- - - - -

new to nootropics ... need some advice asap

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bigknuckles

• 4 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 05:39 PM

Hi everyone,
I'm 19 years old and in college and stumbled upon nootropics while researching health topics. I have problems concentrating sometimes and I have anxiety.

I've modified my diet and started working out. I supplement with whey protein, fish oil, and multivitamins daily. I'm not fat but I'm not that muscular either. I have about 10 pounds of fat to lose I think to get to where I want to be. Then I'd like to gain it all back in muscle. [thumb]

I want to take some nootropics to help me better concentrate and to reduce anxiety. Once I get more fit I plan on taking creatine and r-ala post workout. I was also thinking about adding Pyritinol to help me better concentrate and learn/remember more. Although, I'm worried that if I start taking it and decide to stop my body will be worse off than it was before getting on it. I don't want this to be the case.

I also have read some about GABA and NAC. They both look like they'd help me in my routine too. Gaba for fat loss and NAC to help encourage lean mass growth. If I get these in powder form from smi2le.biz can I just mix them into my protein shake post workout and before bedtime? Or are they all more bioavailable taken in capsule form? What are your recommendations for nootropics I should take? I don't want to take too many ... only those that really make a difference. If you suggest something please give a small description on how that certain nootropic has affected you.

Thanks!

#2 bigknuckles

• Topic Starter
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 05:41 PM

Also,
If I need to do capping/measuring on my own, what are the easiest, least time-consuming, and most cost effective ways on doing this?

Edited by bigknuckles, 12 September 2004 - 06:05 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

• Lurker

Posted 12 September 2004 - 07:46 PM

Capping equipments most often used, and the cheapest available, is the Cap em Quick capping equipment with capsules.

Cap em Quick "0" size with "0" size capsules (small)
Cap em Quick "00" size with "00" size capsules (medium)
Cap em Quick "000" size with "000" size capsules (large)

You can't use different sized capsules in a Cap em Quick equipment that only supports one size each.

#4 bigknuckles

• Topic Starter
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 09:19 PM

Can you guys help me formulate a barebone stack that won't be too much of a strain on my wallet? Are there any supplements that will aid in my workout routine as well as in cognition enhancement? So far I'm thinking that I should take :

1) Aniracetam
2) Pyrinitol
3) Creatine (post workout)
4) R-ALA
5) Glutamine
6) Vitamin C
7) full spectrum MultiVitamin
8) NAC (post workout)

Is this okay?
all that being said, is there anywhere I can get a full spectrum multivitamin in powder form for cheap? Should I get Vit C from Smile2k or should I invest in sustained release forms of it?

Also, if I'm taking these do I have to cap em or can I just measure them out and mix them in with a drink? Which of these are OKAY to take simultaneously? Please give me recommendations on how/when to best take these and/or any other supplements you recommend.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 bigknuckles

• Topic Starter
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 09:55 PM

Hi cristina,
I'm sure people on this board can help you but I'm very new to nootropics so I wont be of much help.

I want to take nootropics that will be helpful considering my young age (19). I'd rather not take the supplements that are recommended more for older individuals because I feel like I won't benefit as much. I've been searching through posts trying to find an answer but if anyone can point me in the right direction, that'd be great. I

'd like to take the supplements that will have greatest effect considering my age. Can I only do this by trial and error? I know it may be annoying to answer similar questions over and over but I'd really appreciate any help!

So far I'm looking at:
1) Aniracetam OR piracetam
2) Pyrinitol
3) Creatine (post workout)
4) R-ALA
5) Glutamine
6) Vitamin C
7) full spectrum MultiVitamin
8) NAC (post workout)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users