• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

What is good for cartilage regeneration in hips?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Luminosity

• 2,000 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:26 AM

Hello, I'm new. There sure are a lot of smart people on this forum. I hope to get some good feedback on what supplements, or other means you would recommend to regenerate cartilage in hip joints.

I'm currently taking
MSM, Source Naturals or Jarrow brand
Truly Natural vitamin C powder
Jarrowsil silicon
Neocell Collagen type 2
StimTein Bone Morphogenic Proteins

I feel that all of them are helping me except possibly the last one.

What do you think?

I don't have a home computer so please forgive any delay in responding.

Thanks.

Edited by Luminosity, 15 May 2011 - 06:27 AM.

#2 JLL

• 2,192 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 10:25 AM

Not sure about regenerating, but I wrote about a few studies showing green tea protects cartilage from arthritis:

Green Tea Protects Cartilage from Arthritis in Vitro

Green Tea Protects from Arthritis in Rats

Green Tea Protects from Bone Loss in Female Rats

In the comment sections someone also mentioned having good results with Collagen type 2.

To book this BIOSCIENCE ad spot and support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above) - click HERE.

#3 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 01:41 PM

From my basic layman's perspective and anecdotal evidence, there is not currently a substance/supplement on the market that can regenerate cartilage, only protect what you have and prevent further rapid decline. Our best hope for cartilage and connective tissue regeneration will be a future combination of, stem cell therapy, hormones, and tissue engineering.

Consider sticking with the supplements that work for you and using the few left-over dollars to support research projects funded by Longecity, SENS, and other organizations that are laying the ground work for real regeneration. Not only could you end up helping your own health, but that of untold numbers of future generations.

#4 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:00 PM

You might want to try eating some gelatin. To be precise 2-6 packets/tbsp per day of unflavored gelatin.
I have found it to be good for my back pain ...

#5 Lufega

• 1,810 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:17 PM

I had a painful click in my right shoulder that went away after I started ecdysterone. (The pain went away, the click is less noticeable but not completely gone, yet.) I tried it after reading this article. I used high doses of everything out there to repair cartilage and nothing else made a difference.

Ecdysterone repairs cartilage in joints

At the end of the three months the Germans examined the rats' knee joints. They saw that the cartilage in the rats that had been given ecdysterone had grown. Where bones are in contact with each other, in a joint, they are covered with a layer of cartilage. Ecdysterone thickens this layer.

edit: I sound like spam :laugh:

Edited by Lufega, 15 May 2011 - 06:22 PM.

#6 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:38 AM

Thanks everyone. I think I will try the ecdysterone thing. Any recommendations as to brand?

To book this BIOSCIENCE ad spot and support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above) - click HERE.

#7 Lufega

• 1,810 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:54 AM

Thanks everyone. I think I will try the ecdysterone thing. Any recommendations as to brand?

I purchased sci fit, ecdysterone 300 from either bodybuilding or amazon. Can't remember.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users