- - - - -

Piracetam and Brain Fog

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 fql

• 146 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 10:04 PM

Okay, hi... let me start off to state a few things about me:
I've want to say I have ADHD-PI (ADHD w/out Hyperactivity). I've never feel fully wake, never in the zone, never get headaches, and I'm the type of guy that it's painful to focus. I'll double write words in papers, end up getting 20 points off tests because of silly mistakes, and always forget even after I go back 2 or 3 times and still forget(to get something).
Playing music and counting is impossible for me. I'm just unable to count and play.
I go to sleep around 12:30 am but even if I do go earlier I feel the same in the morning.
I've tried taking caffeine pills (only 200mg) per dosage. It does absolutely nothing except give me constipation.
I've taken some workout pills filled with Geranium, it definitely helps me think but I know it's not good at all for me; feels like I'm on Coke.
(http://www.amazon.co...00225929&sr=8-1)

Recently I purchased Piracetam and Choline Bitartrate, been taking it for 5 days and it seems to working but I still feel empty headed. The Piracetam has given me these effects:
Life seems more colorful. I would never be that guy to say, "OMG what a beautiful day" but now everything seems nicer.
*Sometimes music sounds crispier and generally just better, very enjoyable to listen too.
Vivid dreams, I actually remembered my past few dreams.
Peeing more. Not too sure why but when I'm in class from 8:00am to 3:30pm I usually go to the restroom at before @ 7:30 and then @ 3:45. Now it seems like I every 3 hours naturally.
Lightheadedness. It seems like the Piracetam is working but I still feel empty in the head. I guess it's brainfog? No idea.
More energetic, but wouldn't be called energetic.
Feel GREAT in the mornings for about 30 minutes.
Slightly better speech, nothing too amazing.
More Creative.

I'm not so sure what I should do, raise the dosage? Take it more often, take more choline? I remember someone saying that you need to load Piracetam for 2 weeks before you feel it's full affect is this true? It seems like I'm not getting the full effect.

On another note I've edited this thread at least 5 times to fix basic grammar mistakes, and I'm on piracetam when I was and am writing this.

Edited by juryben, 15 March 2011 - 10:26 PM.

#2 caruga

• 514 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:59 AM

Seeing how individual peoples interactions are I'd go by your gut feeling, using what other people say as just a guideline rather than list of rules. It helps though if you say how much piracetam and choline you have been dosing x how often, when you ask whether to modify the dosage.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Justchill

• 315 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:01 AM

I've stopped using the piracetam, and I still experience some brain fog, like someone is putting pressure on my head... Will this go away?

#4 PharmD

• 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:00 PM

I've stopped using the piracetam, and I still experience some brain fog, like someone is putting pressure on my head... Will this go away?

Hey. Did it ever go away for you? I'm having the same problem. I was on piracetam for 1 month and stopped it suddenly. Now I feel like I can't do anything (driving, writing, thinking). It fucked up my brain.

#5 Justchill

• 315 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:53 PM

hi,

don't worry, it will get better. It took about 2 weeks to get back to the old state. Maybe the fog was caused by using choline. Just cycle the racetams.

cheers.

#6 GhostBuster

• 107 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:01 PM

I have used piracetam 5 g/day for two days now and what I feel is the following:
- slight nausea
- brain fog
- lower scores in lumosity (brain) games
- slight pressure in frontal lobe, maybe

At the begining I felt the backround noise to be stronger than normal, but that could have been accidental. I also take 300 mg Alpha GPC and 1200 mg lecithin, have taken for some time.

Will this go away or do I need to make some adjustments or quit piracetam?

I guess one possible explanation is "so it is rational to conclude that the brain fog come from glutamatergic stimulation. The Racetams have higher affinity on the glutamate receptors than the ACh."

http://www.longecity...iracetam-redux/

In that case, what is the antidote?

Edited by GhostBuster, 02 March 2012 - 02:01 PM.

#7 SuperjackDid_

• 528 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:30 PM

Try HyperSpace suggestion in this thread
http://www.longecity...nefits-from-it/

if Racetams have higher affinity on the glutamate receptors then Glutamic acid might really importance ,it may get depleted and body need to replenishment .

#8 Timothy

• 66 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:40 AM

I use a single dose of Siberian Ginseng a day which "seems" (skeptic) to ensure I don't get brain fog. Not sure if anyone else has tried this. I started taking it for its immune system benefits. There was a thread on some of the forums talking about brain fog and adrenal glands, etc. I am not convinced with their arguments however the S.G. seems to play/support the adrenal system so maybe there is something there. (http://en.wikipedia....ccus_senticosus) I'm still a skeptic because I might just have become more tolerant to piracetam after 5 years of use but if it does anything for you i'd be interested.

#9 GhostBuster

• 107 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:06 PM

Thanks for advices. I have lowered my piracetam dose + I'm taking L-theanine now. I don't feel brain fogged anymore, but can't tell yet if there is any nootropic progress. I noticed that piracetam seemed to help me to fall asleep so maybe the dose was too big.

#10 researcher2016

• 4 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 03:08 AM

ok i just came across this thread. i had no concern with piracetam  before this thread , now i'm doubtful.  

i came across this nootropic advise site for formulation experiment. and piracetam was one ingredient amongst others like alpha gpc , lion's mane, gingko bilbo, fish oil and multivitamin.  

not really concerned about the other ingredients.

i have some small doubt on alpha gpc. but the most concern now is with piracetam.  

to add further confusion ,two advise site give big range difference. one said morning dose 4.8 g and noon 4.8 g.  but another one said daily total is 4.8 g and single dose should be 1600 mg. big difference ranges.

what do folks here think?

and i recall brain fog mention a few times and been wondering if this is withdrawal symptoms like coffee.  if that is the case, its not that big a deal. coming from coffee experience, i had brain fog from  withdrawal and it goes away after coffee. i never quit coffee but heard can take months to quit dependency. and heard some said they never felt same again.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#11 psychejunkie

• 205 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 04:14 AM

To whom who concerns,

I also have ADD (ADHD without Hyperactivity as an adult) and tried Ritalin along with Sertraline for some months but nothing really changed except I lost my own abilities of staying focused after months of practicing certain kind of Meditation.

something that really helped me was learning to practice certain cognitive technique of remembering stuff by separating the subject/object's details,

you can find the better description there at:

http://www.learningideas.me.uk/memory/

it might be unrelated to attention/working-memory at first glance, and I was thought so. but after few days my attention and ability to recall simple/small stuff was improved!

stupid mistakes reduced, recalling work-flow/tasks increased.

try it.

Edited by psychejunkie, 19 September 2016 - 04:15 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users