• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

What kind of interventions for an indefinite lifespan?

indefinite lifespan

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Marios Kyriazis

• 466 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:00 PM

This may have already been discussed before, but I thought it is important to hear some fresh views.

If there was a treatment that lead to an indefinite lifespan, what form would it take? Weekly injections? Daily pills? A ‘one-off’ intervention?

I believe it would be a life-long process. Those who don’t do the ‘right’ things will not get the benefits. It would be a combination of interventional therapies such as those based on Synthetic Biology and nanotechnology (total worth, say 25%), as well as a suitable lifestyle (good diet etc, with additional daily Calorie Restriction Mimetics and other mimetics (worth 10%). Death-avoiding strategies such as safe lifestyle (safe sex, safe driving etc) would be worth perhaps another 5%. Other hitherto unknown therapies would account for another 10%. The other 50% would, I think, come from human integration with technology such as the Global Brain (see my ideas at http://hplusmagazine.com/2011/03/04/indefinite-lifespans-a-natural-consequence-of-the-global-brain/.

Note that my scenario does not give any value at all to antioxidants or other commonly available pills

What do you think?

#2 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:14 AM

It seems to me that it will likely end up being a varied combo of treatments too, however I continue to find myself surprised at just what kind of interventions researchers propose may be able to be made in pill form. In the future, most all food could come with the powder for indefinite life mixed right in. How great would that be? "Cheerios, now with 23% more indefinite life extension!"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users