• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo

cryonics/immortalist support network

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 vog

• 17 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:29 PM

I have found over the past few years that there is no support at all for cryonicists or immortalists other than maybe a few forums like this on the Internet.
I would like to see more. We are people who are a tiny minority in society. It is difficult even to find physicians knowledgeable of the subject, much less supportive of it. My own career was in the field of mental health and, from this perspective, I think that cyonicists might need some specialized and understanding psychological support, but there is nothing available at all. I've often felt that the current cryonics facilities would have the best means for accessing knowledge bases and member networks to provide these missing services, but they are apparently not the places to look find such things.

Now it's become clear to me that we must organize to provide some kind o a support network ourselves.

Boundless Life and Happiness,
John J. Kansevich
vogbank@gmail.com
42700 Colchester St., # 709
Clinton township MI

Attached Files

#2 The Immortalist

• 1,462 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 09:48 PM

We have a project to make local Imminst chapters.

#3 lunarsolarpower

• 1,323 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:59 AM

I guess one question would be if it's a large enough group of people yet to provide a viable social network? I mean there are transhumanist/humanity meetups, cryofeasts, singularity summits and mailing lists for cryonicists, extropians and caloric restrictors but are there likely to be more than 10 of these people in any but the most densely congregated of counties? Immortalists are currently located around the world but in very low numbers. Even in relative hot spots such as Northern or Southern California there might only be a couple dozen people. I guess my point is that while your suggestion is worthy and much can be done in this direction, I wouldn't limit my social sphere to only cryonicists/immortalists at this point in time unless your needs for social interaction and support are incredibly minimal.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 The Immortalist

• 1,462 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:18 PM

I guess one question would be if it's a large enough group of people yet to provide a viable social network? I mean there are transhumanist/humanity meetups, cryofeasts, singularity summits and mailing lists for cryonicists, extropians and caloric restrictors but are there likely to be more than 10 of these people in any but the most densely congregated of counties? Immortalists are currently located around the world but in very low numbers. Even in relative hot spots such as Northern or Southern California there might only be a couple dozen people. I guess my point is that while your suggestion is worthy and much can be done in this direction, I wouldn't limit my social sphere to only cryonicists/immortalists at this point in time unless your needs for social interaction and support are incredibly minimal.

Your right that the population density of Immortalists, Calorie restricters, cryonicists, and transhumanists is very low. So why don't we all move to the same area and call it Longcity? http://www.imminst.o...showtopic=42530

#5 ilia

• Guest, Moderator
  • 614 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:35 PM

Your right that the population density of Immortalists, Calorie restricters, cryonicists, and transhumanists is very low. So why don't we all move to the same area and call it Longcity? http://www.imminst.o...showtopic=42530

Yes, but we need to spread the meme. The density will increase, and very soon :)

#6 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:23 PM

Thats right Vog and one thing we can do to remedy that situation is support these chapters: http://imminst.org/chapters They are new, but with your eye in that direction and your seeming ambition, I think you can help grow this. One simple thing you can do right now is join the chapters team, which means that you agree to put out 25 flyers with the chapters link on it per month. When you do this you then also get entered in our volunteer prize drawing each month that you do. There is no commitment. Its kind of loose, you can do as little or take it as far as you want.

There are growing circles of us in skype too. Its where we do a lot of our networking. Please add me there. My id there is brokenportal.

#7 The Immortalist

• 1,462 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:20 PM

Thats right Vog and one thing we can do to remedy that situation is support these chapters: http://imminst.org/chapters They are new, but with your eye in that direction and your seeming ambition, I think you can help grow this. One simple thing you can do right now is join the chapters team, which means that you agree to put out 25 flyers with the chapters link on it per month. When you do this you then also get entered in our volunteer prize drawing each month that you do. There is no commitment. Its kind of loose, you can do as little or take it as far as you want.

There are growing circles of us in skype too. Its where we do a lot of our networking. Please add me there. My id there is brokenportal.

Vog's not just talking about social groups I think he's thinking more along the lines of support groups for cryonics specifically.

#8 chrwe

• Guest,
  • 223 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 03:14 AM

It would be great and helpful to have psychological and knowledge support for cryonics. It is very hard to scrap together all information yourself, try to arrange your best chances (even worse if you are, like me, an international patient) and also face the hostility of society.

#9 Secular Pro-Transhumanist

• 12 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:34 PM

I'm not a Doctor or I'm not a degree level & I'm not good in English Communication and I'm not a novelistic scientist but wishing to be a part of this research. I am Filipino citizen. i have study alone about our nature by my own definition maybe my idea comes because of environmental and naturely inspired. Since my 6 years of age I really think about how to live forever because i saw people die and cant comeback to real world and soon. I am so very positive about this based on my own research and analyzing basic data found in our environment.

I want to share my little idea since I know all the Principles of everything in my own definition.

Finally How to become immortal and live life forever the answer is already here but let me ask and answer the basic question to undertand the basic things why human mortality happen/ or why people die?

1. Why human die?

Answer1: Because of Pathogenic Bacteria, Viruses and Radio Active Material that responsible of decay, Sickness, Diseases, Cancer &Over Production of Fats like cholesterol in our blood stream. also the GENES that responsible of AGING.

Answe2: Killer Accident.

My Opionion, Solutions and answer for the Mention aboved.

1. We need to Harness the use of 'Plasma Light technology' as replacement of alcohol dis-infectant and other chemicals that dis-infects bacterial infection. plasma lights has the ability to kill PATHOGENIC BACTERIA without harmful effects to human.

2. We need to re-engineer VIRUSES that responsible in our GENES & DNA RECEPTORS to eat or kill the AGING GENES and to delete the inherrited genes like diabetes, highblood pressure, and other inherriting diseases. it is possible done in laboratory.

3. We need to replace or existing Human Heart into atomic/nuclear computer regulated powered heart that responsible for pumping blood normally in whatever conditions.

4.We need to Automate transportation and food production.

5. Ask more about my idea based on environmental concept i will give you more. its not a food we eat, its not a matter of exercise. we meant to die because of viruses and well programmed genes. but THERE IS POSSIBLE OF THE IMPOSSIBLITY.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users