• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

10th Seminar on transhumanism / life-extension

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ilia

• Guest, Moderator
  • 614 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:31 AM

Dear friends,

We are delighted to invite you to the 10th meeting / seminar on Transhumanism / Life-extension.

The meeting will take place on Friday, November 5, at 10.00, in Bar Ilan University, Katz building (also known as Moreshet Israel 604 building, in the "Northern" part of the campus, in the "asbestonim" area), third floor, "Seminars Room" (room 309).

The meeting will be dedicated to the subject of singularity and artificial intelligence.

In the program:

10.00 – 11.00 - Anna Salamon (Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence, US) - Transhuman rationality

11.00 – 12.00 – Joshua Fox – Human Intelligence, Artificial Intelligence

12.00 – 13.00 – Sergio Stein – The Basics of Technological Singularity.

The meeting is open and attendance is free

Here is a link to the facebook event:
http://www.facebook....160599100626811

And our site:
http://www.singulariut.com/?p=254

Looking forward!

Ilia

ilia.stambler@gmail.com
  • like x 2

#2 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:05 AM

Looks great. Its great to see the number of conferences making such a show of force this year. It seems like there have been a dozen or more now. If we have any pens and calendars left we should see if Agent can send some on to this conference. Ill send him a message.

#3 Agent

• Life Member
  • 106 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:26 PM

All the pens and calendars were taken by Sven after the Conference, so he probably has most of them - and possibly David has some. I have taken only some 15 calendars for distributing them myself, not planning for any event.

In total there were produced 300 dark blue pens (+10 blue ones, of which David had a few, then gave some to people...); so out of the dark blue 300, please ask Sven how many he has left.

If you wish to make more pens, I can give you contact data to the company that made this set, or I can help arranging the printing again, as it was a Polish company so obviously the best and simplest communication will be in Polish.

Regards the calendars, 1000 copies were printed, so I suspect many left and they are still available; although in case you wish to print more, I also can give you contact to the lady that made them or help in communication in Polish.

Attached File  calendar_pen2.gif   270.32KB   11 downloads Attached File  calendars_pens1.gif   323.97KB   14 downloads
  • like x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 ilia

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 614 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 06:59 AM

Thanks guys!
I wasn’t aware of the pens/calendars availability. Certainly would be cool to have a few to distribute. I am personally considering on wearing the Imminst shirt :)
  • like x 1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users