Photo
- - - - -

Strange Piracetam Response

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SATANICAT

• 128 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:14 PM

I decided to give piracetam a try about 3 weeks ago and since then I've taken it 6 different times. The first time I took 2400mg and 300mg of Alpha-GPC I became incredibly tense and then burned out about 30min later and needed to go to bed 4 hours early, and I did not see any cognitive benefits. Then, after the second time I decided I would take an attack-dose, so I took 4000mg with 300mg of alpha-GPC. This did the same thing, and it gave me TREACHEROUS nightmares. Before then, I hadn't had a nightmare in 6-7 years, and I wasn't going through any abnormal stress or emotional trauma. The next couple of doses did the same thing. I tried a micro-dose (200mg), and that made the sleepiness not-so-severe, but I still had to take a nap that day. And I took 2 doses (800mg) w/o choline, same effect. And, finally I took my last dose (yesterday) I took with 500mg of ALCAR and 400mg of piracetam (6 hours before I went to bed) and had another treacherous nightmare and woke up with night-sweats and was breathing heavily. I've given up on piracetam and haven't found anybody with a similar response as mine. (Also, every dose made me incredibly irritable)

So basically all piracetam does is give me incredible sleepiness/fatigue, nightmares, night sweats, no cognitive benefit, tension, and extreme irritability. And, all symptoms stay the same regardless of whether I take it with ALCAR and ALA, or Alpha-GPC. Larger dose makes symptoms worse.

#2 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:24 PM

I decided to give piracetam a try about 3 weeks ago and since then I've taken it 6 different times. The first time I took 2400mg and 300mg of Alpha-GPC I became incredibly tense and then burned out about 30min later and needed to go to bed 4 hours early, and I did not see any cognitive benefits. Then, after the second time I decided I would take an attack-dose, so I took 4000mg with 300mg of alpha-GPC. This did the same thing, and it gave me TREACHEROUS nightmares. Before then, I hadn't had a nightmare in 6-7 years, and I wasn't going through any abnormal stress or emotional trauma. The next couple of doses did the same thing. I tried a micro-dose (200mg), and that made the sleepiness not-so-severe, but I still had to take a nap that day. And I took 2 doses (800mg) w/o choline, same effect. And, finally I took my last dose (yesterday) I took with 500mg of ALCAR and 400mg of piracetam (6 hours before I went to bed) and had another treacherous nightmare and woke up with night-sweats and was breathing heavily. I've given up on piracetam and haven't found anybody with a similar response as mine. (Also, every dose made me incredibly irritable)

So basically all piracetam does is give me incredible sleepiness/fatigue, nightmares, night sweats, no cognitive benefit, tension, and extreme irritability. And, all symptoms stay the same regardless of whether I take it with ALCAR and ALA, or Alpha-GPC. Larger dose makes symptoms worse.

Large doses made me very irritable as well. I definately know what you are going through. Have you tried micro-doses (100mg)? Also I've only tried this once this morning, but lithium orotate seems to combine VERY nicely with 400mg of Piracetam. I'll keep you posted if it continues to work. I'm logging my experiences with Piracetam here.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 SATANICAT

• Topic Starter
  • 128 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:31 PM

Yeah, I've tried a micro-dose (150-200mg). I thought everything was going fine until I crashed. And, any cognitive benefit I experienced was probably the placebo effect. I'll look into the lithium dosing too.

#4 babcock

• 299 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:37 PM

Wow, I've never heard of a response to piracetam with nightmares/nightsweats. I have read about people claiming they dream more lucidly while on it so perhaps these are related. But if you're getting no cognitive enhancement out of it then I would say just drop it, especially with all those side effects. Piracetam affects everyone in a different way so it would appear this is just how your body responds to it.

IF you're really dead set on using it thought you might want to look at a different brand just to see if it gives you the same effects. Personally though I would drop it in a second if it caused me the grief it's causing you.

#5 SATANICAT

• Topic Starter
  • 128 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 02:28 AM

Wow, I've never heard of a response to piracetam with nightmares/nightsweats. I have read about people claiming they dream more lucidly while on it so perhaps these are related. But if you're getting no cognitive enhancement out of it then I would say just drop it, especially with all those side effects. Piracetam affects everyone in a different way so it would appear this is just how your body responds to it.

IF you're really dead set on using it thought you might want to look at a different brand just to see if it gives you the same effects. Personally though I would drop it in a second if it caused me the grief it's causing you.

Yeah...I'm shying away from this stuff. But, I abstained from piracetam today, and I somehow had a great day and my memory/concentration was better than a normal day. I might experiment with piracetam later, but for now I'm going to set the bottle down.

#6 unregistered_user

• 721 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 03:28 AM

I enjoy the enhanced dreaming I get from taking Piracetam. In fact, since adding Rhodiola and Ashwagandha I've noticed my dreams have become far more interesting and life-like.
  • like x 1

#7 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 04:23 AM

The astonishing improvement in dream quality is one of the main reasons why I would think about cycling piracetam. Amazing vividness, engagement, length, frequency and subject matter. Seems to happen most strongly for the first month or so, and then level off into a general increase in number but not as much enhancement. I've had some nightmares on it too, but they don't really bother me. A lot of it is probably the state of mind piracetam puts you in (if it makes you irritable), how likely you are to have nightmares anyway, and what your attitude and reaction to frightening dream imagery and situations is. Note that these last two elements are interconnected, and can be worked on.

Edited by chrono, 25 June 2010 - 04:26 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 rvdvaart

• 72 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 04:37 AM

The only positive side effects I've noticed from taking Piracetam are increased verbal fluency, slight increase in memory, and more confidence approaching women....but here's the weird part and the negative side effect. I keep getting these girls flirting with me but my brain tries to find a way to make them ugly - like she's a little overweight or she has acne. Normally, I'm not like this. I enjoy talking to all women. But for reason my brain just kills my libido when I start talking to a remotely attractive girl. I don't know why this happens.

But for studying, Piracetam seems to be working good so far. I get mental focus and improved memory without all the jitters of coffee or adderall.

Edited by rvdvaart, 25 June 2010 - 04:38 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users