* * * * * 8 votes

NOOPEPT Mega-Dose.... Someone had to try it

noopept dosage overdose over dose

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#1 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:58 PM

I've been taking Noopept for a little over a month at doses of 20-30mgs two or three times daily. So, a few nights ago I decided to try what seemed like a stupidly high dose of Noopept (100mg) in a single dose. It was probably some sort of self-destructive decision but it turned out to be a wonderful gift. I waited a few days before posting to make sure these doses didn't have any immediately dangerous side effects. I'll get into more detail below.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This has been a 4 day trial so far with total daily dosages ranging from 100mg - 300mg. I've been monitoring my blood pressure and pulse rate throughout and it seems to be unaffected. I use a drug-store blood pressure unit across from my work, so I'm able to monitor it three times a day.

My blood pressure has stayed stable around 125/75 (ranging from 119-135/72-79) and my pulse rate is about 75bpm (that's a pretty high resting pulse rate, probably due to the cigarettes I smoke).

The first night I dosed at 100mg and I didn't notice much. I was expecting some sort of negative side effect but didn't experience anything. Also didn't experience a noticeable positive change either. I took 100mg of L-Theanine, did some meditation before bed and slept normally.

The next morning I woke up a bit tired and didn't notice anything abnormal. Then while driving back from my morning workout I noticed the trees hanging down over the road, blowing in the wind. Their movements were so smooth, majestic and crisp... it was beautiful.

As the morning progressed my mood kept getting better and better. This wasn't euphoria though, it was peaceful, calm, pure and serene. All the negative thoughts that had been cycling through my head everyday for as long as I can remember were gone. A great weight felt like it had been lifted from my shoulders.

I took another 100mg dose after my shower and before work. I was really surprised there were no negative side effects so far at 3.5x the maximum recommended daily dose.

The weather was beautiful! Autumn temperatures for the first time all year. Clean swift breeze and a deep blue sky sprinkled with just the right amount of fluffy white clouds. I got to work and started journaling (part of an entry can be found here if you're interested) and was surprised how positive everything was. I realized I'd been depressed ever since getting back to America five years ago. I had no idea I was depressed until I was suddenly and unexpectedly relieved of the constant pain.

I imagined writing something about this experience here on longecity but cringed at the thought of people calling it a "hypomanic-break" or something similar. I've experience hypo-mania on an oxi-ani combo and recognize it clearly, which is why I stopped those racetams. In contrast, this was serenity; peaceful and content.

I realized that cognitive enhancement is of little use for me without a reciprocal emotional/spiritual enhancement. If anything, faster and more efficient thinking just added fuel the negative self-defeating thoughts I didn't even know were cycling through my head.

I took another 100mg dose in the afternoon and the effect lasted all day. It was effortless to do my work and I decided to wash my car and enjoyed doing so. I called my grandma and mom and had a couple of wonderful conversations. I felt grateful for everything in my life.

The next day I decided to up the dosage to 100mg x 3 times. The day started with identical results but the third dose of 100mg was too much. It gave me a flat-emotional feeling, similar to what I experience taking DMAE.

So ever since then I've been on 100mg Noopept twice a day and feel great. I've reduced my stack to only a few items:

Fish oil = 6gs per day
Noopept = 200mgs per day
Inositol = 12gs per day
L-Theanine = 100mg at night

This is ten times the recommended maximum daily dosage (as stated in the Russian product literature). I started Noopept over one month ago and had no negative side effects before trying these much larger doses. If you're considering mega-dosing on Noopept start low first to make sure you don't have any negative reactions and watch for emotional side effects. People in the past have noticed increased aggression and some other side effects which I'm personally grateful I haven't noticed at all.

I've included a picture of some piles of Noopept. In descending order of size the weights are 200mg, 100mg, 30mg and 20mg. I put the coins next to the piles for size comparison and the benjamin at the bottom for added flare ;)

Attached Files

• like x 9
  • Cheerful x 1

#2 Dirk_Diggler

• Validating/Suspended
  • 189 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:36 PM

Hey,

Wow...I thought I knew ALL the nootropics, and upon reading this I looked up Noopept because I had no idea what it was...I thought it was some designer proprietary supplement. But low and behold, it is a very potent derivative of piracetam. And I thought I knew everything...

Anyway, I'm really wanting to give this a try. I've tried Aniracetam, Piracetam, and Oxiracetam, and will have to find this Noopept :)

Did you experience anything positive from smaller doses? Is that why you decided to up the dose?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 kassem23

• 414 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:54 PM

Amazing dude! I'm going to try Noopept as well.

How would you say it compares in terms of anxiolysis? I have great confidence on PIR + FO (high dosages), but it can feel a bit TOO stimulating sometimes, which in social situations, can be rather annoying, since you'd just want to relax. Piracetam makes me wanna DO STUFF!
  • like x 1

#4 alexburke

• 80 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:57 PM

Hey I am somewhat new to nootropics but have been looking at this section of this forum for a while now.
I am looking for experiment with Noopept but want to get it from the best source where everyone else is buying it from :)

Do you recommend this stack over all the other combinations you have tried?
I live in canada so Modafinil has to be prescribed but lucky for me I have a sleep disorder and got my doctor to prescribe me 200MG a day. Unfortunately I have yet to notice any of these so called nootropic effects and its been about 3 months.
Anyways, So that will be included into the stack I am going to be working with.
I exercise 2 times a week for an hour plus a 15-20 minute walk to the store everyday to buy a powerade slushy :)
I take 2 capsules of fish oil a day.
and I have a few days left of this all in one nootropic but I don't recommend it because its way to expensive and I have yet to notice any "breakthru" effects from the supplement.

I also drink a energy drink maybe 2 times a week on my super tired days and it contains a lot of caffeine so maybe I should just use ginseng supplements instead? Does ginseng have any nootropic effects or is it just a stimulant?

Also is there anything else I have to take with Noopept for it to work?

Thanks and sorry for all the questions :P
Alex
  • like x 1

#5 Dirk_Diggler

• Validating/Suspended
  • 189 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:08 PM

Also is there anything else I have to take with Noopept for it to work?

Thanks and sorry for all the questions :P
Alex

Most people recommend and use a choline supplement when using nootropics. Here is a great guide to start with if you're new to nootropics...

http://www.refinedminds.com/?p=54

#6 alexburke

• 80 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:19 PM

Thanks dirk diggler :)
Ok so.. With noopept I still need a choline supplement ? I was wondering because in the main post he doesn't mention anything about it.
How much do I have to take per MG of noopept?

Thanks again.

#7 luger77

• 7 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:51 PM

pharm 1010.com is gone.... Pharm 1010 .net the same thing?

#8 luger77

• 7 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:52 PM

In other words, that's the only place I could find noopept.
Halp?

#9 manic_racetam

• Topic Starter
  • 937 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:15 PM

Thanks dirk diggler :)
Ok so.. With noopept I still need a choline supplement ? I was wondering because in the main post he doesn't mention anything about it.
How much do I have to take per MG of noopept?

Thanks again.

I've stopped all choline supplementation and haven't noticed any negative effects. It would seem from my experience that Noopept doesn't require an extra choline source. I'd suggest trying it without it first and if you get headaches then add a choline source.

#10 manic_racetam

• Topic Starter
  • 937 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:18 PM

I'm pretty sure most people are getting their Noopept from cerebral health. That's where I get mine

#11 manic_racetam

• Topic Starter
  • 937 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:25 PM

Amazing dude! I'm going to try Noopept as well.

How would you say it compares in terms of anxiolysis? I have great confidence on PIR + FO (high dosages), but it can feel a bit TOO stimulating sometimes, which in social situations, can be rather annoying, since you'd just want to relax. Piracetam makes me wanna DO STUFF!

I really prefer noopept because it doesn't seem to have such a centralized (whole body) effect. The racetams can often make me feel a bit strung out on high doses (esp oxiracetam + pramiracetam) but noopept is Calm, Alert and Serene.
  • like x 1

#12 manic_racetam

• Topic Starter
  • 937 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:30 PM

Hey,

Wow...I thought I knew ALL the nootropics, and upon reading this I looked up Noopept because I had no idea what it was...I thought it was some designer proprietary supplement. But low and behold, it is a very potent derivative of piracetam. And I thought I knew everything...

Anyway, I'm really wanting to give this a try. I've tried Aniracetam, Piracetam, and Oxiracetam, and will have to find this Noopept :)

Did you experience anything positive from smaller doses? Is that why you decided to up the dose?

Yes, originally I was getting nice effects from 20-30mgs twice a day. But the mood enhancing effects didn't come into play until I mega-dosed it.

The original reason for trying the larger dose was to test out an overdose and see if it would have negative effects. I figured there would be plenty of people overdosing on it anyway since they're taking it without a scale (and it's almost impossible to eyeball 20mgs) so maybe the report would serve as a warning or something. But it turned out surprisingly different than I'd expected.

#13 Dirk_Diggler

• Validating/Suspended
  • 189 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:43 PM

That's really cool...even the moderate doses of some -racetams can have a negative, anxious nervousness.

I found the original pharmaceutical 10mg tablets from aptekadrugstore for less than $20...all the other places said they were no longer available. In this case, I would feel better taking the pharmaceutical form of it rather than the bulk powder (which is what I would normally do). But it's so cheap for the pharmaceutical grade and the doses are premeasured, I think I will end up ordering from them.:)

But I will also check cerebralhealth :)

#14 manic_racetam

• Topic Starter
  • 937 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:39 AM

That's really cool...even the moderate doses of some -racetams can have a negative, anxious nervousness.

I found the original pharmaceutical 10mg tablets from aptekadrugstore for less than $20...all the other places said they were no longer available. In this case, I would feel better taking the pharmaceutical form of it rather than the bulk powder (which is what I would normally do). But it's so cheap for the pharmaceutical grade and the doses are premeasured, I think I will end up ordering from them. :)

But I will also check cerebralhealth :)

Good find. I'd be curious to try the pharmaceutical grade as well. Maybe I'll order a box and check it out for comparison.

#15 Dirk_Diggler

• Validating/Suspended
  • 189 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:45 AM

I just did a little more research on that site and although they do have it, it's impossible to order from them because you have to sign in, but there's no way to register and the email contact is returned as undeliverable.

And I emailed pharmacy1010 but they haven't had it in stock for awhile. I saw another member here who sells it because they have access, but I may just do what you did and head on over to CerebralHealth and order the bulk powder. But I saw you had a rough time measuring out 10mg doses so I don't know...I'll keep looking and try to find a cheap source for it :)

Thanks so much for posting your experiences...I responded to piracetam/oxiracetam/aniracetam, but I hit a plateau pretty quickly and would be interested to see if I could perhaps take it to another level. It seems you have a vast experience with -racetam (just by your name alone, lol) so I really value your opinion on these substances. :)

#16 Luca_Toni

• 17 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:56 AM

It's really fascinating results!

But I'm not sure that it's clear for everyone that because this drug was developed in Russia there were no large clinical trials conducted which basically means that during research stage only literally several people took this medication. So from my point of view it's "unknown drug". And look at side effects section in drug instruction. It states that only possible problems is allergic reactions and elevated blood pressure in those who had hypertension before. So it's "miracle drug" with literally no side effects? I don't believe in it, on the contrary I'm sure that nobody ever tried to figure out possible side effects.
  • like x 3

#17 Geovicsha

• 80 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:57 AM

Thanks for that! It was a wonderful read! I’ve never taken any nootropics at all; I’m currently waiting for my batch of Pramiracetam, Aniracetam and Alpha GPC to arrive. Have you tried Pramiracetam before? If so, what do you find are the differences and similarities between the two? Furthermore, you mention hypo manic episodes following Oxiracetam and Aniracetam combinations: can you please elaborate on this? With alcohol excluded, I guess Jack3d – a pre workout supplement – is probably the only time I have experienced manic/hypo manic symptoms following supplement intake; I have since stopped taking it. I’m not sure if it’s the abundance of caffeine or the 1,3 Dimethylamylamine encompassed in it. But I digress.

What chiefly resonated with me is the reverence you extolled for nature. I do agree whole heartedly that the beauty and superlative aspect of nature is far too commonly overlooked. I don’t think you need supplements/drugs for it per se, but the right compound certainly can expand your consciousness and understanding for it. Because, in the end of the day, YOU did spring out of nature, so it does make sense why one is able to be overwhelmed by serenity for it. Marijuana definitely gave me a greater appreciation for it, however I had to discontinue usage due to the anxiety provoking affects that were manifesting. But, even to this day it has still had an insightful impact on me that I may never have grasped without marijuana – although some days I can be prone to overlook it.

Thank you once again for this insightful post. I might try this out sooner or later. It depends on how effective Pramiracetam and Aniracetam are first! I didn’t even know of its existence until now!

Edited by Geovicsha, 07 September 2011 - 06:59 AM.

• like x 2

#18 Dirk_Diggler

• Validating/Suspended
  • 189 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:04 AM

With alcohol excluded, I guess Jack3d – a pre workout supplement – is probably the only time I have experienced manic/hypo manic symptoms following supplement intake; I have since stopped taking it. I’m not sure if it’s the abundance of caffeine or the 1,3 Dimethylamylamine encompassed in it.

I would go out on a limb and say it was probably the combination of the two. I, too, have taken Jack3d and loved it at first. It made me literally not want to do anything BUT workout!!! And that was a real blessing when you have no desire to get off your @$$. Then I would take a few scoops of Jack3d and 30 minutes later I can't stop moving; I HAVE to be doing something physical...But I suppose tolerance set in to the 1,3 Dimethylamylamine because I could take 3 scoops in the morning and not feel a thing...so I stopped taking it. Funny how nothing ever lasts forever...

Edited by Dirk_Diggler, 07 September 2011 - 07:04 AM.

#19 Geovicsha

• 80 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:55 AM

Yeah, certainly. I was using it from December 2010 to February of this year and got to the 3 scoops and feeling none of the initial physical energy that first surged; rather, it became like an emotional roller coaster: grandiose delusions followed by racing anxious thoughts with little logic that culminated with a deep depression. So, I got off it. I tried it again in July and one scoop made all the magic return, but now in September the same thing occurred. Tolerance builds up greatly and needs to be cycled AT LEAST for the same amount of time using it.
  • like x 1

#20 evodude

• 86 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:41 AM

gonna receive my dose noopept soon. Did you try to combine it with other racetams yet?

#21 manic_racetam

• Topic Starter
  • 937 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:16 PM

gonna receive my dose noopept soon. Did you try to combine it with other racetams yet?

Yes, I tried it at the lower dosages (20-30mg/day) with a few other racetams hoping for synergy. I was hoping nefiracetam would add a bit of concentration, but didn't notice much more positive effect from 150mgs. I took piracetam at night before bed in pretty large doses on occasion, but didn't notice much difference compared to normally. I tried pramiracetam for the first time when I had been taking Noopept for about 3 weeks and really liked the effect. Not sure if the Noopept increased the effects of prami or not (since I hadn't taken it before) but I enjoyed the motivation it gave me.

This high dose noopept by itself is my favorite by far though. I'll make sure to update as I go along if I hit a plateau or start having negative side effects, but for now very nice. Not sure what would be causing the anti-depressive effects but it seems like that's just what I needed.

#22 alexburke

• 80 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:07 PM

Curious if snorting noopept would make it more effective :P

#23 Boolean

• 95 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:46 PM

I wonder if snorting blow would be more effective if it was off of a hooker's ass...

food for thought, alex. food. for. thought.
  • dislike x 2
  • like x 1

#24 Neurotik

• 85 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:52 PM

Fun experiment, but ultimately, unsustainable.

#25 manic_racetam

• Topic Starter
  • 937 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:24 PM

Curious if snorting noopept would make it more effective :P

Totally unnecessary. Very bio-available through the GI tract. Injecting it straight into the blood-stream would likely not make a huge difference in effects.

Fun experiment, but ultimately, unsustainable.

Not fun really, very nice though. I also suspect it isn't sustainable. However, I'm grateful for having had my eyes opened to how depressed I was (and probably still am). Who knows how much longer I would have plodded along, not realizing I was in pain.
  • Agree x 1

#26 evodude

• 86 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 10:13 AM

i'm happy that you are having good results with it. It would be nice if i could find a replacement for the SSRI, since i think the side effects are to great (especially on the libido).

i've received my noopept today (from cerebral health)and took around 200mg. i can see why you mention the serenity feeling. A calmness thats unique and i felt upbeat and more sociable. I took it together with my normal 1200mg piracetam and 400mg aniracetam stack though.

#27 nupi

• 1,532 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:11 AM

Try Wellbutrin instead of a SSRI, it has - if any - very minor effects on my libido (but that one has never been high since I got of Effexor, so YMMV)

#28 manic_racetam

• Topic Starter
  • 937 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:06 AM

i'm happy that you are having good results with it. It would be nice if i could find a replacement for the SSRI, since i think the side effects are to great (especially on the libido).

i've received my noopept today (from cerebral health)and took around 200mg. i can see why you mention the serenity feeling. A calmness thats unique and i felt upbeat and more sociable. I took it together with my normal 1200mg piracetam and 400mg aniracetam stack though.

In the future for people first taking this stuff, please start with a normal dose (10-30mg) and see if you have any negative reactions. It doesn't appear to be dangerous so far, but we're dealing in 10 times normal dosages and it's not exactly a widely studied drug. Caution is always advisable
  • like x 5
  • Agree x 1

#29 zarakion

• 7 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:41 AM

Is it possible to approach the nootropic effects of normal doses Semax and Cerebrolysin with mega-doses of Noopept? Or is there a certain maximum ceiling dose for Noopept where beyond this there is no further nootropic advantage and only mood enhancement? Noopept has a (cheaper) price advantage over these other 2 powerful nootropics so it would be a more practical long-term nootropic solution.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 manic_racetam

• Topic Starter
  • 937 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:51 PM

The only question I have that has still gone largely unanswered is why the Russian literature says that Noopept can be take for three months, and then continued again after a one month break. Does anyone know why it can't be taken long term?
  • Good Point x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: noopept, dosage, overdose, over dose

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users