Photo

Alpha brain good or bad?

alpha brain

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 popdude30

• 21 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:00 AM

Is alpha brain good or bad long-term, short-term? (http://www.onnit.com/alphabrain/)

#2 1thoughtMaze1

• 335 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:32 AM

Looks good to me, expensive as hell, which would attest to quality

Edited by 1thoughtMaze1, 22 February 2012 - 06:33 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 Namkcalb

• 30 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:04 AM

That's not always true.

I think we should look at the ingredients

#4 1thoughtMaze1

• 335 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:52 AM

That's not always true.

I think we should look at the ingredients

I was talking about the "ingredients"

#5 unregistered_user

• 721 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:36 PM

I remember Joe Rogan pimping this so I looked into it. It's basically a $40 supplement ($35 pretax + shipping) for a 15-day supply. The searching I did into it yielded what seems to be a pretty tepid response from users.

For me, the poor value combined with the lack of compelling reviews was enough for me to take a pass. If there's anyone here with money to burn, pick up a bottle and let the rest of us know what you think.

#6 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:04 AM

Indeed, value wise it's a horrible rip-off. It might not be bad if you have the money, but you can definitely buy things separately for much cheaper.

#7 popdude30

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:25 PM

Just bought some, either gonna be a total fool or a satisfied customer, will keep you updated

#8 unregistered_user

• 721 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:40 PM

Cool. I hope it works for you! Keep us updated.

#9 1thoughtMaze1

• 335 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:51 AM

Just bought some, either gonna be a total fool or a satisfied customer, will keep you updated

Yes please let us know how it goes

#10 popdude30

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:33 AM

may take sometime before it arrives, im giving it 2 weeks from 3/3/2012

#11 TheKidInside

• 135 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:48 PM

Indeed, value wise it's a horrible rip-off. It might not be bad if you have the money, but you can definitely buy things separately for much cheaper.

untruth BY FAR...I did this research and check this out

alpha brain" ingridients

- GPC Choline – 100 mg - http://www.vitacost....-mg-60-Capsules

60 caps =

Vitacost Price: $27.44

- Huperzine A – 250 mcg - http://www.vitacost....-mcg-60-Tablets

60 caps =

Vitacost Price: $7.31

- Vinpocetine — 5mg http://www.vitacost....turing-BioVinca

Vitacost Price: $14.99

- AC-11 – 350mg

- Bacopa (20% Bacosides) — 500 mg http://www.vitacost....otus-and-Bacopa

Vitacost Price: $12.95

- Pterostilbene — 250 mcg http://www.vitacost....h-Pterostilbene

Vitacost Price: $27.00

- Mucuna Pruriens (50% l-Dopa) — 200mg http://www.vitacost....a-Nervine-Tonic

60 caps Vitacost Price: 8.68

-

GABA — 300mg http://www.vitacost....etable-Capsules

100 caps

Vitacost Price: $16.56

- Oat Straw (10:1) — 300 mg http://www.vitacost....ic-Super-Silica

- Vitamin B6 – 15 mg INCLUDED IN WELLNESS FORMULA

list of all the links for each ingredient, except one or two that I couldn't find and B6 which isn't important here (it's in my wellness formula by System Well and also in my multi vit) so it comes out to be a dollar and change per dose pill and since Alpha Brain states that you should take one or two it comes out to be about the same...also keep in mind that I cannot attest to the quality of the stuff I found (I've attempted to find the best rated and best researched stuff based on google) but Aubrey from Onnit Labs seems like a very nice guy both from the Joe Rogan experience as well as in person and is extremely passionate and altruistic in his pursuits to help others and I truly believe that he's using the best quality ingredients he possibly can!

my two cents :)

Edited by TheKidInside, 08 March 2012 - 03:52 PM.

• like x 1

#12 popdude30

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:30 PM

Seems like alpha brain cant be shipped to my country, its been taken by customs, Ordered huperzine, bacopa anyway (not that the other ingredients are bad). If anyone else has an experience go ahead

#13 jhelms

• 5 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:04 PM

Used to take Alpha Brain... moved on to Doxiderol. Can't say that Alpha Brain is a bad supplement but I feel like there are other sups out there with more bang for your buck. Doxiderol is 5 bucks less then Alpha Brain and they also offer free shipping for now. What I really like is the small dose of DMAA that they add to the supplement which gives you an increased alertness about 30 minutes after taking it. They balance it with huperzine which is giving me REM filled dreams. Anyone else out there try both?

Edited by manic_racetam, 22 March 2012 - 08:29 PM.

#14 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:05 AM

Doxiderol: don't like that they add B-vitamins, I get plenty from other supplements. Don't like that they don't mention exact ingredients in mg, but rather as a "blend" of things.
I especially like to know how much geranamine/DMAA it contains.

#15 TheKidInside

• 135 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:29 PM

I actually just got a free bottle of Alpha Brain from Aubrey himself. It's been about 4 days but I am taking only one capsule at a time since I take bacopa and Choline on it's own. can't say I am feeling anything just yet but Aubrey did say there's a loading period so we'll see...

#16 karma02

• 35 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:24 AM

@TheKidInside What is your stance on Alpha Brain now that it has been a considerable time since you took it. Have you been taking it for more than 4 days since you posted ?

#17 TheKidInside

• 135 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:01 PM

hey Karma, I was going to post on here regarding it but with midterms and term papers I've been swamped. the thing is that I do not solely rely on supplementation to help with whatever it is I am doing. For instance, if it's a mindset thing then I work with my buddy who is a NLP-psychiatrist and hypno-therapist as well as going along with stuff I've read in books like Byron Katie's works. I also meditate every morning after 15 minutes of yoga so I do not know for sure if I am attributing my clarity and focus to the Alpha Brain, Maca powder with breakfast, 250 mL of high quality coffee or what not. I also consume some bacopa (much higher concentration than Alpha Brain contains) and Choline on it's own (again higher concentration than Alpha Brain contains).

Having said that, I do feel very focused and "on point" on it. However, the price is ridiculously high. I've taken 1 pill for about a week after I posted last, so for a total of about 11-12 days. Then for an anatomy physiology 2 study session and midterm I took 2 and felt very focused but do NOT know how much I could attribute to the product itself. It IS very logical in terms of the dosage that it was helping but for the price I'd rather take some choline and bacopa on it's own.

Doxiderol as jhelms mentioned is a great product but I absolutely loathe the fact that it contains DMAA (which I take pre-work out from my buddy's company Savin Nutrition, product is called PHISM) and it's a GREAT stimulant but IDK if that's a good idea for lectures, school, or tests (even though DMAA does NOT make me jittery and has no real "come down" effect like NO Xplode/ Creatine supplements do).

Overall I'd say this, if you've got the money and no time to mix and match individual supplements, then surely GO FOR IT. If you have some time to experiment with choline, bacopa, huperzine a, etc then I think that's a much better route :)

hope this has been helpful!
  • like x 1

#18 Roland Verment

• 6 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:02 AM

Alpha-Brain looks pretty good, what about this blend from Holland, NZT we created ?

Edited by Roland Verment, 18 July 2012 - 09:08 AM.

#19 Now

• 162 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:30 AM

Roland, I have seen your supplement before. It looks good, but I think that 30 euros for 30 caps (10 doses) is really expensive!
But I'm just a poor guy so it might be an excellent option for someone with enough money who wants to try nootropics without the hassle.

#20 Roland Verment

• 6 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:45 AM

Hey Now, the 30 caps are to try it over 10 days to get an impression. When it works it is better to get the 90 caps. Some people use 2 per day, so it will last more than one month ;)

#21 DonShaw

• 2 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:27 PM

It's been good for me in improving mental clarity, increasing ability to focus, and elevating mood in general. From what I've seen it has slightly different effects on people. For example, I haven't experienced any lucid dreams as others have talked about. You can use "10less" code for a 10% discount on it if you are inclined to try it.

Edited by DonShaw, 29 September 2012 - 11:48 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#22 Mz.Misfit

• 1 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:56 AM

I have tried alpha brain. I didn't want to buy the 30ct bottle so now they have a go pack with just four pills in it for about $6-$7 I got 2 of those, and to make a long story short I now regret not buying the 30ct when I had the chance. this week I am going to get the 90ct jar. I don't know what was in that last formula but the new formula is on point for me at least, especially when it comes to creativity and focus. I had ideas coming from everywhere.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: alpha brain

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users