Piracetam + Alcohol

interaction

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 September 2011 - 01:20 PM

What is the current consensus for the interaction between Piracetam and alcohol?

I am currently taking 3g of Piracetam every 3 hrs which is working fine in combination with fish oil but I don't know how it'll interact with alcohol.

I'm going out tonight to watch the footy with a few mates and they enjoy the odd drink or ten. I don't intend on keeping up with them and they know I am only coming out for 4 or 5. Bearing in mind that amount would result in me being drunk (nicely drunk, not intoxicated) I was wondering if there is anything to worry about considering I am on this much Piracetam.

I know Piracetam interacts with the NMDA receptor and glutamate which alcohol may do as well.

I last binged on Piracetam over a year back and I remember that when I mixed it with alcohol I remember it just making me feel more alert instead of swaying all over the place so i suppose that sounds good? But if I rememeber correctly it also decreases the euphoric aspect of the experience that you'd normally achieve through alcohol alone.

Any experienced Piracetam users able to comment?

Edited by Thorsten2, 24 September 2011 - 01:21 PM.

#2 AbolishtheState

• 61 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:11 AM

In my limited experience, piracetam makes me much more sensitive to alcohol (and cannabis). It seems like a mere one or two drinks gets me feeling right since beginning piracetam use. I will say that I feel more alert and aware than is usual when I am under the influence of alcohol. Confounding factors such as concurrent use of other nootropics may skew these observations.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Thorsten3

• Topic Starter
  • 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 September 2011 - 11:08 AM

I noticed positive interactions between them. At 4 or 5 I was still drunk but my coordination and balance were drastically improved. It was cool having that buzzing type of energy as well as I felt the effects of alcohol building.

In short, a postive experience but that's just things from my point of view.

Edited by Thorsten2, 25 September 2011 - 11:09 AM.

#4 Geovicsha

• 80 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:05 PM

Ah, what a coincidence of a topic! Last night I impulsively decided to indulge in a few drinks after ingesting 1200mg of Pramiracetam – not Piracetam – over the course of the day. Firstly, let me just say the weekend before I had a few beers after having 1500mg of Aniracetam. The affects of this lamented synergy was an intense increase in the negative feelings of alcohol – headache, slurred speech, stupid decisions, distorted perception, lack of focus. And the positive affects – confidence, energy, assertiveness – were void.

So, if Aniracetam exasperated all the negative effects of alcohol, than Pramiracetam was a complete contrast: all the positive effects are heightened and diminished the negative effects! At first I noticed a prevalent headache after my first beer, but following a couple of Jack Daniels, the headache rapidly subsided and I acquired the confidence that one gains in a trade off for disorientation after 6+ drinks; this time the augmented lucidity remained as well as the increase confidence.

I don’t find Pramiracetam mitigates emotions directly as such, rather giving you a more clearer awareness of the emotional processes occurring. When wanting to dance with a girl, I had two options: social anxiety (flight) or confidence (fight). Previously when sober and lucid the adrenaline would get too much and flight would overcome me. This time, however, I was not inebriated and went into action blindly without thought, but I analysed the two existing emotions and the outcome that I wanted (a girl) and logically worked out which emotion would be the most efficient. Clearly fight and confidence was the answer. There is a gray area in this: feeling the fear and going for it anyway. This may work ocasionally, but girls will pick up on your facade of confidence to hide the intense fear rather than the genuine confidence. The actions will completely differ.

I kissed her and had a great night subsequently. Though, I hadn’t masturbated for 6 days and that may be a factor -- according to that recent masturbation topic -- in my willingness to fight as opposed to flight.

Girls aside, the above posters description about Piracetam and alcohol synergy is very akin to Pramiracetam and alcohol.

Sorry if I am not making much sense. I didn’t sleep all night.

Edited by Geovicsha, 25 September 2011 - 12:20 PM.

• dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#5 Thorsten3

• Topic Starter
  • 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:54 PM

I can testify to the confidence thing... I am feeling great on Piracetam right now. Fish oil appeared to be the missing link and it makes all the difference.

I'll have to give Prami a pop at some point, it sure sounds interesting (if a little expensive!)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 abelard lindsay

• 873 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:10 AM

Piracetam makes alcoholic (ethanol preferring) rats consume less alcohol.

http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/4062922

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: interaction

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users