- - - - -

Nefiracetam advice

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 darkmantis

• 16 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 09:52 PM

Hi,

I recently purchased some Nefiracetam online, along with Choline Bitartrate. However, I'm not entirely sure how to take Nefiracetam. I've read that it is fat soluable, meaning I should put it in some olive oil and mix it or something? Then drink it, whilst mixing it with the choline?

I took some earlier with water, I mixed to two of them in a galss of water, and didn't feel any effects or any differnt. I assume this is due to mixing it with water instead of oil? I just need a bit of how-to advice on how to actually take this. I wasnt specified on the site where I bought it from. I t just said that it was fat soluable.

Thanks.

#2 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:44 PM

Do you have a scale with at least .01 gram accuracy? I really suggest that you use one when dealing with nefiracetam. The effective dose seems to differ a bit from person to person as well as the possible side effects. The only advice I can give with it is be careful and pay attention to side effects and adjust dose accordingly. It's not the most well tolerated substance out there and can be quite toxic.

I couldn't find much dosage info on it while experimenting so I had to kind of figure it out for myself. I started without a scale and the first dose I took was a 1/4 teaspoon (1.25ml) of powder. Once I got a scale I realized this was around 660mgs (on the high end of single doses). I mixed it with water and it is only partially soluble in water so it didn't mix in all the way. I also regretted this decision as soon as I tasted it. Very, very, very bitter. Some people have said it's not as bad as sulbutiamine but I beg to differ..

That first dose gave me a pretty severe head-tension/head-ache sensation that lasted about 5 hours. The positive effects were disappearance of my ADD symptoms, almost immediately.

Over the next few weeks I cut my dosage down dramatically and got a scale with .001g accuracy and some gel caps. My effective dose ended up being just 150mgs, which was good since anything over 200mgs at once caused a headache. I took 150mgs 2-3 times per day and it worked really well for about three weeks. Then I noticed the effects to subside a bit so I just use it occasionally now when I have projects that really require concentration.

If you do a bit of research you'll find some pretty scary toxicity info relating to permanent testicular/kidney damage in mice. I haven't had any lab tests done but my plumbing and nuts feel fine ;)  Needless to say, be careful.

Check out my OTHER POST from May for more info if you want.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 nezxon

• 218 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:51 PM

I suggest taking it with a meal, fish oil capsule, or chase it with a glass of 2% or whole milk. I recall a forum member mentioning similar thoughts on the subject: mixing or drinking olive oil to ensure optimal fat solubility seems unnecessary and extreme. I think you might be surprised by exactly how little fat it takes to dissolve most fat-soluble supplements. I don't find the solubility of a substance to be important, even though it's a topic that frequently surfaces.

It is my understanding that even substances which are considered fat soluble do dissolve in water, just not as easily. Most substances aren't exclusively soluble in water or fat, but many substances dissolve better in one than the other. I take all of my supplements eating a meal and it seems to work well.

#4 darkmantis

• Topic Starter
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 12:59 AM

..i had a kidney transplant 7 years ago. and i only recently found out about the supposed toxicty of nefiracetam. Also, I'm from the u.k and piracetam I can't get here. nefiracetam actually cost me a lot of money..and the choline...smells and tastes horrendous. I really dont know what to do now :(
What other nootrpics can i try that are good for motivation/focus/learning increase etc?

I guess I'll stay away from my nefiracetam then. I want results, I want the motivation/focus and the ability to absorb information a lot. Since I want to learn a lot of things and Cant stay focuses or motivated to do any of it.

and i don't have a digital scale at home.

#5 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 05:51 AM

..i had a kidney transplant 7 years ago. and i only recently found out about the supposed toxicty of nefiracetam. Also, I'm from the u.k and piracetam I can't get here. nefiracetam actually cost me a lot of money..and the choline...smells and tastes horrendous. I really dont know what to do now :(
What other nootrpics can i try that are good for motivation/focus/learning increase etc?

I guess I'll stay away from my nefiracetam then. I want results, I want the motivation/focus and the ability to absorb information a lot. Since I want to learn a lot of things and Cant stay focuses or motivated to do any of it.

and i don't have a digital scale at home.

If you had a kidney transplant then I'd strongly suggest you don't take any nefiracetam. If you're worried about the loss of money you can put up a post in the retailers/product discussion forum and see if anyone in the U.K. or Europe will buy it from you. Best of luck and be careful, just because things have -racetam at the end of their name doesn't necessarily classify them as a true nootropic (lack of side effects, etc).

#6 darkmantis

• Topic Starter
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 12:38 PM

what other nootropics would you recommend that are great for motivation/focus/memory etc?

I wont take the nefiracetam anymore, I'll stay away from that stuff. How good is Piracetam? It's safe and effective?

#7 AmericanEmpire

• 34 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:34 PM

Alright,

Piracetam I have actually never tried.

I have extensively used Pramiracetam, Aniracetam and Oxiracetam however.

Brief BG: I just graduated college and was extremely tired and was prescribed adderall which I do not take anymore, but used for years. I quit using it about a year ago (quit using it everyday) but still definitely used it through my last year of school.

When I graduated I desired to get my mental health back up as well as my physical health. I had not used racetams during my last SEMESTER of school (January 2011 - May 2011).

I decided to stack all three of them together. For the first few days I of course was tired and felt a little off. Then after a week I began to take them at different times.

I would take OXI and ANI in the morning, PRAMI and OXI mid day and possibly ANI and PRAMI in the evening. For about a week.

After that I took a couple days off (I find I dont FEEL as smart on days off, but that it does continue working..). Now I can take any of the three and be pretty much fine.

I have experimented with and without choline (I used to get major headaches and major sleepy, but after so long it seems maybe the choline is built up bc I can go days without choline on the racetams and not get a headache anymore).

It is said that ALL nootropic work synergestically. So that is what I set out to test. I never tried PIRACETAM as it was always said to be weak...

From what I understand it went PI --> Ani --> Oxi --> Prami

Prami took a couple weeks for me to really really notice, now it seems really powerful. I first tried it in March of 2009 and the taste turned me off.

I would stack them all if money is not an issue. IF it is an issue, go with Ani for a bit, then move UP to Prami. Oxiracetam is unique and all, it is probably the most expensive (behind nefi?)and yields interesting results, but with the added cost. Prami is so potent that it is fun, but my favorite to this day is Ani.

Good luck.

#8 darkmantis

• Topic Starter
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 04:24 PM

hmm so you think i should try Pramiracetam, Aniracetam? Pramiracetam first? I kind of want to feel the results as soon as possible. How do you actually feel after you've taken them? can you physically or mentally feel a change?

and these are fat soluable or somthing? so i take them in milk if i get powder form? or would you say its better to get the tablets?

Basically i just wanna become like a sponge lol, and absorb all the knowledge i read, and become highly motivated. I have spend so many years feeling unfocused and unmotivated and not achieving anything.. now I just want to learn everything and do everything.

The nefiracetam tasted disgusting. it was terrible stuff.

You think i'd benifit from stacking them than taking them on there own?

Edited by darkmantis, 08 August 2011 - 04:31 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#9 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:05 AM

Aside from the possible TESTICULAR TOXICITY concerns, there is in fact another reason to avoid prolonged usage of NEFIRACETAM for the medium to long-term... see THIS thread for details: NEFIRACETAM - Another reason to avoid prolonged usage :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users