- - - - -

Vyanse/ Adderall vs. Nootropics stack

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 egokiller

• 4 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:50 PM

Greetings all,

I've been reading everything on this forum concerning nootropics; getting aquainted with the awesome science. However, I have not been able to find reports/experiences of how people would say a Nootropics stack compares to use of amphetamines. I was diagnosed with ADD in the fall and began taking vyanse. I don't use it recreationally and only take the amount prescribed. It has really helped with my planning and focus. I now eat healthy (plenty of protein with this stuff), got back into exercising (3x week cardio/ 3x weights 1x yoga) and seriously decreased my caffine intake (green tea 2x week as apposed to coffee all day). Yet here are my issues:

1. Vyanse is a narcotic and I've seen the threads on amphetamine neurotoxicity
2. Still a bad connotation for people with ADD that take stimulant medication.
3. Do I really want to be on a controlled substance for the rest of my life? I'm trying to be a surgeon.

Now, I'm not feeble minded so I am began looking into Piracetam (no I will not take any whle on vyvanse) and want to know if I am missing out. Maybe not specifically with Piracetam but Nootropics in generally.
I can focus like crazy on vyvanse and memorize very well, but my linear thinking/ problem solving has really decreased. Not to mention after 12hrs of being awake I'm toast- I must get all my work done by 7pm or it won't be done. The doctor wants to add a instant release adderall later in the day, but c'mon that sound risky. If I exercise around 5pm I get the energy to get me through the night but no focus or desire to get anything done.

Has anyone been on ADHD medications and Nootropics at seperate times in their life? How do they compare in terms of focus, memory, problem solving, and energy?
Should I come off the vyanse after this semester and switch? Or add things to my current regimen?

Thanks for the help guys.
Egokiller

#2 cancellationstation

• 9 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:59 AM

Greetings all,

I've been reading everything on this forum concerning nootropics; getting aquainted with the awesome science. However, I have not been able to find reports/experiences of how people would say a Nootropics stack compares to use of amphetamines. I was diagnosed with ADD in the fall and began taking vyanse. I don't use it recreationally and only take the amount prescribed. It has really helped with my planning and focus. I now eat healthy (plenty of protein with this stuff), got back into exercising (3x week cardio/ 3x weights 1x yoga) and seriously decreased my caffine intake (green tea 2x week as apposed to coffee all day). Yet here are my issues:

1. Vyanse is a narcotic and I've seen the threads on amphetamine neurotoxicity
2. Still a bad connotation for people with ADD that take stimulant medication.
3. Do I really want to be on a controlled substance for the rest of my life? I'm trying to be a surgeon.

Now, I'm not feeble minded so I am began looking into Piracetam (no I will not take any whle on vyvanse) and want to know if I am missing out. Maybe not specifically with Piracetam but Nootropics in generally.
I can focus like crazy on vyvanse and memorize very well, but my linear thinking/ problem solving has really decreased. Not to mention after 12hrs of being awake I'm toast- I must get all my work done by 7pm or it won't be done. The doctor wants to add a instant release adderall later in the day, but c'mon that sound risky. If I exercise around 5pm I get the energy to get me through the night but no focus or desire to get anything done.

Has anyone been on ADHD medications and Nootropics at seperate times in their life? How do they compare in terms of focus, memory, problem solving, and energy?
Should I come off the vyanse after this semester and switch? Or add things to my current regimen?

Thanks for the help guys.
Egokiller

Can you explain what you mean by a decrease in "linear thinking and problem solving"?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users