• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Electrical Stimulation-IQ-any way to do it at home?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Pittguy578

• 100 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 07:48 AM

Recently downloaded and watched the BBC Documentary "What Makes A Genius"
One scientist on there from Germany was using some sort of electrical stimulation on the brain to
increase IQ/performance..
Any way to do that at home?

#2 Dorho

• 354 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 09:20 AM

One scientist on there from Germany was using some sort of electrical stimulation on the brain to

I found this:
http://www.cesultra.com/

It is marketed as a cure for anxiety, insomnia and stress, and I have no idea if it works or not but reducing the effects of those three devils would surely increase performance in the long term. But perhaps it stimulates totally different brainwaves than those used to improve IQ.

You could also look up the threads where brainwave entrainment (binaural beats, monaural beats, isochronic tones...) is discussed.

Edited by Dorho, 20 February 2010 - 09:23 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#3 M4Y0U

• 108 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 11:55 AM

I found this:
http://www.cesultra.com/

It is marketed as a cure for anxiety, insomnia and stress, and I have no idea if it works or not but reducing the effects of those three devils would surely increase performance in the long term. But perhaps it stimulates totally different brainwaves than those used to improve IQ.

You could also look up the threads where brainwave entrainment (binaural beats, monaural beats, isochronic tones...) is discussed.

Absolutely, you could check out with Awakened Mind - Focus or iDoser mp3s (they include delta, theta, alpha, beta and gamma brainwaves) or simply download a program to make binaural beats and use the suggested brainwaves and make your own ig use alpha for reading and use gamma brainwaves for studying or attending to a lectures. You only need headphones and the volume can be extremely low without losing any effectiveness so you can use these to listen to a lecture for example. You will have to wait a couple of years for electrical stimulation and implants hehe.

If you want to get used with binaural beats at first, I suggest the Monroe Institute Gateway Experience CDs (mp3s ig torrents works) :)

Best regards,
M4

#4 yowza

• 283 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 05:42 PM

The thing the scientist in Germany may have been using could maybe be TMS (transcranial magnetic stimulation?). There's a few magnetic stimulation based products for home use but nothing that comes close to TMS.

#5 r1776

• 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 11:21 PM

they were using tDCS (transcranial direct current stimulation). there really isn't much to it... you could make something functionally equivalent with a battery, wire, some sponges converted into electrodes, something to hold the sponges on (perhaps velcro) and an appropriate resistor to limit current to 1-2mA.

some previous forum threads on the topic exist ( one being http://www.imminst.o...showtopic=19346 ) and the tDCS wikipedia page ( http://en.wikipedia....ent_stimulation ) might be worth reading.
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#6 Animal

• 689 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 05:14 AM

they were using tDCS (transcranial direct current stimulation). there really isn't much to it... you could make something functionally equivalent with a battery, wire, some sponges converted into electrodes, something to hold the sponges on (perhaps velcro) and an appropriate resistor to limit current to 1-2mA.

Ah but isn't the frequency specific? I also thought that they use a pulsation mechanism whereby the amplitude oscillates to induce a alternating electromagnetic field within the desired area of stimulation. I could be thinking of a different system.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users