Interview with Barry Ptolemy

transcendent man barry ptolemy singularity ray kurzweil audio

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:47 PM

As you know, the worldwide release of "Transcendent Man" a documentary about Ray Kurzweil is occurring this Wednesday, August 3rd. I will (universe willing) be interviewing Barry Ptolemy, the director of the movie, on Tuesday August 2nd. I hope to have a podcast available sometime Tuesday afternoon central time U.S.

If anyone has some interesting questions I should ask of Mr. Ptolemy, please let me know here in this forum.

The only thing that could cause some disruption in the plans for this interview is severe weather. Keep your fingers crossed that my area does not get whacked tomorrow morning.

Attached Files

Edited by Mind, 21 April 2013 - 01:21 PM.

• like x 2

#2 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:28 AM

My question is that I wonder what he thinks about whether or not society is ready for more movies like this, why he might think they are ready for it or not.

I think they are, but Im wondering what his thoughts on it are.

#3 Mind

• Topic Starter
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:52 PM

I just got done with the interview and I was able to get your question in. The audio is ready, now I just need to get it uploaded to the site.

#4 Mind

• Topic Starter
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:15 PM

For now I have uploaded the MP3 to:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/t484zk

You can download it there until I can get someone to put it on the Imminst server like Caliban did here with a previous interview: http://www.longecity...blation-2011-a/

It is a cell phone conversation so it is not crystal clear audio, but most of it is ok. Mr. Ptolemy is certainly on board with tackling the issue of radical change and life extension. It comes through in the interview.
  • like x 1

#5 forever freedom

• 2,362 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:15 PM

Thanks a lot.

#6 jdgauchat

• 211 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:31 AM

Uploaded to the Youtube Channel:

JD

Edited by jdkasinsky, 03 August 2011 - 01:31 AM.

• like x 1

#7 jdgauchat

• 211 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 02:57 AM

Hi guys. This is another version of the video for those who want to promote it as a Longecity video. It has the name of the show "Longecity Now" and the longecity.org URL:

It's not listed in the Youtube channel because that is still an Immortality Institute channel and because the previous video already has visits and comments.

JD

PD: sorry I didn't put the name of the show before, but after the video was uploaded I realized that Justin introduction included the name. My mistake.
  • like x 1

#8 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:54 PM

Mind interviews Barry Ptolemy, director of "Transcendent Man" a documentary about Ray Kurzweil.

Duration: 15 min
Participants: Mind, Barry Ptolemy

References:
http://transcendentman.com/
http://www.longecity...-barry-ptolemy/

DOWNLOAD: (~14 MB)

http://www.longecity.org/media/LongeCityPodcast_Ptolemy2011_A01.mp3

Attached Files

#9 yuriythebest

• 29 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 06:13 PM

deepak chopra as a panelist?? why??? the guy is a total fraud

#10 yuriythebest

• 29 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:32 PM

Okey I just saw the full documentary/movie- while extremely inspirational, I just hope he's right. I thought that the inclusion of religious parallels was maybe unnecessary but since this is meant for a broad audience I can see why that was done (personally I see religion as just the problem- the denial that everything anti-aging stands for even deserves consideration) - however, it would really suck for immortality to be just a few decades too late.

#11 Mind

• Topic Starter
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:25 PM

I must give great public thanks to JDKasinsky for putting the video together. He was the one who combined the audio and video and uploaded it to youtube. Wonderful job adding some media value to the podcast!

#12 Mind

• Topic Starter
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:32 PM

Deepak is kind-of a new-ager spiritual type, but IMO he has good intentions. It would be nice if he would jump on the science-based anti-aging effort, but we can't have everything. Maybe he will come around in time.

#13 Mind

• Topic Starter
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:44 PM

Also big thanks to brokenportal for making contact with Barry Ptolemy and helping to set-up the interview.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: transcendent man, barry ptolemy, singularity, ray kurzweil, audio

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users