• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

ADDIEUP - has anyone tried this stuff? what do you think of the combo?

adhd

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 snuffie

• 52 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:18 AM

Stumbled upon this stuff while reading about the shortages of ADHD drugs:

http://addieup.com/

It says it contains "4 stimulants + nootropics":

- yerba mate
- guarana
- DMAA
- caffeine anhydrous
- choline
- ginko biloba
- huperzine A

The actual supplement/company looks pretty sketchy to me...it claims to be "doctor formulated" (by some mysterious unnamed doctor) and "backed by scientific research", but the "about addieup" page 404s and there is very little information on the site in general. It doesn't even tell you how much of each ingredient is in a capsule. Ridiculous.

Beyond this sketchy operation though,

What do you think of this particular combination of supplements for this purpose?
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#2 1thoughtMaze1

• 335 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:10 AM

Haha look pretty sketchy to me!
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 CharlieC

• 1 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:10 PM

I tried Addieup and liked it. Their website was pretty bare bones when I ordered it like you mentioned, but I just went back to the site and it looks much better. I ordered a 10 pack and am going to buy a full bottle next time.
  • dislike x 2
  • like x 1

#4 Dirty South TV

• 3 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:07 PM

We happen to know Dr. Baker, whose office is in Louisville, Kentucky--very well.

AddieUp had their website hacked and taken down by a guy named Erik, that basically tried to take over the company. He wanted 50% of everything that came in for basically no real work on a version of the AddieUp website THAT WAS ALREADY BUILT. All that dope did was a template change, and he added a couple of jacked pictures. So, when he was given the boot, he got mad and took AddieUp down with FTP access that should never have been given to him in the first place.

As a matter of fact, we just did an article on AddieUp today, which can be found here: http://www.dirtysout...on-addieup.html

Since the hack, AddieUp went to Liz Lee Media and had an entirely new website designed and built. It's better, stronger and faster than ever before--not to mention way, way, way more secure.

Addieup is THE real deal. Fact. There is not a single thing that is sketchy about AddieUp or Dr. Mike Baker that invented it. Facts. We would never do a positive review or let ANY advertisers anywhere near Dirty South TV that for any reason doesn't deserve such.

Dirty South TV
  • dislike x 1

#5 Gamerzneed

• 71 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:17 PM

All the posters advocating this combo have very few posts. That by itself is very sketchy. It sounds like their selling the product or something.
  • like x 2

#6 Dirty South TV

• 3 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:10 AM

Listen numb buts--this is the first we have EVER seen of this website. We have MUCH better things to do all day or night than entertain you. We (yes, the WHOLE office) take AddieUp, and we love it. Once we did our review--everyone in the office tried it and liked it. EVERYONE, including the girl that drinks so much coffee, she had to not drink any for over a week to get proper results as the residual caffiene multiplied her original energy far too much.

AddieUp works whether you believe us or not. Enjoy your games...
  • dislike x 3

#7 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:47 AM

The pro-addieup posts here sound like ads, and there is some sort of relationship, possibly commercial, between Dirty South, Liz Lee, and Addieup. Considering that addieup is shot full of stimulants, I'm not surprised that it 'does something', and undoubtedly is able to generate nice testimonials from people who like it. My main concern is safety. Every single chemical in addieup has issues. Long time Longecity members are not fooled by the claims that this stuff is "all natural, therefore perfectly safe". These are potent drugs that also happen to be plant extracts, so don't fool yourself. If you use it, at least keep an eye on your blood pressure, and don't mix it with other drugs, whether they're "natural" or not.
  • like x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#8 jadamgo

• 701 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:33 AM

Most OTC stimulants are primarily caffeine pills with a little extra stuff thrown in. Sometimes "geranium extract" which means methylhexanamine (listed here under an alternate chemical name, dimethylamylamine or DMAA) which is a noradrenergic stimulant.

I can never remember huperzine's mechanism of action. I keep getting it confused with hordenine and vinpocetine and all those other things longeciters take that I've never taken.

Anyway, caffeine does work for ADHD symptoms, but coffee is cheaper than addieup. DMAA isn't great for much other than energy. It doesn't make you particularly focused, more like agitated. Good for workouts, not for studying.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: adhd

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users