• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Prophet Muhammad Jokes

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Alex Libman

• 566 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 06:42 PM

From Islamic sources:

Holy Prophet Muhammed (saw) smiled often and would make jokes with members of his community. For example, an old woman came to our Holy Prophet Muhammed (saw) and said: "O Messenger of Allah, pray to Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala) that I will enter Paradise." Holy Prophet Muhammed (saw) said jokingly, "O Mother of so-and-so, no old women will enter Paradise." The old woman went away crying, after hearing from Holy Prophet Muhammed (saw). Then Holy Prophet Muhammed (saw) sent one of his companions to tell her that, she will enter Paradise by becoming a young lady, because the Paradise is for only young people.

In another rivayah (narration) by Jabir, the Prophet was pretending to be a camel and his grandsons were riding on his back. He was walking on his hands and feet and made a compliment to them: "How wonderful is your camel and how wonderful riders you are!"

In a rivayah from Aisha she narrates: Once the Prophet and I were on a journey. I was thin back then and I was not fat. The Prophet told the people around him: "Go ahead. We will catch you." When we were left behind far enough he told me: "Let's race!" We raced and I won. He did not mention it again until I gained some weight. Meanwhile I completely forgot about this incident. During another journey he told the people around him to go ahead. When they went far away, he said to me, "Let's race!" This time he won and started to laugh saying "we are even now."

So I wonder what he'd think about his portrayal on South Park... I mean the original version probably did not make any old ladies cry, and was probably a lot more dignified than the other religious figures presented... (click image for video)

Posted Image

Of course that episode aired a few months before 9/11, and no one made a big deal of it. The idea of making jokes or even portraying Muhammad has since become the last taboo of comedy - which, if anything, only sends the message of how effective terrorism / violent resistance can appear to be.

Last week's episode of South Park was a brilliant comedic analysis of restrictions on satire and free speech in general, and, like clockwork, it resulted in death threats against the show's creators. The second part of the two-part episode airs tonight.

It is precisely that reaction, not anything personal against the historical figure of Muhammad himself, that is the legitimate cause for all freedom-loving individuals to jump on the "Prophet Muhammad Jokes" bandwagon. This is our "I'm Spartacus" moment! This is their Prague Spring!

So then...

Did you know that scientists finally found the DNA of the Dodo and can finally clone it out of extinction? They found the DNA in Medina, buried under a mosque! Posted Image

Edited by Alex Libman, 21 April 2010 - 06:48 PM.

#2 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 06:45 PM

what is the point of this?

#3 Alex Libman

• Topic Starter
  • 566 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:25 PM

Freedom of Speech, and all the other freedoms that follow.

#4 RighteousReason

• 2,491 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:36 AM

I seem to remember a thread posting cartoons of muhammad a while back. can't find it now.

Yeah I watched the old Super Best Friends episode of Southpark last night when I heard they had openly showed muhammad... and there he was! It's amazing that it is all of a sudden prohibited.

here's an interview about Matt and Trey's thoughts on this episode

#5 Alex Libman

• Topic Starter
  • 566 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:17 PM

Wow, in addition to not showing the image of Muhammad anymore, now they even have to bleep out the very name Muhammad!

Posted Image

#6 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:54 PM

budda!

don't do coke in front of kids!

#7 Kolos

• 209 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 11:10 AM

Posted Image

http://revolutionislam.com hacked

#8 Alex Libman

• Topic Starter
  • 566 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:52 PM

Wasn't me...

Posted Image

#9 RighteousReason

• 2,491 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:02 PM

hah.

"Muslim Outrage"

The Religion of Peace
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Edited by RighteousReason, 23 April 2010 - 02:04 PM.

#10 Alex Libman

• Topic Starter
  • 566 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 06:15 AM

OK, that Neal Boortz clip is precisely the reason why I don't speak out against Muslim violence more often... I'm not anti-Islam, I'm pro-freedom!

Given freedom of religion - I actually like Islam! (Note that the thread I've linked to was mostly tongue-in-cheek trolling on my part, but it does raise some interesting points.) Many of Islam's traditions have similarities to Anarcho-Capitalism: property rights, contract rights, parents' rights, polycentric jurisprudence, non-violent social pressure for decentralized charity contribution, polygamy, etc. And I certainly agree with most Muslims on the fact that the modern European powers, especially Israel, and America initiated aggression against them first.

#11 RighteousReason

• 2,491 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 03:55 PM

the hell?

#12 Alex Libman

• Topic Starter
  • 566 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 04:39 PM

...and the Objectivist's head explodes...

Posted Image

#13 medicineman

• 750 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 11:15 PM

Another reason why I am not a Muslim anymore. Libertarians are seeing something in it. :D

Very entertaining read though, I must say. Your sense of humor is.... different.

#14 donjoe

• 153 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 12:47 AM

Wow, in addition to not showing the image of Muhammad anymore, now they even have to bleep out the very name Muhammad!

They don't have to do anything. Comedy Central chose to do this, spineless cowards that they are. But I understand they're in for another tough decision like this when they receive the next episode. :D

On a related note, the Net geeks among us who are sick of muslim websites freely condoning violent responses to humor/criticism (among which, chiefly, murder) might want to take a look at this: http://partyvan.info...tion_Islamichan (NSFW)

Edited by donjoe, 25 April 2010 - 12:54 AM.

#15 Alex Libman

• Topic Starter
  • 566 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 01:44 AM

Another reason why I am not a Muslim anymore. Libertarians are seeing something in it. :D

Only in the context of religious freedom, charter cities like Dubai, and four young obedient wives to go with it. :-D

Very entertaining read though, I must say. Your sense of humor is.... different.

Of course. Ideas that are carbon copies of other ideas create little value. Trolling is the art-form of the new millennium. I also tried to invent a religion once - if you liked the "dat's it, I'm converting to Islam" thread you'll like that one as well.

In other news, Seattle cartoonist launches "Everybody Draw Mohammed Day"

Posted Image

To bad I can't draw... I do have an idea though. You know how introductory programming books often begin with an example of just printing text to the screen, with the sample text being "Hello World"? I'd like to alter that cliche / meme to programs printing "I'm Muhammad" instead!

So a sample Java servlet might be:

import javax.servlet.*;
import javax.servlet.http.*;
import java.io.*;

public class HelloWorld extends HttpServlet {
	public void service
	(HttpServletRequest Request, HttpServletResponse Response)
	throws IOException {
		Response.setContentType ("text/html");
		PrintWriter Out = Response.getWriter();
		Out.println ("<html><body>");
		Out.println ("I'm <i>totally</i> Muhammad, yo!");
		Out.println ("</body></html>");
	}
}

And in an esoteric joke language called Brainf*** it would be something like:

>++++++++++[>+++++++>+++>+++++++>++++++++>+++>++++++++>
+++++++++>+++++++>+++++++>++++++++>
++++++++>+++++++>+++++++>+++>+++>+++>+++><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<-]
>+++>++>----->--->++>--->----->++>----->--->--->----->-->++>+++>+++>+++>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>.>.>.>.>.>.>.>.>.>.>.>.>.>.>.>.>.

Edited by Alex Libman, 25 April 2010 - 02:06 AM.

#16 RighteousReason

• 2,491 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 03:17 PM

On a related note, the Net geeks among us who are sick of muslim websites freely condoning violent responses to humor/criticism (among which, chiefly, murder) might want to take a look at this: http://partyvan.info...tion_Islamichan (NSFW)

nice

In other news, Seattle cartoonist launches "Everybody Draw Mohammed Day"

Posted Image

This made it on drudge http://www.drudgereport.com/ woot

Edited by RighteousReason, 25 April 2010 - 03:20 PM.

#17 A941

• 1,027 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 11:52 PM

Oh damn, organized religion is such a horrible thing, and it has done everything possible to hold us back as species.
Islam is one of the dumbest religions in existence, and we will experience a lot of drawbacks in our work if these mindless Zombies manage to become more powerfull.

Sometimes I really like the Idea of a postsingularity world where AIs, without flaws like faith, have taken over.

#18 RighteousReason

• 2,491 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:33 AM

Oh damn, organized religion is such a horrible thing, and it has done everything possible to hold us back as species.
Islam is one of the dumbest religions in existence, and we will experience a lot of drawbacks in our work if these mindless Zombies manage to become more powerfull.

Sometimes I really like the Idea of a postsingularity world where AIs, without flaws like faith, have taken over.

Everything you said was great until that last line... the desire to be "taken over" by AIs isn't any less psychotic...

#19 Alex Libman

• Topic Starter
  • 566 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 04:41 AM

People were stupid before religion too, and religion has kept some of human stupidity in check over the centuries, at least by imposing moral standards of people breeding and taking care of their children - history is filled with examples of societies where people simply stopped doing that. It's also one of the earliest examples of Natural Law, recognized imperfectly and irrationally but nonetheless much better than nothing. That's why freedom of religion is the ideal - people who benefit from religion will naturally gravitate toward it. Convince a religious nut-job that there is no God / Allah, and the next thing you know is he whacks you over the head and steals your car.

#20 Alex Libman

• Topic Starter
  • 566 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 08:48 PM

Fox News has an article: Islam Becomes Taboo Topic on TV in Wake of 'South Park' Threats and Times Square Scare.

#21 RighteousReason

• 2,491 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 08:54 PM

dude islam became taboo shortly after 9/11 when we found out we were being attacked by islamic terrorists

#22 Cameron

• 167 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 01:55 AM

Funny how they can still make fun of god as much as they like without anyone complaining. They can go and say 'creator of the universe', one and only, god of the bible, etc, etc, etc. and make a laughingstock of him and there is ZERO problem with that. Isn't that kinda ridiculous? Make fun of the prophet, death threats... make fun of their god, no response at all. They should get their priorities straight, and be consistent with their irrationality, of course it would be all but impossible for them to try and censor the world from making fun of god.

#23 Alex Libman

• Topic Starter
  • 566 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 11:16 AM

Pretty good interview with Ayaan Hirsi Ali (AHA) on last week's episode of Stossel, which was about Free Speech (torrent link posted with Stossel's own blessing, sorta).

I'm not a big fan of AHA's politics, obviously (I even see female circumcision as unavoidably falling within the realm of Parents' Rights, and nothing should be done about it legally), and in fact she is just as oppressive as the Muslim theocrats on some issues, but still - that woman has balls!

PS:
Attached File  allah_pig.jpg   20.41KB   1 downloads

Edited by Alex Libman, 23 May 2010 - 11:26 AM.

#24 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 11:33 AM

dude islam became taboo shortly after 9/11 when we found out we were being attacked by islamic terrorists

Funny how some people still believe 9/11 and islame have something to do with each other, everyone with a brain know's it's the same shit adof hitler pulled.

coffee is nice when your asleep, I won't bother trying to convience anyone of the obvious war tactics. We are at where we are at,- that being said Prophet Muhammad is a son of a bitch and is no real profit. Just like the catholics and the jews etc, all a bunch of stupid fluockers, there is most defintley a god but he doesn't care about any of you, but he defintley wants you to rotate your tires.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users