aniracetam or oxiracetam, either individually or stacked or otherwise.

#22 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 01:24 AM

I believe that most of the nootropic effects that people feel on piracetam is because they are stacking it with alpha GPC or CDP Choline.

I just took 500mg of CDP Choline and the effect is dramatic. I never felt that on piracetam, aniracetam or oxiracetam, either individually or stacked or otherwise.

did u take choline on an empty stomach? And also what brand are you taking, can you provide direct link or so ?
thanks

#23 Imagination

• 350 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 07:20 AM

I think this too, from what i see most people takening the racetams have negative effects on the cognitive abilities, so they have to take a choline source so they can feel normal again and they think it's the racetam causing it.

#24 HarPe

• 13 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 10:54 AM

I think this too, from what i see most people takening the racetams have negative effects on the cognitive abilities, so they have to take a choline source so they can feel normal again and they think it's the racetam causing it.

I think it might have a negative effect on the cognitive abilities if you're low on ACh, but if your ACh levels are normal or slightly higher, i'm pretty sure it's good.

#25 Dorho

• 354 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 08:18 AM

Now I'm confused. According to this video (sponsored by Cognizin!) CDP choline is broken down to choline and cytidine before reaching the brain. What's the point of consuming an expensive substance like CDP choline if it never reaches the brain? Why not simply eat lecithin granules (-> choline) and meat (-> cytidine) instead of CDP choline?

Edited by Dorho, 14 December 2009 - 09:09 AM.

#26 The Likud Is Behind It

• 112 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:56 PM

Now I'm confused. According to this video (sponsored by Cognizin!) CDP choline is broken down to choline and cytidine before reaching the brain. What's the point of consuming an expensive substance like CDP choline if it never reaches the brain? Why not simply eat lecithin granules (-> choline) and meat (-> cytidine) instead of CDP choline?

cytedine gets convereted to uridine. Uridine is necessary for many phospholipid reactions in the brain. Among them, uridine + choline + DHA produces phosphatydl choline. You can also get uridine through a couple tablespoons of molasses in the morning if you don't want to take CDPCholine.

#27 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:36 PM

If Piracetam doesen't work, would it be possible you could still respond to any of the other racetams?

#28 matter_of_time

• 135 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 06:26 PM

I don't feel any difference between lecithine and any other source off choline. I have been taking a lot lecithine for a while. I always mixed it with alcar.

I just started with piracetam, and the combination from lecithine, alcar and piracetam feels like rocket fuel.

If Piracetam doesen't work, would it be possible you could still respond to any of the other racetams?

#29 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 11:24 AM

sorry to bump up an old thread. But i got centro at home, but i hardly hear much about it on here, lots of talk about DMAE. So im thinking of giving DMAE a shot. My question was whether anyone bought either the NOW or Source natural brand on iherb? Don't know which one to opt for.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 thedevinroy

• 1,188 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:21 PM

sorry to bump up an old thread. But i got centro at home, but i hardly hear much about it on here, lots of talk about DMAE. So im thinking of giving DMAE a shot. My question was whether anyone bought either the NOW or Source natural brand on iherb? Don't know which one to opt for.

DMAE is more of a stimulant than a choline source. As a choline source, it is a weak one only being proven to be converted to choline in the liver via methylation. Thus, I thought of adding TMG for its methyl donor capability to further the choline transfer process. I don't hear TMG talked about a lot any more, but I think it has had some discussion here.

I'm curious as to what effects you feel/notice from centro. Could you tell?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users