• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * - 22 votes

Piracetam - How to get all the benefits from it

piracetam nootropics non-responders oxiracetam aniracetam noopept memory cognition learning choline

• Please log in to reply
469 replies to this topic

#1 Hyperspace21

• 110 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:31 PM

Many people have trouble with nootropics, mainly racetams, the fluctuating success stories have a reason behind it.

My team and I will try and crack the reasons behind some of the problems that people experience with nootropics and also try to solve them.

We are also working on the 'Ultimate Nootropic' and I will keep updating about the progress; here in this thread. Although the composition of this new substance is highly classified; I can still give you hints about its features.

We solely work on research, clinical trials and sometimes basic logic.

If the results to our research and clinical trials come out positive, then I'll soon post a complete complete guide for Nootropics along with some solutions to common problems.

Feel free to post any problems you may have with nootropics and I or someone else here will get to you as soon as possible. :)

MODERATOR NOTE: This thread has caused a lot of controversy. Many questions were raised about this posters identity and credentials. A separate thread has been made with all things pertaining to that possible issue.

Please keep everything in this thread related to the subject of getting the most benefits from piracetam. Any other off-topic comments will be flagged by the community and deleted promptly. Thanks for your understanding and sorry for the interruption.

-manic

Edited by manic_racetam, 07 March 2012 - 08:25 AM.

• like x 4
  • dislike x 3

#2 Hyperspace21

• Topic Starter
  • 110 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:52 PM

We got a few results today on the effects of piracetam and vision.

The results, showed that the glutamate increase in the synapses; (released in controlled amounts); showed that people experienced a higher perception of colour and detail who had normal and slightly higher glutamate levels in the brain. The calcium ion channels (Ca+ ions) were responsible for the release of the glutamate neurotransmitter. The study showed that people with TOO MUCH Calcium in their neurons and post-synaptic space, experienced dulled/ normal perception of colour an detail; the same goes for the people who had TOO LITTLE Calcium in their brain. It is like the 'U' shaped curve with experienced with Piracetam dosage.

Piracetam controls the release of Ca+ ions and glutamates in the brain, like previous studies have concluded, a dosage of 4.8 grams secretes the right amount of glutamate in the brain and regulates the Calcium ion channels. However, it was noticed that people who previously took Piracetam for more than 3 weeks required less dosage amounts of Piracetam (between 1000mg and 2800mg; some people exhibited the same effects when they took 4800mg) as compared to the new consumers.

The private clinical trials proceeded as so:
The test was conducted between the period of Jan 15 and Feb 15. It consisted of 100 people, 50 of whom were regular piracetam consumers and had consumed it for over the 3 weeks while the other 50 were new consumers. The tests were carried out over the period of 4 weeks in a double-blind placebo controlled study. The first set of 25 people (consisting of previous piracetam consumers and new piracetam consumers) were given 4.8 grams of Piracetam with 300mg - 700mg of choline supplementation.

The second set of 25 people (also consisting of previous piracetam consumers and new piracetam consumers) were given 4.8 grams of Piracetam with 300mg - 700mg of Choline supplementation and 10mg - 100mg L-Glutamate supplementation.

The third set of 25 people (consisting of previous piracetam consumers and new piracetam consumers) were given Piracetam with 300mg - 700mg of Choline supplementation and 500mg L-Glutamate supplementation.

The Fourth set of 25 people (consisting of previous piracetam consumers and new piracetam consumers) were given placebo.

The results were recorded as so:
11 Previous Piracetam consumers and New Piracetam consumers in the first set experienced the 'enhanced vision' effect without glutamate supplementation. The other 14 people experienced no such effect ,however, they did feel the other effects that Piracetam provides (enhanced speech,cognitive function and music). The responders had regular a amount of glutamate in their brain (due to their diet). The non-responders lacked the glutamate levels and some lacked calcium ion levels.

21 Previous Piracetam consumers and New Piracetam consumers in the second set reported the 'enhanced vision' effect. The other 4 did not respond. The responders showed slightly elevated glutamate levels in the brain, with a regular amount of calcium ions between post-synaptic spaces and neurons. The non - responders did not react due to insufficient amount of calcium ions in their brain.

7 Previous Piracetam consumers and New Piracetam consumers reported the 'enhanced vision' effect.11 Previous Piracetam consumers and New Piracetam consumers did not report the 'enhanced vision' effect or any effect at all, 7 people reported the other benefits that Piracetam provides. The responders had a high amounts of glutamates in their brain but they also had a lower calcium ion concentration. The complete non-responders had too much glutamate in their brain with a regular concentration of calcium ions. the non-responders to the 'enhanced vision' but responders to the other effects had too much glutamate in their brain but the also had a slightly low concentration of calcium ions.

All 25 Previous Piracetam consumers and New Piracetam consumers in the fourth set did not report anything (they were given a placebo).

The conclusions made, were based on this report.

In other news our research team has cracked some small pieces for the 'Ultimate Nootropic' , the composition of which is highly classified, but don't get your hopes up though, they are still a long way from cracking the components of the other 70% of the Nootropic. We are trying to get some of our results published in a few science magazines and also trying to catalog this information on a well known database. Wish us luck. :)

There is also an article that exhibits the effect of glutamates on the eyes.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC2474471/
  • like x 4
  • dislike x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Hyperspace21

• Topic Starter
  • 110 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:14 PM

As a fellow member (ScienceGuy) queried in a different thread (piracetam non-responders) about the basis of the precise amount of L-Glutamate given to the people; I'm here to answer the question,

Each person was first tested for glutamate sensitivity. When a person consumes too much glutamate they become restless and show signs of dehydration. Their blood pressure drops too. Too little glutamate causes glucose levels to drop. A good balanced amount of glutamate keeps the blood sugar stable.

To test the right amount of L-glutamate that should be given to each person, we started off with a preliminary test by giving everyone in the second set 10mg of L-Glutamate, (secretly)
The people who responded well were given 10mg of L-Glutamate, the ones who did not respond and showed signs of lack of glutamate (no one exhibited hyper-sensitivity), were given 20mg,
using this incremental and elimination process we gave everyone the right amount of glutamate until we reached 100mg.(beyond this everyone exhibited signs of too much glutamate or hyper-sensitivity).
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#4 Hyperspace21

• Topic Starter
  • 110 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:27 PM

QUICK NOTES:
  • Piracetam's functions work injunction with calcium ions and glutamte concentrations in the brain. These 2 substances should be well balanced.
  • Piracetam's dosage is like a 'U' shaped curve there is a different sweet spot for everyone, but the most common is 4.8 grams. Refer to ScienceGuy's thread for why you should consume 4.8 grams.
  • Choline and glutamate levels matter they also exhibit 'U' shaped curve sweet spots.
  • To Regulate Calcium ions in your brain, drink atleast 500ml or 16.9 .oz (U.S. ounces) of milk everyday. If you are lactose intolerant then calcium tablets should be used.
  • Never consume choline above 3.5 grams per day, it'll becomes toxic to the body and put you in Depression.
  • Always eat a well balanced meal with carbs,proteins, unsaturated fats and adequate amounts of sodium.Avoid carbohydrates from excess sugar.

• like x 4
  • Good Point x 1

#5 Hyperspace21

• Topic Starter
  • 110 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:58 PM

TROUBLESHOOTING PIRACETAM:
  • If you consume over 9.6 grams of Piracetam per dose to feel the effect of Piracetam then you possibly have a low concentration of Calcium ions in your brain. (See the quick notes to resolve the problem)
  • Not getting the effect of 'Enhanced vision'? See the results of my team's report to determine which category you fall in. You could have low glutamate levels,low calcium ion concentration in your brain or an imbalanced ratio of both.
  • Headaches? You might have a low amount of choline in your system or some other drug/substance is interacting with piracetam. Keep taking SMALL amounts of choline in regular intervals if you have choline deficiency or try to find out what's interacting with the piracetam, (headaches are caused by too much sugar, alcohol, amphetamines, cannabis drugs, or dopamine reliant substances (like nicotine from cigarettes).
  • Not getting any effect? IF it's your first time, wait till 3 weeks of regular piracetam and choline consumption (4.8 grams of piracetam or whatever suits you best and choline as needed). IF it has been past 3 weeks of piracetam consumption then immediately stop consuming for a week and start again consuming again. (It's like a reset button). If nothing is happening then you are either failing to notice the subtle effects or your brain chemistry is not ready for accepting piracetam.

More troubleshooting problems to come.

#6 Hyperspace21

• Topic Starter
  • 110 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:13 PM

TESTING PIRACETAM'S ABILITIES:

To see if some functions of piracetam are working for you, try the following to identify the subtle effects;
  • Create a list of 10 unusual things and memorize it after consuming piracetam, after about 2-4 hours try to recall the items on the list, If you get above 7 or more things/items correct then piracetam is possibly working for you. If it's too easy then try memorizing 20 items. :)
  • Find a small red object and always keep it with you. After 2 hours of consuming Piracetam;if you notice the object becoming more 'red' then the 'enhanced vision' is working subtly for you. :)
  • To check music perception, listen to a song at a particular volume before consuming piracetam, after 2 hours of consuming piracetam, listen to the same song at the same volume. If the song is more enjoyable/ if it sounds better,clearer or makes you more happy then the music effect is working for you. :)

Edited by Hyperspace21, 15 February 2012 - 09:13 PM.

• like x 2
  • dislike x 1

#7 Hyperspace21

• Topic Starter
  • 110 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:31 PM

Let me know if you have any problems related to nootropics. :-D

#8 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:34 PM

Very very interesting post. Any ideas on why I get extremely irritable from Piracetam (dose dependant). I can feel the irritibility with as low a dose as 400mg and is horrible at 3.2g. It also gets worse the more days in a row that I take piracetam. I've tried all types of choline (as well as no choline).

Oddly, I don't have this sensitivity to aniracetam (even at 1g) or pramiracetam (at 600mg). I have felt it a little bit of irritibility with Oxiracetam occasionally.

#9 bugasman

• 54 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:48 PM

Why sometimes Piracetam makes me depressed or more irritaded? Hypoglicemia? Many users here report the same negative effects.

#10 Hyperspace21

• Topic Starter
  • 110 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:50 PM

Very very interesting post. Any ideas on why I get extremely irritable from Piracetam (dose dependant). I can feel the irritibility with as low a dose as 400mg and is horrible at 3.2g. It also gets worse the more days in a row that I take piracetam. I've tried all types of choline (as well as no choline).

Oddly, I don't have this sensitivity to aniracetam (even at 1g) or pramiracetam (at 600mg). I have felt it a little bit of irritibility with Oxiracetam occasionally.

This happens when your brain wants more neurotransmitter (glutamate in particular) release. Piracetam may trigger a small amount of calcium ions which can cause glutamate to be released in the post-synaptic space (your brain basically). Your brain might have built up tolerance to piracetam's subtle effects and since oxiracetam is only 5 times more potent; your brain must have built up a certain tolerance rate, for which it requires more neurotransmitters to function properly.

It's like your brain got used to the higher level of functioning and therefore requires a more potent substance to push it further. When you feed your brain piracetam or oxiracetam, then your brain triggers only small amounts of glutamate and therefore leaves your neurons unsatisfied which might be the cause of irritability. You could also have a different brain chemistry which might cause this to happen.
  • Good Point x 1

#11 Hyperspace21

• Topic Starter
  • 110 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:01 PM

Why sometimes Piracetam makes me depressed or more irritaded? Hypoglicemia? Many users here report the same negative effects.

Not everyone's diet is perfect. There could be many gaps in peoples diets. To identify these gaps, go to your kitchen and see what food items you have. If you have mostly carbohydrates and sugars (cereals, rice,cakes,biscuits,etc.) then your not getting enough protein, healthy unsaturated fats and essential B vitamins. You also need a source of calcium for piracetam to work properly.

As for your negative effects, it could possibly be low levels of glucose,glutamate or calcium. Try not to does too high (above 9.6 grams) or too low (below 800mg). Depression occurs mostly when you don't have the right amount of choline in your body.

#12 Tomas E

• 114 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:02 PM

Very interesting post, will keep you updated when I start it myself and see what happens. Recommending to only go for Piracetam at start or even with the cdp-choline ??

#13 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:03 PM

It's like your brain got used to the higher level of functioning and therefore requires a more potent substance to push it further. When you feed your brain piracetam or oxiracetam, then your brain triggers only small amounts of glutamate and therefore leaves your neurons unsatisfied which might be the cause of irritability. You could also have a different brain chemistry which might cause this to happen.

Do you recommend trying MSG to get glutamate? If not, what do you suggest?

#14 Hyperspace21

• Topic Starter
  • 110 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:07 PM

Very interesting post, will keep you updated when I start it myself and see what happens. Recommending to only go for Piracetam at start or even with the cdp-choline ??

Try 4.8 grams of piracetam first, if you get depression and irritatibility, then add in the cdp-choline little by little (increasing by 100mg each time) until you hit the magic number.
Trust me it's worth the time to find out the right dose. ;)

#15 Hyperspace21

• Topic Starter
  • 110 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:15 PM

Ironically my team is currently doing clinical trials on MSG supplementation, the results of which are to come out on the 22nd of Feb. Try to find L-Glutamate supplementation or just consume good amounts of meats,poultry,eggs,dairy products,etc.

I myself am trying 15mg of MSG after every dose for alternate days, so far it has worked but i cannot recommend it because it has the potential to be excito-toxic when consumed in large amounts (above 100mg) or if you are allergic / hyper-sensitive to it.

#16 BrainFrost

• 56 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:25 PM

I take 3g of choline bitartrate 3x a day and I have no side effects so far. However I notice I am lacking calcium in my diet, I will supplement calcium tabs and glutamine and report back.

#17 Hyperspace21

• Topic Starter
  • 110 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:35 PM

I take 3g of choline bitartrate 3x a day and I have no side effects so far. However I notice I am lacking calcium in my diet, I will supplement calcium tabs and glutamine and report back.

Try getting calcium from natural substances like milk unless you are lactose intolerant. Good Luck! :)

#18 SuperjackDid_

• 528 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:26 AM

I have calcium supplement before Piracetam dose today ,effect have better than before .

#19 Hyperspace21

• Topic Starter
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:29 AM

I have calcium supplement before Piracetam dose today ,effect have better than before .

Good to Know. Glad its working for you.Try taking it for over a week and see if its still working. :)

I do it every day, It works really well, I did not drink any milk previously, but since the results to my recent report came out, I started drinking milk and sometimes (rarely) supplemented it with calcium tablets.

I just feel more amplified effects after consuming calcium with piracetam.

Edited by Hyperspace21, 16 February 2012 - 07:32 AM.

• like x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#20 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:55 AM

Ironically my team is currently doing clinical trials on MSG supplementation, the results of which are to come out on the 22nd of Feb. Try to find L-Glutamate supplementation or just consume good amounts of meats,poultry,eggs,dairy products,etc.

I myself am trying 15mg of MSG after every dose for alternate days, so far it has worked but i cannot recommend it because it has the potential to be excito-toxic when consumed in large amounts (above 100mg) or if you are allergic / hyper-sensitive to it.

With regards to MONOSODIUM L-GLUTAMATE (MSG), the results your recent study appear to demonstrate what most individuals should already know, namely that TOO MUCH MSG = BAD.

However, assuming your study is validated this would be very much one of those cases where individuals need to be careful not to 'throw the baby out with the bathwater' so to speak, in that TOO MUCH of ANYTHING = BAD and that does not always mean that whatever substance is ALL BAD and hence should be completely avoided, since in many cases TOO LITTLE = BAD also.

And your study report appears to indicate that GLUTAMATE whilst very much falling into the TOO MUCH = BAD category, might fall into the TOO LITTLE = BAD category as well (specifically in relation to PIRACETAM's efficacy), in that L-GLUTMATE is a necessary CO-FACTOR for PIRACETAM to work properly, (as is CHOLINE and apparently CALCIUM).

And as such, individuals need to understand that the bad reputation that MSG has earned is due to its MISUSE within the FOOD INDUSTRY, wherein VERY HIGH DOSES of MSG are consumed through foods laden with for its efficacy as a FLAVOUR ENHANCER, which are MUCH HIGHER than the 10 - 100mg DOSAGE that Hyperspace is suggesting for PIRACETAM to work properly.

Incidentally, purely by accident I take my PIRACETAM daily with a glass of milk, and have been doing so for years; which in part might help to explain why I have experienced such consistent effective results with it :-D

EDIT: Hyperspace has been shown to be a fraud which would indicate that his study is also fake; as such I recommend that everyone completely ignore all information contained within all Hyperspace's study reports and posts, and do NOT take any additional L-GLUTAMIC ACID or GLUTAMATE. The dosage L-GLUTAMIC ACID / GLUTAMATE recommended by Hyperspace was 10 - 100mg; and whilst this would not in any regard likely to be harmful to one's health, L-GLUTAMIC ACID and GLUTAMATE are EXCITOTOXINS and hence supplementing with them is NOT recommended.

Edited by ScienceGuy, 17 March 2012 - 02:07 PM.

• dislike x 2
  • like x 2

#21 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:09 AM

That is an excessive amount of CHOLINE, and unecessary for ensuring that PIRACETAM works properly. The vast majority of individuals taking that dosage of CHOLINE would experience SIDE EFFECTS; if you don't, then you are very lucky :)

However, you should consider significantly reducing your CHOLINE dosage to the minimum dosage that prevents PIRACETAM induced CHOLINE DEIFICENCY SYMPTOMS from occurring IF or WHEN you start to notice that you start to experience any of the following EXCESS CHOLINE related SIDE EFFECTS:

DEPRESSION, NAUSEA, HEADACHE, STOMACH UPSET, DIARRHEA, FISHY BODY ODOUR, INCREASED BODY TEMPERATURE, INSOMNIA, SLEEP DISTURBANCES, GASTROINTESTINAL DISTURBANCES.

#22 Hyperspace21

• Topic Starter
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:44 AM

Firstly, congrats on an absolutely BRILLIANT thread! :-D

Secondly, with regards to MONOSODIUM L-GLUTAMATE (MSG), the results your recent study appear to clearly demonstrate what most individuals should already know, namely that TOO MUCH MSG = BAD.

However, this is very much one of those cases where individuals need to be careful not to 'throw the baby out with the bathwater' so to speak, in that TOO MUCH of ANYTHING = BAD and that does not always mean that whatever substance is ALL BAD and hence should be completely avoided, since in many cases TOO LITTLE = BAD also.

And it is clear from your excellent study that MONOSODIUM L-GLUTAMATE (MSG) whilst very much falling into the TOO MUCH = BAD category, clearly also falls into the TOO LITTLE = BAD category as well (specifically in relation to PIRACETAM's efficacy), in that L-GLUTMATE is a necessary CO-FACTOR for PIRACETAM to work properly, (as is CHOLINE and apparently CALCIUM).

And as such, individuals need to understand that the bad reputation that MSG has earned is due to its MISUSE within the FOOD INDUSTRY, wherein VERY HIGH DOSES of MSG are consumed through foods laden with for its efficacy as a FLAVOUR ENHANCER, which are MUCH HIGHER than the 10 - 100mg DOSAGE that is required for PIRACETAM to work properly.

Therefore, in my opinion the simplest way to adminster the correct dosage of L-GLUTAMATE in conjunction with PIRACETAM administration is to take an appropriate dosage of MONOSODIUM L-GLUTAMATE (MSG), which is simply the SODIUM salt of L-GLUTAMATE. And I would recommend applying the same process as that which I recommend for ascertaining what is the ideal CHOLINE dosage, namely starting with the lowest dose, in this case 10mg, and then only increase if there is a NON-RESPONSE to the PIRACETAM, in which case the dosage should be increased by increments of 10mg until the ideal dosage FOR YOU is ascertained. :)

I would also recommend taking the PIRACETAM with an effective CALCIUM SOURCE (e.g. a glass of milk) plus of course the right dosage of CHOLINE.

I never, ever thought I would be actually recommending that anyone voluntarily take MONOSODIUM L-GLUTAMATE (MSG), however it does certainly appear that VERY LOW dosages of it (10 - 100mg only) are beneficial with regards to ensuring PIRACETAM's NOOTROPIC efficacy. However, people should very much treat it with respect, ensure that they accurately measure the dosages, start at the very lowest dosage (10mg) and watch for any signs of ADVERSE REACTION to it, in which case they should cease taking it immediately. ;)

Incidentally, purely by accident I take my PIRACETAM daily with a glass of milk, and have been doing so for years; which in part might help to explain why I have experienced such consistent effective results with it :-D

Thanks for supporting the topic and helping others out, I really appreciate it! :-D
  • dislike x 3
  • like x 1

#23 BrainFrost

• 56 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:59 PM

That is an excessive amount of CHOLINE, and unecessary for ensuring that PIRACETAM works properly. The vast majority of individuals taking that dosage of CHOLINE would experience SIDE EFFECTS; if you don't, then you are very lucky :)

However, you should consider significantly reducing your CHOLINE dosage to the minimum dosage that prevents PIRACETAM induced CHOLINE DEIFICENCY SYMPTOMS from occurring IF or WHEN you start to notice that you start to experience any of the following EXCESS CHOLINE related SIDE EFFECTS:

DEPRESSION, NAUSEA, HEADACHE, STOMACH UPSET, DIARRHEA, FISHY BODY ODOUR, INCREASED BODY TEMPERATURE, INSOMNIA, SLEEP DISTURBANCES, GASTROINTESTINAL DISTURBANCES.

I will reduce the choline to only 1g a day from now on. What's the worst that could happen. I also started mixing piracetam with milk... It is vile tasting.

I do want to share my experience yesterday though. I took HyperSpaces advice and supplemented 1,200mg of calcium and around 1.5g of L-Glutamine(Post workout drink I had mixed with a few other BCAA's) and 3g of piracetam. As I was driving my ears started to itch a little, music and noises became more prominent. I can't tell whether it was one of the BCAA's or the calcium supplement, but I definetly noticed that first time buzz with piracetam as well.

P.S. Did any of your subject notice any significant decrease in being able to feel pain? My chronic back and shoulder pain are gone and when I banged my shin against a pipe, it was only mildly discomfort.

Keep up the good work guys!

Edited by BrainFrost, 16 February 2012 - 02:23 PM.

#24 Hyperspace21

• Topic Starter
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:52 PM

I will reduce the choline to only 1g a day from now on. What's the worst that could happen. I also started mixing piracetam with milk... It is vile tasting.

I do want to share my experience yesterday though. I took HyperSpaces advice and supplemented 1,200mg of calcium and around 1.5g of L-Glutamine(Post workout drink I had mixed with a few other BCAA's) and 3g of piracetam. As I was driving my ears started to itch a little, music and noises became more prominent. I can't tell whether it was one of the BCAA's or the calcium supplement, but I definetly noticed that first time buzz with piracetam as well.

P.S. Did any of your subject notice any significant decrease in being able to feel pain? My chronic back and shoulder pain are gone and when I banged my shin against a pipe, it was only mildly discomfort.

Keep up the good work guys!

We did not do pain tests but people have reported that they feel less pain. The BCAA's seem to contain some nutrients that Piracetam works with. Keep posting your experiences or problems that may occur. Glad its working for you! :)

#25 popdude30

• 21 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:44 PM

I hope nobody minds me asking if anyone can analyze my potential stack? Ive been reading the newbie 10 months research condensed post, and it recommends the following:
Piracetam CDPCholine either sulbutiamine or pyritinol Picamilon Aniracetam Lion's Mane Fish Oil PhosphatidylSerine Bacopa

Also i came across Mental power Rx which some recommends upping the doses:
Acetyl-L-carnitine - 30 mg
Carnosine - 10 mg
Choline - 30 mg
DMAE - 30 mg
Trimethylglycine (TMG) - 30 mg
Tyrosine - 30 mg
Vinpocetine - 1 mg

Methylcobalamin - 30 mcg
Pantothenic acid - 30 mg

If i take caffeine (from coffe and tea), will it improve the noots, or?

Im a total newbie at this, can some1 put a rough estimate of what dosage i should be getting for these items? I'll also add the calcium supplement, how much of this as well? Anything im missing? Anything else to add? Thanks

Edited by popdude30, 16 February 2012 - 03:47 PM.

#26 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:06 PM

<POST DELETED>

Edited by ScienceGuy, 17 March 2012 - 01:48 PM.

#27 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:51 PM

<POST DELETED>

Edited by ScienceGuy, 17 March 2012 - 01:48 PM.

#28 Namkcalb

• 30 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:55 AM

Well, I am glad I've found this thread. Whilst it is true anyone can be a dog on the internet, it is also true that that "anyone" could also be a kind and helpful junior drug researcher.

None of your information seems dangerous in anyway, and the efficiacy tests, choline tapering and the calcium suggestions seem to make a lot of sense, so I will take you as you claim to be and thank you.

Now on to a question;

I consume the following.
80grams of [complete] protein in the morning (salmon)
40 grams of [complete] protein in the afternoon. (chicken eggs)

I get 1000mg of calcium from my diet. Do I need to supplement this? I'm alergic to milk and am at RDA or above for most other vitamins/minerals.

I used to have 8000mg of piracetam a morning and 4000 in the afternoon, but I stopped after the several grams of choline I mistakenly thought I needed was making me too depressed.

Edited by Namkcalb, 17 February 2012 - 12:56 AM.

#29 capctr

• 70 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:46 AM

I am equally glad this post exists.
FYI, I had to do some checking around, but I found that Ac'cent Flavor Enhancer is 100% MSG, and can be found on the spice aisle at the local grocery store for about five bucks.
I am curious as to the extent your study will go-will you be including other things like Noopept, or centrophenoxine? Does the input regarding MSG, calcium, etc... Also aply to Noopept?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 capctr

• 70 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:27 AM

Also, should MSG be taken sublingually? And as I have recently run out of choline bitarate(at least until my next order comes in), I have heard there is a profound amount of it in raw egg yolk. Can I supp with that for now?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: piracetam, nootropics, non-responders, oxiracetam, aniracetam, noopept, memory, cognition, learning, choline

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users