* * * * * 2 votes

So I've started Afobazol for my anxiety

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:42 PM

Just recieved mine today and took my first dose @20mg.

So far I'm pretty impressed. I am loving the effect it is having on my cognition. I seem to be more attentive and am thinking with better clarity. I feel very calm and my mood is pretty damm good but i'm reaching logical conclusions quicker. I'm not having to think too deeply to remember stuff. So its so far so good.

I'm going to be interested in seeing what effect this has on the long term and whether these effects are sustained or whether they poop out. I have experience of benzo's and was heavily addicted to valium for a year so know my stuff if you want me to make comparisons.
Afobazol from what I have experienced so far has none of the intoxicating effects of benzo's and no muscle relaxant effects from what I can gather. For me this is how an anti-anxiety medication should feel like. Just a totally calm, stabalized mood with clarity in thinking and no crippling nervousness. I hope to God these effects sustain because if they do I will not feel the need to spend so much of time on these forums (I don't mean any offence by that, just want to find my perfect stack and then try to get out more and live my life).

For the record I have taken this with my usual dose of piracetam which for me is a supplement that I hate mixing other things with because I like the effects of piracetam on its own. So I find it interesting that it seems to mix well with piracetam.
  • like x 1

#2 Thorsten3

• Topic Starter
  • 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:52 PM

Just some literature (below) that I have found from a brief look on google for anyone who is unaware of Afobazol or its mechanims. Although I think its true mechanisms are either not very well known or haven't been translated from the Russian textbooks to a lannguage where we can all evaluate it.
I appreciate there will be critics of this drug as its unproven, lacks studies that us English speakers are able to understand and is relatively unproven compared with benzos and more traditional remedies for anxiety disorders - so would be similar to the likes of picamilon and all of these other obscure Russian drugs.
I'm going to be updating regularly for anyone who cares on the continued effects that I am getting from Afobazol...

Afobazole is an anxiolytic drug launched in Russia in the early 2000s. It produces anxiolytic and neuroprotective effects without any sedative or muscle relaxant actions, making it more selective in action than many currently used drugs for this application. Its mechanism of action remains poorly defined however, with GABAergic, NGF and BDNF release promoting, and sigma agonist actions all thought to have some involvement. Clinical trials have shown afobazole to be well tolerated and reasonably effective for the treatment of anxiety, although it has yet to be introduced into widespread clinical use outside of Russia

And some more..

Novel anxiolytic Afobazol: Therapeutic Efficiency in Anxious Disorders
# Dmitry Chumakov, State Zakusov’s Institute of Pharmacology RAMS, Russia
# Dr Sergey Syunyakov, State Zakusov’s Institute of Pharmacology RAMS, Russia
# Dr Vitaly Bochkarev, State Scientific Research Center of Social and Forensic Psychiatry, Russia
# Dr Grigory Neznamov, State Zakusov’s Institute of Pharmacology RAMS, Russia

Throughout many years gained experience with anxiolytics showed them to have a relatively narrow spectrum of therapeutic action with efficiency maximally achieved in relatively simple-structured anxious disorders. Along with that, anxiolytic action of benzodiazepines as most widely clinically used tranquilizers is accompanied by hypnosedative, miorelaxant, amnestic effects and dependence which are undesirable in the therapy of anxiety. All these give reason to search for ‘ideal” anxiolytics having more beneficial pharmacological profile. Novel selective anxiolytic Afobazol (2-[2-(morpholino)ethylthyo]-5-ethoxy-benzimidazole dihydrochloride) is one of promising medicines this kind, it was designed and developed using the pharmacogenetic methodology at Zakusov’s Institute of Pharmacology RAMS.
Clinical investigation of Afobazol was performed using the standardized design in compliance with GCP in 91 patients (59 female and 32 male; mean age 34.5±8.3 yrs) diagnosed by ICD-10 as “Generalized anxious disorder” (F.41.1), “Anxious-phobic disorder” (F.40.0) and “Hypochondriac disorder” (45.2). The action of Afobazol and its therapeutic efficiency were evaluated using standardized methods and scales, including Hamilton, Zung and Spilberger scales for anxiety degree estimation, scale of General Clinical Impression GCI; the psychopharmacological assessment and pharmaco-EEG analysis were performed. Afobazol was found to produce a selective anxiolytic action combined with an activation component and showed no undesirable effects typical to benzodiazepines. EEG studies confirmed characteristics of Afobazol spectrum of action. Afobazol exerted positive effect on psychophysiological state, such parameters as volume, stability and distribution of attention, choice reaction time. Tested medicine proved highly efficient in anxious, anxious-asthenic disturbances and anxiety-associated affective-saturated phobia. These effects exceeded those obtained with benzodiazepine tranquilizers.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 KimberCT

• 472 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:55 PM

What type of anxiety do you have? Generalized, social, panic, ... etc.?

I've considered trying it, but I really like to know the pharmacology behind a drug before I add it to the mix.

You get yours from pharmacy1010?

#4 Thorsten3

• Topic Starter
  • 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:03 PM

I've considered trying it, but I really like to know the pharmacology behind a drug before I add it to the mix.

Yes Pharmacy1010, arrived in 2 weeks which was good as they do state it can take 2-4weeks for it to arrive.

I know what you mean about the pharmacology. From what I have read it possibly has something to do with normalizing the GABA receptors, although I wouldn't know that for sure. TBH I have seen people say on forums that it's a MAOI as well but again that's just speculation.

#5 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:42 PM

http://www.socialanx...959-post19.html

Pharmacological profile of afobazol.

#6 KimberCT

• 472 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:15 PM

Thanks, good link. Anyone know its half-life and/or typical dosing protocol?

#7 csrpj

• 411 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:02 PM

OP, or anyone else, keep us updated.

i am very interested in this drug, especially if it indeed produces sustained and pronounced effects.

i'm thinking of trying agomelatine, and then adding afobazol to the mix.

#8 Thorsten3

• Topic Starter
  • 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:58 PM

As I've said I will keep everyone posted with my results. Perhaps not as frequently as daily but whenever I feel there is something relevant to report.

I think at the moment I am probably noticing the anti-depressant effects more than the anti-anxiety effects. Everything appears to be brighter, my mood is optimistic and as I've stated already my cognition (memory especially) seems to be a lot better. I am aware this can happen when you take anti-depressant medication because it corrects the damage that is caused to the hippocampus during prolonged periods of stress. Either way I'm still enjoying the effects.
They do say that the anti-anxiety effect will become more pronounced after a period of at least 4 weeks of daily usage so I will continue to take this daily and report back with references to this side of it especially, as after all this the reason I started to take this in the first place.

I will post any negative effects too. So far I haven't really noticed anything at all that is negative apart from a slight head pressure that I notice very occasionally at random parts of the day. The head pressure is not uncomfortable in any way so hopefully this is just a side effect that will diminsh with time.

I'm also considering giving up piracetam (which is cycled regulary) as I've only ever taken that for its mood boosting qualities anyway. The cognitive and memory enhancing effects have not been noticable for some time with this supplement. I think it's probably the sort of thing that will only exert positive results if you haven't taken it for a long time. Well this seems to be the case for me anyway, obviously everyone is different so may not be the case for everybody. If anything it may be having a detrimental effect on my mind, who knows?

For the record I have tried the following supps/meds/methods for anxiety:

1.Bacopa
2.Picamilon
3.Valium
4.Xanax
5.Propranalol
6.Fish Oil
7.Taurine
8.L-Glutamine
9.GABA
10.Exercise
11.Therapy

All of which helped in one way or another. Valium/Xanax blocked anxiety completely but come with their own drawbacks obviously!

Anyhoo I will keep everbody posted with afobazol.

:)

Edited by Thorsten, 03 March 2010 - 01:00 PM.

#9 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:00 PM

Interesting.

Yeah this stuff should become more effective then diazepam after a few weeks, its interesting stuff, and that for that low price!

#10 Thorsten3

• Topic Starter
  • 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:08 PM

Sorry I didn't actually answer your question there.

I wouldn't consider myself to suffer from GAD but I do suffer pretty badly with social anxiety disorder. I'm quite an emotional person and quite highly strung if I am pushed enough so I suppose I can judge myself pretty harshly too. This probably would result in me becoming slightly depressed at times too if I don't feel I'm doing myself justice (due to really bad nerves,thoughts,etc).

#11 KimberCT

• 472 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:49 PM

I wouldn't consider myself to suffer from GAD but I do suffer pretty badly with social anxiety disorder. I'm quite an emotional person and quite highly strung if I am pushed enough so I suppose I can judge myself pretty harshly too. This probably would result in me becoming slightly depressed at times too if I don't feel I'm doing myself justice (due to really bad nerves,thoughts,etc).

Thanks, I was worried you were seeing results for GAD.  Medications for GAD typically do nothing for me (panic disorder).  SAD is much closer to PD so afobazol may work well for me too.  How are you dosing it right now? 1x, 2x, 3x per day? 10mg?

#12 Thorsten3

• Topic Starter
  • 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:11 PM

Thanks, I was worried you were seeing results for GAD.  Medications for GAD typically do nothing for me (panic disorder).  SAD is much closer to PD so afobazol may work well for me too.  How are you dosing it right now? 1x, 2x, 3x per day? 10mg?

At the moment 20mg first thing in the morning. The effects seem to last throughout the day on both days I have taken it. I am undecided on whether to take 10mg in the morning and then 10mg in the early afternoon. So I may try this maybe starting from tomorrow.

#13 Thorsten3

• Topic Starter
  • 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:52 PM

Interesting.

Yeah this stuff should become more effective then diazepam after a few weeks, its interesting stuff, and that for that low price!

Medievil I notice on another forum that you have it in your posession and have tried it yourself? What are your opinions on it? In this other forum I remember you saying that you thought it was underdosed quite a lot and this could potentially explain why some people think the effects are too mild. Have you tried it in larger doses? I'm not sure if I'd want to as I'm not aware of any studies on toxicity issues.

Just as an update...
Days 3 and 4 have been pretty good too. I have had training days at work which has focussed around pretty active group discussions/public speaking/presenting skills. I actually found myself standing up and becoming the representative for our group. This bravery I wouldn't attribute to the Afobazol I think it was more a case of ''I'm going to take the lead here and see what happens''. First of I noticed there was no sweating, no red face, no physical symptons at all actually. I was able to articulate the ideas of our small group presentation to the larger group the way I intended. The only negative thing I was still aware of was my body language not being as open as I'd like it to be. People do tend to notice if your body language is not totally open. But hey I was pretty impressed by this nethertheless. I got a round of applaus at the end so people seemed quite appreciative. It was a nice boost. Even if this is as good as it gets, I think this drug is going to become a permanent part of my stack. Just for the brighter and more optimistic view it is having on me.

Another negative side effect I have noticed is this stuff seems to make you slightly more constipated than normal (I normally go every day without any issues at all). I haven't changed my diet at all and I'm still as regular as I have always been but my stools seem more lumpy and more of an effort to get out! (despite eating nothing but foods such as oats,fruit,vegetables and brown rice).
I'm hoping this will fade as I hate feeling sluggish and 'full'. But I would probably accept it reluctantly considering the beneficial effects I have experienced so far.

#14 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 06:21 PM

Interesting.

Medievil I notice on another forum that you have it in your posession and have tried it yourself? What are your opinions on it? In this other forum I remember you saying that you thought it was underdosed quite a lot and this could potentially explain why some people think the effects are too mild. Have you tried it in larger doses? I'm not sure if I'd want to as I'm not aware of any studies on toxicity issues.

Just as an update...
Days 3 and 4 have been pretty good too. I have had training days at work which has focussed around pretty active group discussions/public speaking/presenting skills. I actually found myself standing up and becoming the representative for our group. This bravery I wouldn't attribute to the Afobazol I think it was more a case of ''I'm going to take the lead here and see what happens''. First of I noticed there was no sweating, no red face, no physical symptons at all actually. I was able to articulate the ideas of our small group presentation to the larger group the way I intended. The only negative thing I was still aware of was my body language not being as open as I'd like it to be. People do tend to notice if your body language is not totally open. But hey I was pretty impressed by this nethertheless. I got a round of applaus at the end so people seemed quite appreciative. It was a nice boost. Even if this is as good as it gets, I think this drug is going to become a permanent part of my stack. Just for the brighter and more optimistic view it is having on me.

Another negative side effect I have noticed is this stuff seems to make you slightly more constipated than normal (I normally go every day without any issues at all). I haven't changed my diet at all and I'm still as regular as I have always been but my stools seem more lumpy and more of an effort to get out! (despite eating nothing but foods such as oats,fruit,vegetables and brown rice).
I'm hoping this will fade as I hate feeling sluggish and 'full'. But I would probably accept it reluctantly considering the beneficial effects I have experienced so far.

I tried it for 2 days but stopped taking it as i got scared of the MAOA inhbition, however turns out it isnt very significant. I think it could be good stuff but with that low affinities its underdosed, i dunno what the optimal doses would be and dont know how much you can safely raise the dose.
I didnt notice anything from it, but then again i'm the most treatment resistant anxiety case on the whole internet.

#15 pycnogenol

• 1,164 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 12:01 AM

Hi Thorsten,

How similar is the effect of Afobazol to Xanax?

Thanks.

#16 Yearningforyears

• 230 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:54 PM

What do we have here?
Emerging hypomania light?
Placebo effect?
Therapeutic effect? (I thought it would take at least a week for results this drastic to occur?)

Whatever it may be it sure is intriguing. I purchased a package an hour ago myself.
Always a sucker for new unproven drugs ;D

Have you experienced any disruptions in sleeping patterns?

Keep us updated and good luck :)

#17 Thorsten3

• Topic Starter
  • 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 March 2010 - 01:40 PM

Hi Thorsten,

How similar is the effect of Afobazol to Xanax?

Thanks.

Still too early to say. The anti-depressant quality is still strong and the anxiety side of things is becoming more apparant too. I've just been to the supermarket and I felt totally at ease. Normally I hate these crowded places. At this present moment I wouldn't say my anxiety has vanished but i'm noticing I'm not worrying about needless things. This could be attributed to the fact that I just feel better, but even so it appears to be working (well for me anyway).
The improvements in cognition and memory are still there. The improvement in my sleep has been a welcome addition also.

#18 Thorsten3

• Topic Starter
  • 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 March 2010 - 01:47 PM

What do we have here?
Emerging hypomania light?
Placebo effect?
Therapeutic effect? (I thought it would take at least a week for results this drastic to occur?)

Whatever it may be it sure is intriguing. I purchased a package an hour ago myself.
Always a sucker for new unproven drugs ;D

Have you experienced any disruptions in sleeping patterns?

Keep us updated and good luck :)

Sleep is deeper. I awake almost 'bouncing' out of bed at the moment (not literally as that would be quite painful). Maybe it is making my sleep more restorative? I dunno I'm no scientist lol

It feels theraputic. It's not harsh or 'chemically' and there are no major cude sides such as libido issues,weight gain,etc.

One thing I will say is that i'm still in therapy where I do CBT. This is the main thing that is helping with my social anxiety. I view Afobazol as an ally. If it stops having this level of impact I'll discontinue.

#19 KimberCT

• 472 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 01:50 PM

Thanks for the updates Thorsten. Keep them coming.

I've order a few boxes to try as well. I'll be using them to augment sertraline.

#20 Yearningforyears

• 230 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 10:34 PM

Good to hear
You seem levelled and optimistic. Can´t wait for it to drop down my mail box.

One thing about sleep. Please be cautious if you notice your need for sleep reducing greatly,while feeling more and more energized.
That is what happened to me when I first tried zoloft.
I woke up feeling totally refreshed after four to five hours (normally I would wake up really tired after 7-8 hours of sleep) and with time (a week or so) I developed severe mania with some psychotic features.
The chance of this happening to you is probably pretty small, considering the medications different mechanism.
Becoming hypomanic feels so wonderful at first. It´s like your true self emerging with a promise of a whole new better life.
Keeping track of sleeping patterns I think is the only way one can monitor mood shifts objectively (although the brain will try to rationalize things).

But I´d say so far so good. I´ll be concerned when you start making posts about Jesus all of a sudden :)

#21 Thorsten3

• Topic Starter
  • 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:12 AM

Thanks for the updates Thorsten. Keep them coming.

I've order a few boxes to try as well. I'll be using them to augment sertraline.

No worries

I have also taken SSRI's myself so I wouldn't be totally sure how Afobazol would synergize although I could speculate. I have always found SSRI's very strong in terms of their effect and they always had a dramatic impact on my mood and body. I took Paxil, Citalopram and Prozac and on a scale of 1-10 I would put them in the 9-10 bracket in terms of their strength on my pysche. I always ended up abandoning my program due to the intense agitation that would incur through daily usage. In comparison I would say Afobazol would have a strength rating of about 7.5 for me. I am still taking 20mg per day. But as I say the effects are not crude in any way. It has that nice calm, mild feeling - but it's pronounced (if you know what I mean). I don't want anyone to think this is some magic cure because I am still only in my first week of usage so what I am feeling after 4-8 weeks may be of more relevance I feel, especially for anxiety.

I suppose there is no reason why it wouldn't work with SSRI's but as long as you were totally sure about the safety of combining the two. I'm not going to pretend that I know everything about Afobazol's mechanism but it does feel very serotonigenic to me. I cannot really speculate for sure how this drug works but antagonization of the melatonin receptors seem to play some part (as per Medievil's link above). Also there is reversible MAOI but from what I can gather no one knows to what degree.

Edited by Thorsten, 09 March 2010 - 10:13 AM.

#22 Thorsten3

• Topic Starter
  • 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:35 AM

Good to hear
You seem levelled and optimistic. Can´t wait for it to drop down my mail box.

One thing about sleep. Please be cautious if you notice your need for sleep reducing greatly,while feeling more and more energized.
That is what happened to me when I first tried zoloft.
I woke up feeling totally refreshed after four to five hours (normally I would wake up really tired after 7-8 hours of sleep) and with time (a week or so) I developed severe mania with some psychotic features.
The chance of this happening to you is probably pretty small, considering the medications different mechanism.
Becoming hypomanic feels so wonderful at first. It´s like your true self emerging with a promise of a whole new better life.
Keeping track of sleeping patterns I think is the only way one can monitor mood shifts objectively (although the brain will try to rationalize things).

But I´d say so far so good. I´ll be concerned when you start making posts about Jesus all of a sudden :)

Absolutely. I am prone to these episodes espeically with SSRI's and even drugs like Piracetam have this effect on me too.

Obviously I cannot prove that Afobazol isn't producing hypomanic episodes to you guys, so the easiest way I can try to illustrate the positive/negative points may be to bullet point them. They are strictly from own experience.....

So, so far I've noticed:

* Deeper sleep
*Brighter mood
*Not dwelling on things as much
*I've noticed a decrease in nervous symptons
*Less reactive to negative emotional stress
*Calmer
*Feeling more intimate with others - not overly, but more of the time (I am normally happy with my own company - keeping distance)

I think I also have to say that I am taking Indium Sulphate at the moment which could explain the 'bouncing' out of bed sensation. But I was taking that well before Afobazol and although Indium has a positive effect on my sleep (reducing time duration and quality) I would say Afobazol has increased the quality of sleep I am getting even further. So I think it is really helping in this regard.

Negative things I have noticed that may be of relevance:

*no effect on motivation (something I still suffer from 'lack of' at times)
*no effect on libido
*can sometimes make me feel too calm (maybe a bit like bacopa in the way that you just feel happy 'as you are')
*slight constipation at the start, but this has gone now (again cannot prove this was attributed to Afobazol but I am always 'daily' regular)
*slight moments of head pressure, but now gone

Motivation is something I want to improve too, but Afobazol has no effects in this respect.

#23 Thorsten3

• Topic Starter
  • 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:47 AM

Some more literature translated from some obscure Russian website. It claims that Afobazol is non toxic, although i'm not aware of any studies that prove this either way. It also says that doses up to 60mg can be taken daily, spread throughout the day. I take 20mg at present but I did take an extra 10mg the other day so the most I have taken is 30mg. But this stuff is pretty cheap so is affordable if somebody decided to take that amount. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who'd be willing to try that.

Pharmacological action

Afobazol ® - a derivative of 2-merkaptobenzimidazola, a selective anxiolytic, not belonging to the class of benzodiazepine receptor agonists. Prevents the development of membranozavisimyh changes in the GABA-receptor. The drug has anxiolytic action of an activating component, not accompanied by gipnosedativnymi effects (sedative effect is detected at doses of 40-50 times the ED 50 for the anxiolytic action). In preparation no miorelaksantnoe properties, negative impact on memory and attention. In applying the drug does not produce drug dependence and withdrawal syndrome develops. Reducing or eliminating anxiety (concern, bad premonitions, fears, irritability), tension (timidity, tearfulness, anxiety, inability to relax, insomnia, fear), and, hence, somatic (muscular, sensory, cardiovascular, respiratory, gastrointestinal intestinal symptoms), autonomic (dry mouth, sweating, dizziness), cognitive (difficulty concentrating, impaired memory) violations observed at 5-7 days of treatment Afobazolom ®. The maximum effect is achieved by the end of 4 weeks of treatment and stored in posleterapevticheskom period, on average 1-2 weeks.
Especially shows the application of the drug in patients with predominantly asthenic personality traits as alarming suspiciousness, insecurity, increased vulnerability and emotional lability, prone to emotional and stress reactions. Afobazol ® is non-toxic (LD 50 in rats is 1.1 g at ED 50 1mg).

Drug Interactions

In an application Afobazol ® does not influence the effect of ethanol and thiopental.
In an application Afobazol ® potentiates the anticonvulsant effect of carbamazepine.
In an application Afobazol ® intensifies anxiolytic action of diazepam.

Indications for use drugs AFOBAZOL ®

Anxiety in adults:

- Generalized anxiety disorder, neurasthenia, a disorder of adaptation;

- In patients with various somatic diseases (bronchial asthma, irritable bowel syndrome, lupus, coronary heart disease, hypertension, arrhythmia), dermatological and oncological diseases;

- Sleep disturbances associated with anxiety;

- Cardiopsychoneurosis;

- Premenstrual syndrome;

- Alcohol withdrawal syndrome;

To ease withdrawal symptoms during smoking cessation.

Edited by Thorsten, 09 March 2010 - 10:49 AM.

#24 piet10

• 3 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:58 PM

Hows the expiriment with afobazol going now?

#25 Thorsten3

• Topic Starter
  • 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:44 AM

My results are still going strong.

I still notice the following when I take this drug:

* I notice the mood brightening effect within 30mins/1hour after consumption

* Extremely mild side effects that I reported earlier were gone within the first 2/3 days. No side effects at all now.

* Taking Afobazol late in the day can interfere with your ability to get up in the morning. It promotes deeper sleep but boy do I struggle to get up in the morning if I take it late in the evening. I have also noticed it does not stimulate me in any way and if anything has curbed my addictive behaviours. I no longer spend a lot of my time looking for these cheap thrills. Smoking cigarettes is still something I do on odd occasions though.

*My anxiety is much improved and far more manageable than what it was. I attribute this not to any 'blocking' mechanism that it might have on anxiety like a benzo, but to its ability to make you feel great. Because I am so unreactive to emotional stress now I am not bothered what people think (not in a bad way, It's just not constructive for me to worry about that)

*I am theorizing that the positive impact it has on sleep has a lot to do with its mood and cognitive enhancing properties. I am feeling more rested each day and this is having a great effect on my brain. I am thinking a lot more rationally these days which means I am less likely to be influenced by stress around me. This has obviously been the opposite for me in the past. It doesn't make you more intelligent it just helps you achieve your potential because when you are influenced by stress (and on a daily basis) this is not a good thing for how you function. In my experience anyway.

*I enjoy being around people more

Any more questions just ask. It's really cheap and I get mine from pharmacy1010. Arrived in 3 weeks.
I am trying Memantine soon and would love to try Agomelatine at some point but unless I can find it reasonably priced it's not going to be worth it

#26 Animal

• 689 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:44 PM

So the mood enhancing effects wear off in between doses? It's a shame because that means you can always tell it's the drug improving your well being, rather then a change in psychological dynamic.

#27 ingscnixsi

• 20 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:43 PM

I'm thinking about trying this.
Is there any dulling of emotion at all?
Because that's a big concern of mine.

* Extremely mild side effects that I reported earlier were gone within the first 2/3 days. No side effects at all now.

* Taking Afobazol late in the day can interfere with your ability to get up in the morning. It promotes deeper sleep but boy do I struggle to get up in the morning if I take it late in the evening. I have also noticed it does not stimulate me in any way and if anything has curbed my addictive behaviours. I no longer spend a lot of my time looking for these cheap thrills. Smoking cigarettes is still something I do on odd occasions though.

*My anxiety is much improved and far more manageable than what it was. I attribute this not to any 'blocking' mechanism that it might have on anxiety like a benzo, but to its ability to make you feel great. Because I am so unreactive to emotional stress now I am not bothered what people think (not in a bad way, It's just not constructive for me to worry about that)

*I am theorizing that the positive impact it has on sleep has a lot to do with its mood and cognitive enhancing properties. I am feeling more rested each day and this is having a great effect on my brain. I am thinking a lot more rationally these days which means I am less likely to be influenced by stress around me. This has obviously been the opposite for me in the past. It doesn't make you more intelligent it just helps you achieve your potential because when you are influenced by stress (and on a daily basis) this is not a good thing for how you function. In my experience anyway.

Any more questions just ask. It's really cheap and I get mine from pharmacy1010. Arrived in 3 weeks.
I am trying Memantine soon and would love to try Agomelatine at some point but unless I can find it reasonably priced it's not going to be worth it

#28 goatz

• 91 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 12:57 PM

wow this looks like the answer to my prayers.

Reduced anxiety and sweating with little to no sides.

Time to order methinks

#29 Ernie D.

• 3 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:30 PM

I am currently taking Agomelatine 25mg and Lamictal 300mg for GAD. I will soon be adding Afobazol to this combo. I will report any benefits or side effects after a few days of use. Also I'm looking into Adaptol. Has anyone tried this medication?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 Logan

• 1,869 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:52 PM

I am currently taking Agomelatine 25mg and Lamictal 300mg for GAD. I will soon be adding Afobazol to this combo. I will report any benefits or side effects after a few days of use. Also I'm looking into Adaptol. Has anyone tried this medication?

You're taking 300 mg Lamictal just for GAD? Sorry I'm just surprised that this much Lamictal is being used or that Lamictal is being used at all for GAD. I guess you have not responded well to SSRIs or other antidepressants.

Do you have an side effects from Lamictal? Cognitive? Are you taking a good version of folat like methylfolate or folinic acid?

I'm interested in seeing how your trial with Afobazol goes. I've never heard of Adaptol but will check it out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users