• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Long term negative effects of piracetam?

negative

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 brainslugged

• 305 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:40 AM

I am a bit worried and confused after reading a few forum posts about piracetam.

The first is about actual impared cognition.

I took piracetam for a few months
The effects are devasteting
I feel like I have cement in my head
My concentration droped dramatically and, what is worst, my memory, which used to be my precious assett,
has big holes
My learning capacity plumbered
Does anyone know how to take piracetam away from my system, some kind of antidot
For now I take vitamin B6 It does diminish the negative effects a little
The funny thing is that , when I drink alcohol, firstly I am now more resilient (I used to get almost drunk from a beer) and I actually think clearly
I guess because of the high level of sugar induced by alcohol
BTW, when I drink Coca Cola(like 2 liters -sorry, I am from Europe) I actually feel good
But the damn thing is still in my head I can actually feel it
I have zones on my brain which are like full of concrete
Anyone knows an antidot

To be very clear : I did not take piracetam for ten years now, and it is still in my head !!!!!!!
PLEASE

But then the story starts to make less sense. He/she says

Just so you know, before I took piracetam, I scored 180 points at an Iq test, and I was told it was pretty high

This seems suspicious. If he/she scored 180 on an IQ test, i would think that, for one thing, they would know already that that is high, and that they wouldn't just be told that it is "pretty high". 180 is quite extraordinary and I believe it would qualify them to be on some sort of record list.

Then this

It seems that because of lack of choline, it did not metabolize, but instead added up in my brain
You will say it is impossible, just trust me, that is exactly what happened
I now realize that those "cement" areas in my brain are actually extremelly excited areas, full of piracetam

Which confuses me because I thought that piracetam was not metabolized at all.

Some people on the forum said that he may have schizophrenia, which seems possible. I read that schizophrenics often feel as though they have an implant or something similar in their brain. I don't mean to discredit the guy, but they story seems sort of unreliable to me...

Another post from another forum is more realistic and thus more frightening.

I'm a very rare case, but I took piracetam for 2 week and I now have muscle convulsions randomly, at different places of my body, at random times. sometimes twice in a minute, other times twice in an hour. it only lasts for a few seconds. i only took it for 2 weeks and the side-effects have been present for the last 3-4 months. i don't think its going away... eh.

But this is on an ADD forum and it is unclear if he was also taking adderol at the same time.

Are these anything to worry about? I don't want to attempt to improve cognition and end up damaging it beyond repair.

#2 angela86

• 54 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:59 AM

Omgoodness, I have never heard such negative and hyperbolic reviews related to piracetam before. They must have been combing methylphenidate (or who knows what else) and were confusing what was causing what.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 SuperjackDid_

• 528 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:06 AM

I think topic like this should serious discuss because of Piracetam is so confusing noot right now ,
look at Popular forum search tag .

First of all ,i also have very negative effect from Piracetam like user on forum post like hard to talk ,read,write,driving car that for sometime Piracetam effect
even drop in a week ,negative effect still remain .

Look like Piracetam is really poison or some impurity in UCB brand ,that possible?

Right now i use in lower dose ,i'm long term Piracetam user almost 2 years ,but Piracetam seem give me some Good effect like Environment lucid/very bright

or it just overexciting NMDA receptor and less choline so manic think that it give great effect over year pass.

Lately i tried micro-dose and effect more better ,i mean less brain fog ,verbal much more lucid but still often select wrong word when talk or writing .

I summarized as
1.Piracetam impurity suppy.
2. Over stimulation when continue taking it at same dose and cause negative effect even can cause brain damage (everything overexcite nmda receptor should make brain damage).
3.Hormonle level (in non-responder thread) ,i also tried that suggestion but seem it not give me much benefit like hormonal supplement itself that do it good.
4. Unpublished UCB research that cause neurotoxicity ,so public user will never know about it,
this one very useful for Drug company to make user more stupid and develop Alzheimer and they can sell more drug .

I think would be great to have all conclusion on Piracetam efficiency theory including short term,long term in one thread to avoid confusing to new comer .

#4 brainslugged

• Topic Starter
  • 305 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:27 AM

I think topic like this should serious discuss because of Piracetam is so confusing noot right now ,
look at Popular forum search tag .

First of all ,i also have very negative effect from Piracetam like user on forum post like hard to talk ,read,write,driving car that for sometime Piracetam effect
even drop in a week ,negative effect still remain .

Look like Piracetam is really poison or some impurity in UCB brand ,that possible?

Right now i use in lower dose ,i'm long term Piracetam user almost 2 years ,but Piracetam seem give me some Good effect like Environment lucid/very bright

or it just overexciting NMDA receptor and less choline so manic think that it give great effect over year pass.

Lately i tried micro-dose and effect more better ,i mean less brain fog ,verbal much more lucid but still often select wrong word when talk or writing .

I summarized as
1.Piracetam impurity suppy.
2. Over stimulation when continue taking it at same dose and cause negative effect even can cause brain damage (everything overexcite nmda receptor should make brain damage).
3.Hormonle level (in non-responder thread) ,i also tried that suggestion but seem it not give me much benefit like hormonal supplement itself that do it good.
4. Unpublished UCB research that cause neurotoxicity ,so public user will never know about it,
this one very useful for Drug company to make user more stupid and develop Alzheimer and they can sell more drug .

I think would be great to have all conclusion on Piracetam efficiency theory including short term,long term in one thread to avoid confusing to new comer .

Where did you buy the piracetam that you used?

Also, I mean this in the least rude way possible, but is your native language english? I see your location is Thailand, and I would like to know if the grammar is due to the fact that you are not a native english speaker or if it is due to the piracetam.

There seems to be 2 sides to piracetam. On one hand, research shows no negative effects, even that it is neuroprotective, but on the other, there are instances like this and a supposed research that shows neurotoxicity. So confusing.

#5 Solthar

• 10 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:04 AM

I would vote on there being impurities in their batch. I've personally been taking piracetam for around 18 months with no major issues. The only problems I've run into are easily fixed by taking a small dose of choline.

#6 SuperjackDid_

• 528 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:16 PM

I'm using original UCB product ,here my anothor thread about original UCB brand ,indeed i tried many Piracetam source even from China.

At most beginning at start Piracetam i play some DNB game i gain D7B ,sound i'm in genious level .

Everytime i take Piracetam 400mg ,it give me so pronounce effect ,mood lift ,verbal very lucid ,i talk with people with ease ,but that can be manic anyway ,i not sure ,but no brain fog that time.

Piracetam give me good mood at morning at that time about a week ,

After then
Piracetam start to develop negative respond like migraine headache.

I also suffer from migraine till now occasionally , lately so often I take herb to calm it down.

Ok,discuss more about point that i have summaries

1.For about impurity i think not ,because of I using original UCB product,except Piracetam is target for make poison people ,and information on forum just hype us .
2.Overstimulation to NMDA receptor when continue use ,
This one i still in experment and seem very promissing for this case ,i take about 10-25mg today each at morning and evening

Morning dose most do nothing ,i think because of too much cortisone produced so Piracetam not working efficiency .
Evening dose i get some sleepy effect ,and irritability effect ,look like i have low carb ,take more carb not get much benefit .

Indeed Piracetam is so troublesome to get it consistence good effect ,not suitable for daily work at all

For sleepy effect ,i have gather some info that Piracetam increase Glucose uptake ,
when feel sleepy just take more sugar ,right it help but i think this one can mark real problem such as Overxciting to NMDA receptor and we get more damaged.?
Because of brain will get more firing rate ,and also how about develop Diabetes long term ?

3. Hormone level ,i not discus in this thread because of there also have some conclusion ,but no paper confirm it ,even about newrotoxicity by body unable to get rid of too much glutamate .
No paper has confirm at all for their conclusion.

4.Drug company will get more money if have a lot of Alzheimer user by give lie imformation about Piracetam ,
indeed if Piracetam is really poison ,people will start slowly develop Alzheimer disease and need to visit doctor or buy new drug to cure/help himself .

in my opinion Piracetam also is addictive drug ,i'm quest for it efficiency for year pass ,i just can drop it for at most a week and went it back.

English is not my native tongue.

I no longer interest in play DNB any more because of i seem sleepy all day not willing to do anything

WIll experiment on Piracetam nano-dose ,get idea from MB thread .

#7 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:31 AM

Never had any negative effects taking up to 50grams in a day. I'm baffled by it. Everyone is different I suppose but I can't imagine they would be anything more than a little anxiety or foggy head for a few hours.

#8 brainslugged

• Topic Starter
  • 305 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:05 AM

I'm using original UCB product ,here my anothor thread about original UCB brand ,indeed i tried many Piracetam source even from China.

At most beginning at start Piracetam i play some DNB game i gain D7B ,sound i'm in genious level .

Everytime i take Piracetam 400mg ,it give me so pronounce effect ,mood lift ,verbal very lucid ,i talk with people with ease ,but that can be manic anyway ,i not sure ,but no brain fog that time.

Piracetam give me good mood at morning at that time about a week ,

After then
Piracetam start to develop negative respond like migraine headache.

I also suffer from migraine till now occasionally , lately so often I take herb to calm it down.

Ok,discuss more about point that i have summaries

1.For about impurity i think not ,because of I using original UCB product,except Piracetam is target for make poison people ,and information on forum just hype us .
2.Overstimulation to NMDA receptor when continue use ,
This one i still in experment and seem very promissing for this case ,i take about 10-25mg today each at morning and evening

Morning dose most do nothing ,i think because of too much cortisone produced so Piracetam not working efficiency .
Evening dose i get some sleepy effect ,and irritability effect ,look like i have low carb ,take more carb not get much benefit .

Indeed Piracetam is so troublesome to get it consistence good effect ,not suitable for daily work at all

For sleepy effect ,i have gather some info that Piracetam increase Glucose uptake ,
when feel sleepy just take more sugar ,right it help but i think this one can mark real problem such as Overxciting to NMDA receptor and we get more damaged.?
Because of brain will get more firing rate ,and also how about develop Diabetes long term ?

3. Hormone level ,i not discus in this thread because of there also have some conclusion ,but no paper confirm it ,even about newrotoxicity by body unable to get rid of too much glutamate .
No paper has confirm at all for their conclusion.

4.Drug company will get more money if have a lot of Alzheimer user by give lie imformation about Piracetam ,
indeed if Piracetam is really poison ,people will start slowly develop Alzheimer disease and need to visit doctor or buy new drug to cure/help himself .

in my opinion Piracetam also is addictive drug ,i'm quest for it efficiency for year pass ,i just can drop it for at most a week and went it back.

English is not my native tongue.

I no longer interest in play DNB any more because of i seem sleepy all day not willing to do anything

WIll experiment on Piracetam nano-dose ,get idea from MB thread .

Did you take choline with the piracetam? If so, how much? Did you take anything else alongside the piracetam?

If you think it is poison, why do you keep taking it? If it is addictive, you should visit a support group or seek help in some way.

When you had stopped for a week, did you notice the negative, dementia-like effects gone?

Also, when did the dementia effects start to set in? Was it with the headache or after? By dementia effects, I mean the difficulty reading, writing, and driving.

What is your nano-dose you are taking? Is it still working for you?

Finally, what evidence is there for this unpublished research? It seems unlikely that such research can exist while remaining unpublished, and the who thing sounds very conspiracy theory esque to me.

#9 SuperjackDid_

• 528 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:30 PM

I take 7-8 g /day lecithin with Piracetam .
I change my mind now about Piracetam ,but effect similar to poison ,so i think first goal of Piracetam is poison .

Dementia-like will vanish away but take time a fews day but i have some other effect that Piracetam cure me
like i lost some but gain some .

Dementia effects follow by headace ,um within a few day ,i have cronic headace when i'm on normal dose 200mg ,
need herb to calm down /co-supplement for it along-side.

Micro dose ,currently at 5mg /today i try combine with Midafinil that sometime i have great benefit but this time not ,
it give me dull effect ,i play sport with no idea how to play today.

UCB have unpublished research but it might not releate to Piracetam directly .

My more opinion about Piracetam ,
I think it on individual including me ,i might have kind of Bi-Polar ,that my NMDA receptor already fire in rapid rate so Piracetam make my symtom worse ,
but why it give me great at first few weeks ?

In non-responder thread already have discuss about this symptom but even in 5mg Piracetam still not working great if hormonal is in balance ?

but why Piracetam give bad in long term like me if Piracetam is really safe ?

Symtom include walking problem ,tingling ,i'm sure Piracetam involve for it .

If i combine with something that sysnergeric with Piracetam ,i have more problem ,more headace ,if i not take ALA i get more walking problem.

First because of Piracetam give god effect like Isoma experience ,so i quest for it by try ton of supplement but fews that can help Piracetam bring god effect back,but it alway vanish in next day and totally disappear,

like brain working so hard and it fried .

Magnesium calm my brain down ,
My plan is to take microdose and also take NMDA-ANTAGONIST to help calm firing rate .

Or Take Piracetam on occasion if i feel environment no longer interesting.

Thank .

#10 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:59 PM

PIRACETAM is very safe.This is an extraordinary abnormal reaction.

I am just guessing here, but IMO the reaction could be due to a RARE allergy to the chemical.

For every substance that exists there's almost certainly at least ONE person on the planet whom is allergic to it.

This could be one of those instances.

#11 creation6is

• 6 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:39 PM

Nootropix is fake and is just trying to scare people off of piracetam for whatever reason. Perhaps they just don't want any competitors. I would think that after taking an intelligence enhancing drug like piracetam the posters would be more perceptive. Life experience enhances survivability not machine modification.
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#12 SuperjackDid_

• 528 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:05 PM

I think Piracetam not for some people like me and many others(a lot of bad experience found by simple search) .

Until now ,i not yet sure why Piracetam have so much research about good side ,but few in bad side.

And many country list as poisonous .

I no longer take Piracetam ,until have some more info ,i still try read a lot around the web including all major research website ,unlucky i'm not medical student ,so i can wrong interpret very short abstract.

One more my girlfriend also have same experience as me ,i think diets we eat everyday put bad synergistic with Piracetam ,and why she also respond so bad same as me ,
show now have ADD issue after 3 times Piracetam experimental .

But why not , everyone said it pretty safe ,but indeed it seem, it killed my brain cell by i have walking problem ,no way to talk with people becuase of i dont' know how to select right word ,and how to question ,and many others brain relate problem .

Piracetam is just so bad for long-term ,and also very badly for someone even in single dose .

I try not scare people ,but it truly happen to me .

My life now dimmer ,fun activity is not for me .

I not try to depression my self but just tell some about my experience about Piracetam .

#13 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:31 PM

You probably are a victim of glutamate excitotoxicity, you are from Thailand and asian food is generally very high in glutamate! Piracetam increases NMDA receptor density by 20%, if you have high glutamate it will overstimulate your cells in calcium and kill your neurons.
Best thing to do is not take piracetam chronically and make a washout every week and/or supplement taurine and magnesium. Taurine to eat up excess glutamate and magnesium to avoid glutamate-induced stress and calcium floods.
Piracetam is safe if use is controlled, taking it everyday is I think totally useless due to long term homeostasis.
However I wouldn't say it's very safe not only because it can lower excitotoxicity thresolds but also that it can increase blood thinning which is good but when combined with other blood thinning drugs is harmful.
Nootropix don't think your life is totally ruined, piracetam partly destroyed it but then stop taking the poison and regenerate your brain cells with brain stimulation/exercises and NGF boosters.

Edited by renfr, 26 September 2012 - 09:33 PM.

• like x 1

#14 Joe Cohen

• 156 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:50 PM

It's oxidative stress to the hypothalamus

http://selfhacked.co...with-piracetam/

• dislike x 2
  • Good Point x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#15 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 05:55 PM

Funny all these people that kept having side effects but continued to dose week after week. IT either works or it doens't. If your having side effects discontinue. Piracetam was like magic for me. I took truckloads of the stuff. I've unfortunately lost most of the magic but with breaks and healthy diet I can still retain some of the benefits.

Nootropix was trying to get piracetam to work for him for years. He's just a troll. Why won't it work. How do I make it work etc where his questions. Disregard.

I do now believe Piracetam isn't as safe as it once was thought but there are co factors that can be taken with it to hep prevent burnout. Cycling it would also be optimal.

I'm on the hunt now for what some of the co factors that are needed to take with it aside from choline I can't seem to find the thread. People had claimed when using certain co factors it elimniated any burnout fatigue from long term supplementation of piracetam

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: negative

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users