Photo

VIMMORTAL Q & A

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

#1 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:22 PM

This topic is for final discussions about VIMMORTAL including questions as to supply, shipping, dosage, pricing and composition.

Other links:
VIMMORTAL landing page
VIMMORTAL order page at Revgenetics
Various discussions relating to the genesis of VIMMORTAL
VIMMORTAL initial post-launch discussions
Member discount code

This tread is focussed on the existing multivitamin. There may be other, community-designed supplements in the future. This is not the topic for them.
  • like x 1

#2 JediMasterLucia

• 708 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:49 PM

Then i have a question for you: Is it possible that the supplements will be payable with paypal too? I don't have a credit card..

#3 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:14 PM

Is the Folinic acid in Vimmortal racemic or is it the biologically active isomer ?

#4 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:29 PM

Is the Folinic acid in Vimmortal racemic or is it the biologically active isomer ?

It may not matter:

Bull Cancer. 1993 Apr;80(4):357-63.
[l-folinic acid versus racemic folinic acid in the treatment of leukemia in children with high dose of methotrexate].
[Article in French]

Etienne MC, Thyss A, Bertrand Y, Rubie H, Milano G.

Centre Antoine-Lacassagne, Nice, France.
Abstract
Until now, folinic acid (FA) has been available the racemic mixture d1 FA, whose biological activity is supported by natural 1 FA. The purpose of this trial was to compare, on a pharmacokinetic, biological, and clinical basis, the racemic mixture dl FA with the pure 1 FA in the rescue of high-dose methotrexate (MTX) therapy. Eighteen children with acute lymphocytic leukemia (ALL) were entered in this trial planned with a cross-over design. Four cycles of MTX (5 g/m2, 24h CVI) were administered to each patient, with a 2-week interval between cycles. The rescue was achieved orally every 6h, starting 12h after the end of the MTX infusion, at a dose of 12 mg/m2 for dl FA and 6 mg/m2 for pure 1 FA. dl FA and 1 FA rescues were alternated from one cycle to the next. d FA, 1 FA, and the active metabolite 5-methyltetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF) were measured in plasma using a stereospecific HPLC assay. After administration of dl FA, the accumulation of d FA in plasma was confirmed: mean residual concentrations were 420 and 652 nM after 2 and 6 intakes respectively. Total active folate concentrations (1 FA + 5-MTHF) were similar between the two types of rescue: 92 and 100 nM respectively for dl FA rescue and 1 FA rescue after two intakes, 186 and 184 nM respectively for dl FA rescue and 1 FA rescue after six intakes. Intra-individual statistical analysis of total active folates (1 FA + 5-MTHF) performed on 17 patients did not show any significant difference between dl FA rescue and 1 FA rescue. For both types of rescue, MTX terminal half-lives were identical (average value 13.9 h). Considering each type of toxicity (hematologic, hepatic, renal and digestive) there was no significant difference in the proportion of toxic cycles following l FA rescue or dl FA rescue. In conclusion, the administration of the pure l FA, as compared with the administration of the racemic mixture, results in comparable blood profiles of active folates and MTX, and leads to equivalent treatment tolerance.

PMID: 8173189

#5 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:28 PM

This review indicates a subtle difference between the active isomer and the racemic form. It doesn't rise to statistical significance though.
Leucovorin = Folinic Acid.
Levoleucovorin = L-Folinic Acid.

Is levoleucovorin an alternative to racemic leucovorin? A literature review.

Kovoor PA, Karim SM, Marshall JL.

Georgetown University, Washington, DC, USA.
Abstract

PURPOSE: Our purpose is to perform a comprehensive literature review of the use of levoleucovorin in gastrointestinal malignancies and to assess whether levoleucovorin is a reasonable alternative to racemic leucovorin.

DESIGN: This is an extensive literature review of levoleucovorin use in patients with gastrointestinal tract malignancies. Our review revealed 125 citations with abstracts in the English language, including 16 randomized, controlled trials; 40 case studies; and 69 nonrandomized, controlled trials that included 6 pharmacokinetic (PK)/pharmacodynamic studies with 1 population PK study.

RESULTS: Upon our review, there were 2 randomized controlled trials that directly compared racemic leucovorin with levoleucovorin. Goldberg et al noted that there was no statistically significant difference between time to progression (P = .78) and time to death (P = .57). Furthermore, Scheithauer et al again noted no significant difference in terms of response rates (25% vs. 32%; P = .25), median survival time (15 months vs. 14.5 months; P = .28), overall survival at 1 year (58.3% vs. 60.6%; P = .72), and probability of survival at 2 years (15.3% vs. 23%; P = .16). In addition, multiple other studies, including randomized, controlled; nonrandomized, controlled; and case studies, demonstrate similar efficacy and tolerability between the use of racemic leucovorin or levoleucovorin as a modulator of 5-FU.

CONCLUSION: In many studies of patients with gastrointestinal malignancies, levoleucovorin has been used interchangeably and solely for racemic leucovorin for 5-FU modulation. Our literature review demonstrates that levoleucovorin has similar efficacy and tolerability when compared with racemic leucovorin, whether used in combination with other chemotherapeutic agents or alone.

PMID: 19822510

#6 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 07:02 PM

I don't have a credit card..

These days one can buy prepaid credit cards. Would try and google for the country you live.

#7 MentalParadox

• 45 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:56 PM

I have a bit of a dumb question...

I'm not really a fan of taking pills. Can the powder of food supplements be mixed with water and ingested that way? I bought a large batch of Vimmortal and Nitro 250 from RevGenetics but I'm not sure if I can take them like this.

#8 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:21 PM

I have a bit of a dumb question...

I'm not really a fan of taking pills. Can the powder of food supplements be mixed with water and ingested that way? I bought a large batch of Vimmortal and Nitro 250 from RevGenetics but I'm not sure if I can take them like this.

If you can stand the taste, you should be OK.
  • like x 1

#9 Willou

• 39 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:14 AM

I don't see any available for order on the Revgenetics website. Why's that?

#10 Willou

• 39 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 10:16 PM

Apparently there was some maintenance going on. It works now.

#11 redrice

• 3 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:23 PM

Anyone have any experience of getting Vimmortal shipped to Europe? What are the chances I will be expected to pay import duties if I have it auto-shipped one box at a time, once a month?
TIA: Peter

#12 MentalParadox

• 45 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:59 PM

Anyone have any experience of getting Vimmortal shipped to Europe? What are the chances I will be expected to pay import duties if I have it auto-shipped one box at a time, once a month?
TIA: Peter

I just bought a massive batch (enough for the entire year), so I only paid import costs once. If I had done it seperately I would have paid through the roof... Believe me, it's better to buy in large batches, the pills only expire after 1.5 years anyway.

#13 User1000

• 24 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:32 PM

My question about Vimmortal:

What are the differences between Vimmortal and AOR Multibasics-3? Right now I take the AOR vitamin and I'm pretty happy with it. AOR is a brand that I have a great deal of faith in, but their products can be way way over priced.

Is the ingredients of Vimmortal on par or better than the Multibasics-3?

Also to note: I have no problem with RevGenetics, currently I take their NitroMX Resveratrol.

Thanks

#14 garlicknots

• Life Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:18 PM

Hey . . . is there still a discount for members as the link is broken.

Fahd.

#15 luger77

• 7 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:33 PM

Hey . . . is there still a discount for members as the link is broken.

Fahd.

I'm wondering the same thing.

#16 MrHappy

• Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:41 PM

Good idea, however I do have some questions..

How come the ratio of B6 is so out of proportion to the other B group vitamins? B6 is antagonistic to them. Why is there copper in it.. at all? We get enough of that from plumbing. How come there isn't more zinc to supplement the B vitamin absorption and counteract the copper? :)

Edit: damn phone typos (again)

Edited by MrHappy, 12 September 2011 - 10:42 PM.

#17 wolfeye

• 124 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:22 PM

Is there any science behind 24 mcg b12? RDI is 2-3 mcg. Prevent Alzheimer?

Edited by wolfeye, 02 November 2011 - 04:23 PM.

#18 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:27 PM

A new holiday sale for Vimmortal. $29 per bottle. Great price to try it out if you haven't yet!

#19 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:19 AM

A new holiday sale for Vimmortal. $29 per bottle. Great price to try it out if you haven't yet!

It's crazy, $ 29,- for a bottle and 30,- for shipping to Europe, while I usually pay not more then 5 to 10,- for such small parcels from the states.

Actually just received a 25 kg parcel from LEF for € 1700,- including the 50,- for shipping. That's where my money goes..

#20 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:17 PM

What country in europe?

A

#21 nameless

• 2,268 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:04 PM

Took a look at the Vimmortal page, just to see if the formula was still the same, and noticed this line:

'Everyday Nutrition For People, Who's Aim Is A Long Life Without The Risk Of Being Affected By Vitamins In Large Doses That Can Be Harmful Over Time.'

Overlooking the fact it's a rather clunky line, I just wanted to point out the grammar issue/typo --
'whose', not who's. It'd also probably look more professional not to have each word in capitals, and that green border thing doesn't look so great to me. Not sure if that was on purpose or just my browser, but the white bars with text overlapping the green edges makes it look like you badly need a web designer. Again, that could just be a browser issue for me.

#22 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:15 PM

What country in europe?

Austria

#23 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:05 PM

I can activate Austria to get First class shipping, but the drawback is that we can't guarantee it's delivery or have any tracking options. Basically it would be like sticking a bunch of stamps on your package, throwing it in the mail, and crossing our fingers that it will get to you.

The Pros: Low cost of shipping
The Con: It can get lost in the mail, and can't get refunded if it did.

Let me know what you want to do.

Cheers
A

#24 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:59 PM

Thanks nameless. Such grammar mistakes are not always caught. I am glad we have alert forum participants such as yourself to keep things in check. Please feel free to offer any other suggestions to make things look and read a little better on the various Longecity pages (or related web pages). You can point out errors or design faux pas in Forum Suggestions. Or you can send me a private message.

Edited by Mind, 19 December 2011 - 09:01 PM.

#25 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:28 PM

Thanks, would be great if that is possible. Though now having made use a lot of year-end discounts, at the moment I'm totally broken. :wacko:
Will gladly use your offer in a few months time.

The damage from losing a shipment without any tracking option can be minimized by frequently ordering only small amounts. Also because import taxes double above 150,- Euros. And practically no shipment was lost during a bid more than the 2 years I dared to import supplements from the states - about 20 orders this year alone.

A much greater danger in my case is Austrian customs, which arbitrarily considers some supps as medicine, which beside being confiscated, punished with hefty fines up to 3600,- Euros for a first time offender!!!
Though being fined takes its time: for one bottle of TMG worth 10 bucks I waited 1 year for the verdict of having to pay a 230,- Euro fine (or 1 1/2 day imprisonment with bankruptcy :ph34r:). Now let's see how long my appeal will take..

Therefore this is a much greater and more damaging risk I take with ordering supps from the states anyway.

Thanks again for your flexibility,

#26 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:40 PM

Such grammar mistakes are not always caught. I am glad we have alert forum participants such as yourself to keep things in check.

Well that was embarrassing...
:blush:

I think it has been corrected.

A

#27 orbital

• 39 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:28 AM

• I'd probably be using Vimmortal if it were cost effective for me to get it to the UK without having to buy huge quantities per order, but the extra taxes incurred by any package over a value of 15gbp plus the $30 shipping for small orders mean that I'd have to pay $60 just to receive the package.

#28 technetium

• 43 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:22 PM

Sadly the UK's import tax is like every other tax in this country, so excessive it actually stifles trade/commerce. The Inland Revenue Service/HMRC actually put such high taxes on products that they actually loose money in the long run due to a drop off in trade, this is why the UK is a sinking ship.

That said, might there be a way that Imminst can look at using a EU based distributor for this product as there is clearly a market for it? Bulk freight deliveries to one member state to act as a Euro distributor is bound to be significantly cheaper.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users