Photo
- - - - -

NOOPEPT vs. Cerebrolysin?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 HenryHH

• 83 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 01:28 AM

I am interested in ordering and taking either NOOPEPT or Cerebrolysin with the objective of improving memorization capabilities. I am a pre-medical student (actually just earned my biology degree in December), and if there's one recurring theme I have noticed during the last 4 years of college, it's that my memory is weak. In classes that require memorizing of volumes of material (e.g., biology, biochemistry, etc.), I have always been "that guy" who has to start studying his notes at least a week before the test, and even though I might spend 4-5 hours in one night-rote memorizing a particular half-page or so of notes, I almost always wake up the next morning having retained only ~15% of the material I thought I memorized. Consequently, I normally end up studying and memorizing INTENSELY for at least a week prior to a test to ensure that the all the information in my notes "sticks" enough for me to make an A. Conversely, most of my classmates who earn A's on tests in the same classes don't need to start studying more than 1-2 days ahead of time, and they tend to earn higher A's than I do (e.g., they would earn a 99 versus my 91).

Has anyone tested the memory-improvement capabilities of both NOOPEPT and Cerebrolysin relative to each other and can offer their opinion as to which drug confers the greatest benefit? I'm leaning towards selecting NOOPEPT because I would prefer taking a drug sublingually rather than intramuscularly, but if I'm more likely to realize a benefit from Cerebrolysin, I'll just put up with the needles.
  • like x 1

#2 IanA87

• 24 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 02:36 AM

I can't say anything about NOOPEPT or Cerebrolysin (although I'd definitely be interested in trying Cereb. intranasally), but I can tell you that rote memorization of a huge amount of material is extremely inefficient. You should look up and practice several mnemonic techniques. I used these during college and was quite a successful student. I would not have been had I relied on rote memorization, that is certain.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 HenryHH

• Topic Starter
  • 83 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:06 AM

I definitely do use mnemonics (I agree that memorizing lots of information would be impossible without using them), but even when using them, it seems like hardly any information sticks in my memory. This is especially the case when each word in the mnemonic has its own definition or series of phrases that has to be memorized in addition to the original mnemonic (I.e., having to memorize complete sentences and phrases PLUS the mnemonic). Maybe I'm exhibting symptoms of some kind of vitamin/mineral deficiency? BTW, before anyone suggests that I exercise, I do a healthy amount of cardio every day plus weight training about 3 days/week. I can't even seem to find a link through Google to a store to purchase intranasal Cerebrolysin, though...

#4 IanA87

• 24 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:17 AM

I don't know where to purchase intranasal either. I'm not sure such a route even exists for Cerebrolysin. It would be nice, because I'm not prepared to inject myself :P.

#5 Colli

• 59 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:24 AM

I don't know where to purchase intranasal either. I'm not sure such a route even exists for Cerebrolysin. It would be nice, because I'm not prepared to inject myself :P.

AFAIK, there is no such thing as intranasal Cerebrolysin. I think the OP may actually be thinking of Semax, a peptide-based agent which is delivered intranasally.

#6 bdoris

• 101 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:48 AM

AFAIK, there is no such thing as intranasal Cerebrolysin. I think the OP may actually be thinking of Semax, a peptide-based agent which is delivered intranasally.

Hmm, reminds me that I've received a reply from the Austrian international pharmacy

We can offer:

Cerebrolysin 5ml 5 ampoules for Euro 29,95

Cerebrolysin 10ml 5 ampoules for Euro 47,80

Shipping costs to Belgium are Euro 14,-.

Payment is possible with credticard or by bank transfer.

We would need a valid prescription please.

I'm not sure if the doctor would make a prescription for a product that isn't even available in my country, nor if the prescription would be valid internationally. :/

Is it possible to get a prescription on-line, otherwise?

#7 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:53 AM

I took NOOPEPT for about a month and found it up lifting.

I'm still looking foreword to getting Cerebrolysin some day. I still haven't found the right source for the right price, very expensive for the good stuff.
  • like x 1

#8 Bentonite

• 33 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:40 PM

I took NOOPEPT for about a month and found it up lifting.

I'm still looking foreword to getting Cerebrolysin some day. I still haven't found the right source for the right price, very expensive for the good stuff.

Can you elaborate about Noopept?

#9 HenryHH

• Topic Starter
  • 83 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:08 PM

Colli is right; I was thinking of Semax, not Cerebrolysin. Looks like I should have made the thread title "NOOPEPT vs. Semax."

So between NOOPEPT and Semax, has anyone compared the two in regards to memory improvement?

#10 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:56 AM

Colli is right; I was thinking of Semax, not Cerebrolysin. Looks like I should have made the thread title "NOOPEPT vs. Semax."

So between NOOPEPT and Semax, has anyone compared the two in regards to memory improvement?

I've tried Semax, its nice but I felt it gave me more focus then memory boost.

#11 AldousSnow

• 34 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:56 AM

The injection is really not a big deal. I was really worried about it before I tried it, but now its second nature.

That Austrian pharmacy has really good prices, damn the prescription requirement. There was a Mexican doctor posting on here, it would be great if he could give prescriptions over the phone. It would save a lot of money for cerebro users.

What Cerebro needs is more sellers and more competition to bring the price down. The price is artificially high.

There is no good source for 10ml ampoules right now, and I found 10ml to be the much better dose.

#12 REBUILDER

• 77 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:48 PM

I have not been able to find any reports on anyones results with Cerebrolysin. What does it do for healthy individuals who do not have alzheimers?

#13 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:55 PM

damn this stuff is expensive. 10 gram for almost 50 bucks. How much of this are you meant to take a day?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#14 Gamerzneed

• 71 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:03 PM

I have not been able to find any reports on anyones results with Cerebrolysin. What does it do for healthy individuals who do not have alzheimers?

read through the cerebrolysin thread
http://www.longecity...1-cerebrolysin/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users