Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

President Obama Uses Modafinil

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Moddy2012

• 83 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:20 PM

If Modafinil is such a bad drug, why does the President of the United States use it? Yes President Obama uses Modafinil.
http://www.thedailyb...e-mystery-drug/

#2 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:41 PM

If Modafinil is such a bad drug, why does the President of the United States use it? Yes President Obama uses Modafinil.

They are issued to Navy pilots for long missions. The pilots call them "tic-tacs".

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:01 PM

They are issued to Navy pilots for long missions. The pilots call them "tic-tacs".

Also Amphetamines.

#4 Moddy2012

• Topic Starter
  • 83 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:37 PM

I have been looking for a med that would help me focus but would not have the issues of Adderall or other amphetamines. I have to say Modafinil is a wonder drug for focus and concentration. I work and go to school at the same time, often do not get a decent night's rest and the medication helps me perform as if I gotten a good night's sleep.

#5 longevitynow

• 266 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:37 AM

I bet he uses both Ambien and Modafanil. They are both pretty safe, especially for occasional use. I think staying up for 36 hours, with or without Modafanil, is a really bad idea. While it may not be as harsh as amphetamines on the adrenals and HPA axis, staying up that long is a huge strain on the adrenals and your body will pay for it. For me, a short nap (20 minutes to 2 hours) will rejuvenate my body and brain far more than any stimulant, with a lot fewer side effects. On the other hand I am sure the president is frequently subjected to extreme stress which may require an occasional Ambien to get to sleep. Likewise, he needs to be sharp either very late at night or after only a few hours of sleep or even when ill. So Modafanil can make him and other world leaders sharp when they really need to be. I'm sure both agents and many more with much worse side effects are use by many, if not most, world leaders. Heck, he likes nicotine, which as gum is pretty safe as a mild stimulant (unless maybe you were previously addicted to it). There are many rumors that "W" didn't take nearly enough cognitive enhancers...

#6 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:07 AM

Maybe Margaret Thatcher was on the same thing, she only slept for 4 hours each night. Sleeping she said, was for wimps.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 ultranaut

• 130 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:38 PM

I've read amphetamine use has been common among political, military, and business leaders since at least the WW2 era. I know ambien was extremely popular in the US government during the Bush-era, maybe not with Bush himself, but certainly among his top staff.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users