July 2011 VIP Outreach

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:23 AM

Team Guidelines

a. Snail mail and/or phone gain points by posting the name of the person they are sending the letter to, the letter they are sending, and a verification when it is sent. The posts must be made in this topic.

With phone the person must post the name of the person they are going to call, post what they are going to say, and then post what the people on the phone said when they are done.

b. Email gains a person points when they do the same as with snail mail.

snailmail/phone
minimum= 1 contact
active=3 contacts
extraordinary=at the discretion of the team leader

email
minimum= 1
active=3
extraordinary=at the discretion of the team leader

#2 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:24 PM

I wrote to the director (I think also the writer and producer) of Transcendent Man, Barry Ptolemy. I asked him if he would be interested in doing an interview, and told him Ill send him a copy of SCOD if he's interested. I also told him that we have the Exploring Life Extension Documentary.

#3 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 01:21 AM

The outreach got through again. We interviewed Mr. Ptolemy on the Longecity Now show. http://www.longecity...-barry-ptolemy/

I went and watched that movie, and I noticed what might have been another outreach success in the movie. There was a live broadcasted discussion in the interludes at the theater. The panel included people like Ptolemy, Steve Wozniak, Ray, Deepak Chopra, Michiu Kaku, Dean Kamen and a few others. We contacted Steve in the past and he told us that he wasnt into indefinite life extension and that he thought his life was fine the way it was, in a nice sort of way. Then up on the screen he said that he used to think he didnt want indefinite life extension but that now he thinks he probably wants to see if he cant stay alive until the singularity at the least. I think that could be a score by the Outreach team. We may have gotten him to think about it more, and come to, or move toward his new conclusion, maybe.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users