• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo

Nootropics OTC in South Korea?

south korea provigil piracetam

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 NiHao371

• 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:04 AM

I just moved to South Korea and am having a bit of trouble with the language barrier and not speaking Korean well... yet.

I haven't been able to figure out if there are any OTC nootropics available here (in South Korea) that will help me focus, so that I can learn Korean more quickly.

Does anyone know if any are OTC?

Much appreciated!

#2 treonsverdery

• 1,312 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:00 PM

I think Korea has many nootropics
going to google then typing huperzine site:co.kr
lists a bunch of places that have this nootropic at Korea so they may have others as well

huperzine
https://www.google.c...f477da2b54cf49f

phosphatidylserine also has material
https://www.google.c...f477da2b54cf49f

I have noticed B vitamins have a mild nootropic effect, searching microsofttranslator.com version of B vitamin found http://health.chosun...1070501458.html which when you click the translate thingy says there are B vitamin supplements at Korea

Edited by treonsverdery, 20 April 2012 - 10:07 PM.

• dislike x 1

#3 Adamzski

• 674 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:56 AM

Hi there, I have been living in Korea for about 6 months now. You can pretty much go to any doc with a shopping list of what you want and they will give you anything.
A tip is to just type into Google translate "I want a consultation and I want ..Drug ..Drug ..Drug.." print it out and go to a doctor who speaks no English.. You can pay about $10 instead of $50.00 for your doctors visit, that way.
Please let me know how you get on and what you have managed to import into here, Im not too sure of what you can get away with importing..

Im in Gangnam and have a bunch of bulkpowders noots here, so if you manage to import any racetams or anything interesting maybe we can trade a few things.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 fuzza

• 9 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:41 AM

Im in South Korea too. I get my supplements from Iherb.com
They have it all, its cheap, postage is only $4 and it arrives quickly.

Highly recommend:
Acetyl L-Carnitine + some Omega 3's with CoQ10

#5 Adamzski

• 674 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:57 PM

Yep Iherb is great, I have not ordered from them but they seem to be a korean company and based here or able to ship here within days using the korean postal system.

Codeine! in 100mg tabs is available OTC, just go into a chemist saying you got sinus and you will have several grams of codeine on your way out. Also you can get good OTC histamine based sleepers but really just going to a doctor with a shopping list is the go.
A dentist here prescribed me benzos for dealing with a root canal along with some other pain meds

#6 Taylor2012

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:56 AM

Adamzski -- would you happen to remember any of the doctors' or clinic names that you've dealt with to get prescription meds? I plan on trying to get some modafinil in the next week or so, and I'd rather not have to "shop around" too much. If you could PM me a name or address, it would be much appreciated.

#7 Adamzski

• 674 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:07 PM

Adamzski -- would you happen to remember any of the doctors' or clinic names that you've dealt with to get prescription meds? I plan on trying to get some modafinil in the next week or so, and I'd rather not have to "shop around" too much. If you could PM me a name or address, it would be much appreciated.

Hi Sorry I will have to look it up, it was a psychiatrist/doctor in Itaewon where I got mod and a few other things, American doctor, will look it up when I get some time. I paid $50 for the visit and $3 per tab of mod

Also if you have some koren friend get them to go to any GP with you or use google translate, print out what you want and go to a doc anywhere. most of the actual doctors can speak english even if their staff can not.

#8 Taylor2012

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:22 PM

Hi Sorry I will have to look it up, it was a psychiatrist/doctor in Itaewon where I got mod and a few other things, American doctor, will look it up when I get some time. I paid $50 for the visit and $3 per tab of mod

Also if you have some koren friend get them to go to any GP with you or use google translate, print out what you want and go to a doc anywhere. most of the actual doctors can speak english even if their staff can not.

Thanks for the reply! I can actually get by in Korean...I'm more concerned with finding a doctor "willing" to prescribe mod. I might take your word for it and just try my neighborhood doctor, but in my own experience the doctors haven't been quite as liberal with prescriptions as you've described. That might also because I live in a suburb area...Ittaewon might be a different story.

If a name comes to mind, please let me know. There is a name of a particular doctor in Ittaewon I keep seeing mentioned on Dave's Cafe...I'm thinking that might be the one you saw. I don't know if it's a good idea posting his name here, though.

#9 Adamzski

• 674 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:23 PM

I did end up 2 years later getting some Modafinil locally. Went to this clinic in Itaewon same as the place I previously got Wellbutrin from, A Korean American he is known on forums to give people whatever they ask for, people write things like "He will give you anything you are willing to pay for" Which is strange as he no longer dispenses drugs from his office, just gives you scripts to buy it wherever you want. Seems like a responsible doctor I'm sure he would not give me ongoing full courses of benzos or anything without good reason. 

I told him I had a tooth extraction coming up and asked if he had anything that could take the anxiety away, He said yep Ive got just the thing, take a tab an hour prior to the visit and you wont feel any anxiety, just pop the pill and enjoy!

lol it was dispensed by the secretary a single 2mg Xanax.

Wow no way a doc in AU would give you anything more than a OTC Tylenol or some crap, SOB's.

The MOD is good, 30 Real 200mg Cephalon PROVIGIL for $110! The Same as people would be paying $1000 for in the USA. In the past he was dispensing generics from his office, but I filled my script at a nearby hospital just to be sure.

Another reason not to go back to AU...

#10 TsokS

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:02 AM

Hello,

I have arrived a couple of months ago in Korea. Would like to know more about this Modafinil thing. Can you give me more info, Adamzski? 

#11 annetsang

• 10 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 04:28 PM

NeoModafinil is one of the few internet companies who deliver modafinil to South Korea. They also distribute another nootropics like Memantine, Selegeline, Tianeptine, Gabapentin, e.t.c.through their partner stores

Edited by annetsang, 14 February 2019 - 04:29 PM.

#12 GABAergic

• 349 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 06:27 AM

NeoModafinil is one of the few internet companies who deliver modafinil to South Korea. They also distribute another nootropics like Memantine, Selegeline, Tianeptine, Gabapentin, e.t.c.through their partner stores

all they talk about is modafinil, i didnt see any of the others

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: south korea, provigil, piracetam

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users