Song using bits of video idea.

song outreach convincing the masses art music

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Droplet

• Life Member, Advisor Honorary Advisor
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:55 AM

I know that Aubrey de Grey and a few other important folk in life extension have made videos on You Tube etc. and it made me think...is there anyone who can use snippets of them and work them into a very addictive tune?

Yes, another probably out there idea and it was inspired by this cleverly made video. Okay it probably won't be as funny but it's a thought I had:

• like x 1

#2 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:51 PM

I cut up clips and make videos like that, but it takes a long time just to make simple videos. A person that supports indefinite life extension that knows how to make these videos could really help the cause a lot with a little work here and there. 1 to 5 videos could go a long ways. Thing is, where do we find a person that is serious about indefinite life extension that also knows how to do video? We can find one or the other, but find us both and I'll talk to them.

I make simple things like this, but to make them truly effective they need more to them.

Edited by brokenportal, 04 June 2012 - 07:10 PM.

#3 Droplet

• Topic Starter
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:04 PM

Damn...always the same, we cannot find people with the ability AND support for the cause or at least we struggle to find them. :sad:

#4 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:37 PM

Oh, they're out there, and the more we keep the hooks in the water the more we'll be able to reel in over time.

#5 Droplet

• Topic Starter
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:03 PM

Oh, they're out there, and the more we keep the hooks in the water the more we'll be able to reel in over time.

Really hope so. :) We could so use some more creative types to do things like this.

#6 YOLF

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:47 PM

Well the software for the audio looks like it's only $3. The software for combining the audio and video is $50/month w/ a years subscription. However, as an educational organization, LC might be able to contact Adobe and be approved as a "named educational institution" as per their policy on educational organizations and get it for $30/month. The subscription comes with every app that adobe makes, so that means you'd be able to run a full service media shop with high quality output for between $30-50/month and a volunteer such as myself who happens to be a master of adobe software (I even used to tutor it at an art school). I should note that some other software is required too, but I already have it.

I'm actually very interested in doing this, who would I want to talk to?

Edited by cryonicsculture, 16 January 2014 - 08:49 PM.

• like x 1

#7 Droplet

• Topic Starter
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:55 PM

I've PM'd someone so hopefully someone will point you in the right direction. :)

#8 YOLF

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:45 PM

I'm still interested in doing this. I just need the video from someone who owns the rights to it

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: song, outreach, convincing the masses, art, music

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users