Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

DO NOT USE CREST PRO HEALTH MOUTHWASH

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 cathological

• 112 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 03:31 PM

This poison stained my teeth brown before I even used up the small 500ml bottle. One tooth has something bizarre going on with it like this shit is starting to errode the tooth away. I had perfect teeth before this, never had a cavity in my life. I wasn't sure if it was this mouthwash so I searched online just now and can't believe how horrible all the reviews are of this product on amazon.com. Everyone has the same problem and wants to sue procter & gamble's ass over this. Many people lost their sense of taste.

http://www.amazon.co...howViewpoints=0

I can't believe this shit is still on the market. I can't believe it ever got past the FDA.
  • Good Point x 1

#2 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 03:57 PM

Thanks for pointing this out. I had an old bottle which I haven't used in a while.

I always do a fair bit of research whenever I buy anything online, but way less on store bought stuff.

Edited by rwac, 21 May 2011 - 03:58 PM.

#3 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 04:42 PM

I hope you do sue the company and donate the money to Aubrey.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 ChooseAName

• 29 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 03:28 PM

This poison stained my teeth brown before I even used up the small 500ml bottle. One tooth has something bizarre going on with it like this shit is starting to errode the tooth away. I had perfect teeth before this, never had a cavity in my life. I wasn't sure if it was this mouthwash so I searched online just now and can't believe how horrible all the reviews are of this product on amazon.com. Everyone has the same problem and wants to sue procter & gamble's ass over this. Many people lost their sense of taste.

http://www.amazon.co...howViewpoints=0

I can't believe this shit is still on the market. I can't believe it ever got past the FDA.

Yeah, this stained my teeth also before the first bottle was done. The good news is that the stains will come off.

#5 cathological

• Topic Starter
  • 112 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 04:50 PM

How long did it take for the stains to come off your teeth?

#6 lunarsolarpower

• 1,323 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:44 PM

Sorry about your incident cathological. My guess would be that one professional cleaning should remove the stains unless the staining actually extends internal to the teeth. I'm not a fan of the Pro-health line. I'm pretty sure it was developed by the marketing department - just look at all the claims on the label. If you're going to use Crest toothpaste I recommend sticking with the basic kind. Actually for many people I recommend avoiding toothpaste altogether.

Toothpastes all contain abrasive grit. If you are an aggressive brusher or have softer teeth you can eventually wear the teeth down especially near the gum line. Switch to using a fluoride containing mouthwash while you brush instead of toothpaste to avoid this wear.

#7 ChooseAName

• 29 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:32 AM

Sorry about your incident cathological. My guess would be that one professional cleaning should remove the stains unless the staining actually extends internal to the teeth. I'm not a fan of the Pro-health line. I'm pretty sure it was developed by the marketing department - just look at all the claims on the label. If you're going to use Crest toothpaste I recommend sticking with the basic kind. Actually for many people I recommend avoiding toothpaste altogether.

Toothpastes all contain abrasive grit. If you are an aggressive brusher or have softer teeth you can eventually wear the teeth down especially near the gum line. Switch to using a fluoride containing mouthwash while you brush instead of toothpaste to avoid this wear.

Yeah, sorry I didn't respond earlier. One professional cleaning removed them.

#8 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:51 AM

Wow, way to wreck a brand! The people responsible for this garbage should be fired posthaste. Truly unbelievable. I used this stuff to soak my bite guard, and it left gross stains on it. I had no idea it would stain teeth too.

#9 cathological

• Topic Starter
  • 112 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 05:43 AM

I went to the dentist a week or so ago and yes they were able to get the stains off easily with their equipment. They didn't seem to think it was a big deal which maybe for them it isn't. Still I'll never use a crest product again. Once this stuff stains your teeth it will not come off with anything less than a profesional cleaning at a dentist. I tried to get it off for 2 months and it did not get any better at all. It even got Niner! Do not use this product people it really is that bad. The weird thing to me is that this product has been on the market for years and years now.
  • Good Point x 1

#10 dustinw

• Guest, F@H
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:11 PM

I had the same experience with the store-brand version. It's the active ingredient, cetylpyridinium chloride, that's in all the alcohol-free mouthwashes. How this product is allowed to be sold is beyond me.

#11 threshold

• 11 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 05:14 PM

I've been using this for over a year and have no stains.
  • Agree x 1

#12 cathological

• Topic Starter
  • 112 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:28 AM

I've been using this for over a year and have no stains.

It may be possible some percentage of people have teeth that don't happen to stain with this product. I don't know. What I was told by my dentist is if you brush very well within a short time frame after you use the mouthwash (a matter of hours) stains will not develop as they have not yet hardened onto your teeth. So if you're confident in this mouthwash do this experiment: Use the mouthwash and do not brush your teeth afterwards in the morning and at night for a day. Do that a few times over the course of a month or so. And come back and tell me if your teeth are or are not permanently stained. On occasion I just use mouthwash at a random time of the day because I feel like it whatever the reason may be. If you do that BAM permanent ugly brown stains until your next visit to the dentist.

Also why do you think they put in small print on the back of the bottle that it may stain your teeth? They're trying to cover their ass. Go look, that's what it says and that's what it does. Name one other mouthwash that has such a warning on the bottle. Do you deny they have that warning on the bottle?

#13 Boolean

• 95 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 12:10 AM

I've been using this for quite some time now, but no stannous fluoride stains. No loss of taste, from what I can tell either. I never just use it by itself but only when I brush my teeth. And yeah I have read that label a few times and wondered if I would get stains.

Anyway.. wow that sucks. huh.

#14 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 December 2020 - 07:53 AM

I think your mouth has a natural mechanism of its own, when there is food stuck in teeth your mouth produce more saliva or something like enzyme on that area so the food falls off into mouth and you feel it so then swallow it of spit out, to avoid bacteria feeding off it and growing.

Edited by kurdishfella, 15 December 2020 - 07:53 AM.

#15 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 July 2021 - 07:58 PM

Just eat more veggies and less meat or different like fish for bad breath issues. etc

Edited by kurdishfella, 25 July 2021 - 08:43 PM.

• Disagree x 1

#16 frederickson

• 281 posts

Posted 23 August 2021 - 12:38 PM

Just eat more veggies and less meat or different like fish for bad breath issues. etc

agree regarding the lack of need for mouthwash, but meat has absolutely nothing to do with bad breath. it is certainly not any more culpable than many vegetables (particularly allium vegetables), which cause bad breath in most people who consume them.

#17 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 June 2022 - 01:23 AM

when there is food stuck in teeth your mouth produce more saliva or something like 

And your mouth produces  bacteria or uses up good bacteria to break it down. In the future hopefully we can make it so no food will stick to your teeth and get stuck. And we will have the optimal eating pattern and diets personalized for each person.

Edited by kurdishfella, 10 June 2022 - 01:25 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users