• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

How has our Google PageRank changed over time?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 InquilineKea

• 773 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:56 AM

And what can we do to improve it?

#2 e Volution

• 937 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:14 AM

Google updates PageRank a few times per year. Typically any popular website will incrementally increase in PageRank over time...

There are a bunch of "levers" you can manipulate to try increase your PageRank, but the legitimate method LongeCity is doing already: Keep adding good popular content so you get more visitors and people linking to your site from other places on the net.

#3 e Volution

• 937 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:18 AM

And what can we do to improve it?

More content is key. Start putting more focus into getting members to create blogs and wiki articles on the site

#4 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:31 AM

I've also heard that search engines down-ding slow websites.

#5 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:58 PM

I encourage people to add key words to stuff as much as they can. When you tell somebody about something, or upload a picture or anything then add good key words like Longecity, the new longevity, indefinite life extension, unlimited lifespans, health, research funding, longevity conference, etc, whatever fits best, and more than 2. Then of course in other places never pass up a legitimate opportunity to link to this website.

I like this topic and hope more insight comes through here too.

#6 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 12:15 AM

They won't even have to down-ding us; if we don't fix our slowness problem, users will just leave and new content will leave with them. I think our current performance problems are a real threat to our relevance, and should be our number one priority. I'm glad that you're on it, rwac.

#7 Athanasios

• 2,616 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 12:32 AM

They won't even have to down-ding us; if we don't fix our slowness problem, users will just leave and new content will leave with them. I think our current performance problems are a real threat to our relevance, and should be our number one priority. I'm glad that you're on it, rwac.

Just to let you all know, google speed test for this page is showing that you are not using CSS sprites, and recommends up to 40 images, a lot of round trips. It also says that you are not using browser caching for an overwhelming majority of images. These are must do.
  • like x 2

#8 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 02:49 AM

Just to let you all know, google speed test for this page is showing that you are not using CSS sprites, and recommends up to 40 images, a lot of round trips. It also says that you are not using browser caching for an overwhelming majority of images. These are must do.

Now it's so slow that google speed test says "The website specified cannot be reached".

#9 AgeVivo

• Guest, Engineer
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 08:11 PM

Hi rwac! Bravo for your efforts. The website is fast for me. I'm using google chrome; very standard configuration. Perhaps it's a question of browser?

Edited by AgeVivo, 06 August 2011 - 08:12 PM.

#10 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:57 PM

Hi rwac! Bravo for your efforts. The website is fast for me. I'm using google chrome; very standard configuration. Perhaps it's a question of browser?

I don't think so, tried chrome too. The issue is the long delay when it's connected to longecity.org, before the page starts loading. It's several (10?) seconds, and likely due to queuing in mysql.

#11 AgeVivo

• Guest, Engineer
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 05:49 PM

Hi yes later I got slow pages and indeed i think it is a mysql issue
Here are suggestions to try to accelerate the website: http://www.longecity...iew__getnewpost (engineer forum). Let me know what you think there.
Best
AV

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users