Photo
- - - - -

memantine

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 medicineman

• 750 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:00 PM

Memantine is the worst supplement I have ever taken in my life..... As someone who always had a decent memory, I never put much thought when people said that their memory is terrible... By god, have I learned a lesson or what??!!!! I feel like I have no hippocampus on that sh*t :~

#2 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 09:22 PM

Memantine is the worst supplement I have ever taken in my life..... As someone who always had a decent memory, I never put much thought when people said that their memory is terrible... By god, have I learned a lesson or what??!!!! I feel like I have no hippocampus on that sh*t ;)

Did you wait enough time? Memantine is known to smash your memory knockout when starting the treatment after which it has been shown to actually enhance cognition. (wait atleast a few weeks).

I'm starting memantine in 2 weeks.

Edited by medievil, 09 January 2010 - 09:24 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 medicineman

• Topic Starter
  • 750 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:50 PM

Memantine is the worst supplement I have ever taken in my life..... As someone who always had a decent memory, I never put much thought when people said that their memory is terrible... By god, have I learned a lesson or what??!!!! I feel like I have no hippocampus on that sh*t ;)

Did you wait enough time? Memantine is known to smash your memory knockout when starting the treatment after which it has been shown to actually enhance cognition. (wait atleast a few weeks).

I have been looking all over for any literature to show that it may positively affect healthy individuals, but it is scanty..... I am very worried to go on it again, what dosage is recommended????

#4 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:22 AM

Memantine is the worst supplement I have ever taken in my life..... As someone who always had a decent memory, I never put much thought when people said that their memory is terrible... By god, have I learned a lesson or what??!!!! I feel like I have no hippocampus on that sh*t :~

I have been looking all over for any literature to show that it may positively affect healthy individuals, but it is scanty..... I am very worried to go on it again, what dosage is recommended????

What exactly are you taking memantine for? On its own the benefits are minimal. The enhancement in cognition is good to augment amphetamine tough.
I want to try it for OCD and amphetamine, benzo, alcohol, opiate etc tolerance ;) .

20mg is the recommend dose.

#5 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:32 AM

I went on 5mg a day recently for about a week and a half, helped w/ amp tolerance, also caused a mood/mind boost, however had a loss of sleep as well as dis-associative effects like vertigo at nighttime which was disconcerting, i raised the dose to 10mg after a bit and thought it was too much so I've stopped the 10mg and gone back down to 5mg, supposedly it'll take a while for it's effects to really ring in, 6 wks according to somebody here.. kind of like selegiline..

I was wondering if anyone on the board has experience with doing some megadosing at first and titrating down to filter out the side effects

Edited by protoject, 20 January 2010 - 05:32 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:39 PM

I would say 20mg is way too high to begin with, but more like somethiing to build up to to achieve to. I've only gotten to 10mg per day without bad side effects. A friend of mine is on 15mg and is doing fine, he takes D-Amph (in the form of Vyanse) for ADD though, I don't. His Vyvanse dosages went down with the same performance as a result.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users