Photo
- - - - -

Pramiracetam--after 3 days

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 11:36 PM

I'm not even sure I should post this but my 3 day experience agrees with what I have read--I do seem to be getting more things done on this then before. I do have periods like this anyway so no guarantees you will have the same experience.

FYI: I'm not taking any other acetams (yet). Nootropicwise only CDP choline, vinpocetine, and ALCAR (well R-ala and the usual health promoting stuff also).

I only have a 10 day supply (at 2 X 600 mg/day) and need to order more. Anyone know any other sources (Nootropi will Smi2le be getting it in soon assuming he is still in business?) or do I need to order from QHI again?

Thanks.

• Lurker

Posted 08 November 2004 - 10:21 AM

I'm still waiting for someone to get Pramiracetam in bulk, good to see you reacted well to Pram though.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 scottl

• Topic Starter
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 11:15 AM

Did you see the thread on Avant? Go to the 1 fast 400 forum under news and request it. They (Dsade?) said they would get it (anything) if there was enough demand.

BTW given the synergy between nootropics/racetams, I gather I could add some piracetam (the only other acetam I have in the apt) and use less pram?

#4 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 01:09 PM

Did you see the thread on Avant?  Go to the 1 fast 400 forum under news and request it.  They (Dsade?) said they would get it (anything) if there was enough demand.

BTW given the synergy between nootropics/racetams, I gather I could add some piracetam (the only other acetam I have in the apt) and use less pram?

That's funny...I also recall Mr. McClandless and his associates claiming they were going to be carrying several items "according to demand." Where are they?

The price at qhi is outrageous on the pramiracetam. I won't buy pram at that price.

#5 scottl

• Topic Starter
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 05:12 PM

Nooi,

"The price at qhi is outrageous on the pramiracetam"

Ya tis. Cost/benefit. For me the benefit of getting more things done is worth it.

As for bulk, I'll be happy to buy from Smi2le if he can get the pram, and I can be reasonably assured of receiving my order (things do seem to be looking up, but he needs to deal with the outstanding orders).

I have no clue if 1fast can get pram or not. A few of us have requested it and we will see.

#6 matti

• 10 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 11:31 PM

Have you tried using a lower dose? 300 mg seems to be enough for me to notice an increased motivation, but the effect might perhaps become stronger if I increase my dose?

#7 scottl

• Topic Starter
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 12:13 AM

Matti,

Ya I just tried 600 mg a day and it seems to have an effect. Not sure if there is less effect or not. I'll probably keep it at 600 mg because I'm only working this week through Thursday. I'll be at a cabin doing nothing Thu-Sun so I'm going to stop taking it Thursday through late Sunday and I'll try 300 mg then. I"m doing this in case tolerance develops...or does anyone (Nooi? Cosmos? Matti?) think it would have a greater effect if I kept taking it?

#8 matti

• 10 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 06:24 PM

think it would have a greater effect if I kept taking it?

I don't think prolonged use increases the effect of pramiracetam. Now, I haven't used pramiracetam for a very long time yet, but it seems to me that the effect is strongest during the first days when you start taking it. After that the motivating effect seems to be getting weaker?

#9 scottl

• Topic Starter
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 07:37 PM

" it seems to me that the effect is strongest during the first days when you start taking it. "

Ya. So my plan is taking it Sunday afternoon through Thursday morning.

• Lurker

Posted 13 November 2004 - 03:16 AM

matti, it may require cycling to retain this "motivational effect". However I think it's more likely that people simply get used to the effect of pramiracetam and do not notice it as much over time.

Personally, I expercience pronounced mental lethargy when I miss more than a few doses of my nootropic stack.

#11 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 03:29 AM

I tried pramiracetam and found it not to be effective enough to justify paying its outrageous price. The combination I currently take:

500 mg aniracetam twice daily with meals
650 mg oxiracetam twice daily with meals
1000 mg piracetam twice daily with meals

is quite effective and mild. I have been taking this combination for several months with excellent results.

with 800-1000 mg 50% Alpha GPC twice daily with meals, and of course 2 grams essential fatty acids (EPA/DHA, etc).

plus an array of others...

#12 matti

• 10 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 11:33 AM

What made me wonder about pramiracetams efficiency was that after a few days I didn't feel that it was doing much. I started wondering if the effects I had felt at first were just a result of placebo. Then I discontinued the use of pramiracetam for a while.. when I started taking it again, this time combined with an EC-stack, my productivity went trough the roof. First I attributed the effect to the combo of ephedra and caffeine (I still wasn't sure if pramiracetam actually did anything). But then, when I started thinking about it, I realized that I had never felt the same way when using EC before. Again, the feeling of increased motivation lasted for about 2-3 nights. My experiences started to make sense when I read the posts by scott - the thought of a tolerance buildup had never crossed my mind. Probably because most of the information I've been reading about nootropics has emphazied that the substances should be used continually for a long period of time.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#13 scottl

• Topic Starter
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 01:20 PM

If we wanted we could add/increase doses of other racetams during the time we are not taking the pram (to avoid what Cosmos is talking about) but so far after playing around with piracetam for about 5 days I haven't noticed anything. I'll up the dose and if not order some of the other racetams to try...or perhaps I need to give the piracetam longer to work

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users