* * * * * 1 votes

Longevity Communities Network Project

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 06:10 PM

*topic split from this development discussion.

Developed and currently in trial phase here: http://longecity.com

Team led by AgeVivo, jdkasinsky and brokenportal.

If you are interested in helping then inquire here.

#2 AgeVivo

• Guest, Engineer
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:30 PM

hi
4 small comments:
- bravo to JD (he knows)
- thank you all forthe attention
- i need to find a little time to better choose the initial forum sections of longecity before it becomes official
- ideally it should not be considered as an imminst derived project, but as a life-extension-derived project (more general) and use only very mainstream words (not "unlimited" nore indefinite). Imminst would be one of the community (even if due to imminst's success it would be by far the most present)
thx,
AV

#3 AgeVivo

• Guest, Engineer
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 08:40 PM

Longevity.CN is taken by a chinese/japonese/corean/other? person: http://who.is/whois/longevity.cn/
It would have been nice for Longevity Community Network

#4 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 08:53 PM

Im not sure, but I think that caliban has reserved a couple of names like that for this. I beleive he has longevitycommunitiesnetwork.org and .com and maybe also, hopefully also lcn.com and .org.

#5 AgeVivo

• Guest, Engineer
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:52 PM

Tadaa!! Longecity is up!!!

See http://www.imminst.o...showtopic=38203

#6 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:42 PM

Ok now, I like aspects of Longecity. I like that its functional enough for us to send people to. We can now tell people to go to Longecity if we don’t want to tell them to go to imminst. We can now tell people we work with a Longevity Communities Network at Longecity rather than Immortality in situations where its best, we can now advertise the whole cause with one link rather than just one at a time. (Longecity (not least) works great for things like public situations, speeches, conferences, etc.. Immortality (not least) works great for things like ads on tv, in magazines, on billboards, on the internet, etc..)

However, Ive been trying to say this, and maybe Im wrong, but the things on longecity are good and informative; I just don’t think they are relevant and direct and simple enough. I think the page needs to have the components Ill post in a consecutive response here. Now, I hope Im not upsetting anybody by writing this, but if you don’t want to change what you have, to the following response, I think that we should create this separately and that they should engage in a healthy competition to see which one catches on more easily and gains more support. You could be right with your set up. Im not trying to go against anybody here, Im just trying to test out a set up that through much discussion, some of us think will be much more intuitive, simple, and direct in informing people about the whole cause, in a way that appeals to the widest percentages of people possible.

What I would really like is for the longecity page to put this set up there, but I sense great resistance to that, which is fine, because again like Ive said, maybe your set up is more workable.

#7 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:53 PM

(name here, hopefully MILE) Longevity Communities Network

for Aging Research and Aging Research Advocacy – Restoration and Maintenance of Function – Movement for Indefinite Life Extension

forum - news - science center - recruitment center - fundraisers - take action

- 24 Hour Help, Discussion, and Information Center -

Free Webcam Chat at Ustream

(banners for all orgs that agree to participate here)

#8 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:00 PM

I included links in the above tab bar outline just to add to its demonstration. Links with drop boxes with the following linked:

forum,
Just imminst forum, all others will be encouraged to have forum tabs to, (and or,) a spot in a Longevity Communities Network block of sub forums.

news,
Longevity Meme
Imminst Newsletter

science center,
SENS Foundation
Methuselah Foundation
Imminst Science Section development topic

recruitment center,
registeration links for
Imminst
MF
MaxLife
Longevity Meme
CAR
HEALS
Alcor
CI
all other cryonics places
CEL
Venturists Society
LifeBoat
IEET
SingInst
Novamente
(can we set it in drupal so all can be registered for with one name and log in? If so then try to get as many of them to participate as possible and highlight that log in at the top.)

fundraisers,
links to imminst.org/fundraisers, which will cover them all, links to them all, 300, mprize, maxlife, mf, etc...

take action system,
links to get involved links for all the places that have them.
links to imminst action section and imminst take action system development topic

(can be adjusted, but those are the basics)

#9 David Styles

• Life Member
  • 512 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:03 AM

I included links in the above tab bar outline just to add to its demonstration. Links with drop boxes with the following linked:

forum,
Just imminst forum, all others will be encouraged to have forum tabs to, (and or,) a spot in a Longevity Communities Network block of sub forums.

news,
Longevity Meme
Imminst Newsletter

science center,
SENS Foundation
Methuselah Foundation
Imminst Science Section development topic

recruitment center,
registeration links for
Imminst
MF
MaxLife
Longevity Meme
CAR
HEALS
Alcor
CI
all other cryonics places
CEL
Venturists Society
LifeBoat
IEET
SingInst
Novamente
(can we set it in drupal so all can be registered for with one name and log in? If so then try to get as many of them to participate as possible and highlight that log in at the top.)

fundraisers,
links to imminst.org/fundraisers, which will cover them all, links to them all, 300, mprize, maxlife, mf, etc...

take action system,
links to get involved links for all the places that have them.
links to imminst action section and imminst take action system development topic

(can be adjusted, but those are the basics)

Brilliant.

This sort of a hub will really help to realise my personal ambition of the whole of "our world" working together to achieve the things we need to achieve.

Can you see anything obvious I can do to assist at this stage?

(So far I'm thinking of tying this in (from my end at least) with the SL hub I created, which has hyperlink-on-touch scripted banners for many of the above orgs, but am all ears for better / other suggestions too!)

Edited by David Styles, 17 February 2010 - 04:08 AM.

#10 AgeVivo

• Guest, Engineer
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 10:39 PM

We'd need also to look for other online forums that discuss longevity science, or advances against age-related frailty or disease, that would be more mainstream. Otherwise LongeCity won't be mainstream.

Any idea?

BP told me about A4M.com (American Anti Aging Association for Medicine), not bad (we could ask to post their news) but no forum as far as I see.

Edited by AgeVivo, 21 February 2010 - 10:40 PM.

#11 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:49 AM

There are a couple of ways we can go forward with this.

We can copy and save what is currently implemented at longecity.com and then install the outline here in responses #7 and #8 to test it out.

or

We can start another page so we can contrast and trial it alongside longecity.com, but what name might we use? Caliban had reserved, longevitycommunitiesnetwork.com or something like that. I would probably go with that.

That is unless we can get a majority of people to agree with the intuitiveness and the ease of use and the usefulness of the concept and set up at longecity as opposed to the outline in #7 and #8. I would much rather contrast and trial them both first though. I dont know how to create a page though. Does anybody want to volunteer?

#12 The Immortalist

• 1,462 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:10 AM

Let's try to get every possible website that has to do with aging on the longecity website (even if their not particularly focused on Indefinite lifespans) and get their website to have a noticeable link on their webpage directing to Longecity. I'm suggesting this because then we would get a lot of traffic.

#13 AgeVivo

• Guest, Engineer
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:18 AM

I'm glad that Longecity is starting to take off. And lifespansociety too. I had forgotten about this page. Nice.

#14 AgeVivo

• Guest, Engineer
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:33 AM

Let's try to get every possible website that has to do with aging on the longecity website (even if their not particularly focused on Indefinite lifespans) and get their website to have a noticeable link on their webpage directing to Longecity. I'm suggesting this because then we would get a lot of traffic.

Great to count on you.

I lack time but a main thing to do is some parser to extract recent topics from various forums. Do you want to try?
to continue http://longecity.com/activetopics.php

#15 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:15 PM

We are looking for candidates that know how to make a simple drupal website. If you can then please let us know here.

#16 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 05:19 PM

The proposal continues, slowly but surely, at xmile.webs.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users