Not Feeling Piracetam

piracetam feel no effect dosage

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 oButto

• 3 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:30 AM

Hello guys,

I'm new here (obvious), but I've been lurking around gathering information.

Based some opinions here, I decided to start taking Piracetam as my "starter" racetam.

I've been taking it for approximately four days; however, I don't really feel the effects. I don't see any significant change in my demeanor, nor do I notice any type of improved cognitive ability.

Here's what I've tried taking:

1.6g Piracetam
Effect: Nothing? Maybe a bit of brain fog? Was my first time ever taking it.

800mg Piracetam
I think I experienced what people call "brain fog." Took it and then I ended up napping for a bit. Felt extremely lethargic and ineffective. I took Choline Bitrartrate before hand.

3.2g Piracetam + 1 Scoop Focus XT
This has been what I've been taking to study. I'm pretty sure most of the effect is from the FocusXT, more specially the caffeine. Never took the 3.2g alone so I can't really tell. I felt it kick in one, kind of felt lightheaded. My eyes tend to lose a bit of focus (slight blur) but I have been successful in doing work. I'm probably going to try taking the 3.2g Piracetam tomorrow morning to see how I feel.

Do you guys have any suggestions? If the 3.2g does not end up working tomorrow, I might just give up and possibly purchase a different, more stronger racetam. My bodys been known not to respond to many different types of drugs in general (I workout and I am very stim-tolerant). I am mainly trying these racetams to help myself study throughout the day.

#2 gizmobrain

• 548 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:53 AM

Not to discourage you, but I don't feel any major effects from piracetam, pram-, ani-, or oxi-. I've noticed a slightly less frequency of tripping over my words, but that's about it.

I'm wondering if maybe you are similar to me (easy going, not easily irritated, somewhat procrastinating, etc).

I currently have been diagnosed with ADD, and mainly have trouble being motivated to do tasks. I've always been a day dreamer. My working memory is atrocious, and lots of little details get forgotten (or have a difficult time being retrieved, maybe). However, the things that I actually can recall from my long term memory are very vivid and detailed. It's lead to a lot of weird irregularities, such as being able to quote word for word from movies, or recall weird and obscure trivia, yet I constantly have that "tip of the tounge" feeling with words, or forgetting to take out the trash even though I just thought about it. When I am completely supplementless, I feel slightly sedated, and never anxious.

Lately, I've been wondering if I have a hypo-active glutamatergic system. I really have only been looking into dopamine and norepinephrine until now, but I've been researching Memantine and how it normalizes the glutamatergic activity in a dose dependent manner by increasing hypo-active, and decreasing hyper-active systems. I talked with my doctor about this, and I'm going to go on a trial run of Memantine. Most people on here report a decrease in verbal memory for the first few weeks, but my hypothesis is that most of these people probably fall on the hyper-active side of things. The Memantine slows down this activity, at which point it takes a few weeks for the brain to adapt. If I am hypo-active, I'm wondering if I will actually see an improvement in memory when I start to take it. Just a theory, I really don't know if it holds any water.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 oButto

• Topic Starter
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:39 AM

Not to discourage you, but I don't feel any major effects from piracetam, pram-, ani-, or oxi-. I've noticed a slightly less frequency of tripping over my words, but that's about it.

I'm wondering if maybe you are similar to me (easy going, not easily irritated, somewhat procrastinating, etc).

I currently have been diagnosed with ADD, and mainly have trouble being motivated to do tasks. I've always been a day dreamer. My working memory is atrocious, and lots of little details get forgotten (or have a difficult time being retrieved, maybe). However, the things that I actually can recall from my long term memory are very vivid and detailed. It's lead to a lot of weird irregularities, such as being able to quote word for word from movies, or recall weird and obscure trivia, yet I constantly have that "tip of the tounge" feeling with words, or forgetting to take out the trash even though I just thought about it. When I am completely supplementless, I feel slightly sedated, and never anxious.

Lately, I've been wondering if I have a hypo-active glutamatergic system. I really have only been looking into dopamine and norepinephrine until now, but I've been researching Memantine and how it normalizes the glutamatergic activity in a dose dependent manner by increasing hypo-active, and decreasing hyper-active systems. I talked with my doctor about this, and I'm going to go on a trial run of Memantine. Most people on here report a decrease in verbal memory for the first few weeks, but my hypothesis is that most of these people probably fall on the hyper-active side of things. The Memantine slows down this activity, at which point it takes a few weeks for the brain to adapt. If I am hypo-active, I'm wondering if I will actually see an improvement in memory when I start to take it. Just a theory, I really don't know if it holds any water.

In response to the "not feeling anything," I feel like racetams are 50% placebo, 50% actual effects. However, I'm not in the seat to justify such a statement as of yet because I haven't really played with them a lot. I've been doing a lot more research (even after I made this post) and I will try upping my dose to 4.8 grams tomorrow without any caffeine (Focus-XT) and see how well I do in terms of cognitive abilities. I will also keep a colored object in my pocket and note any changes in perception (if any).

I am actually very similar to you from the characteristics you mentioned.

I haven't been tested for ADD yet, but I'm almost positive that I have a mild case of it. I experience several key symptoms such as trouble concentration, etc. However, it is mild at its best because I still am able to stay with my studies in a good university.

And I can't help you with the last part because I have no knowledge of that. Good luck to you on that venture and hopefully it ends up going well for you.

#4 Sanguine_Rogue

• 392 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:46 AM

I'm curious as to how long you've been taking Piracetam oButto, I know that for the first couple of weeks of taking it I didn't feel anything. All that occurred were very strange dreams, and occasionally I would get a headache (fixed this eventually by adding Choline Bitartrate to my stack).

It's been a little over 4 months since I originally started taking Piracetam. My initial dosing was about 3.2-4.g a day, and now I take that twice a day. First in the morning with a cup of black coffee and the second about 30 minutes before I take my lunch break at work. I can tell it's working now. Not so many tasks at work are being forgotten, and the brain fog (Auto-Pilot mode) that I've suffered with for the past 7 years is no longer happening as frequently. I didn't begin experiencing these effects about 4 weeks into taking the Piracetam daily.

#5 Sanguine_Rogue

• 392 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:46 AM

Sorry double posted :(

Edited by Sanguine_Rogue, 04 April 2012 - 06:48 AM.

#6 oButto

• Topic Starter
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:28 PM

I'm curious as to how long you've been taking Piracetam oButto, I know that for the first couple of weeks of taking it I didn't feel anything. All that occurred were very strange dreams, and occasionally I would get a headache (fixed this eventually by adding Choline Bitartrate to my stack).

It's been a little over 4 months since I originally started taking Piracetam. My initial dosing was about 3.2-4.g a day, and now I take that twice a day. First in the morning with a cup of black coffee and the second about 30 minutes before I take my lunch break at work. I can tell it's working now. Not so many tasks at work are being forgotten, and the brain fog (Auto-Pilot mode) that I've suffered with for the past 7 years is no longer happening as frequently. I didn't begin experiencing these effects about 4 weeks into taking the Piracetam daily.

It's been a week. But how do you know that it's not just the placebo effect? Oh well, I'll see if it gets any better.

#7 jinxod

• 29 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

Been about a week for me too with not significantly noticable effets just as yet + I am taking Pramiracetam too. Im glad to see other posts stating that it could take some time to kick in, givea me some hope :)

#8 Sanguine_Rogue

• 392 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:09 AM

Haha yea, give it some time mate it generally takes 3 weeks before its effects are noticed. I think it has something to do with it actually building up in your system in the first few weeks or something like that, however I'm not entirely sure so if I'm wrong please correct me because I'd like to know exactly why lol after all knowledge is power ;)

Well if it's a placebo effect you're buying some bunk Piracetam LOL! Piracetam works for just about everyone but I have read a few people didn't gain any benefit from it. There's also been a few studies on Piracetam that were double blind and a placebo effect was not reported. A few things that could be hindering your Piracetam beneficial gains could be Calcium and Glutamate levels, but just wait a few more weeks before you start thinking of taking either of the two or going agro on your Piracetam supplier.

Edited by Sanguine_Rogue, 06 April 2012 - 12:12 AM.

#9 vined

• 9 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:46 PM

What about taking like a huge dose when you start to help with a task (ie: writing), say 5g in the morning and another 5 a couple hours later, or even just 10g before starting writing? Will that do much or is it bad for you?

Edited by vined, 06 April 2012 - 06:47 PM.

#10 louieboym

• 4 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:21 PM

Hi Zrbarnes. I think I have ADD too. I do have the symptoms of losing focus, daydreaming, short memory loss, verbal difficulties, easily distracted, learning new things, hypo-active etc. However, like you, I can quote word for word scripts from movies I like, can do things exceptionally that I've already learned etc. My IQ have been tested many years ago and let's just say it is above average, and yet I had difficulties studying compared to my collegues who are average. For years I am trying to find out what was wrong with me. Just this week I took some online tests for dyslexia and ADD, turns out I can read no problem however most likely I have ADD (not ADHD, I think). I already ordered Piracetam online but then I read your response, and it is rather discouraging for people like us. Forgive me but how did you discuss it with your family doctor?

#11 sleightly21

• 14 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:32 PM

I'm being taking piracetam:choline 800mg:650mg for 2 days now, and haven't seen much of a difference, except for possible mild focus.

Either:
- I should wait longer (a month?)
- Increase dose
- or i'm a non-responder

Anyone else had this?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#12 Sanguine_Rogue

• 392 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:00 AM

@sleightly21 Yea, I did when I first started off with Piracetam, it took me a little over 2 weeks to begin noticing any profound effects. Since your experiencing "mild focus" I wouldn't label you a non-responder. I would, personally, wait another week before upping my Piracetam dosage to 1,600mg a day. I started at 1,600mg in the morning and then another 800mg capsule at lunch.

@vined When I first started dosing I tried a "mega-dose" of 16g and had no ill effects. I am not sure if it helped with getting me used to taking Piracetam, personally I mostly stuck to dosing every day as a regimen. Occasionally when I feel the need to, however I do "mega-dose".

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: piracetam, feel, no effect, dosage

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users