• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo

Hi, anyone here from South Africa?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 p.burnett

• 3 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 03:06 AM

If you are from South Africa, preferably from Cape Town, please contact me.
Thanks!
  • like x 2

#2 Matt79

• 171 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:45 PM

If you are from South Africa, preferably from Cape Town, please contact me.
Thanks!

Howzit bru. :)

#3 Lee Robinson Petzer

• 48 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 09:28 PM

Hi Guys!

I'm from CT, but now in Chile. Howzit going?

Lee

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:53 PM

Awe! :)

Kimberley. we need to get talking and import some of the stuff we cant get here.

What multi vits etc do you-guys buy here?

Other South Africans:

Marcv
http://www.longecity...er/17012-marcv/

bawng
http://www.longecity...er/22041-bawng/

viveutvivas
http://www.longecity...12-viveutvivas/

Plz add yourself and anyone else you know.

Edited by Logic, 07 June 2012 - 02:08 PM.

• like x 1

#5 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:44 PM

Can you guys meet? Longecity can consider providing some monetary support to help make it happen. What is a good central location and who could make it?

#6 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:41 AM

Well Kimberley is the geographical center of SA Brokenportal.
(We even have a Big Hole! :-D )

I dont get it tho: It would be great to meat other peeps interested in life extension and there are a # of decent supplement manufacturers here, but why are you so keen on us meeting? I never look a gift-horse in the mouth; Thx! But why would you do that??

#7 Matt79

• 171 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:37 AM

Well Kimberley is the geographical center of SA Brokenportal.
(We even have a Big Hole! :-D )

I dont get it tho: It would be great to meat other peeps interested in life extension and there are a # of decent supplement manufacturers here, but why are you so keen on us meeting? I never look a gift-horse in the mouth; Thx! But why would you do that??

I'd imagine to build the community? I would meetup, but emmigrated to California earlier this year. If there are any peeps in the bay area I'd be happy to meetup

Edited by Matt79, 10 July 2012 - 12:38 AM.

#8 tracer

• 150 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:32 AM

I'm from SA... JHB

#9 Purpose

• 16 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:37 PM

I'm in Cape Town and would love to meet up for coffee or drinks just PM me :)

#10 88LS

• 100 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:22 PM

Ahoy, I'm also based in Cape Town, what's this about meeting up?

Guys I think what would be awesome is if all of us can share our trusted sources and suppliers for supplements here in SA? What do you think?

Here's a list of mine:

I get most of my stuff from good ol' Dischem including: basic vits, mins and omega3's, as well as ALCAR, Lithium Orotate and ingredients for the Gerbil Stack (besides uridine - Logic I think I'm going to hit up that US site Mr. Happy recommended, I mailed them earlier today and said they do ship to South Africa)

I get my Piracetam from this site: http://za.ebid.net/p...earch&type=user

I got Cerebrolysin from this site a while ago but I have to warn you it was quite a mission getting it past customs: http://superhumangear.com/store_wp/

Tried the Ciltep stack for the first time tonight as well, feel a slight buzz - more focused and attentive, but will have to play around with the dosages - Got the Artichoke extract and Coleus Forskolii both from Wellness Warehouse - http://www.wellnesswarehouse.com/

If you guys could add some of yours that would be excellent.

Peace.
  • like x 1

#11 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:51 AM

Burnett, Logic, Purpose, 88LS, can you make it? Tracer can you get to Cape Town? I'm not sure how far that may be from where you are. Name places and times that work for you and we'll match them up into one. We'll then apply to Longecity for some modest amount of money to help pay for this meeting.

This is part of a chapters project to help facilitate growing chains of unlimited lifespans supporting chapters around the world. Even if the groups are just discussion, they help keep the discussion moving, they give people a sense that this is something real and growing, and less like potentially just some internet musing. Most of all, if groups choose to work on any sort of project, big or small, it makes it a lot easier the more people there are. People can combine resources and time to move things along faster, it motivates them to show up more, and it makes the tasks seem less daunting.

#12 88LS

• 100 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:12 PM

I would be up for such a meeting. We'd have to have a clear plan though such as what the meeting will actually entail, for example we could do presentations on certain topics, have discussions, a guest speaker perhaps?, drinks, snacks, accommodation and those type of things. I happen to be working for a tourism company here in Cape Town that would be able to sort everything out for us including travel arrangements, accommodations, itineraries etc, if that would be of any help...

#13 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:16 AM

Can you name a place and time range that would work for you within the next month?

For a first meeting I would suggest discussing exactly what you laid out there. Then as a group, pick a way forward among the options.
  • do presentations and if so then what kinds of topics
  • just have general discussions about unlimited lifespans
  • have guest speakers,
  • arrange small outreach projects
  • other
Then discuss and go from there.
  • like x 1

#14 88LS

• 100 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:07 AM

Well it depends on who else is interested in taking part, but I would say that Cape Town would be the most convenient location for me (I don't mind travelling though) and perhaps the 25th of August or the 1st of September which are both Saturdays.

Topics (from the top of my head):
  • Brain health - neurogenesis, lifestyle choices, top supplements..
  • Lifespan - lifestyle choices, top supplements..
  • South Africa - suppliers, customs, supplements..
  • Any other topics that participants are knowledgeable about or interested in..

#15 NootropicHunter

• 3 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:06 AM

Also from CT :)

#16 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:45 PM

What I mean is could you name a good spot in Capt Town that you think would work for you and everybody? Others can give their suggestions if they have others, and then decide from there.

You could (just a suggestion here) make one of your goals to be in bringing other people interested in health, supplements and nootropics into the meeting (even if its just 1 or 2 more). If you want to talk mainly about supplements and nootropics then what do you think of including in the agenda that you go over how supplements pertain to longevity escape velocity a bit?

Nootropic Hunter, would you meet, and if so then what is a good meeting place that would work for you and you think could work for everybody else too?

#17 Matt79

• 171 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:24 PM

Come on you guys, get off your ass and organize a meetup already, you giving us saffers a bad name :p

#18 Purpose

• 16 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:58 PM

haha i've met up with 88LS and it was so much fun - we're like proper mates now.

he's probably keen if anyone else wants to meet up too. let's tentatively make it next friday evening (5 Oct) at Neighbourhood in long street for chill drinks and nerd talk etc at 1900

Who's in? :)
  • like x 1

#19 Atropy

• 160 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:59 PM

Ahoy, I'm also based in Cape Town, what's this about meeting up?

Guys I think what would be awesome is if all of us can share our trusted sources and suppliers for supplements here in SA? What do you think?

Here's a list of mine:

I get most of my stuff from good ol' Dischem including: basic vits, mins and omega3's, as well as ALCAR, Lithium Orotate and ingredients for the Gerbil Stack (besides uridine - Logic I think I'm going to hit up that US site Mr. Happy recommended, I mailed them earlier today and said they do ship to South Africa)

I get my Piracetam from this site: http://za.ebid.net/p...earch&type=user

I got Cerebrolysin from this site a while ago but I have to warn you it was quite a mission getting it past customs: http://superhumangear.com/store_wp/

Tried the Ciltep stack for the first time tonight as well, feel a slight buzz - more focused and attentive, but will have to play around with the dosages - Got the Artichoke extract and Coleus Forskolii both from Wellness Warehouse - http://www.wellnesswarehouse.com/

If you guys could add some of yours that would be excellent.

Peace.

I cant find any Piracetam on Ebid.net.It seems like they have Noopept and some Noopept formula's.

The "superhumangear" website doesn't open.

How do you get Piracetam past S.A customs?I haven't tried it as yet.Its a scheduled substance,I think.I thought one needs a prescription for it.

#20 alphanootropics

• 2 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:45 AM

Im new in South Africa.

Just a heads up, Nooepept is now available in sublingual drops in SA

I am not sure on the rules of posting links as of yet so ill rather not. Pm me for a link to the website.

Good to see fellow South Africans on a forum.

#21 88LS

• 100 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:26 PM

Here's another nootropics supplier in South Africa that also stocks Alpha Nootropics products.

#22 Ltd

• 19 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:02 PM

Good evening all,
I am from Cape Town and keen to liase and collaborate with fellow countrymen in pursuing nootropics.
I am looking for reliable, cost effective suppliers for the uridine stack. Thanks for the post on the CT based company. I looked them up, and may order there.
Does any SA members order from reliable sources overseas?
I am interested to hear your thoughts in this regard.

Thanks
Good evening all,
I am from Cape Town and keen to liase and collaborate with fellow countrymen in pursuing nootropics.
I am looking for reliable, cost effective suppliers for the uridine stack. Thanks for the post on the CT based company. I looked them up, and may order there.
Does any SA members order from reliable sources overseas?
I am interested to hear your thoughts in this regard.

Thanks
  • like x 1

#23 Kaleido

• 27 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 August 2015 - 10:44 AM

Hi guys..

im new around here, although been reading the forum most the year.
Im living in Cape Town at the moment.
super interested in nootropics and brain enhancement as well as negating and minimising stress, anxiety and ADHD symptoms!

BTW.. i just did a bulk order of Aniracetam and Oxiracetam and CDP choline through peak nootropics.... they said it shouldnt be a problem at customs but time will tell.

ill let u know if it was a success and then maybe we can all get together in future and make larger orders to save cost.

Dave

#24 Ltd

• 19 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 09:04 AM

Hi Kaleido (Dave),
I am interested in addressing similar issues as yours (ADHD)

How did your order go? Did it arrive without too much issue? How is it working for you? I am considering ordering bulk powder through the U.S. and wanted to gauge your success of bringing the goods in.
I am currently on Uridine and Choline, but not large enough dosages to make a significant difference (250mg/day).
I am keen on expanding my stack and upping the dosages as well as including cut cumin and Lions mane.

Look forward to hearing how your stack is working out for you.

Cheers

#25 Kaleido

• 27 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 September 2015 - 10:16 AM

Hi Kaleido (Dave),
I am interested in addressing similar issues as yours (ADHD)

How did your order go? Did it arrive without too much issue? How is it working for you? I am considering ordering bulk powder through the U.S. and wanted to gauge your success of bringing the goods in.
I am currently on Uridine and Choline, but not large enough dosages to make a significant difference (250mg/day).
I am keen on expanding my stack and upping the dosages as well as including cut cumin and Lions mane.

Look forward to hearing how your stack is working out for you.

Cheers

Hey Ltd :)

No man, still waiting on the shipment and getting a little antsy about it.
USPS tracker says still in transit, so i guess i just got to wait. but seriously, over 1 month in transit.. thats a bit ridiculous. i order loads of things from the states, and its usually much quicker.

So we will have to see...

Cool, I have been keen on trying some Uridine.. -- Where did you get it from? upgradedself?  but i have CDP choline, which i think is a great supplemetn.. still not entirely sure how its helping tho, i usually take it with other stuff... this week i plan on isolating my whole bunch of supplements, so i can actually tell what is doing what!

So far im taking - Rhodiola and ashwagandha (love these herbs - but need a break from them as they stoppend being effective) - ALCAR, alpha lipoic acid, L-Tyrosine, Fishoil, Vitamin B complex  - with l theanine , mag and zinc sometimes too.
I also have Ritalin and Concerta - but yoh, im not sure about those... effective, but pretty strong mood dips and come down. feels like im on Dwelms :P

definately noticing positive results from that stack, but as i said, im not sure what is doing what and where i could be potentially wasting money :P

#26 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 October 2015 - 11:09 AM

Here's another nootropics supplier in South Africa that also stocks Alpha Nootropics products.

I have bought from Upgraded Self (C60oo mostly) on numerous occasions without issue.

The C60oo is as good as the 1st lot I got from the USA with all the same positive effects mentioned here.
To add:

I gave some to the toppie:
He's a smoker, 76 yrs old with high blood pressure. 

The stuff dropped his BP so much that he had to stop his normal meds or he got dizzy.
I also caught him in the garden digging up a storm with a spade;  something I haven't seen in years!

I'm sorry I did as he's swiping my stock regularly now.  :)   Says it makes him feel much... 'better'.

I think Louis is doing a great job with this new company.

Edited by Logic, 02 October 2015 - 11:29 AM.

#27 Estorium

• 1 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:55 PM

Hey everyone. Is this thread still going? I am from Cape Town myself.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

#28 bruceyogi

• 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 November 2017 - 03:58 PM

This seems like a old thread. I'm from PE. I've been taking C60 for about two months now. Wondering if there are South Africans who've been taking for longer and what benefits they have experienced.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users