Photo

PQQ

pqq vitamin

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 treonsverdery

• 1,312 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:07 PM

The methylation agent PQQ has been described as the first essential nonhuman as well as nonbacteria produced nutrient since before I born http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PQQ

wikipedia says
PQQ is taken as a dietary supplement to support mitochondrial health and cellular energy production, and to protect the body from oxidative stress. Most notably, PQQ stimulates the spontaneous growth of new mitochondria in aging cells, and activates genes that govern mitochondrial reproduction, protection, and repair.

the study demonstrated that PQQ not only protects mitochondria from oxidative stress—it promotes the spontaneous generation of new mitochondria within aging cells, a process known as mitochondrial biogenesis.[25] The implications of this revelation for human health and longevity are significant because the only other known methods proven to stimulate mitochondiral biogenesis in aging humans are intense aerobic exercise,[26] strict caloric restriction,[27] and certain medications such as thiazolidinediones[28] and the diabetes drug metformin.[

suggesting it as a vitamin is a result of my reading the lef.org article

http://www.lef.org/m...=search&key=pqq Neither humans nor the bacteria that colonize the human digestive tract have demonstrated the ability to synthesize it.19 This has led researchers to classify PQQ as an essential micronutrient.20

Although found at plants this sounds like a thing to put at a high functionality multivitamin

Edited by treonsverdery, 06 February 2012 - 09:14 PM.

#2 DoomAndGloom

• 46 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:47 AM

I would like this, too, plus it is in somewhat small doses (a few milligrams usually) so it won't take up too much space. I wonder what the added cost would be, if its significant.

#3 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:05 PM

Some Longecity member experiences with PQQ.

A poll about PQQ

Any longer term studies? Safety profile? Will need to see some data before it is included in Vimmortal.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pqq, vitamin

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users