• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Suggest me a nootropic that improves memory?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kair0s

• 7 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:10 AM

Does anyone know of a good nootropic drug that will improve memory? something proven to work.

I'm 22 years old, I have Fetal alcohol syndrome (my mother drank while she was pregnant), so I don't have a very good memory. I don't wanna have to go through the trouble of finding a doctor, having them test my memory and then finally prescribing me something, so I been looking up nootropic drugs I can buy online. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also has anyone ever heard of Vinpocetine( http://en.wikipedia....iki/Vinpocetine )?

Edited by kair0s, 15 December 2010 - 04:39 AM.

#2 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:23 AM

I suggest Bacopa, Lion's Main, Coconut Oils, lots of greens and blue berrys
Also don't forget Pilicome/Paractam and Choline.

Sleep/Diet and lay off drugs and booz, hope you feel better.
  • like x 2
  • dislike x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Ichoose2live

• 200 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:49 AM

Does anyone know of a good nootropic drug that will improve memory? something proven to work.

I'm 22 years old, I have Fetal alcohol syndrome (my mother drank while she was pregnant), so I don't have a very good memory. I don't wanna have to go through the trouble of finding a doctor, having them test my memory and then finally prescribing me something, so I been looking up nootropic drugs I can buy online. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also has anyone ever heard of Vinpocetine( http://en.wikipedia....iki/Vinpocetine )?

Alpha-GPC: CDP vs GPC - GPC antagonizes scopolamine-induced amnesia and enhances hippocampal cholinergic transmission in the rat.

CDP-choline: CDP for cognitive and behavioural disturbances associated with chronic cerebral disorders in the elderly - Treatment of mild cognitive impairment

Oxiracetam Effects of acute doses of oxiracetam in the scopolamine model of human amnesia - Effects memory-enhancing drugs-- Effects of oxiracetam on learning and memory in animals: comparison with piracetam

Bacopa -- Bacopa improve memory -- Examining the nootropic effects of a special extract of Bacopa monniera

Idebenone A powerful nootropic -- improvements in short-term and long-term memory and attention, with improvements in speech functions, performance of kinesthetic, spatial, and dynamic praxis tests, and in visuospatial gnosis, thought, and writing. - Randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled, multicentre study of idebenone in patients suffering from multi-infarct dementia

Aniracetam - Aniracetam reversed learning and memory deficits - Aniracetam improves radial maze performance in rats.

Pramiracetam - Pramiracetam effects on scopolamine-induced amnesia in healthy volunteers - Placebo-controlled study of pramiracetam in young males
  • like x 7

#4 zm3thod

• 143 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:40 PM

My memory issues aren't related to FAS but for me
"The combination that worked was alternating Jarrow CDP Choline and Alpha GPC when studying or taking a test, occasional low dose 1fast400 piracetam when studying (too erratic for me to risk on tests), and 500mg Doctor's Best ALCAR on waking during the weekdays. "
I'm not sure of the long-term effects (do I remember things better now than if I had never taken anything?), but for that semester it made a big difference.
http://www.imminst.o...123-for-memory/

I tried vinpocetine off and on and never noticed anything consistent from it. You might want to search the forums since I think there are some health concerns associated with it as well

Edited by zm3thod, 15 December 2010 - 07:42 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 kair0s

• Topic Starter
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 03:20 AM

Alpha-GPC: CDP vs GPC - GPC antagonizes scopolamine-induced amnesia and enhances hippocampal cholinergic transmission in the rat.

CDP-choline: CDP for cognitive and behavioural disturbances associated with chronic cerebral disorders in the elderly - Treatment of mild cognitive impairment

Oxiracetam Effects of acute doses of oxiracetam in the scopolamine model of human amnesia - Effects memory-enhancing drugs-- Effects of oxiracetam on learning and memory in animals: comparison with piracetam

Bacopa -- Bacopa improve memory -- Examining the nootropic effects of a special extract of Bacopa monniera

Idebenone A powerful nootropic -- improvements in short-term and long-term memory and attention, with improvements in speech functions, performance of kinesthetic, spatial, and dynamic praxis tests, and in visuospatial gnosis, thought, and writing. - Randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled, multicentre study of idebenone in patients suffering from multi-infarct dementia

Aniracetam - Aniracetam reversed learning and memory deficits - Aniracetam improves radial maze performance in rats.

Pramiracetam - Pramiracetam effects on scopolamine-induced amnesia in healthy volunteers - Placebo-controlled study of pramiracetam in young males

Thanks for the reply. I'd like to try alot of these, but Im also interested in this list of supplements/nootropics http://www.imminst.o...-to-nootropics/

Piracetam
CDPCholine
sulbutiamine or pyritinol
Picamilon
Aniracetam
Lion's Mane
Fish Oil
PhosphatidylSerine
Bacopa

Is there anything in your list that I should mix in this one? I'm looking to improve anything really..attention, brain fog, motivation, cognition, because I also have untreated ADHD-PI/Sluggish cognitive tempo. But improving my memory is my primary focus, since it seems to be my biggest problem.

Edited by kair0s, 16 December 2010 - 03:23 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users