• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * - 8 votes

NOOPEPT - My personal experience (user feedback)

noopept memory nootropic cognition racetam piracetam cognitive smart drug learning attention

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:41 AM

Hi everyone,

FYI – Here’s my feedback after my first 3 days of taking NOOPEPT:

DAY 1 = 30mg single dose:

Experienced very strong anxiolytic effect that lasted for about 2 ½ hours, but this was accompanied by a severe spaced out feeling, brain fog and amotivation, to the extent that I became totally non-productive… I was like: “Errrrmmm… right, what was I doing? Errrrrmmmm… Okaaaayyyy…. Ugh hang on, why have I just gone downstairs again? Errrr... Ahhh I’ve just realised I’ve been staring into space for about 10 minutes… Errrrrmmmmm... Now what was I doing again?”

This was then followed by an annoying low level headache, a general weird feeling with some paranoia; and after the anxiolytic spaced out effect wore off I then experienced INCREASED anxiety akin to an immediate rebound effect, TERRIBLE sleep disruption and IMPAIRED overall cognitive function. This in particular was bizarre given many people on this forum have reported even 10mg doses inducing immediate astounding improvements in mental clarity; for me it was the exact opposite! Oh and I also found myself highly irritable, though this may have been partly as a result of the rubbish sleep quality.

DAY 2 = 15mg dosage 2 times daily:

Both anxiolytic effect and spaced out dumb feeling still occurred but much less severely (about 1/3 the intensity), but still experienced ALL the same undesirable side effects listed above.

DAY 3 = 10mg dosage 3 times daily:

I did NOT experience any anxiolytic effect or spaced out dumb feeling, but STILL experienced ALL the same undesirable side effects listed above.

Further to this, the NOOPEPT also DEFINITELY induced some sexual related side effects, specifically related to undesirable reduction in libido, and seminal volume, and reduction in self-confidence, all of which I have only experienced previously when I was a while ago found to have low testosterone levels (which have since been corrected).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consequently, I have decided that NOOPEPT is not for me, and hence I will be shelving it.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I do feel it is important that I point out to everyone reading this that I am typically more sensitive than the normal individual to suffering side effects due to my residual systemic inflammation (specifically residual Encephalitis) caused by tick borne pathogenic infection; hence, please kindly note that my negative experience with NOOPEPT may be towards the extreme end of the spectrum when it comes to side effects experienced and individual tolerability. This therefore, does NOT mean that you will or are likely to experience the same as I have.

It is also very interesting to note that the results of this poll for NOOPEPT: (http://www.longecity...or-thumbs-down/) is currently at 13 x THUMBS UP versus only 1 THUMBS DOWN.

However, I cannot help but notice, that despite this, there does appear to be an ever increasing number of reports from other users of NOOPEPT that it does indeed have the potential for all of the side effects that I have experienced, and hence may prove to be somewhat a double-edged sword (i.e. both good and bad effects) and hence whether or not it is a ‘good deal’ overall is yet to be established. For me certainly, it is very much NOT so.

I would recommend that anyone who wishes to try NOOPEPT for themselves to be aware of the possible side effects and start at a dosage of no more than 10mg once a day initially to see how you personally react to the substance, and then only if you find you are OK with that dose, increase your total daily dosage up to a total of 30 mg daily.

And if using the bulk powder you are STRONGLY advised to purchase a set of digital scales with accuracy of 1mg, such that you can accurately measure doses.

Edited by ScienceGuy, 07 January 2012 - 11:01 AM.

• like x 2

#2 hX_

• 13 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:22 PM

Sorry but if you know that you are highly sensitive, then why on earth did you start at the highest recommended dose?!
  • like x 3
  • dislike x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 ScienceGuy

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:24 PM

Sorry but if you know that you are highly sensitive, then why on earth did you start at the highest recommended dose?!

Ah, excellent question! I can see why you asked that. :-D

It's due to the specific manner in which I am 'highly sensitive', in that my sensitivity is not dosage dependant but dependant on the particular substance itself.

To clarify, for me it's typically a somewhat unusual 'all or nothing' situation, wherein I either respond completely normally to a substance or don't get on with it AT ALL, at ANY dosage, and simply need to avoid it.

For example, I quite happily can take 5 GRAMS of PIRACETAM twice daily (TOTAL 10 GRAMS DAILY) without any problems whatsoever, yet I cannot take ANY dosage of ACETYL-L-CARNITINE without incurring intolerable side effects (even 25mg!)

It's a total pain in the behind, but it's simply a case of 'trial and error' for me to ascertain which substances I currently get on with and which I do not.

For me, for the time being at least, NOOPEPT falls squarely into the latter ;)

I should add that I will most certainly intend to RE-TRY NOOPEPT as and when my residual Encephalitis (inflammed brain) has diminished further, since it is more than likely that my current abnormally severe reaction to NOOPEPT is connected to that.

Edited by ScienceGuy, 22 January 2012 - 01:06 PM.

#4 hX_

• 13 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:02 PM

If you're getting similar effects to the megadose (recall a thread on here about someone taking 100mg+/day) from a normal dose) couldn't a ridiculously low dose give the "normal" effects?

Thanks for reminding me about this chem btw, I'll be trying it this week. Ill start at 2mg daily and work my way up. This is standard procedure for most completely unresearched RC's and it the only sensible and safe way to do it.

It worries me when I see people taking hundreds of milligrams of chemicals they've only just received. Imagine if it was mislabelled and really a much more powerful chem, or was 1% contaminated with a potent toxin! It has happened before, causing deaths. It was a different type of chemical (psychedelic amphetatmines/dragonfly analogues) but you should be fucking careful.

Been putting it off due to lack of college and having to fight through a rather nasty AM-2201 addcition. Oddly enough the symptoms from giving that up (from 300mg a day - a dose is around 2mg) were the same as you experienced from NOOPEPT.

#5 sparkk51

• 418 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:06 PM

How the hell do you notice a reduction in seminal volume?
  • like x 2

#6 hX_

• 13 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:16 PM

Haha thats a good point. I've never paid attention to that and that's not what I meant AM-2201 withdrawal causes lol!

#7 ScienceGuy

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:36 PM

How the hell do you notice a reduction in seminal volume?

You'll have to ask my girlfriend that! ;)
  • like x 3

#8 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:56 PM

Man... I start getting jealous whenever I hear about people's girlfriends being upset about reduced seminal volume... How do I find one of those?!
  • like x 7

#9 Boolean

• 95 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:36 PM

Man... I start getting jealous whenever I hear about people's girlfriends being upset about reduced seminal volume... How do I find one of those?!

pfwahahaha! ok this thread has turned to the dark side. But seriously though... My girl has a measuring cup ready on the night stand. Just sayin'.

I tried out Noopept from CH and... I'm not sure yet. I don't have an accurate method of measuring the dose quite yet, BUT I intend on dumping a fairly specific amount into a tub of Focus XT. Knowing that 10g is in this little baggie, I can assume with a fairly good degree of accuracy that in a 360g tub of Focus XT I can put 1g of Noopept in and each scoop of Focus+Noopept should yield 16mg~ of Noopept.
  • like x 1

#10 ScienceGuy

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:00 PM

If you're getting similar effects to the megadose (recall a thread on here about someone taking 100mg+/day) from a normal dose) couldn't a ridiculously low dose give the "normal" effects?

You are absolutely correct that the number and severity of side effects experienced is likely to be somewhat dosage dependant, and hence I may be able to tolerate NOOPEPT better at a much reduced dosage. :)

However, please kindly note that the side effects I experienced, bar the temporary involuntary stupification, are exactly the same as those reported by an ever increasing number of people at varying dosages, ranging from the very small right up to manic_racetam's 'megadose', and not just the megadose, and hence there increasing evidence that the "normal" is in fact to incur some or all of these side effects to some extent.

Believe it or not, there was in fact method to my madness in starting at the 30mg dose. ;)

In this particular instance I wished to ascertain within a very short timeframe what if any potential side effects I might experience with taking NOOPEPT. As such, I deliberately selected the upper end of the dosage range used within clinical trials to date and also taking into consideration (albeit with a pinch of salt) user feedback regarding dosages used to date.

I do intend to re-try NOOPEPT at a later date, as and when my residual Encephalitis (brain inflammation) has dissipated, since it is more than likely that my current abnormally severe reaction to NOOPEPT is connected to that. When my Encephalitis was at its peak I had to ceased taking all nootropics due to similar non-tolerance issues, but as the inflammation state has progressively diminished I have found myself responding 'normally' again to more and more substances, such as PIRACETAM, that I had previously become intolerant to due to the Encephalitis. I am therefore hoping that I will reach a point in my recovery wherein I respond 'normally' to NOOPEPT and become able to tolerate it, and when I do re-try it I will most certainly start at a very low dose to see how I respond. :)

Thanks for reminding me about this chem btw, I'll be trying it this week. Ill start at 2mg daily and work my way up. This is standard procedure for most completely unresearched RC's and it the only sensible and safe way to do it.

Again, you are absolutely correct. Jumping in at the deep end, so to speak, with a 30mg total daily dosage is NOT something that I would recommend to others.

However, please kindly note that your classifying NOOPEPT as “completely unresearched” is a factual inaccuracy. There is in fact quite a lot of research that had been conducted on NOOPEPT including many clinical studies, albeit nothing like the amount as other older nootropics such as PIRACETAM.

You are very sensible starting at a low dosage of just 2mg to see how you respond to NOOPEPT, but you should be aware that is significantly lower than the dosages used in the clinical studies, and as such you cannot expect to receive the reported therapeutic benefits to the same degree, especially if used as monotherapy.

Even so, please note that I have simply shelved my NOOPEPT for the time being, I will almost certainly revisit it at a later date and experiment to ascertain whether or not for me lower doses are a tolerable useful adjunct to my nootropic stack.

It worries me when I see people taking hundreds of milligrams of chemicals they've only just received. Imagine if it was mislabelled and really a much more powerful chem, or was 1% contaminated with a potent toxin! It has happened before, causing deaths. It was a different type of chemical (psychedelic amphetatmines/dragonfly analogues) but you should be fucking careful.

Again, you are absolutely correct. This is precisely why I ensure where possible I purchase only from reputable and reliable suppliers with proper quality control procedures.

However, even so, you are quite right that mistakes can be made, which is why I always when trialling ANYTHING new I always take a micro-test-dose first, which is something sensible to do even if the substance IS GENUINE, so as to test for an allergic response (ascertained by an inflammatory reaction). You name it there’s somebody on the planet who is allergic to it… that’s reality… ;)

Been putting it off due to lack of college and having to fight through a rather nasty AM-2201 addcition. Oddly enough the symptoms from giving that up (from 300mg a day - a dose is around 2mg) were the same as you experienced from NOOPEPT.

**STEPS UP ON SOAPBOX**

LEGAL DOES NOT = SAFE

In fact, in the vast majority of cases when it comes to ‘legal highs’ LEGAL = UNSAFE

**STEPS DOWN FROM SOAPBOX** :-D

Edited by ScienceGuy, 22 January 2012 - 01:20 PM.

#11 chainwheel

• 49 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:03 AM

For example, I quite happily can take 5 GRAMS of PIRACETAM twice daily (TOTAL 10 GRAMS DAILY) without any problems whatsoever, yet I cannot take ANY dosage of ACETYL-L-CARNITINE without incurring intolerable side effects (even 25mg!)

It's funny... when I used ALCAR...I got choline-shortage headaches again after not really getting them and only having to use choline once in awhile. I think it further helps your choline get used up with a racetam.... could be wrong... could this be our issue as well?

#12 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:15 PM

Lately I've been trying noopept on occasions and like to use it this method. Usually for about 2 days. Still don't have a scale and am probably dosing higher than I should but I'm using it sporadically so I don't mind dosing higher. It wasn't until the 4th or 5th day that I started experiencing side effects from high dosing. My first attempts at noopept I used large doses and I remember the first day was great. I felt like a took a mild valium that also gave me energy. The second day was almost as good. Then the subtle paranoia kicked in, then the lowered libido and semon amount. So I may continue to try this@2 days on 5 days off for awhile.

#13 ScienceGuy

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:03 PM

It's funny... when I used ALCAR...I got choline-shortage headaches again after not really getting them and only having to use choline once in awhile. I think it further helps your choline get used up with a racetam.... could be wrong... could this be our issue as well?

Bear in mind that ACETYL-L-CARNITINE increases ACETYLCHOLINE through provision of its ACETYL group, and TOO MUCH ACETYLCHOLINE = HEADACHE, hence if you are getting a headache after taking ALCAR it's more likely to be due to too much Acetylcholine and not due to too little Choline ;)

I don't don't get a headache after taking ALCAR, I get a whole array of other side effects that are almost certainly due to my residual Encephalitis and hence not normal.

Edited by ScienceGuy, 16 January 2012 - 07:05 PM.

#14 ScienceGuy

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:10 PM

...I started experiencing side effects... the subtle paranoia kicked in, then the lowered libido and semon amount.

Thanks for sharing! :)

I find it very interesting that the reports of paranoia and sexual side effects keep rolling in....

#15 chainwheel

• 49 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:55 PM

hey science guy... just want to commend you on correcting people (myself) in a postiive light and not being too critical (which can happen easily on forums where people feel that manners no longer need to exist when you aren't face to face with a person)..

Edited by chainwheel, 16 January 2012 - 07:56 PM.

#16 ScienceGuy

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:19 PM

hey science guy... just want to commend you on correcting people (myself) in a postiive light and not being too critical (which can happen easily on forums where people feel that manners no longer need to exist when you aren't face to face with a person)..

Thank you for the compliment! My ears are burning... :-D

But I'm in no way perfect, so I'm sure it's just a matter of time before I say something that transpires to be garbage and you're in a position to return the favour ;)

Edited by ScienceGuy, 18 January 2012 - 07:09 PM.

#17 chainwheel

• 49 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:29 PM

well, right now I haven't had any biochem or organic chem classes yet... just regular bio... so what I see written is my main source of understanding rather than a knowledge of biochem and reasoning at this point so I have to rely on those further ahead in their knowledge and hope they are right.. lol..

#18 angela86

• 54 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:05 AM

Hi everyone,

Experienced very strong anxiolytic effect that lasted for about 2 ½ hours, but this was accompanied by a severe spaced out feeling, brain fog and amotivation, to the extent that I became totally non-productive… I was like: “Errrrmmm… right, what was I doing? Errrrrmmmm… Okaaaayyyy…. Ugh hang on, why have I just gone downstairs again? Errrr... Ahhh I’ve just realised I’ve been staring into space for about 10 minutes… Errrrrmmmmm... Now what was I doing again?”

This was then followed by an annoying low level headache, a general weird feeling with some paranoia; and after the anxiolytic spaced out effect wore off I then experienced INCREASED anxiety akin to an immediate rebound effect, TERRIBLE sleep disruption and IMPAIRED overall cognitive function. This in particular was bizarre given many people on this forum have reported even 10mg doses inducing immediate astounding improvements in mental clarity; for me it was the exact opposite! Oh and I also found myself highly irritable, though this may have been partly as a result of the rubbish sleep quality.

Both anxiolytic effect and spaced out dumb feeling still occurred but much less severely (about 1/3 the intensity), but still experienced ALL the same undesirable side effects listed above.

I did NOT experience any anxiolytic effect or spaced out dumb feeling, but STILL experienced ALL the same undesirable side effects listed above.

Further to this, the NOOPEPT also DEFINITELY induced some sexual related side effects, specifically related to undesirable reduction in libido, and seminal volume, and reduction in self-confidence, all of which I have only experienced previously when I was a while ago found to have low testosterone levels (which have since been corrected).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consequently, I have decided that NOOPEPT is not for me, and hence I will be shelving it.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I do feel it is important that I point out to everyone reading this that I am typically more sensitive than the normal individual to suffering side effects due to my residual systemic inflammation (specifically residual Encephalitis) caused by tick borne pathogenic infection; hence, please kindly note that my negative experience with NOOPEPT may be towards the extreme end of the spectrum when it comes to side effects experienced and individual tolerability. This therefore, does NOT mean that you will or are likely to experience the same as I have.

It is also very interesting to note that the results of this poll for NOOPEPT: (http://www.longecity...or-thumbs-down/) is currently at 13 x THUMBS UP versus only 1 THUMBS DOWN.

However, I cannot help but notice, that despite this, there does appear to be an ever increasing number of reports from other users of NOOPEPT that it does indeed have the potential for all of the side effects that I have experienced, and hence may prove to be somewhat a double-edged sword (i.e. both good and bad effects) and hence whether or not it is a ‘good deal’ overall is yet to be established. For me certainly, it is very much NOT so.

I would recommend that anyone who wishes to try NOOPEPT for themselves to be aware of the possible side effects and start at a dosage of no more than 10mg once a day initially to see how you personally react to the substance, and then only if you find you are OK with that dose, increase your total daily dosage up to a total of 30 mg daily.

And if using the bulk powder you are STRONGLY advised to purchase a set of digital scales with accuracy of 1mg, such that you can accurately measure doses.

Yeah, I mean, taken aside the reduction in seminal fluid ... concur with the noopept results. ;-) It's literally the only nootropic that i've had problematic results with. My spacyness is off-the-charts, and I've noticed it takes me a longer time to put my sentences together. The only positive effect I've noticed with GSV-111 is when it's added with a little bit of alcohol. This happened to me serendipitously last week - and the repurcussions seem to flip or something. And, unlike you, I don't take an incredibly high dose either. Did you supplement any other products with it, or did you have it standalone?

#19 JChief

• 636 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:44 AM

Hi everyone,

Yeah, I mean, taken aside the reduction in seminal fluid ... concur with the noopept results. ;-) It's literally the only nootropic that i've had problematic results with. My spacyness is off-the-charts, and I've noticed it takes me a longer time to put my sentences together. The only positive effect I've noticed with GSV-111 is when it's added with a little bit of alcohol. This happened to me serendipitously last week - and the repurcussions seem to flip or something. And, unlike you, I don't take an incredibly high dose either. Did you supplement any other products with it, or did you have it standalone?

What effects did you notice with alcohol? I noticed that I was able to stay incredibly coordinated in spite of several drinks. ;)

#20 angela86

• 54 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:57 AM

Well, my verbosity is off the charts, for starters. :) And on top of that, all of my motions are a lot more fluid. I'd really love a biochemist to pipe and explain the intricate reasons of this.

#21 hX_

• 13 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:35 PM

20mg sublingual NOOPEPT kept me normal all day today when really I should have looked mad; after having had insomina all night due to being previously hit with an unintentional 2C-E letterbomb (badly packaged and quickly opened, I gasped with surprise at the cloud of powder in front of me - bad idea, easily 2 doses inhaled).

I acted normally if with a little weird sense of humour today, dealt with mates and tutors fine. Though't I'd share my mad couple days since its slightly relevant, its my personal experience.

#22 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:34 AM

how many mg's would 2 doses be? I have 2 2c-e capsules. kinda scared to take them.

Had em before the New Year but have committed to sobriety for the New Year.

Edited by joelski28, 18 January 2012 - 06:35 AM.

• dislike x 2
  • like x 1

#23 hX_

• 13 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:51 AM

Reckon I inhaled (into lungs throat) around 15mg-20mg, a quite strong trip, I guessed the amount from prior experience and how much I recovered from my trousers/desk after. 10mg is a normal "dose" but can get a bit heavily psychological and involved. Don't smoke weed to "chill out", it'll intensify it.

Don't be apprehensive of a trip, go in with good intentions and a positive outlook. What you expect the trip to be like is a huge part of "set". If things get a bit dark it is only your thoughts a the end of the day, if "everything" does go wrong benzos will quickly dull the crazy psychological effects and leave you with some nice floaty colours and a bit of confusion.

Edited by hX_, 18 January 2012 - 08:52 AM.

• dislike x 2
  • like x 1

#24 ScienceGuy

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:16 PM

That's interesting that you had a similar negative experience with NOOPEPT... :|?

FYI - I took the NOOPEPT with 1mg HYDERGINE, 100mg CHOLINE and 100mg PHOSPHATIDYLSERINE. I did not take my usual RACETAM stack with it.

#25 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:27 PM

I noticed decrease in libido/spaceyness/feeling weird with pretty much no positive effects. It also made my digestive system go weird, as if I was semi-sick with a stomach virus.
lol

#26 ScienceGuy

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:15 PM

I noticed decrease in libido/spaceyness/feeling weird with pretty much no positive effects. It also made my digestive system go weird, as if I was semi-sick with a stomach virus.
lol

Wow, again that's really interesting! Due to all the positive feedback I had read about NOOPEPT from some users I had thought that my not getting on with NOOPEPT might be an abnormal response caused by residual Encephalitis, but it transpires that I most certainly am NOT alone in this regard... Thanks for the feedback! :)

Edited by ScienceGuy, 19 January 2012 - 01:16 PM.

#27 jakord

• 57 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:33 AM

For now, I didn't have any of the negative effects you mentioned. For me, it feels a bit like a stimulant - which is great for me, as I'm diagnosed with hypersomnia. Just like "real" stimulants, it can upset your stomach, that's right.

#28 ScienceGuy

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:33 AM

For now, I didn't have any of the negative effects you mentioned. For me, it feels a bit like a stimulant - which is great...

I'm GREEN with ENVY... Life is just SO unfair sometimes! ;)

#29 hX_

• 13 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:50 PM

Yeah unfair like when you take fuckloads of heavily brain altering chemicals and then wonder the new ones don't all work quite like they do for other people.
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 ScienceGuy

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:18 PM

Yeah unfair like when you take fuckloads of heavily brain altering chemicals and then wonder the new ones don't all work quite like they do for other people.

You might like to try taking each new particular substance individually one at a time, like me, then you'd avoid having that problem... ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: noopept, memory, nootropic, cognition, racetam, piracetam, cognitive, smart drug, learning, attention

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users