Posted Image

;o)
  • like x 7

#2 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:36 PM

WOOOOOOO!

That's pretty expensive though huh?

Edited by FunkOdyssey, 13 October 2010 - 07:38 PM.

#3 Sillewater

• 1,076 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:02 PM

Very nice, the minerals take up so much space.

#4 nameless

• 2,268 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:23 PM

I think Anthony mentioned that members get a lower price... is that listed somewhere?

Over $50 for a month supply is a tad pricey -- or sort of insanely pricey, I should say.

Overall, the label looks good, but I guess the magnesium/minerals take up a ton of space. One downside is that since everything is near optimal amounts, half-doses or less (to save money) then results in baby-sized doses of several things.

That wouldn't normally be an issue, but at $55/month, I think many would prefer to go with partial doses just to save money.

Edited by nameless, 13 October 2010 - 08:26 PM.

#5 aLurker

• 715 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:37 PM

My current multivitamin costs $5/year and while this might be great I don't see why it warrants that kind of price tag unless they got the vitamin c from freshly squeezed baby white tigers.
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#6 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:48 PM

Woops, I guess I missed the discount code thread. This is a MASSIVE discount.

http://www.imminst.o...899#entry434899

Of course you have to be an ImmInst member...

#7 triplecrown

• 98 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:59 PM

I'm not too impressed by the label. I guess I'll stick with AOR OR LEF for the time being

#8 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:01 PM

I have a feeling the guy who formulated the AOR multivitamins would tell you to take this one instead. :laugh:

#9 winston

• 150 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:15 PM

Nice, I didn't realize such a thing was being developed.

Whats some info on the choices? Lithium seems abnormal.

#10 MaximumLife

• 15 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:17 PM

Far too expensive.

Edited by MaximumLife, 13 October 2010 - 09:19 PM.

#11 dosquito

• 253 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:19 PM

I have been waiting for this for a long time, but 55 is way too much. the discount link isn't working for me.

#12 Vindex

• 80 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:19 PM

Woops, I guess I missed the discount code thread. This is a MASSIVE discount.

http://www.imminst.o...899#entry434899

Of course you have to be an ImmInst member...

Oh c'mon, how massive? :laugh:

#13 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:27 PM

It's $25 for ImmInst members, so greater than 50% discount.

#14 Charmion

• 78 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:49 PM

Damn!--I wish it didn't have choline!

#15 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:13 PM

Was it really necessary to have 550mg of choline? seems like a lot of extra required capsule space. Maybe we could have got away with just 3 caps per day without it?? I think choline is quite light so takes a lot of volume to get that weight?

#16 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:13 PM

I was afraid of this.

#17 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:14 PM

Feel free to add information and opinions about optimum ingredients/doses in the forms section here, after all it was the folks here that found the time to participate and gather information about the ingredients that made this possible:

http://www.imminst.o...plement-design/

Please participate to continue to help make the best core nutritional product available.

Cheers
A

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 13 October 2010 - 10:37 PM.

#18 e Volution

• 937 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:56 PM

I think everyone should remember this is a very unique Multi-vitamin! Formulated by the best minds in the business and potentially replacing some supplements typically taken separately: Vitamin K2 MK-7, Magnesium, Lutein, Silicon, Choline, Lithium, and possibly even D3 for the non-vampire Immortalist.

Also not happy with one of the ingredients and/or dosages? Start a thread or discussion and if your argument is worth its weight, the next formula may be upgraded!

And $54.99 to $25.00 USD is a great discount, however does ImmInst still get a cut at this discounted price (if any at all)?

#19 RighteousReason

• 2,491 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:58 PM

Can someone post the breakdown of the actual sub-components of Vitamin A? I'm trying to compare to Ortho Core... they actually list the amount of retinol, alpha/beta carotene

#20 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:01 PM

I like the idea a lot, but unfortunately this isn't something I can recommend to my friends and family. The price and number of pills is just not reasonable for for the average person. After all the complaints about Ortho-core pricing, I was really really hoping to see something that had reasonable dosages and balanced without going overboard on price. It seems like the contents of this multi is choosen based on the optimal form of everything regardless of cost or number of pills.

Edited by health_nutty, 13 October 2010 - 11:08 PM.

#21 RighteousReason

• 2,491 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:07 PM

wtf @ niacinamide?

#22 e Volution

• 937 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:10 PM

Nice, I didn't realize such a thing was being developed.

Whats some info on the choices? Lithium seems abnormal.

I think the fact that we can have responses like this is a bit of a marketing fail!

I don't see anyone selling this! Realise those old discussions don't hold much weight to someone who wasn't present when they were taking place. A fresh discussion is needed, badly.

Why are all the B-Vitamins less than 100%?
What is Molybdenum and why is it in there?
Is that enough silicon to fill my skin regimen quota?
Lithium!? Isn't that for crazy people?

#23 e Volution

• 937 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:20 PM

Can someone post the breakdown of the actual sub-components of Vitamin A? I'm trying to compare to Ortho Core... they actually list the amount of retinol, alpha/beta carotene

I like the idea a lot, but unfortunately this isn't something I can recommend to my friends and family. The price and number of pills is just not reasonable for for the average person. After all the complaints about Ortho-core pricing, I was really really hoping to see something that had reasonable dosages and balanced without going overboard on price. It seems like the contents of this multi is choosen based on the optimal form of everything regardless of cost or number of pills.

Last message from me I promise--Looking at the ingredients the closest competitor/comparison is AOR Multi-Basics 3 (not Ortho-Core), however MB3 is only 3 caps/day full dosage. Anyone be bothered doing a rough conversion between the two pricewise? And why is this better than Multi-Basics 3 (I am sure it is)?

otherwise it seems pretty comparable to ortho core (minus the like two dozen other random things ortho core throws in)

Yes I care not for quoting continuity (from the post below)!

Have you taken a look at those 'other random things' recently? They are what defines Ortho Core, not random extra additions!

Ortho-Core:
Chlorophyllin Complex 150mg
Trans-Resveratrol 1.8mg
Pomegranate extract (40% Ellagic acid) 100mg
Sulforaphane (from Broccoli Sprout Extract) 7.1mg
R(+)- Lipoic Acid 150mg
Co-Enzyme Q10 (ubidecarenone) 30mg
Green Tea Extract (45% EgCG; 1% caffeine) 140mg
N-Acetylcysteine (NAC) 200mg

Good stuff, but NOT what we want in a daily, insurance policy, cover your bases Multi! Multi-Basics 3 is a much better comparison!

Edited by e Volution, 13 October 2010 - 11:34 PM.

#24 RighteousReason

• 2,491 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:24 PM

the main differences I see from ortho core are is k1/k2/b6/b12. I'm not sure why niacinamide was chosen over inositol hexanicotinate like in ortho core, I thought the latter was superior. also I saw b5 was different, although i'm not sure of the significance of that. there appears to be significantly less of all the vitamin E's.

otherwise it seems pretty comparable to ortho core (minus the like two dozen other random things ortho core throws in)

I wish someone could do at least a very brief write up on these differences and how they are superior... I have a feeling it's a big deal but it would be some work to go figure it out so I can get enthusiastic

Edited by RighteousReason, 13 October 2010 - 11:26 PM.

• like x 1

#25 Vindex

• 80 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:29 PM

Shame the shipping costs are so high for outside the US :wacko:

#26 Rich D

• 59 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:49 PM

I think everyone should remember this is a very unique Multi-vitamin! Formulated by the best minds in the business and potentially replacing some supplements typically taken separately: Vitamin K2 MK-7, Magnesium, Lutein, Silicon, Choline, Lithium, and possibly even D3 for the non-vampire Immortalist.

Also not happy with one of the ingredients and/or dosages? Start a thread or discussion and if your argument is worth its weight, the next formula may be upgraded!

And $54.99 to $25.00 USD is a great discount, however does ImmInst still get a cut at this discounted price (if any at all)?

ImmInst will certainly benefit from individuals becoming paid registered users in order to get the substantial discount.

#27 nameless

• 2,268 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:58 PM

Last message from me I promise--Looking at the ingredients the closest competitor/comparison is AOR Multi-Basics 3 (not Ortho-Core), however MB3 is only 3 caps/day full dosage. Anyone be bothered doing a rough conversion between the two pricewise? And why is this better than Multi-Basics 3 (I am sure it is)?

I would consider MultiBasics 3 it's nearest competitor also.

As for prices, they are pretty much the same. 180 caps from National Nutrition goes for around $48 or so. With the Imminst discount, it'd be $48 vs $25.

The key difference there is the dosing, of course. Six caps for the Imminst Multi vs three for MultiBasics. And that is a full dose. Looking at partial doses, it's a different story though:

As an example, I typically take one capsule of MultiBasics daily (sometimes two). At one daily, MultiBasics runs me around $9/month. I haven't done a breakdown yet regarding a nutrient comparison vs the Immint multi, but you can see one possible downside to it right away -- you probably won't want to take one daily of the Imminst multi to save money, as then you'll be getting really, really tiny doses of most things.

The Imminst multi does have an advantage as far as MK-7, magnesium. a couple of minerals and some extras, like lutein and lycopene, but I haven't calculated which would be cheaper yet. It may be more cost effective to just take one daily of MultiBasics and buy those other things separately.

The thing that does surprise me about this multi is the number of capsules (and the price). I expected it to be around half the current cost (let's say 25/12.50) with approx 3 daily dosing. Perhaps a future version could be considered that was less expensive, minus some of the bulkier things, like mag or choline, if people seem to prefer that. To be honest, I really don't know how you can market this to non-Imminst people at all... at $55/month supply. I can't see the average person (even if health oriented) considering paying that price.

Edited by nameless, 14 October 2010 - 12:01 AM.

• like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#28 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:17 AM

The thing that does surprise me about this multi is the number of capsules (and the price). I expected it to be around half the current cost (let's say 25/12.50) with approx 3 daily dosing. Perhaps a future version could be considered that was less expensive, minus some of the bulkier things, like mag or choline, if people seem to prefer that. To be honest, I really don't know how you can market this to non-Imminst people at all... at $55/month supply. I can't see the average person (even if health oriented) considering paying that price.

This is exactly how I feel, but you said it better (as often is the case) :)

#29 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:22 AM

Could someone please post the underlying thinking that was used to make the selections made. Most of these discussions will be locked away. I think if this is done, then most people will be happy with the reasoning.

As for how I personally intend to use this multi, I am thinking of doing something like this:

2 x AOR Multibasics caps
2 x Vimmortal caps

On a daily basis. Seems there is a fair bit of overlap and where there isn't I can at least get some of the 'good stuff'. :)

I may even get more adventurous and go with:

1 x AOR Multibasics caps
2 x AOR Orthocore caps
2 x Vimmortal caps

I am also mulling giving my kids 1 Vimmortal cap a day.
  • like x 1

#30 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:34 AM

:~
Thanks for the input guys, It is very important and I find it most interesting for many reasons. Please continue, as we are listening.

Thanks again, the discussion is much appreciated.
:-D

A

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 14 October 2010 - 12:37 AM.

• like x 1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users