- - - - -

EDTA

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bdnf

• 69 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 07:44 AM

Does anyone here use EDTA?

I've dealt with many heavy metals during my undergraduate chemistry years and was considering using this to remove any deleterious metals that may be present in my body.

#2 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 02:33 PM

Does anyone here use EDTA?

I've dealt with many heavy metals during my undergraduate chemistry years and was considering using this to remove any deleterious metals that may be present in my body.

What evidence do you have that you have any deleterious metals present in your body?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

• Lurker

Posted 19 October 2004 - 06:57 PM

I am unsure what EDTA is, but do you think it could help remove lead from the body. I'm a big fan of seafood and I know eating seafood regularly could raise lead levels in the body to unsafe levels.

#4 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 02:14 AM

Cosmos,

EDTA is very effective used intravenously. It does take out good minerals with the bad. Not sure on how effective it is orally. BUT how do you know you have enough toxic minerals (the issue with seafood is usually mercury)? If you are concerned, then get your doctor....uhhhh canadian medicine...to get your blood tested for mercury. In the US we can pay for it ourselves through life extension foundation...does that work for you too?

IF mercury is really an issue these can help:

n-acetyl cysteine
chlorella
selenium and
apparently DMSA
see www.vrp.com and search for mercury there are a number of Q & A's that would be relevant.

• Lurker

Posted 20 October 2004 - 02:59 AM

Sorry scott, I'm a dolt :). I meant to say mercury (the other heavy metal).

I didn't intend on buying EDTA in the near future, but I thought I'd pose the question anyway.

#6 bdnf

• Topic Starter
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 08:23 AM

What evidence do you have that you have any deleterious metals present in your body?

In regards to myself, nothing specifically. However, my lab partner (whom I'm still good friends with) recently had a blood test in which Pb and Hg was detected.

This does not provide strong evidence that I too have heavy metals in my system since: (a) Pb and Hg may have come from food, water, etc; (b) many students do chemistry and not all come out of university with multiple heavy metals in their body (unless one ingests the solution).

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 bdnf

• Topic Starter
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 08:31 AM

Certaintly I will have blood tests before I ingest a strong chelating agent. I merely asked whether anyone had used EDTA should my tests come back abnormal.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users