• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

PQQ (Pyrroloquinoline Quinone) - THUMBS UP or THUMBS DOWN?

pqq pyrroloquinoline quinone mitochondria mitochondrial energy neuroprotective coenzyme q10 coq10 neuroprotection

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

Poll: PQQ (Pyrroloquinoline Quinone) - THUMBS UP or THUMBS DOWN? (130 member(s) have cast votes)

PQQ (Pyrroloquinoline Quinone) - THUMBS UP or THUMBS DOWN?

1. THUMBS UP: "DID yield decent enough beneficial therapeutic effects; and DID NOT EXPERIENCE intolerable side effects; and IS WORTH the cost" (83 votes [63.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 63.85%

2. Voted THUMBS DOWN: "DID NOT yield decent enough beneficial therapeutic effects; and/or EXPERIENCED intolerable side effects; and/or IS NOT WORTH the cost" (47 votes [36.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.15%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:27 PM

This is a POLL regarding PQQ (Pyrroloquinoline Quinone)

What I am particularly interested in is receiving USER FEEDBACK regarding PQQ (Pyrroloquinoline Quinone) regarding whether OVERALL you'd vote PQQ:

THUMBS UP = "DID yield decent enough beneficial therapeutic effects; and DID NOT EXPERIENCE intolerable side effects; and IS WORTH the cost"; or

THUMBS DOWN = "DID NOT yield decent enough beneficial therapeutic effects; and/or EXPERIENCED intolerable side effects; and/or IS NOT WORTH the cost"

Edited by rwac, 14 March 2012 - 03:58 PM.

#2 nbourbaki

• 106 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:05 PM

A suggestion for another possible result, Haven't been able to gauge improvement or determine cost to benefit ratio. Since PQQ is just hitting the market, there may be a number of people who have just started this supplement
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 ScienceGuy

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:18 PM

A suggestion for another possible result, Haven't been able to gauge improvement or determine cost to benefit ratio. Since PQQ is just hitting the market, there may be a number of people who have just started this supplement

I appreciate that this poll might be somewhat premature given PQQ being such a 'new kid on the block' but what I'm really interested in is receiving feedback from those (albeit possibly few) individuals who HAVE trialled PQQ to the extent that they can offer an opinion.

Those who haven't simply should not vote, but of course can read the results of the poll with interest ;)

#4 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:25 PM

So my rating would be: "DID yield decent enough beneficial therapeutic effects originally; and DID NOT EXPERIENCE intolerable side effects; and WAS WORTH the cost". I think it gave me some benefits originally, but it has faded over time.

#5 ScienceGuy

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:35 PM

So my rating would be: "DID yield decent enough beneficial therapeutic effects originally; and DID NOT EXPERIENCE intolerable side effects; and WAS WORTH the cost". I think it gave me some benefits originally, but it has faded over time.

Interesting... :)

#6 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:39 PM

Possibly, I got better since then.

#7 mpe

• Guest, F@H
  • 275 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:28 PM

Would it be possible that you simply adapted to the PQQ and so no longer notice the changes rather than it having less effect ?

#8 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:17 AM

Probably not, I stopped taking it and didn't notice a difference.

#9 X_Danny_X

• 344 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:18 AM

i didnt feel any thing from PPQ. i was told to take it at night. even that didnt help matters. i am getting more intelligent but i think it is with the other noots that i am taking that helps with that. the way ComputerTHis described it was that he felt new and improved and more intelligent like never before, but he was the only one to experience such a strong positive reaction. others mentioned that it did nothing for them.

Edited by X_Danny_X, 01 February 2012 - 12:19 AM.

#10 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:14 AM

X danny what are you taking thats making u more intelligent? U mean the uridine combo?

#11 X_Danny_X

• 344 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:14 AM

I am taking Spirulina ( for Uridine), Eggs (for Choline), Fish Oil (DPA/DHA)........for the Uridine combo. I am also taking Seligiline, Ashwhaganda, ALCAR, Cat's Claw, and Melatonin.

I started taking PQQ before the Uridine combo and before adding Ashwhaganda and Seligiline. I got sold on it with ComputerTHIS posts but I finished a bottle of it and felt the same and no increased.

I added the Uridine Combo and ofcourse Seligiline, Ashwhaganda, ALCAR, etc. later and I started feeling better, my typing increased, my speech improved and my intelligence went up. I also play Gnutella binary beats to help my mind in alpha state when I study.

I dont know which one is the most responsible for my abilities increase and intelligence but I am leaning towards Seligiline, Ashwhaganda, ALCAR, Cat's Claw, since I started it first. Added Melatonin later. I am still testing the waters with Uridine but I am not too sure what I amount I am getting from using Spirulina. Still, I feel much happier, focused, and motivated. I have to attribute that to Uridine combo, still testing the waters with this combo but so far I think it is helping me. at least in terms of motivation and focus.

I still have a bottle left, might as well finish it. From ComputerTHis posts, I think he mentioned that it can work with Selegiline but so far he is the only one that experience such a giant boost of everthing using PQQ.

Edited by X_Danny_X, 01 February 2012 - 04:16 AM.

#12 JChief

• 636 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:46 AM

I recently added PQQ to my regimen a few weeks ago. Nothing noticeable I would attribute to PQQ. I am unable to gauge whether or not its inclusion is justified. I felt it was not cost prohibitive @ roughly $18 per month and am currently viewing this as playing more of a supportive role in my regimen. I did not vote in the poll as a result. I am continuing to take it but have not experienced anything acute.

Edited by JChief, 03 February 2012 - 08:47 AM.

#13 ScienceGuy

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:39 AM

I recently added PQQ to my regimen a few weeks ago. Nothing noticeable I would attribute to PQQ. I am unable to gauge whether or not its inclusion is justified. I felt it was not cost prohibitive @ roughly $18 per month and am currently viewing this as playing more of a supportive role in my regimen. I did not vote in the poll as a result. I am continuing to take it but have not experienced anything acute.

Thanks for the feedback! Very interesting! :)

#14 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:43 PM

Thumbs up.

I've been taking PQQ for more than a year now, and most of the effects were apparent within the first two to seven days. Ever since I've been on higher plane of functioning, with a gradual improvement in strength, stamina, mental functioning, and skin appearance. (I take it with the usual regime of alcar, alpha lipoic, and coq10.) Probably I wouldn't have benefited as I did but I was 59 when I started, and suffered from the residual effects of the godawful mitochondrial poisons I'd taken years before--statins.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 10 March 2012 - 12:43 PM.

#15 Destiny's Equation

• 276 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:01 AM

The poll says “THUMBS UP” and “THUMBS UP”.

#16 Snoopy

• 105 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:52 PM

Celery, fermented natto and parsley are the way forward for PQQ!

#17 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:02 AM

Celery, fermented natto and parsley are the way forward for PQQ!

Really? These things contain milligram quantities of PQQ? My guess would be micrograms, or maybe nanograms... but I haven't looked at it.

#18 Snoopy

• 105 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:17 AM

Yes good point, it's also worth considering what quantity are you are realistically going to eat these foods in. 100 grams of Natto is more palatable! Mind you, some ug's may have disproportionate more therapeutic effect than none... another reason for the French paradox?!

Here is my reference:
http://pyrroloquinol.../pqq-rich-food/
  • like x 1

#19 1thoughtMaze1

• 335 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:45 AM

Wiki says stack it with CoQ10, study showed a twofold improvement in memory with placebo controled group, its under cognition on wiki, to lazy to look deeper. But ill add both to my stack

Edited by 1thoughtMaze1, 09 July 2012 - 03:47 AM.

#20 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

Yes good point, it's also worth considering what quantity are you are realistically going to eat these foods in. 100 grams of Natto is more palatable! Mind you, some ug's may have disproportionate more therapeutic effect than none... another reason for the French paradox?!

Here is my reference:
http://pyrroloquinol.../pqq-rich-food/

Natto is more palatable? If you're Japanese, perhaps. And if you don't mind eating two to ten kilograms of it to get the PQQ of one 10 mg capsule.

#21 Darkat

• 25 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

Tried it a while ago and got no noticeable benefit. Really hard to justify the cost.

#22 Ehren Ekhause

• 1 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

It is worth noting that this substance may serve more for primary prevention and maintenance rather than creating a noticeable change in mind/body. It's like changing the oil on your car, I dont notice a difference when I do, but I need to do it otherwise down the road I'll brake down. There is growing evidence for this drug over the long term, an investment into our future state.

As perceptive/sense beings, we attribute something working by creating a change from where we are currently at. "I dont feel good, go to Dr, now I feel good, I'm all better! The Dr fixed me." This change in sensation is not meaningless but it does not fully represent effect. As beings of the present, it's very easy for us to desire a change now, but "now" me needs to think about "future" me. 20 years from now I can look back and wish I had the state of being I have now. Let's take care of us both.

Diversify your portfolio!
  • like x 5
  • Well Written x 1

#23 lourdaud

• 516 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:28 AM

Are there any possible interactions with PQQ/Ubiquinol and other drugs/supps that one should be aware of?
I remember taking ubiquinol together with a big coctail of other stuff (among others 2C-E) and remember having a really adverse reaction to it (fatigue, nausea, ringing in the airs etc)

#24 ClarkSims

• Life Member
  • 232 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

I have been using PQQ for a few weeks now. I feel healthy. I have been taking a large amount of other anti oxidants: C60 OO/ Methylene Blue / Q10 / Astazanthan / Alpha Lipoic Acide / Vitamins B C D E / pomegranate juice / beet juice / cranberry juice

I think of it more as maintenance and repair. I think it will take many years of use, to definitely say I am aging more slowly than my piers.

#25 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:43 PM

Did not notice anything from this supplement. As you can see the positive reviews here are largely subjective and were not done in isolation of other supplements. I think that proves enough that this is not really worth the $.
  • dislike x 5
  • like x 1

#26 OpaqueMind

• 471 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:41 PM

Did not notice anything from this supplement. As you can see the positive reviews here are largely subjective and were not done in isolation of other supplements. I think that proves enough that this is not really worth the $.

So, everyone's viewpoint except yours is subjective... are you by any chance the OMNIPOTENT ALMIGHTY ONE?? The grand all seeing eye? The objectivity in the sky? What are you doing on a life extension forum god?

I have experienced profound results using PQQ in combination with LLLT (low level laser therapy). You can read about mine, LostFalcos, and soon to be other's experiences over in his expansively awesome thread.
  • like x 4
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#27 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:58 PM

This stuff takes a few weeks to kick in,but works well.

#28 empedocles

• 42 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:08 PM

Just ordered some , will update after a few weeks use... if this thread is still alive by then.

#29 airplanepeanuts

• 352 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:38 PM

This stuff takes a few weeks to kick in,but works well.

What did it do for you?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 genesis187

• 10 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:54 AM

I took it for about 1 week.
I can't affirm that it improved my creativity or intelligence, but I definitely felt like I had more energy. It gave me a very WIDE AWAKE feeling, but without the stimulation you get from caffeine. It was also keeping me up at night, so I stopped taking it.

22 y/o male
4.5g piracetam 2x daily (10am and at 5pm)
250mg CDP choline 2x
366mg EPA/144mg DHA 2x
450mg ALCAR 2x
450mg L-theanine 2x
100mg CoQ10 1x
creatine monohydrate 4g 1x
2 cups coffee (1 at 10am and 1pm)
multivitamin 1x

I'll start taking it again soon, and I will take it earlier in the morning.
  • like x 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pqq, pyrroloquinoline, quinone, mitochondria, mitochondrial, energy, neuroprotective, coenzyme q10, coq10, neuroprotection

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users