• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo

Londoners

london

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 churchill

• 286 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:52 PM

If there is anyone else is in London interested in chatting about longevity and advocacy give me a shout!
  • like x 2

#2 Droplet

• Life Member, Advisor Honorary Advisor
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:59 PM

Not from London (I'm in the 2nd city) but if there is anything interesting going on down there, I can afford it and I'm not double booked, I'd not be averse to heading south. :)

#3 churchill

• Topic Starter
  • 286 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:07 PM

Not from London (I'm in the 2nd city) but if there is anything interesting going on down there, I can afford it and I'm not double booked, I'd not be averse to heading south. :)

Which is the second city? Birmingham I would guess because it has the second largest population...

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:18 PM

Which is the second city? Birmingham I would guess because it has the second largest population...

Correct. :)

#5 churchill

• Topic Starter
  • 286 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:37 AM

I was thinking about going to birmingham to go see the gadget show live there in April, I just have to figure out the logistics:)

#6 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:38 PM

It's easy to do...just hard to do cheaply. If you don't mind a grotty toilet, you can use the Megabus service from London to Birmingham. However, if you can afford it, train is best for speed and comfort.

#7 churchill

• Topic Starter
  • 286 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:44 PM

Money is not the problem it is more about getting the free time to go!

#8 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:40 PM

Money is not the problem it is more about getting the free time to go!

Tell me about it...getting time off at my place can be a pain in the arse too.

#9 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:31 PM

happy to meet up

#10 Marios Kyriazis

• 466 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:53 PM

If there is anyone else is in London interested in chatting about longevity and advocacy give me a shout!

See www.thebls.org for regular meetings in London with some interesting speakers. We had Aubrey last time, and the next meeting is on 31 Jan.

We are also looking for speakers if anyone is interested (any longevity subject)

#11 Inkstersco

• 42 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:53 PM

Glasgow? 'Second City of the Empire.'

:-D

#12 churchill

• Topic Starter
  • 286 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:56 AM

Glasgow? 'Second City of the Empire.'

:-D

Well not for long if Alex Salmond has his way. Very annoying considering I recently found out I might have Scottish roots.

#13 churchill

• Topic Starter
  • 286 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:05 AM

See www.thebls.org for regular meetings in London with some interesting speakers. We had Aubrey last time, and the next meeting is on 31 Jan.

We are also looking for speakers if anyone is interested (any longevity subject)

Sounds good, unfortunately 31st is a busy day already not sure if I would be able to make it.
Where do you hold the meetings and what are the timings?

#14 churchill

• Topic Starter
  • 286 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:33 AM

happy to meet up

Sounds good I am based near notting hill, my skype id is mtscstr, I will pm you my mobile.

#15 Marios Kyriazis

• 466 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:47 AM

Sounds good, unfortunately 31st is a busy day already not sure if I would be able to make it.
Where do you hold the meetings and what are the timings?

The meeting starts at 7 30 pm and it is near Belsize park tube station, contact me for details

#16 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:31 PM

How about a longecity queuing this Thursday 5:30 PM?

http://royalsociety....012/what-human/

#17 churchill

• Topic Starter
  • 286 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:16 AM

How about a longecity queuing this Thursday 5:30 PM?

http://royalsociety....012/what-human/

Looks interesting! I think I might manage to get there for 6:30pm, need to negotiate.

#18 churchill

• Topic Starter
  • 286 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:11 AM

I managed to go to the royal society meeting though I only made it to the over flow room. Who asked the question about technology and humans?

#19 minimes

• 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:44 PM

hello - am in London but not meeting anyone. Have hit middle age (and a bit) and having sudden PANIC PANIC PANIC and complete depression - I am not built to be a granny, I am 14 inside, this is DIGUSTING - do something gentlemen, I am freaking, seriously fkn freaking - this is toooo wrong for any woman - big up the older woman thing and I will get rich old women to leave you money or soemthing - but please- we need less superificiality, cheaper fake stuff, more bloody advice, more heart, and some kndness, my god I've been online for ten years and just looked in the mrror and seee I aged TWENTY years- I know the score, I am a health person- but hell this is wronggggg HELP S.O.S I am not granny no no no

#20 Hoppimike

• 10 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:53 PM

I'm very near - I live in Canterbury but my mum and often sis live very near London (edge of Zone 6.. so kinda in London!).

Would be cool to network more ^^

#21 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:58 AM

If I do decide to attend any sort of meeting, would quite likely have to be a weekend for me, as I work during the weekdays.

I'm not of a scientific mind/particularly smart so I won't be suprised if I ever did show up and couldn't really contribute a fat lot.

Edited by Droplet, 13 June 2012 - 06:02 AM.

#22 Enygma

• 19 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:06 AM

Another Londoner here, central city area. Just joined because someone gave me 6 doses of Hydergine and being the sort that would research the crap out of anything before I try it, found this forum. It's renewed my interest in nootropics. Already had some interest in anti-aging as I passed 50 not too long ago....

Anyway, would be good to meet up with, get to know others, that have similar interests, have a flexible(ish) schedule.
  • like x 1

#23 Marios Kyriazis

• 466 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:49 PM

Another Londoner here, central city area. Just joined because someone gave me 6 doses of Hydergine and being the sort that would research the crap out of anything before I try it, found this forum. It's renewed my interest in nootropics. Already had some interest in anti-aging as I passed 50 not too long ago....

Anyway, would be good to meet up with, get to know others, that have similar interests, have a flexible(ish) schedule.

As I mentioned before, check out www.thebls.org, we meet every two months in London and discuss all sorts of subjects, I would be interested in meeting a few immortalists but will only be available to go to the next meeting in November...

#24 Enygma

• 19 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:12 PM

Thanks mrszeta, went to check it out...

Why do they need my physical address for an email newsletter?
Feels a bit invasive firstly, and formal secondly. :ph34r:
Was hoping to find a more informal, relaxed sort of gathering.

Thanks,
~e.
  • like x 1

#25 churchill

• Topic Starter
  • 286 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:42 PM

I am in central happy to meet up, not into nootropics though. I don't require your physical address:)

#26 LongerStronger

• 11 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:20 PM

I would be interested in a bi weekly meet up or something, perhaps at a coffee house, or we could take it in turns to host?

#27 Enygma

• 19 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:13 AM

Hi LongerStronger, coffee shop meet up sounds like the ticket; when & where would be next question, I'm open to ideas. I'm in the Barbican, so in easy reach to lots. One thing though, being a full time single parent evenings can be a bit harder to do. I'm self employed, so days are flexible and weekends too.

Hi Churchill, how does that sound to you?

If it's ok with both, perhaps we can exchange mobile #'s via PM system here.
~e.

#28 CoffeeAHolic

• 6 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:41 PM

I am new here,

but something like this may interest me.

#29 churchill

• Topic Starter
  • 286 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:17 PM

Sounds good to me. I am near Notting hill gate, we could do somewhere near Oxford circus? Local starbucks?

#30 Enygma

• 19 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:30 AM

Oxford Circus sounds fine, anything but Starbux though, please.... I'll be in that area, coincidentally, so I'll keep an eye out something less corporate, if that's ok.

Hiya CoffeeAHolic, I'm relatively new here too, look forward to meet ups.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: london

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users