Photo
- - - - -

ALT-711 and chemical smelling bowel movement

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 tornpie

• 56 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 12:41 AM

I recently started taking ALT-711 100 mg bid and it seems like it gives my bowel movements a very chemical smell. Anyone else experience this?

#2 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 06:19 AM

I recently started taking ALT-711 100 mg bid and it seems like it gives my bowel movements a very chemical smell. Anyone else experience this?

Do you know if it's really ALT-711? There's a company selling something that they call alt711, but the name and structure they give for it are wrong.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 pycnogenol

• 1,164 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 03:18 PM

Where did you buy the ALT-711? I would take Chlorophyll for that, ahem, problem. :|o

#4 tornpie

• Topic Starter
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 06:33 PM

Where did you buy the ALT-711? I would take Chlorophyll for that, ahem, problem. :|o

I didn't buy it from s***l*bs. I've gotten stuff from them before though and it's been legit. Used IGF-1 des 1,3, cjc-1293, ghrp-2, hgh 176-191, clenbuterol, t3, arimidex, and finasteride from them before and it's all worked well. I got the alt-711 from u***y p*****e.

I've been using it for over 2 weeks now and the bp seems to be improving significantly. No other notable side effects other than it makes me feel kind of a little more mellow after taking it seems like.

#5 1kgcoffee

• 737 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:39 PM

u***y p*****e?
Anyways, why would you take alt-711. Wasn't it found to be potentially harmful and ineffective in humans?

#6 pycnogenol

• 1,164 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:21 PM

I didn't buy it from s***l*bs. I've gotten stuff from them before though and it's been legit. Used IGF-1 des 1,3, cjc-1293, ghrp-2, hgh 176-191, clenbuterol, t3, arimidex, and finasteride from them before and it's all worked well. I got the alt-711 from u***y p*****e.

I've been using it for over 2 weeks now and the bp seems to be improving significantly. No other notable side effects other than it makes me feel kind of a little more mellow after taking it seems like.

Can you the break this code ----> u***y p*****e <---- into whole words please? :-D

Edited by pycnogenol, 19 December 2010 - 11:22 PM.

#7 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:34 PM

Can you the break this code ----> u***y p*****e <---- into whole words please? :-D

Yeah, don't worry about seeming like a spammer. In this case, a lot of us would be interested in knowing where you found it. Post a link to the exact product, if you have it.

#8 sdxl

• 391 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:55 PM

Found it.

#9 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 05:48 AM

Found it.

Thanks sdxl, much appreciated. I see that Unity Peptide makes the same error in nomenclature that Sten Labs does; they claim that Alagebrium (ALT-711)is "thiazolium chloride". In the world of chemistry, each name maps to a specific molecular structure. "Thiazolium Chloride" is one such structure, but it isn't Alagebrium. Alagebrium is certainly related to thiazolium chloride; it contains a thiazolium group and it has a chloride counterion, but it has other atoms as well. It is a different compound. Sten provided a structural formula. It was a completely wrong molecule. Unity doesn't provide a structural formula at all. I'm not sure if that's better or worse. That makes two providers of ALT-711, and as far as I'm concerned, both are a FAIL. I would want them to tell me exactly what it is, and see a believable CoA at the very least. Since these guys are unknown entities to me, I would want to do some analysis on it myself. Any college organic lab should be equipped to get a melting point and an IR spectrum, for example, though you would need to know someone or have access; otherwise you could probably find a commercial lab that could do something with it. With a thermometer, a sealed glass capillary and some oil, you could probably do a reasonable job getting a melting point in your kitchen. You could at least tell if it was off by 50 degrees.

#10 sapentia

• 94 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:45 PM

Found it.

Thanks sdxl, much appreciated. I see that Unity Peptide makes the same error in nomenclature that Sten Labs does; they claim that Alagebrium (ALT-711)is "thiazolium chloride". In the world of chemistry, each name maps to a specific molecular structure. "Thiazolium Chloride" is one such structure, but it isn't Alagebrium. Alagebrium is certainly related to thiazolium chloride; it contains a thiazolium group and it has a chloride counterion, but it has other atoms as well. It is a different compound. Sten provided a structural formula. It was a completely wrong molecule. Unity doesn't provide a structural formula at all. I'm not sure if that's better or worse. That makes two providers of ALT-711, and as far as I'm concerned, both are a FAIL. I would want them to tell me exactly what it is, and see a believable CoA at the very least. Since these guys are unknown entities to me, I would want to do some analysis on it myself. Any college organic lab should be equipped to get a melting point and an IR spectrum, for example, though you would need to know someone or have access; otherwise you could probably find a commercial lab that could do something with it. With a thermometer, a sealed glass capillary and some oil, you could probably do a reasonable job getting a melting point in your kitchen. You could at least tell if it was off by 50 degrees.

Unity Peptide is the same company as Iron Dragon Research Peptides which is where I procured my ALT-711. When I asked them for a CoA they sent me the attached PDF which should be the same product referenced above. It is from China and the CoA is provided by the manufacturer which I assume means it could be unauthentic. Perhaps they are using shorthand notation since the majority of buyers would not be chemistry literate. I have been taking 50mg/day internally. As to it's efficacy there was considerable research showing positive benefits from it's use. My understanding was that the Alteon ran out of money for pursuing it, and/or it wasn't providing a viable enough condition specific drug. Here is a link to morelife summarizing the research on ALT-711 (dimethyl-3-phenacylthiazolium chloride, aka alagebrium chloride) and related compounds.

Niner, I would interested in your assessment of the attached CoA. I don't personally have the capability to do an IR or melting point but would be happy to send a couple grams to you or someone else who could.

Attached Files

#11 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 05:05 AM

Niner, I would interested in your assessment of the attached CoA. I don't personally have the capability to do an IR or melting point but would be happy to send a couple grams to you or someone else who could.

Well, on the CoA, they gave the CAS number, which does pin the structure down, so at least they claim to be talking about the right molecule. It's a pretty cursory analysis, but if done right it can tell you if things are obviously wrong. The HPLC trace looked kind of funky; the main peak was really wide, clipped and kind of asymmetric. It seems like they overloaded the column, so there might be minor peaks hiding out under the big one. The only melting points I found for alagebrium were from a couple Chinese synthesis companies, both of which said 224-226. These guys say 218-220, and theirs went off at 219-219.4. That's worrying, but I don't know who's right. Six degrees is a big discrepancy. Higher purity results in a higher melting point. The other guys also claim to be dealing with alagebrium chloride, same CAS number. It's a riddle...

#12 tornpie

• Topic Starter
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:56 PM

I've noticed significant and sustained bp improvement. I'm off of my metoprolol and it's even better on the "mystery" ALT-711. I've been coming in at 130-135/80-84 while a few months ago on metoprolol I'd be occasionally 140-145/85-90. Seems like it's really working. The chemical smelling bowel movements are gone or I don't notice them anymore.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#13 SearchingForAnswers

• 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:26 PM

Is you BP improvement holding up?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users