Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Tenoten/Proproten

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 ta5

• 952 posts
Posted 23 April 2010 - 07:48 PM

Anyone heard of this stuff? Any comments?

http://www.curehunte...9609-tenoten.do

Nootropic and antiamnestic effects of tenoten (pediatric formulation) in immature rat pups.
Voronina TA, Molodavkin GM, Borodavkina MV, Kheyfets IA, Dugina YL, Sergeeva SA.
Bull Exp Biol Med. 2009 Sep;148(3):524-6. English, Russian.
http://pmid.us/20396730

Tenoten in the therapy of patients with moderate cognitive impairment.
Duma SA, Shishkin SV.
Bull Exp Biol Med. 2009 Aug;148(2):353-6.
http://pmid.us/20027370

Efficiency of antianxiety preparation tenoten used in complex therapy of patients with Helycobacter pylory-associated ulcer disease of the duodenum.
Tsukanov VV, Kupershtein EY, Sharypova VN.
Bull Exp Biol Med. 2009 Aug;148(2):351-2.
http://pmid.us/20027369

The use of tenoten preparation in complex therapy of hypomotoric biliary dyskinesia.
Simanenkov VI, Poroshina EG, Tikhonov SV.
Bull Exp Biol Med. 2009 Aug;148(2):349-50.
http://pmid.us/20027368

Clinical effects of anxiolytic preparation tenoten in complex therapy of essential hypertension.
Nikol'skaya IN, Guseva IA, Bliznevskaya EV, Tret'yakova TV.
Bull Exp Biol Med. 2009 Aug;148(2):346-8.
http://pmid.us/20027367

Tenoten in the therapy of anxious disturbances in patients with essential hypertension and coronary heart disease.
Vanchakova NP, Popov AP.
Bull Exp Biol Med. 2009 Aug;148(2):343-5.
http://pmid.us/20027366

The use of tenoten and tenoten (pediatric formulation) as a drug for premedication in adults and children during outpatients dentist visit.
Larentsova LI, Lyubimova DV, Fokina TY, Rvacheva EA, Sosul'nikov DV.
Bull Exp Biol Med. 2009 Aug;148(2):340-2.
http://pmid.us/20027365

The use of tenoten (pediatric formulation) in the therapy of chronic tension-type headaches in children.
Barkhatov MV, Barkhatova SY, Nosyrev AV, Zorin NA, Borodavkina MV, Kheifets IA, Kachanova MV, Sabanov LV.
Bull Exp Biol Med. 2009 Aug;148(2):337-9.
http://pmid.us/20027364

Psychotropic drug tenoten activates mitogen-activated MAP/ERK kinase regulatory cascade controlling the neuroprotective effects.
Epstein OI, Vorobieva OV, Grinkevich LN, Kharchenko OA, Shtark MB.
Bull Exp Biol Med. 2007 Sep;144(3):319-21.
http://pmid.us/18457026
  • like x 3

#2 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 03:04 AM

Welcome, and excellent first post! Tenoten (Тенотен) is very intriguing (I love Russian drug design!). Thanks for the heads up.

Tenoten is an antibody against the S100 proteins. It is mainly indicated for anxiety, but a few of those studies mentioned efficacy in improving cognition (MCI and ADHD). A few mentions were made of pain management, too.

The abstracts said that no adverse effects were noted, and the Tenoten website says there are no known interactions, counterindications, or cases of overdose. There are some mentions of a slight soporific effect (with more prolonged treatment?), but it is claimed to be non-sedating.

These are sublingual tablets. Each contains 3mg of material, though perhaps the amount of antibodies is much less. Recommended dosage is 1-2 tablets, 1-4x daily (depending on severity), taken away from meals. It has an acute effect (it is approved for dentist-visit anxiety), but may be reinforced over a longer period. The product website recommends "up to six month" courses of treatment with a daily dose.

I'm going to read more about the mechanism tomorrow. It seems like a good candidate for combining with a wide range of other types of medications/nootropics.

My parting thought: tenoten is approved in Russia for children age 3 and older. The product page suggests that children pretending to be sick to avoid school is something this medication might alleviate. Just take a look at the train on the pediatric tenoten site. I'm convinced! :-D

Edited by chrono, 24 April 2010 - 04:53 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 ta5

• Topic Starter
  • 952 posts
Posted 24 April 2010 - 02:44 PM

Awe, thanks. And, thanks for the link to the Russian website. I had not found that. Too bad I can't read it. Google's translation of tenoten.ru was helpful.

#4 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 05:30 PM

Oh, I certainly don't know Russian. :-D I used google translate to get all the info about administration.

Proproten-100 is another Russian ultra-low dose S100 antibody formulation. It appears to be functionally the same as tenoten, with the same range of effects mentioned. This one was studied more specifically for alcohol and general anxiety/avoidance, while tenoten was studied a lot for anxiety related to specific physical conditions. And it's been around a while longer (~2003) than tenoten (~2007). The site proproten.com is down or empty, so I don't know anything about the formulation/dosage yet.

12881981: [Spectrum of psychotropic effects and mechanism of action of ultra low doses of the antibodies to S-100 protein (proproten)].

"Proproten is similar to the well-known reference preparations diazepam, amitriptyline and piracetam in activity. Proporten's advantage over these drugs is no sedative, myorelaxation and amnestic effects."

12949673: Anxiolytic effect of Proproten under conditions of punished and unpunished behavior.

"Proproten was efficient after single administration and course of treatment (2 times a day, 5 days). These results show that Proproten produces the anxiolytic effect under conditions of punished and unpunished behavior."

16134812: Effects of antibodies against S-100 antigen in ultralow doses (Proproten-100) on acquisition of avoidance response in rats.

"Peroral administration of antibodies promoted inhibition of locomotor activity and feeding behavior, which was associated with electrical pain stimulation."

12949691: Psychotropic activity of the antialcohol preparation Proproten-100.

"Anxiolytic activity of Proproten-100 was highly competitive with that of phenazepam. Proproten-100 produced a stronger thymoleptic effect than amitriptyline. The preparation possessed activating properties, affected alcohol addiction, and did not cause side effects."

12949674: Antidepressant properties of Proproten and amitriptyline: comparative experimental study.

"Proproten in a dose of 2.5 ml/kg produced a strong antidepressant effect...The activity of Proproten compared well with the standard preparation amitriptyline. As differentiated from amitriptyline, Proproten did not produce the sedative effect."

16027805: Effect of ultralow doses of antibodies to S-100 antigen (Proproten-100) on spatial learning in rats.

"Peroral treatment with antibodies accelerated inhibition of ineffective and punished locomotor reactions in animals."

12949690: Comparative efficiency of Proproten-100 during the therapy of patients with alcoholism in the stage of therapeutic remission.

"The preparation possessed anxiolytic, antidepressant, and vegetostabilizing properties, produced a moderate soporific effect, and had no sedative activity in patients with dysphoric depressions and psychopathic disorders...The preparation did not cause side effect or development of tolerance."

16027865: Neuroprotective activity of proproten in rats with experimental local photothrombosis of the prefrontal cortex.

"Proproten was more potent than standard neuroprotectors piracetam and vinpocetine in alleviating the signs of memory disorders produced by ischemic injury."

12949675: GABAergic system in the anxiolytic effect of Proproten: experimental study.

"Our results suggest that the GABAergic system plays a role in the anxiolytic effect of diazepam, mexidol, and Proproten."

20396737: Preclinical study of proproten-100 for mutagenicity.

"...single and course administration of proproten-100 did not increase the percent of abnormal metaphases in red bone marrow cells and produced no genotoxic effects in Drosophila melanogaster wing cells..."

Edited by chrono, 24 April 2010 - 05:30 PM.

• like x 1

#5 Negcreep

• 27 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 09:38 AM

Wow I'm impressed, so many novel drugs coming out of Russia I missed these.

I'll happily order a couple of packs for trial right now if we have a good source. I did find this site http://www.drugs-pro...y/tenoten1.html , but can it be trusted. Ive never used it before. Pharmacy1010 does not seem to stock Tenoten yet.

pharmacy 1010 does have Proproten http://www.pharmacy1...age.asp?id=1077

Edited by Negcreep, 01 May 2010 - 10:19 AM.

#6 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 10:09 AM

Yeah, the Russians really have it going on these days.

Never found any first-hand experiences with drugs-pro. They have a good selection, but I'd be hesitant if there are other sources available.

I e-mailed pharmacy1010 about a week ago; they said they were temporarily out of stock and to check back in 2-3 weeks. They do have proproten-100, which is an extremely similar S100 antibody.

Been reading through a lot of papers this week, and some signal pathway books, trying to understand exactly how S100 protein antibodies interact with the MAPK/ERK cascade. It's a complex subject, and I haven't been able to find a definite mechanism yet.

I found some older Russian research tonight suggesting that S100 proteins might help regulate certain neurogenic processes—inhibiting these might not be as completely without consequences as the marketing and product-specific research implies. I think MAPK/ERK also also plays a role with NGF, but I'm not sure in which direction yet. Hopefully I'll have some more answers later in the week.

Edited by chrono, 01 May 2010 - 10:12 AM.

#7 Negcreep

• 27 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 10:39 AM

I e-mailed pharmacy1010 about a week ago; they said they were temporarily out of stock and to check back in 2-3 weeks. They do have proproten-100, which is an extremely similar S100 antibody.

Hehe thats thier standard response to everything...they said the exact same thing to me about selank 3 months ago and thats not even out yet :p

#8 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 11:00 AM

Hehe thats thier standard response to everything...they said the exact same thing to me about selank 3 months ago and thats not even out yet :p

Ha, that's cute :p But in this case I seem to recall a mention somewhere that they were actually carrying it at one point. I could be confused, I've been reading about several Russian nootropics this month.

#9 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 03:40 AM

Please track down its skeletal structure so I can make a more informed decision about it. Homeopathy has no place in my 3 pound universe even if it is efficacious.

#10 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 09:53 AM

Please track down its skeletal structure so I can make a more informed decision about it. Homeopathy has no place in my 3 pound universe even if it is efficacious.

Wait, so it a complex protein antibody? Did I just read that?

#11 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:15 AM

It's an antibody to the brain-specific S100 proteins, yes. I have a loong list of papers to get about them. Studies on these antibodies have been done dating back to the late 70s. Will certainly be updating when I find relevant tidbits.

My eyes narrowed at the usage of the word "homeopathic" in some of the literature as well, but perhaps it doesn't have the same connotations in Russia.

I found a Russian journal article [Non-benzodiazepine Tranquilizers. Pharmacology of Tenoten as an Anxiolytic, Stress Protector and Adaptogen] which says the dosage for these is in the range of 10-7 - 10-12mol.

In the Q&A section of tenoten.ru they mention: "in Tenotene Adult active form contains no more than 10-15ng /g of active substance." This is many orders of magnitude less than what is mentioned in the pharmacology paper, so it might be a unit error on the part of google translate ("активная форма содержит не более 10-15 нг/г действующего вещества"). I have several more papers which should indicate structure/dosage, at least of the antibodies in general.

Edited by chrono, 02 May 2010 - 10:25 AM.

• like x 1

#12 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:27 AM

Hmmm.... after a little reading on tenoten, I'm more interested in selank or one of the WAYS - like WAY-208-466 for instance.

#13 Negcreep

• 27 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:29 AM

Hmmm.... after a little reading on tenoten, I'm more interested in selank or one of the WAYS - like WAY-208-466 for instance.

I'd have to agree. So whats this WAY-208-466?

#14 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:21 PM

Well, I'd have to agree. But I think comparing it to selank is a bit unfair to this little guy. The beauty of the s100 protein route is that it's also a nonsedative anxiolytic with a unique MOA; there's no reason it can't be combined with selank, or any other anxiolytic, for that matter.

But like I said, I still have some questions about the mechanism.

#15 igohard

• 9 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 06:20 PM

Hey guys,
After reading this thread and reading up on it, I decided to buy Propproten. (I could not Tenoten, but it sounds like they are very similar). I figure the least I could do was to contribute my small 2cents here:
I ordered Proproten out of interest (and really due to its more affordable price among the Russian drugs, especially Phenotropil, Semax, etc.) I just started to take one tablet upon waking (I think ~day 4 now) and I like it. I take one more later in the day when I have to study some more. I'm not sure what else to add, as we all should take anecdotal reflections with a grain of salt. Nonetheless, I have not experienced any significant tolerance, it gives me a subtle yet noticeable cognitive clarity and mental organization needed to study and memorize large amounts of information (I'm in grad school right now).

That said, this makes me want to further explore Russian drugs even more and any advice in respect to that would be greatly appreciated- there are so many in the pharm1010 neurology section. Sorry for diverging a bit from this particular thread topic. I am aware of Semax and Cerebrolysin, but have not taken the lunge in trying them as they are either (a) too expensive (I may bite the bullet and try it later) and (b) some involve injection.
Any other "obscure and cheap", but effective Russian drugs come to mind? (especially when it comes to memorizing large amounts of information)
(*I emphasize Russian as I am also aware of piracetam, etc. and adderall, which I am avoiding due to its legal status in the US and their rather harsh side effects)

Thanks
  • like x 1

#16 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:38 AM

Interesting antibodies to S100 have minimal side effects. It's such a ubiquitous protein in the body. I expect it must target a very specific sub-type.

#17 thedevinroy

• 1,188 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:06 PM

Why would you want to get rid of S-100 proteins?

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/12645002

S100, a multigenic family of non-ubiquitous Ca(2+)-modulated proteins of the EF-hand type expressed in vertebrates exclusively, has been implicated in intracellular and extracellular regulatory activities. Members of this protein family have been shown to interact with several effector proteins within cells thereby regulating enzyme activities, the dynamics of cytoskeleton constituents, cell growth and differentiation, and Ca(2+) homeostasis. Structural information indicates that most of S100 proteins exist in the form of antiparallelly packed homodimers (in some cases heterodimers), capable of functionally crossbridging two homologous or heterologous target proteins in a Ca(2+)-dependent (and, in some instances, Ca(2+)-independent) manner. In addition, extracellular roles have been described for several S100 members, although secretion (via an unknown mechanism) has been documented for a few of them. Extracellular S100 proteins have been shown to exert regulatory effects on inflammatory cells, neurons, astrocytes, microglia, and endothelial and epithelial cells, and a cell surface receptor, RAGE, has been identified as a potential S100A12 and S100B receptor transducing the effects of these two proteins on inflammatory cells and neurons. Other cell surface molecules with ability to interact with S100 members have been identified, suggesting that RAGE might not be a universal S100 protein receptor and/or that a single S100 protein might interact with more than one receptor. Collectively, these data indicate that members of the S100 protein family are multifunctional proteins implicated in the regulation of a variety of cellular activities.

#18 brainslugged

• 305 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:47 PM

Awe, thanks. And, thanks for the link to the Russian website. I had not found that. Too bad I can't read it. Google's translation of tenoten.ru was helpful.

I laughed so hard when I read this on the website

"Anxiety, fear, anxiety, thoughts about the poor - these states are able to bring people out of mental balance"

Yeah, stupid poor people, ruining my mood :)
  • like x 1
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#19 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:15 PM

IF somebody wants we can bulk order this (half life is short). Or you can pay me to try it, lol.

Edited by redan, 04 February 2012 - 11:16 PM.

#20 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:49 AM

I laughed so hard when I read this on the website

"Anxiety, fear, anxiety, thoughts about the poor - these states are able to bring people out of mental balance"

Yeah, stupid poor people, ruining my mood :)

Haha that made my day!

Ahh blast! I just ordered some Tianeptine, and now I'm 3 bucks short to order Tenoten.
Anyway I'm gonna order this stuff tomorrow, and use both simultanuously.
I might be getting stuff mixed up here though.. was it Afobazole or Tenoten with slight MAO-A inhibition?
Couldn't really be worse than smoking a cig I suppose.
I'll report back once used.

#21 Rior

• 279 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:08 AM

I'll likely be ordering some Tenoten soon as well, with the intent of possibly using it in conjunction with Cerebrolysin. Seems like it might be a fair combination, no? Perhaps in combination with Tianeptine as well...We'll see! (and hope the combination isn't in any way harmful, which I wouldn't particularly see a reason for)

#22 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:30 AM

I'll likely be ordering some Tenoten soon as well, with the intent of possibly using it in conjunction with Cerebrolysin. Seems like it might be a fair combination, no? Perhaps in combination with Tianeptine as well...We'll see! (and hope the combination isn't in any way harmful, which I wouldn't particularly see a reason for)

I've been finding mixed reviews of Pharmacy1010, hence I am weary of where to order.
Please reply to this thread if you have a good source.
Would be greatly appreciated :)

#23 AlwaysLearning

• 43 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 February 2014 - 03:23 AM

I've been taking it for a couple days, haven't noticed any effects so far. I didn't really expect any immediate effects since it doesn't, supposedly, act directly upon neurotransmitters or neuromodulators. From what I've read, I casually suspect its therapeutic action is along the lines of remediating the neurological effects of inflammation (which is an approach I've been very keen on). In any case, I've basically assumed that transcriptional changes are involved, and that it's reasonably likely to increase immune activity due to its mechanism of action - supposing, of course, that the literature gives correct and reasonably complete information. Speaking of which, I've so far found the literature to be pretty sketchy, but I decided to take the risk anyway. If nothing else comes of this, at least I've learned a bit about the rather fascinating S-100B.

Speaking of which, has anyone tried melittin (from bee venom)?

http://www.ijcaonlin...ber1/10386-1012
http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/3111527

Edited by AlwaysLearning, 22 February 2014 - 03:28 AM.

#24 MenDis

• 50 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 06:38 AM

I've been taking it for a couple days, haven't noticed any effects so far. I didn't really expect any immediate effects since it doesn't, supposedly, act directly upon neurotransmitters or neuromodulators. From what I've read, I casually suspect its therapeutic action is along the lines of remediating the neurological effects of inflammation (which is an approach I've been very keen on). In any case, I've basically assumed that transcriptional changes are involved, and that it's reasonably likely to increase immune activity due to its mechanism of action - supposing, of course, that the literature gives correct and reasonably complete information. Speaking of which, I've so far found the literature to be pretty sketchy, but I decided to take the risk anyway. If nothing else comes of this, at least I've learned a bit about the rather fascinating S-100B.

Speaking of which, has anyone tried melittin (from bee venom)?

http://www.ijcaonlin...ber1/10386-1012
http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/3111527

Hey AlwaysLearning,

Are you still taking it? Have you noticed any effects?

#25 Aleksei Adolshin

• 12 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 09:33 PM

Tenoten is a homeopathy drug, which is potentially safer other anti axiety drugs out there. I got mine at http://rupharma.com/products/tenoten

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#26 BarbCat

• 18 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 04:43 PM

I've been taking 100mg etifoxine along with Tenoten twice a day for 4 days.  Don't know what's causing what re eti vs. Tenoten, and don't want to mess with it, but so far I am extremely happy with the results.  I have long-term chronic anxiety and panic disorder and can't get a script for benzos.  I've have been searching high and low for something to dampen this horrible stress response.  Tried so many substances and this combo is the winner.  I find it extremely helpful for anxiety.  Doesn't help much with insomnia, drat, but with everything else, I give it an A-.  Takes a bit to come on, maybe 1-1/2 hours and lasts for about 6.  Don't have much to report about tolerance yet, but am encouraged by reports stating that tolerance and withdrawal are minimal.  Having some relief from panic attacks is the answer to my prayers and I'm thinking maybe there is a God afterall.  Would like a new brain, a cure, whatever, but in the meantime, this is great.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users