• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Phosphatidylserine, Piracetam increase DHT(dihydrotestoterone)

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 cog

• 15 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 02:08 PM

Hi
I'll write about my PS (phosphatidylserine) and Piracetam experiences first, and at the bottom of the post, explain conclusions/assumptions.

Phosphatidylserine
I started with PS for cortisol reduction and felt absolutely nothing. However, since I bought 3 grams of it, I decided to continue using 100 mg a day anyway. After about 1 - 2 weeks I started to notice a cortisol reduction (didn't test, just felt like it). I started to feel an itch in my hair bulbs (top of head) which I hadn't felt for a long long time.
At the same time I began noticing enhanced visual memory (was not expecting it). I noticed that I could remember what I did the day before very well (visually). That effect got better and better (not just visual memory but all kinds of cognitive capacities like mental imagery, creativity, working memory (could think more complex thoughts and understand things (mathematics) in ways I couldn't before), verbal skills (which was just verbal memory really) and memories of things long thought forgotten (songs and experiences from childhood).
As my cognitive capacities where increasing, I noticed I couldn't use 100 mg anymore because it made me tired and very confused directly after taking it (the same day, and, depending on dose, a few days after as well), so I reduced it to 10-15 mg very few days.
By this time my hair bulb-itch and the always accompanying hair loss had become very profound and forced me to stop taking PS. I also experience slight reoccurring pain on both sides (where the kidneys/adrenals are).
Here a protocol of the last time I took PS:

PS 100mg (after the buildup-phase!) :
- Immediately: Significant hair bulb-itch increase (hair loss), confusion, tired/drowsy!
Conclusion: 100 mg way too much (depending of course on the internal levels of whatever).

-2 hours later: Less tired (not much), less confused (not much), scalp same, write a bit fast(but still confused), memory (visual) noticeably better, intellect (complex thoughts) somewhat better.

-5 hours later: Same as 3 hours ago. Intellect? Confused, so hard to say. Hair bulb-itch terrible. Not a chance for 100mg anymore.

-7 days later: Hair loss still significantly "enhanced".

So, to sum up all the noticed effects of PS after the buildup-phase:
-cortisol reduction
-hair bulb-itch and thus hair loss
-enlarged penis (in non erect stage)
-often noticed very hard muscles (never trained though)
-enhanced intelligence (which turns into tiredness and confusion if too much PS is taken).
-tiny short piercing pains in the kidneys/adrenals (not sure, but it was on both sides, so I assume the kidneys and it was not only on the upper side, so not only the adrenals).

Piracetam (400 mg taken once after the buildup-phase from PS).

-Piracetam 400 mg: tired, later on somewhat confused. I think I was a bit confused before starting, but still noticeably tired and/or confused (had ca. 10-15 mg PS a few days ago so I am still in an enhanced state). Almost 4 hours later in a single spot in my brain (right side, top (almost on the surface) and most back than front) I felt a short tiny piercing pain (never had that before). I felt the next morning something similar the next day nearby, but not the exact same spot. Erections are somewhat harder than normal.

-one day later: 400 mg seems to have been too much. I felt a lot better today. Maybe even more intelligent than on the best PS moment. When at an outdoor cafe (about 16:00), I noticed how I could switch my focus between various things (objects, conversations, eye focus) very rapidly and distinguish between the conversations unusually well. I noticed for the first time, that my mobile phone buttons where somewhat dirty, and that I could observe my surroundings in the reflection of my phones display. I also smelled a lot of things that day (perhaps my sense of smell was slightly enhanced). I was also very calm and lean back today (It has a calming effect, probably the same thing that made my tired the day before). I have to watch out, that I don't make a habit of wasting my time daydreaming, since the daydreams are more vivid). My memories of occurrences the day before, even before I took the 400 mgs are extremely vivid, so it’s now very likely, that it enhances all memories, not just those made, while on Piracetam (learning on Piracetam might not be very useful (but at least it helps to understand better), but being on it when a need to access memories is imminent, that is very useful). I notice every now and then a piercing pain in an artery or vein (not just in the brain, but in the penis and the legs as well). Erections are enhanced, but sexual interest not so much, but perhaps somewhat (overall a similar situation to PS). It’s possible that it also induces hair-loss. I'll have to wait and see. I felt a strange feeling in the kidney area again, similar to PS, but not the same (more in the middle of the kidneys instead of either the top or the bottom).

-two days later: Was a bit strange in the morning, dreamt very vividly. I noticed a blown up penis (in a non erect stage) along with medium hair bulb itch. I'm almost entirely certain now, that Piracetam also increases hair-loss (as PS did, which also caused blown up penis, like shortly after stopping Finasterid). Muscles are somewhat harder. I felt a bit more tired today, maybe because of my somewhat shorter sleep period last night. Extreme hair-loss tonight. I went through my hair and probably lost more yesterday than I ever have before on a single day in a very long time!

-three days later: no blown up penis this morning, but an extremely light hair bulb-itch. Cognition still seems to be enhanced, since I can write this somewhat faster than usual. Blown up penis now very noticeable a few hours later. I was very dehydrated when I woke up this morning. I've got harder muscles as well. I'm noticing cognitive enhancement, to an extent, which I haven't seen before. At the same time extreme muscle hardness as well as a strong motivation which reminds me of hyperandrogenism, I feel like I could tear down trees (although I know I'd break my back). My muscles are rock-hard. Used the caffeine hair-water to reduce hair bulb-itch (it works, will have to use it very often in the next few days). Erection enhanced as is sexual interest, but interest is not enhanced significantly. Did a lot of thinking today and noticed that it worked a lot better. I'd say cognition was better today than it ever was on PS. It seems to vary though, throughout the day. I also noticed an improvement in mental rotation.

-four days later: No noticeable hair-itch today. Cognition this morning was perhaps even better that yesterday. In the afternoon I seemed to be bit tired/aloof (although I had no reason to). I became quite tired in the evening and think it might be beginning to lose its effect. In the evening I had decent hair bulb-itch again.

-five days later: quite tired today (maybe because of the bad weather). I had a lot of hair bulb-itching (never again Piracetam, unfortunately). Had headaches on the front left part of my head today (in the afternoon and at night). Cognition isn't the same as yesterday (it seems the headaches/pain mean the effect is wearing of, since I had the same thing after I stopped taking PS). Penis isn't as blown up as yesterday (perhaps not at all anymore), and I noticed a lot of high cortisol (just like I used to before PS, so likely nothing to do with Piracetam).

-six days later: Hair bulb-itch, tired and aloof (because of the weather as well perhaps. Cognition is still somewhat enhanced (perhaps). I daydream a lot more than usual (not something good for me). Breast pain (gyno?). Might be because of the Alpecin (caffeine-hair-water). Light and very short headache like pain in different areas. Very tired und difficult to concentrate. Hair loss still very noticeable.

-seven days later: Normal penis, slight hair bulb-itch. Later in the morning hair loss/itch. My muscles are still very hard at times. Libido is still somewhat enhanced.

CONCLUSION:

Piracetam & PS: vasodilatation (maybe), hair bulb-itch and loss, sporadic slight pain/sensation in the kidneys/adrenals (most likely, since on both sides), blown up penis (in non-erect stage), sometimes harder muscles and enhanced intelligence.
It seems that they both bring a hormonal/neurotransmitter change about, with which enhanced intelligence correlates (not necessarily caused by it)(it can take time for that hormonal situation to be achieved).
Blown up penis is without a doubt linked to hair-loss/itch, stronger erections and somewhat enhanced libido. Actually not bad, but I'd rather keep my hair!
Maybe elevated acetylcholine leads to elevated 5-alpha-reductase (they may share underlying causes instead) and thus excess DHT (hair loss, hard muscles and blown up penis). If that is the case (and it most probably is, I'll have to kiss Acetylcholine nootopics goodbye).

Conclusion:PS and Piracetam raise DHT levels (larger penis (in non-erect state), harder muscles, hair bulb-itch/hair loss).

seems to be very rare though, or not that profound/noticable in most users.
  • like x 2
  • dislike x 1

#2 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 03:13 AM

Very interesting report, thanks! I've been taking piracetam for about 2 years now, and also starting to get some receding hair, but I hesitate to draw any correlation because I'm in my late 20s and might very well be happening naturally.

It sounds like you have some experience in this area. But I'm forced to wonder if it's possible to diagnose an increase in DHT over what sounds like a very short trial (piracetam just once)? Several of these effects sound like they could have other causes, or just be happening naturally. Or even due to heightened awareness of physical and mental state, due to taking a new drug. I've never seen any studies linking piracetam to hormonal changes, though I suppose it's possible through a downstream effect of one of its mechanisms. But even if so, I have a hard time believing that a single, low dose of piracetam would alter hormone levels enough to be noticeable for days. Would be interested to hear about more trials without PS.

Even if this were true, it would be a tough choice for me. Piracetam helps replace more serious pharmaceuticals for me.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 cog

• Topic Starter
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:58 PM

If others experienced the effects to the same extent, then these would be very well known side effects. It certainly wasn't happening naturally, but because of the PS I can't be entirely sure what was responsible. I can say though, that the symptoms increased significantly while on Piracetam. It is understandable of course, that you question my statements (as would I), but I assure you that, in my case, these side-effects where very profound.

I can't say for sure that DHT levels increased, but the symptoms point strongly in that direction. I don't think I'll ever try it again. Perhaps a very low dose, long after my normal state is restored. I wouldn't be suprised though, if then I wouldn't feel anything (unless I'd begin to take it regularly).

There are studies which point out a connection between the adrenals and a piracetam response study. Also, many cortisol reducing supplements (Rhodilia, PS and Gingko) have a nootropic effect, which I find an interesting coincidence (although I do not think that the 3 named supplements work through the same mechanism).

#4 unregistered_user

• 721 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 12:29 AM

Interesting report however your accounts of hair loss and increase in penis size while flaccid seem difficult to attribute to piracetam due to being so inconsistent with other studies and reports I've read. I've been on Piracetam for 1 month now and haven't noticed either of those symptoms.

#5 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 12:47 AM

It's not quite clear from your report...did you take 400mg of piracetam once, or on each of those 7 days?

#6 cog

• Topic Starter
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 03:42 PM

I took a single dose of piracetam.

The symptoms were brought about by PS, but piracetem increased them, to an extent not seen before.
I'll probably try a very low dose of piracetam again when my old state returns and I'll keep this post updated. I wrote this just to make sure others, who might be noticing simular effects, find something online, since the only thing I found was this

I understand of course that this possibility is troublesome for many, but it should be put "out there" just in case.

Edited by cog, 23 June 2010 - 03:46 PM.

#7 adamh

• 1,012 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 05:58 PM

Interesting report. I would try continuing with the piracetam. One dose one time is not enough. My eperiences with it are that it enhances the effects of other drugs and substances I may be taking. Try 400 mg per day for a few weeks along with some choline source. You might like it a lot. +1 for the report.

Hi
I'll write about my PS (phosphatidylserine) and Piracetam experiences first, and at the bottom of the post, explain conclusions/assumptions.

#8 cog

• Topic Starter
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:22 PM

I just wanted to say that it took forever for the symptoms (hair bulb-itch and loss) to disappear. After they had, I wanted to give it one last try and bought some Huperzine-A.

first day 25mcg:
-feeling a strong tingling in both outer sides of my brain (more back than front and more low than high) a minute (lasts about 10 minutes) after swallowing.
-10 minutes later the feeling has crept to the temples and part of the back of my brain (mainly the temples though). Slightly tired (I tend to doze/drop my head if I relax).
-10 minutes later began noticing enhanced cognition (hard to say how much).
-15 minutes later a strange feeling in my stomach (like some on and off pressure from inside). Didn't last long.
-50 minutes later a slight headache-like feeling. Also a single muscle twitching (left jaw).
-1 hour later possibly enhanced kidney piercing and hair bulb piercing (Kidney twice, hair bulb twice).
-1 hour later felt some slight hair tingling again.
-1:15 hours later felt some slight hair tingling again. It’s quite possible that all those problems where due to excess acetylcholine.
-1:30 hours later another kidney pierce (its certain now that kidney pierce is enhanced).
-2 hours later some slight hair itch (hardly noticeable, but there) and noticeable kidney itch/piercing.
-2:30 hours later some slight hair itch. Slight, yes, but with prolonged use or higher doses it likely to get worse.
-3 hours later. Yes, cognition is enhanced, but is it worth it? Not really. It’s also quite likely that it will take quite a while for the negative effects to wear off since the held for PS and Piracetam.
-3:30 hours later my reading speed is definitely enhanced.
-3:30 noticed visual memory (not just visual, but visual is what’s noticed stronger) of the last day's events are better than normal.
-3:30 haven't felt anything in the kidneys for a long time now.
-4:30 hours later hair itch is definitely related to huperzine. That sucks. That means I'll have to ditch all ACH raising supps (all good ones in that case).
Comment: I have to point out that extent of hair itch was positively related to cognitive enhancement.
On the other hand, slow hair loss remained long after cognitive enhancement disappeared (with PS and Piracetam).
-day 2 morning: I noticed losing more thick hair than usual (hair itch still noticeable)
-day 2 libido is strongly enhanced.
-day 2 noticed a very short sensation/pain in the brain directly after a stressful traffic situation.
-day 2 cognition is still enhanced.
-day 2 hair loss and itch is very strong this afternoon.
-day 2 I felt more sweaty than normal (all over the body)
-day 2 the visual experiences were a bit better than usual. A kind of different-better. More percice.
-day 2 I bought about twice as much as usual in a supermarket. Also driving ability was slightly impaired (concentration, might have been independent of huperzine).
-day 2 had a few headache like moments in the evening
-2 days later was very prone to humor (laughed more than usual) at night. The laughing caused further headache-like sensations.
-3 days later cognition somewhat enhanced, some hair bulb-itch and loss
-4 days later cognition still somewhat enhanced. When I think intensively for longer time periods, the hair bulb itch seems to become more intense.
I've noticed the connection several times now, so I'm quite sure now.
-day 5 its starting to wear of I'd say, feel a bit strange every now and then. hair loss is low, but sometimes I still feel the hair bulb-itch.
-day 6 libido was strong while awakening in the last few days. Memory is still better than baseline.
-day 6 hair loss is a lot stronger than yesterday. Cognition is very good at times.

I believe, due to the various side effects, that a hormonal change takes place, caused by an increase in acetylcholine.
Hormonal change because:
-acne (PS and Piracetam)
-hair loss
-increased libido
-increased body hair growth (PS)

Why acetylcholine? Because PS, Piracetam and Huperzine all cause the side effects above, even though the way they work is quite different.

FYI:The lost scalp hair are sometimes a bit different than my normal hair loss. They have a white substance surrounding the lower part (about 1-3 mm from the part connecting to the hair-bulb upwards)(no idea what that is). I’ve only noticed that with the PS,Piracetam (not sure) and Huperzine. I have no idea what that could mean (nor do I care anymore).

#9 Imagination

• 350 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:20 PM

I really don't think taking any of these supplements are causing the hair loss itch, it's most likely completely unrelated, since 3 completely different supplements are causing the same effects.

From what you describe i've had something similar, it will be more to do with you actual scalp than the supplements, you should use nizoral sampoo, an antifungal shampoo.

#10 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:22 PM

first day 25mcg:
-feeling a strong tingling in both outer sides of my brain (more back than front and more low than high) a minute (lasts about 10 minutes) after swallowing.
-10 minutes later the feeling has crept to the temples and part of the back of my brain (mainly the temples though). Slightly tired (I tend to doze/drop my head if I relax).

You are apparently feeling strong physical effects before the capsule has even had a chance to dissolve; 10 minutes later, it's just begun to get into your bloodstream. It would be a little longer before it exerted its effect on inhibiting AChE, and then had any downstream effect on hormones. This points very strongly to a placebo reaction being involved.

I have only very slight hair recession so far, but I tend to notice/worry about it more if I'm tired, hyper-focused, over-caffeinated, etc. It sounds like you're really expecting this to happen when you take nootropics, so you're feeling it happen before there's any chance it could be.

Edited by chrono, 04 August 2010 - 02:23 PM.

#11 cog

• Topic Starter
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:58 PM

I didn't mean the hair bulbs but the brain itself. But with PS I did feel it very quickly (not sure how quick anymore). Also, I didn't take a capsule, only the powder with some water (had 50 mcg capsules).

One would think it would take that long, for a medication to have an effect, but look at pot for example. One feels that practically immediately. Alcohol is felt a lot sooner than 10 minutes (try drinking half a bottle of rum, and then walking home ;o)).

It would be a little longer before it exerted its effect on inhibiting AChE

It doesn't have to be the AChE effect causing the brain tingling. Enhanced cognition was only noticed later on. The hair bulb thing only a lot later (with certainty).

btw. A friend of mine has been trying Piracetam for a week. He doesn't notice much (no hair problems, but he hasn't been having any before either). He did mention enhanced libido though. Also, I'd have to point out that I react quite sensitive to medication, which interfere with brain functioning (HTP-5 had to be reduced to a tenth of the dose, SSRI to 1/4. Both were over 7 years ago).

Edited by cog, 04 August 2010 - 06:58 PM.

• dislike x 1

#12 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:50 AM

One would think it would take that long, for a medication to have an effect, but look at pot for example. One feels that practically immediately. Alcohol is felt a lot sooner than 10 minutes (try drinking half a bottle of rum, and then walking home ;o)).

Smoked substances are felt within seconds, because they are absorbed through the lungs. Alcohol is also absorbed faster than most drugs, especially on an empty stomach, and some portion of undilted hard liquor is absorbed almost instantly through a mechanism I don't remember off hand.

If you emptied the powder into water and drank it, then it's plausible that you could feel some of the effects within 10 minutes. But within one minute is still placebo.

It doesn't have to be the AChE effect causing the brain tingling. Enhanced cognition was only noticed later on. The hair bulb thing only a lot later (with certainty).

OK, that makes more sense, though I would still suggest that the 'brain tingling' is mostly psychosomatic.

It would be interesting to search pubmed for any possible relation. I don't have anything like the time, but you could search for (acetylcholine OR piracetam) AND (testosterone OR DHT) and see if there was anything good.
  • like x 1

#13 sentrysnipe

• 491 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:54 AM

Or placebo. *rimshot*

#14 cog

• Topic Starter
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:33 AM

It would be interesting to search pubmed for any possible relation. I don't have anything like the time, but you could search for (acetylcholine OR piracetam) AND (testosterone OR DHT) and see if there was anything good.

Already have searched extensively. The only thing that I found was the adverse reaction of increased libido
link

Whatever, no longer my problem.

#15 NR2(x)

• 253 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 11:57 AM

It is plausable that piracetam increase Dehydrotestosterone by the following method
1. Piracetam has a cholinetmic effect, this maybe through Sigma-1 agonist or through positive modulation of system, could not find information on nature of piracetams cholinetmic effect
2. The body utilizes negative feedback in the form of testosterone which has sigma-1 antagonist effects.
3. Increased levels of testosterone leads to greater levels of dehydrotestosterone
  • dislike x 1

#16 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 02:13 PM

It is plausable that piracetam increase Dehydrotestosterone by the following method
1. Piracetam has a cholinetmic effect, this maybe through Sigma-1 agonist or through positive modulation of system, could not find information on nature of piracetams cholinetmic effect
2. The body utilizes negative feedback in the form of testosterone which has sigma-1 antagonist effects.
3. Increased levels of testosterone leads to greater levels of dehydrotestosterone

It's an interesting thought, but I think 'plausible' is a stretch. Cholinetmic isn't a word, so I'm unable to guess if piracetam has that effect. I've never seen the racetams mentioned in connection with the sigma receptor, and there have been quite a few studies into their MOA. And I think receptor downregulation is a more common response to prolonged supraphysiological activity, rather than deployment of an antagonist. I think point #3 is the only one here's that's really plausible.

Again, it would be really helpful if you posted some links/references for your ideas, so other people could discuss them without having to do all the research. And thanks for highlighting this time that this is a largely unsupported theory—I'm sometimes concerned in other threads when you present such guesses as fact, that new users reading it later might assume that you're talking about definite mechanisms. ;)

#17 NR2(x)

• 253 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 03:57 AM

It's an interesting thought, but I think 'plausible' is a stretch. Cholinetmic isn't a word, so I'm unable to guess if piracetam has that effect. I've never seen the racetams mentioned in connection with the sigma receptor, and there have been quite a few studies into their MOA. And I think receptor downregulation is a more common response to prolonged supraphysiological activity, rather than deployment of an antagonist. I think point #3 is the only one here's that's really plausible.

Again, it would be really helpful if you posted some links/references for your ideas, so other people could discuss them without having to do all the research. And thanks for highlighting this time that this is a largely unsupported theory—I'm sometimes concerned in other threads when you present such guesses as fact, that new users reading it later might assume that you're talking about definite mechanisms. ;)

Very fair, ill do my best, after all nootropics users should be aiming to achieve intellectualism.
I believe that down regulation is often achieved in the body by increased concentration of endogenous antagonists, this allows for spartial temporal variance.
Piracetam does have a cholinematic effect that i have found no explanation for.
  • like x 1

#18 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 01:22 PM

Piracetam does have a cholinematic effect that i have found no explanation for.

Again, I'm wondering what you mean by this word. Cholinergic is generally used to mean 'related to or acting upon the acetylcholine system." Is this what you mean? If so, piracetam is thought to enhance utilization of acetylcholine (thus leading to its depletion), and to upregulate receptors. Sorry, don't have time to post refs now, but I think there are some on the wikipedia page.

Edited by chrono, 07 August 2010 - 01:23 PM.

#19 cog

• Topic Starter
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 11:23 PM

Since my situation has changed, I thought it would be good to inform this forum.

After my Huperzine A test, I tested Vinpocetine and got simular results. Because of that I concluded that a acetylcholine raising supplements caused these porblems (kidneys, certain kind of hairloss).

Some time later I got severe kidney problems. My doctor has not yet been able to diagnose me, but I assure you that the problems are severe (hypertension, very androgen (high testosterone/dht, this builds up after some time of taking anything which troubles my kidneys), and kidney needle pricks or twitching (as if it was beating like a heart for a second or two). Mainly twitching now, pricks back then. All of these symptoms show up together and disapear together. Pretty much every supplement/medicine/alcohol causes them to increase significantly.

The first time I noticed kidney problems was a few months ago, when I started using PS (phosphatidylserine). Although I think that PS contributed greatly to my problems, I can't be sure if it just gave a dying dog the last kick. I now believe that piracetam is most likley no more resposible than any other supplement which the kidneys process/excret (green tea extract or topical minoxidil for example, which I wasn't using during PS). This explains why my symptoms are so/quite rare.

I'm 30 years old by the way, so these problems come as a surprise. In case anyone has any idea what I could be having (ultrasound and urine test found nothing, although the urine test was done when I was feeling better), feel free to mention it ;o).

#20 cog

• Topic Starter
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 02:50 PM

Hi
Sorry to revive this old topic, but I have discovered that I have a severe dust mite allergy (proven by doctor and tests to be class 4 in terms of specific immunoglobulin E in blood)(type 3 allergy, based on the symptoms) as well as to a few other things. I asume that I developed a type 3 allergy to phosphatidylserine (I don't have any noticable allergic reaction to soy in a skin punctuation test) and that was the reason for the strange reactions. The initial elevated cortisol may (not certain) have been a homeostasis regulation in the fist place.

So, summerising: The mentioned symptoms are that rare because it was a rare allergic reation.

BTW my Immunoglobulin E is about 800 kU/l (should be < 100)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#21 singlepost

• 1 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:57 PM

I was taking 4.8-9.6 grams daily (if I recall correctly) and noticed many of the same effects as cog for many days. It appears that piracetam may increase hormone levels in a roundabout way. Piracetam increases choline levels, which in turn stimulate the release of GH, TSH, and LH. LH stimulates production of testosterone in the male testes.

"piracetam alone markedly increased choline content in hippocampus (88%)"

http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/7301036

"In stimulated conditions, i.c.v. administration of CDP-choline (1 micromol, i.c.v.) produced an increase in clonidine-stimulated GH, thyrotyropin-releasing hormone (TRH)-stimulated TSH, LH-releasing hormone (LHRH)-stimulated LH"

"Injection of equimolar dose of choline (1 micromol, i.c.v.) produced similar effects on hormone levels"

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/15482372

"In the testes, LH binds to receptors on Leydig cells, stimulating synthesis and secretion of testosterone."

http://www.vivo.colo...opit/lhfsh.html

I don't think allergies have anything to do with the hormonal effects cog described. I also have a dust allergy, but that has no effect on piracetam's effects. If I were in your shoes cog, I would see a good endocrinologist to check for a hormonal disorder.
  • like x 1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users